All Comments on 'Clown No More'

by MichaelFitzgerald

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
This was a nice story.

The guy had reason to be upset, but he also had reason to forgive. I enjoyed this story!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Nice story.

Unfortunately, some of the trolls from LW seem to have wandered into the romance section. Readers here are usually very kind. Good story. Write another, please, Randi.

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago
Nice

Nice plot, well written, short, entertaining

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Close, but lacking a middle.

The story had a great set up, good characterisation, and I was looking forward as a reader how the characters would reconcile (given the catagory). Yet the story gave a great big lurch after the confrontation at the lock-up and suddenly the main character is at the wedding, at the baby event, without any description of the characters thoughts or actions to get him to that point.

The readers were given the first and last chapters but in seemed as if the middle section was missing which is a shame as the conflict set-up was a really good one.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Perhaps my idea of "Romance" is a bit different than the authors

Was the "Romance" part where the wife humiliated the husband in front of everyone they know?

Or was it where the Husband wussed out and took her back for her treatment of him?

Asking for a friend

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Romance?

It was reverse loving wives.

He was an absolute sissy. Surprised he wasn't wearing frilly dresses with a hundred petticoats.

I still cannot work out what his problem with being naked. Not as though he planned it. Only idea is he was embarrassed at his 3 inch sissy clit. Guess it would be bad for your daughters, and friends, to see that.

fritz51fritz51over 5 years ago
Why take off the Mask?

First I want to thank the author for submitting a story, even if it wasn't one of my favorites for the reasons I'm giving I still do respect the effort and hope they continue submitting stories. That said:

The proverbial shit didn't hit the proverbial fan until he unmasked himself. He could have faked his way out of center stage, whispered to the other dancers that he was out & left while still masked claiming sick or tell the other dancers the truth but definitely get out BEFORE his own daughter grabbed his cock which was about to happen. The confrontation with the wife could have come later in private where she could be berated for almost allowing the daughter(s) have sexual (yes not full blown-but...) contact with their father. What if they got carried away enough that one of the girls grabbed his cock and stuck it in her mouth before he could react ? Bad move Mom ! But I don't get the unmasking and speech .... not a normal reaction, plus didn't he have any conversation with the other 4 dancers telling them that his daughters would be out there ? Couldn't tell by the way the costume was designed that he was about to be naked ? The only surprise here for me is that this Mom and Dad are so dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Story is weird, nothing makes sense. Why did he take off the mask? How did he not know he'd be naked? Why is he hurt? And if he was so hurt, why would he take her back? Also there's nothing erotic about it. It's rather humerous though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ruined by the unbelievable ending.

I liked the story until the ending. It was a clever idea although I have to tell you I know of NO man that age that would agree to stand in for a male exotic dancer. Even to give his daughter some happiness. They need male dancers to be entertained and celebrate at a bachelorette party? I don't think so. It was a complete mystery as to why he would even walk his daughter down the aisle. The situation hasn't changed and everybody is still embarrassed and mortified. I can understand sucking it up and walking her down the aisle as his duty. But going to dinner where his wife is going to be? By then I would expect him to be moved across the country. A good carpenter can find work anywhere and it's easy to work off the grid. They never would have found him. Things were bad enough when you RAAC'd them. It got worse when you decided to preach about consequences, love and endurance. He would have endured without his callous, selfish wife just fine. Disaster can and does ruin the best of us. But most of us pick ourselves up, throw away the bottle or the pills and continue on with life. Some wise man once said that living well was the best revenge. He should have and would have done just fine without the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

It would be years before I see my wife again if I was him. She took 2 things that a man has and that is respect and pride.

WordcraftWordcraftabout 5 years ago
DITTO ON REFUSING TO FILL IN FOR A EXOTIC DANCER

Not only no, but HELL NO.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
Why open the door?

Wait for the police to respond, or better yet call them yourself!

Then agree to attend the wedding on the understanding she was not invited!

Give an interview to the local press stressing how you were lied to and why she did it!

FD45FD45about 5 years ago
Too contrived

The situation was too weird, the offense too ephemeral, and I can't see myself being that stupid

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I would never have opened the door

wife was a lying sociopath, in the genuine sense of the word.

From that point on, story lost credibility. If he was that fucked up by what happened -- and that part was believable, he would either not open the door, or would strangle that p.o.s. wife the instant he saw her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
it was cruel

the wife basically admitted she thought her husband was a funny clown.

don't women have affairs, murder, and commit suicide due to self image issues?

i'll admit men are made of tougher stuff in that specific arena....but when the person you LOVE for years and YEARS cuts down your image like that...in front of strangers and their OWN children....like...what the actual fuck. that's cruel on another level. selfish is just the tip of what that is.

what was so funny? his penis size? his tummy? his ass? he's a middle aged man, so it's unlikely he's going to be able to compete with young bucks that man-scape because ...it's their job!

that's like him forcing his wife to line up with porn-stars or models and perform like a dancing monkey in front of family and strangers. maybe it's funny if you're a sociopath. i mean....i don't have much empathy personally. but even i cringe at this.

he choose to move on from it. because he misses what she either used to be or pretended to be. but that marriage has taken a blow that will never heal. there will be permanent scar tissue there. i wouldn't even be upset if he has an affair, even if i knew that they both never cheated on the other. let's face it, he only talked to her because of the children....and took her back because nostalgia. she didn't do any penance. she did seem to accept the end which she got points for, but she didn't fight for them or try to make it up to him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Thinking

If an unlikely/unbelievable story is fun and entertaining, then fine. This was not. Not a chance he dances. Second, if mom and daughter are hiring male dancers for a bachelorette party, you married the wrong woman to raise your daughter. Whole thing was rushed and smelled of Jerry Springer.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Thoughts

The whole premise of the set-up is ridiculous! IF five guys are so critical, using an amateur who doesn't know the routine is going to be worse than doing it down a person.

Are we supposed to believe that when they were pointing at him they weren't laughing at his junk compared to the other guys? Even if the daughters didn't know (doubtful), SHE still had her big laugh at his expense.

If it hadn't already happened, I would have had her dance at the bachelor party!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A Cunt and a Doofus!

WTF?! No mother who really loves her daughters would ever embarrass their father in front of them like that dumb cunt Kate did! ~ Story should have ended far earlier with the guy just moving out and leaving the three cunts to their own brand of stupidity! ~ This story sucks!!!

Tootight1Tootight1about 5 years ago
Good story

What Kate did, is what Kate did. Every person on this website knows women can make some pretty big mistakes. I dare anyone here to deny that. I just think it was a stupid thing to do. Why he took off the mask is beyond me, but he did. I probably would have just left town. Would I have filled for divorce, who knows, probably not. People make mistakes every day, including myself, seems the only way to learn for me.

Allowing the daughters to handle the dancers merchandise as he said was a bit much, considering he was their dad. Was that so they could compare their future husbands or father to those jocks, wow, what a great mother she was. The mother was fucked up in the head for sure. I don't think I would have gone back to her after this episode.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Kiwi

Five stars for the story, it was great.

However I wouldn't take her back, but that's just me.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Good but?

Didn't understand how any wife could do such embarrassing stunt

But well written

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It was a good effort, I get it.

An extreme joke showing contempt and disrespect, leading to a destroyed relationship. Its a decent plot idea.

But the details introduced issues of character and human nature that you can't ignore, but you did:

Why would a mother want her daughter looking at Any naked man before her wedding night? Why would the mother risk alienating her daughter's fiance', her soon to be son in law? Of course the fiance's mother and female family would be invited to their daughter in laws bachelorette party, why not? And what mother would approve of having her son's wife act like such a slut, and his future father in law acting like such a fool? Even with the mask it would be impossible to keep that secret forever. So apparently his sister in law was also in on the plan to embarrass and humiliate him?

And for the husband to run off and hide after leaving evidence that the marriage was destroyed indicates cowardice and lack of self righteous indignation that should have been confronted and exposed.

All the actions and reactions reflect a married couple who really don't know or understand each other, and you portrayed the marriage as being much more intimate and deep than that. So it was kind of lame in the end.

A decent effort, but not believable. Still, a nice ending. We can hope they do better going forward.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 4 years ago
What a sad excuse for a mother

Mom thought it would be funny to have Dad strip for his daughters, at a bachelorette party where the women are allowed to play with the male strippers? So... what? Was Mom hoping to see her daughters play with Daddy's dick? And she thought this would be funny?

And the Dad was such a moron that he agreed to dance with strippers, but didn't know he would end up naked?

They shouldn't have been allowed to procreate. They're too stupid.

This story is crazy, too crazy to believe, but the writing was okay. Thanks for posting.

ranec1ranec1over 4 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur m8 awsum story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I get this story

Some people are stupid. Years ago I watched a "prank" video. The highlight was a wife hitting her husband on the back of the head with a serving tray to a bunch of obviously friends and family hooting and hollering. Made me wonder where the joke was because I saw nothing funny there.

Some people find cruelty to be funny. YouTube is full of that. So I took the wife in this story to be like the wife who smashed her husband's head as a joke The world is full of crazy people. With that in mind, this story made sense.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Even with strippers who get nude, don't they get down to thongs/g-strings first?

What if he didn't unmask himself. Would his daughters and/or their friends be fondling him?

I would have insisted that she strip at the reception.

juderboyjuderboyalmost 4 years ago
and on a lighter side

Remember, there is another daughter. There will be another wedding. There will be a bachelor party. I seeing Kate waiting on everyone, 100% naked. Now that is justice.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
BS

Total disrespect and contempt for her husband in front of their daughters and friends but oh yeah I'll take her back she can do it again. After reading a couple of your story I can see you never write any with husbands that have balls and a backbone.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Well Written

but I agree with commenters' thoughts that characters and plot were not consistent. And 'yes', people be crazy and illogical. It's the author's story, just not my favorite among his many excellent offerings. MichaelF, your efforts are appreciated. You demonstrate skills I do not have.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree with firefox 59.

Disrespect ok in your stories along with cheating and of course no trust

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Somewhat hard to follow the story is a bit disjointed as to intent

Scores 3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
But he was stupid

First off how would he not say that strippers with touching is a real no no and no future husband would tolerate that. Secondly, why would he strip in front of future family and present family?

The entire story is so unbelievable I can't get over this.

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

It seems a bit odd that a wife would deliberately fool her husband into getting naked, albeit not by his own hand, in front of his family and other guests knowing that there would be some handling of genitalia; the story does not make it clear whether his daughters or other females actually handled his penis. Why would he then expose his identity by removing his mask thereby making it doubly stupid. Doesn,t make sense although I did enjoy the story. I think ,once again, the author couldn,t wait to hurry the story through.

jneric2691jneric2691almost 3 years ago

When I read a story, I usually put myself in the mind of best the main character. I try to feel his reaction to the situation and what they would do. When this situation occurred, his mind probably went blank trying to deal with the situation. People he knew well, we're laughing at him. Pulling the mask off was one way to let his wife know the humiliation he felt was not funny, as he explained it.

There are people out there, as sad as it may be, that pull these types of pranks.

As to handling of penis', I don't think Robb would have gone along with that.

As to the passage of time, that is assumed, or it would mean that Emma and Bill were knockin'boots and had to get married. Wonder if Robb had a shotgun standing by?

So, I find the story completely probable. And finally, long ago, people were entertained by a group of Keystone Cops chasing a runaway paddy wagon! Huh? How realistic is that?

Loved the story, Michael!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Don't believe in bachelor and bachelorette parties where merchandise is on display let alone handled. If you need that right before you take vows Don't take them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really don't understand what Kate expected to get out of that. I tried to think of having my wife expose herself to her sons and can't figure out how to get any joy out of that.

Once she's done something that she's so proud of, how can she go the rest of her life and not brag about it to anyone?

racfguyracfguyover 2 years ago

He took her back after what she did to him? He's dumber than a box of rocks, and she's a cruel bitch.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

"They're at it again." Lori called out to her sister.

Hilarious, just hilarious. I think the parents will give the grandchildren better standards than Emma thinks.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

why did she want to do that why was he so pissed i do not understand the motivation

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

ok read it baked and read it sober now i have read it sober now i have no idea why the hell he took her back 0 was resolved that i can see and i do not get why he didnt just walk away without removing the mask and talk to his daughter later but touching that wife again nope,,, your stuff is so dam good this one just confuses me

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyable story - well written. Don’t understand how Kate could think stunt was funny but DO understand MC getting her back with extra benefits. Would always be on guard though!

CSXaviCSXaviover 1 year ago

Don't get it?

He agreed to the dumb idea, did it, and then made it so much worse for himself by removing his mask?

Its like agreeing to be stabbed, getting stabed with the knife half way in and then pushing the knife in the rest of the way yourself.

Just dumb and illogical...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well written. Can't see how the wife thought leaving her husband starkers in front of their friends and family would be funny but, women can be brain dead oft times. Love this author's viewpoint and composition.

nestorb30nestorb308 months ago

A weird one for sure

Thanks for writing

oldmanbill69oldmanbill697 months ago

Color me confused!

mfj77mfj774 months ago

Huh?!!? Did some sentences fall off the page during uploading? Was the "BIG" oops, just the being nude in front of his daughters? And the timeline between the party and the wedding and the Thanksgiving celebration was very murky. Not sure if the author was being cute or just too clever but there was too much left out to make it an enjoyable story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous