All Comments on 'Cody Pt. 01'

by Emotional

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great start

Wildbill314Wildbill314almost 2 years ago

Pretty damn good! Hope the sequels are just as good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I gave you 5 stars, but, I can't see where part 2 is headed. Waiting for the next story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Always enjoy a good western and this is a good one. Look forward to the next parts thanks

grob39zgrob39zalmost 2 years ago

Very well done for a first effort! You have a future doing this. Really there were only a couple times when the narrative got switched like instead her it was my. If you did your own editing you did a pretty good job but missed a couple things. Can't wait for part 2!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Stupendous! Loved every word! Can’t wait to read part 2. Thank You! Seth 8102

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One star would not be fitting for such a great start to what should become a great western tale. Perhaps somewhere down the line Isaac will find someone else to share his life with.

jerryth31jerryth31almost 2 years ago

This was an enjoyable read.

I expected the usual sex and marriage and sex, happily ever after.

You threw a curve there...

Look forward to your next writing

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Great start, brutal, but still a great start.

grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusalmost 2 years ago

Great story, well written - thank you!

But from her death, everything went a little too fast for me, compared to what was written before.

Looking forward to the next chapter and hope that he still finds his happiness and reasons to laugh.

chick2206chick2206almost 2 years ago

that's real romance. to live for the memory of a lost one

erhco1952erhco1952almost 2 years ago

A great start as Anonymous staed ,I hope that the future chapters are as easy to read and are just as good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

good read,looking forward to the next part

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great job for your first story. Can't wait to read next part of this one and looking forward to your future stories .

beanburner69beanburner69almost 2 years ago

like western stories this is great, 5 stars favored you and added this to favorites

MainboyMainboyalmost 2 years ago

Very well done! Killing the herione was a chest tightening surprise but following the trend of the story I have every reason to believe there are a few glittering surprises in store for us.

Keep it up. I honestly believe you have great promise as a story teller and this being your first story is proof of that.

Like so many others, I am chomping at the bit for the rest.

Hold thumbs:-))

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great start

mcollectmcollectalmost 2 years ago

Wow for your first story this was great. Can't wait for the next installment. Of course 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lots of grammar issues, but a good story.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 2 years ago

Excellent first story.

Good character development and inserting proper emotion in this wonderful tale.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Well done.

brownmobbrownmobover 1 year ago
WOW

Great first go, two thumbs up and 5 stars from me.

Yes the grammar needs a bit of work but the story was hardly affected.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Helpful placement

List your " 3 best westerns " under favorites so that the less capable of us may find and read them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Needs more sequels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story but sad. I like a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In the beginning of the story, the main character is 24 years old, sitting in a bar. He overhears talk about the town of Cody & decides to go there. Near the end of the story when he is at the bank to get money to settle in Cody, he is only 20 years old.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

This was a very good first effort. I would suggest an editor as there are more than a few mistakes. You do not use apostrophes to make a word plural as in one Mary or twelve Marys.

Western heroes are seldom so cold blooded about killing sleeping men. The whore house was most of the story and the gunfight was a brief afterthought. Readers of westerns like action, a lovely heroine and a hero they can identify with. This guy was a bit cold and emotionless. He claimed to be angry, sad, tired or whatever, but the descriptions, dialogue and actions needed to accentuate it and they did not. The guy is too much an avenging angel and not enough a decent man who readers can like. That's how I see it.

Cali_LoveCali_Loveover 1 year ago

You are a good writer and kept my interest from start to finish. I get it that what happened to poor Desiree is going to significantly shape our cowboy’s character and can’t wait to read part deux. Cheers.

Flar1958Flar1958over 1 year ago
Hard stuff

Let's see part2

tumbleweed246tumbleweed246over 1 year ago

Very much enjoyed this first installment, you listed three stories that I will checkout and hopefully enjoy. I would like to recommend for you Montana Summer, a series by D K Moon, placed more in the modern era but delving into the customs and beliefs of the Lakota Nation. Keep up the wonderful work!

Horseman68Horseman68over 1 year ago

Excellent but sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have read every Lamour book and still have the whole Sackett series - that I’ve read 3 times. And I am a sucker for romance stories.

Hungry_VaginHungry_Vaginover 1 year ago

That's awesome! I love that you didn't stick to the formula that so many other stories on this site use. It is absolutely a breath of fresh air; I can hardly wait to see where the rest of the story takes us. I can't believe this was your first story. Absolutely incredible!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely worthy of Zane Grey and Louie L'Amour! Kudos!

baldy48baldy48about 1 year ago

Thanks for the enjoyable story. It does have a somewhat different rhythm than most Western stories. I think your story would be improved if you had a few more specifics in it. You could for example, talk about the shotgun and tell us if it's a ten g gauge or a twelve gauge and the brand. The revolvers could be Colts, but they could also be Remingtons. Mention his horses. Are they buckskins or pintos or bays? Things like that bring life to the story and add authenticity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was just horrible 😢

jmcharl1jmcharl1about 1 year ago

I loved it until the ending. Sorry but this is in the romance section. Well written. 4 stars.

Starwolf1961Starwolf196112 months ago

SSAAAADD! I am not ashamed to cry and I did. I loved the story, but my heart is broken.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Excd!land western writing loved the story BUT the hero can't ride off into the sunset without his woman. I look forward to the next part hopefully soon.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

interesting, hard to believe. sorry, nowhere near as good as Walter Bros. or Split Trails Ranch. I think "Walker Colt is the name of another story,

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar9 months ago

Pretty good story. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hard to rate. Romance shouldn't end with the death of a loved one. On the other hand, excellent writing. Four.

EVLoverEVLover9 months ago

Wow, a remarkably good story.

Isaac certainly has a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde personality...being able to sweet talk Desiree, her Mother, and the two Marys while not hesitating to kill six rustlers in their sleep as well as revenge the death of Desiree by maiming Colby in such a way to torture him for the rest of his days.

Something tells me that I wouldn't want to cross Isaac yet would want him watching my back when I was facing danger.

I hope that he finds peace for his troubled soul in Chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fantastic story, but man I wish you would’ve have written it without that. Gave you the earned 5 ⭐️ anyway.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I truly enjoyed the read! A few spelling errors, but a really good story

Keep up the good work

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmotional@Emotional
I have been a life long reader. I have had stories bouncing around in my head for years, so finally decided to put some of them on paper. Brittany Buckles 2nd edition has just been published. It is approx 8,000 words longer than the original. Hope you enjoy it. Check out ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Cody Pt. 02 Next Part
Cody Series Info