Coffee and Claire Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I really wanted to meet Sandra after Claire spoke about her. I wondered if she would accept me being close to Claire. I would have to have her on my side if I wanted to date Claire. Easier said than done though.

I figured there would be a good chance of that happening soon. After all, I was helping her move on Saturday. Surprisingly, Brandon never came up in our conversations once. She did ask me about my love life though.

"Why no special woman, Krish?"

"I don't know Claire. Never had any luck with women and they wanted nothing to do with me. After a while, I just gave up trying. Too awkward."

"You're not too awkward around me?" She smirked.

"True. Can't explain it to myself either." I shrugged.

She just smiled that sweet smile of hers and said, "No bother. It's not a bad thing at all."

Her tone was indicative of something I couldn't identify. It made me a bit nervous but I didn't show it.

As we finished her coconut biscuits, she held my hand again. "Krish, this was really great! Your cooking is going to be a problem for my figure!" I just smiled. She got serious.

"I needed to feel something normal and have a conversation without thinking about my problems. You've made me extremely happy for the second day in a row." She ended with a smile.

"I had a great time too, Claire." I ventured boldly. "This is the best first date I've ever had."

"You thought this was a date?" she asked, still smiling. For once in my life, I said "Yes" with supreme confidence. I was simmering on the inside though, waiting for ridicule or rejection.

"I thought this was a great date too!" she said, kissing my hand. "It wasn't our first though, that was yesterday." She said seductively, looking into my eyes. It scared me. I wasn't equipped to deal with this!

I cleared my throat and got up quickly. She was looked a little puzzled but composed herself immediately. I felt terrible. I could have handled it better.

"You need help with the dishes?" She asked. It was almost 10 now. I suddenly worried about Sandra. She was probably alone and keeping Claire any longer wouldn't be a good idea.

"Nope. I have a washer. Will Sandra be waiting for you? It's close to 10." I said. She looked hurt.

"Trying to send me away already?" she asked with a little annoyance. I had to get out of this, quick.

"Not at all Claire. I was just worried I'd made you late. I could probably talk to you all night but what I want isn't important. You can stay as long as you like but please don't think I'm trying to drive you out." I looked into her eyes doing my best to convey my point with my expressions.

She gave me a faint smile. Her eyes held longing. "You're right. I've got to get back but I don't like it one bit. I'll be brutally honest here Krish. I like you.... a lot! I know I've just been dumped but I swear what I feel for you has got nothing to do with me being down.

She took a deep breath, as if steadying herself and continued. "I would like to see where this goes. If you want to as well, that is. I am in no rush but I feel like we have something special here. I want to try to hold on to it before we ruin it by thinking too much."

I took a moment to compose my thoughts. Was I going to push Claire away just because I thought it was too soon? If I was honest with myself, it wasn't too soon to date for me and Claire was saying the same. I was attracted to her like a moth to a flame. I made my decision.

"You weren't dumped, Brandon was a cunt. I'd love to see where this goes too, Claire. It's no secret either that I've always fancied you. We can explore the possibilities at our own pace." I replied and did something shocking to me. I pulled her close and kissed her like there was no tomorrow. I wanted this woman. Needed this woman and would do whatever it takes to have her.

She yelped when I pulled her but I could feel her smile against my lips as we deepened the kiss. We were now snogging like teenagers who'd just found out how good it was. Our tounges tasting the depths of each others' mouths. She was too delicious to stop but my eyes went to the clock and I slowly stoped the kiss, pecking her lips as I held her back slightly.

"Wow!" She whispered. "Wow is right!" I whispered back. She was glowing red and hesitantly pulled out of my arms. I walked her too the door and helped her with her jacket.

"I kinda wish you'd touch my boob again." She laughed. I just laughed back and said "Thanks for taking a chance with me Claire. Hope you have a good night."

"Oh I will. Wish you the same." She grinned and pecked my lips again. "When shall we do this again? I want to do it as early as possible, considering I won't be able to see you every day because of the cafe." she asked.

"I'm away to Bristol from Tuesday until Thursday. Have a PhD thesis to examine so will be a bit busy until then. I'm up for anytime starting Friday."

"When on Friday?" she asked. "I can get off work early." I said.

"Good. I need to speak with you about mum's move on Saturday. I also need to get all my paperwork in order and find a solicitor. I haven't any money to pay them but I desperately need help to figure the legal stuff out. I'll try and work something out. Maybe ask Greg? I don't know. I have the week after to figure it out before I need to pay the bank. Can we do dinner Friday?" The worried expression was back.

"Slow down Claire." I soothed her by rubbing her shoulders. "Maybe I could help with the solicitor. I know a few good patent lawyers I've consulted for. They would know who to ask. I will look around and find one for you by Friday. Lets meet around 2. I'll get back super early and we can talk about all this at length" I offered.

"I probably can't afford a Cambridge lawyer, Krish but asking them won't be so bad. Maybe they can point me to a less expensive one, once they know I'm penniless." She said sadly.

"Don't worry about the fees just yet Claire. I promise I'll find one that isn't expensive." A few patent lawyers owed me favours for my consulting. I would move mountains for Claire.

"Thanks, Krish. That would be great. I'll get going now. I'll text you when I'm home. See you Friday. I'll cook so bring a nice red wine." She said and gave me one last deep kiss. I opened the door and she walked out. I watched her go until the street corner where she turned back and waved. I waved back and sighed as I closed the door. It would be a long wait until Friday.

Chapter 12

I was super busy Thursday. There was so much to do that I was struggling with time. Bristol was good and the student did well in his examination. I was happy I'd finished. I was so looking forward to get back home and anxious to meet Claire again.

We had texted a bit on Sunday night and during lunch on Monday. Claire called me Monday night. "I wanted to hear your voice. I miss the cafe and all the people. I feel useless at home but there's loads to do."

We talked for an hour about her work that day along with much else and she'd kissed me good night. That pattern repeated itself until Thursday evening. Se didn't call and said that she wanted some anticipation for tomorrow. I just laughed and went along. She sent me a voice note with a kissing sound and I felt complete. I was now used to being kissed good night virtually. I couldn't wait to do it for real!

Friday afternoon rolled around at a snail's pace as I got out of work. Having tenure sure came with perks. I could get out at any time. I walked to a florist close to the lab and bought some yellow chrysanthemums. Claire had mentioned they were her favorite. I also bought a nice bottle of red on my way to the bus stop. I got on the bus and couldn't sit still until I was home.

I got in at half past one and rushed to take a shower and dress. I wore my nicest shirt and grey jumper along with navy trousers. I didn't own many fancy clothes so this would have to do. It was quarter to two as I stepped out of the house. The weather was gloomy but it wasn't supposed to rain so I decided to take my bicycle. I had a car but I hated driving unless it was absolutely necessary. Biking would do for now.

I loaded up my saddlebag with the flowers and wine and was pedaling furiously. Claire's house was only five minutes away and I made it to her door with a couple of minutes to spare. I knocked while shuffling on my feet to steady my nerves as I held the wine and flowers in my hands.

Claire opened the door wearing a pale yellow skirt and a white blouse. She looked beautiful as ever. She immediately pulled me in by the neck as my hands were full and gave me a smacking kiss. She sighed as she touched her forehead to mine.

"The next time you leave for a week, make sure you take me too." she laughed. I smiled.

"I'll have to buy a giant suitcase to pack you in!" I quipped. Her returning laugh was magnificent. I was going to try and crack as many jokes around her as I could. She grabbed the flowers from me and smelled them. she immediately kissed me again.

"You remembered! I love them!" She hugged my side. We walked to the kitchen where I put the wine on the counter. She brought out a vase for the flowers and put them in the middle of the dining table. She walked back to me and I hugged her close.

I hadn't heard or seen Sandra around but I didn't ask. Maybe she was around but didn't want to intrude? I wasn't going to ask and put myself through an interrogation right now so I let it be.

"I wanted to do that the moment you walked in." She sighed hugging me tighter. "Dr Krish, I don't know if you knew but you're kinda jacked under those sensible clothes!" She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I laughed at how silly she was.

"You think so? Finally someone noticed!" I said.

"You should wear more fitted clothes if you want to be noticed, mate." She retorted. "On second thought, don't wear more fitted clothes. I'd have to beat the ladies off of you if you did." she giggled.

"Did you eat? We could have some tea and biscuits if you have. If you haven't, I'll make you a sandwich." Claire asked moving out of my arms and going towards the counter. "I've eaten so tea sounds great." I replied.

She smiled and put the kettle on. My mouth watered when she pulled out freshly baked chocolate biscuits. They smelled lovely. I had to watch how many I ate or I'd be in trouble! Making the tea, she asked "I only know how you take your coffee but I'm guessing yes milk and no sugar with tea?"

"You know me too well Ms Smith." I replied. She brought the tea out and I carried the biscuits to the coffee table. We sat beside each other on the sofa and she snuggled into me with her cup. We just sat there silently for a while, relishing in our closeness. "I found you a solicitor." I said grabbing a biscuit out of the plate. "She's agreed to do it at no cost."

She turned her head to me and looked at me waiting to hear the catch. "Don't look at me like that. I'm not joking. I worked for this guy who was a big shot patent lawyer on a multi-million pound intellectual property dispute. I refused to get paid as I enjoyed the work and it helped a student. He owes me big. His name's Jon Leese. His wife Michelle works in financial law. She's agreed to work for you in return for my favour."

Claire kept her mug down, turned my head and kissed me hard. It was electric. After we were done. She had tears in her eyes. "Are you really serious? I have trouble believing you'd do this for me."

"Anything for you, Claire." I said. Her expression went dark. "Don't ever say that, Krish. Brandon always said it to me. I know you're not him and it isn't fair to you but It makes my skin crawl." She hissed. Lesson learned! Her mood changed to one of anger but it wasn't really my fault.

"I'm sorry Claire. I didn't say it flippantly. I really do mean it but I won't say it again." I said looking down. I need a change of topic. "Do you have the paperwork ready? Michelle said she could meet us Monday to discuss the matter. Remind me to give you her cell so you can set something up. I'll take off work early as she wants to meet after 1."

"Let me know what you decide. Her office is close to my lab so we could meet for lunch and visit her after." I finished.

"Monday after 1 should be fine. I can go by myself, Krish. You've already taken off early today. I don't want you to get in trouble for me." She said without meeting my eyes. I gently put my hand under her chin and pulled her up. Placing a soft kiss on her lips, I said. "Hey! I promised I'd be a better friend and I have flexible hours so it's no trouble. I have information about Brandon that might help too. I had a friend do some digging and know how he ran his scams. We might have concrete evidence soon." I caressed her cheek and said, "I'm coming. No arguments."

She snuggled into me again and we finished our tea. We spoke strategies and I told her what I'd found out about Brandon. Mark was only happy to hear from me and I'd explained my problem to him over the phone. He was very willing to help. Over the week, he'd figured out how Brandon had stolen money. I had enough against him. She was ecstatic. We talked about money next.

"The mortgage application for the house has gone through. I used a different bank this time. We should have the money by next Wednesday. It will be just enough to pay back the mortgage and interest. I now need to figure out how to restart the cafe. There won't be enough left once I've paid off the bank."

This made me want to jump in but I had to be careful. I'd done well for myself over the years as I had a substantial salary. I also had returns from the student startups I'd helped build. I had invested that money wisely and lived frugally so I had quite a bit saved up. I wasn't filthy rich, but was in a great position to help Claire.

Claire was a fiercely independent woman and she hated asking for help. That much was clear. I didn't want money to impact what we had built until now or mess up what we could have. Her trust in me was fragile and I had to tread lightly. I decided to offer my help in the most non-threatening way possible.

"I know it will be hard Claire, but would you be open for a deal? I have a bit of money saved up. It can probably tide you over until you start making money back at the cafe. I'm willing to give you the money interest free in exchange for a small monthly payment until you pay me back fully. We can work out how much that is. I'm in no hurry so you can pay me as little as you like."

"It's a shit deal, Krish! You wouldn't make any money off of it and it'll take ages to pay you back. I don't need your charity!" she squealed angrily. I had tried my best to be fair but she had reacted as I feared. "I don't need you to be my white knight Krish. If you want to be my business partner, we could maybe entertain the idea. But you need to stop this money nonsense."

"It's not charity Claire!" I said with conviction. "I don't need to make money off of you because you're my friend. I don't want to push you if it is going to come between us but could you please think about it as a favour to me? The deal isn't changing and you can have it whenever you feel like it. That is all we'll say about it for now."

She wasn't happy but was willing to remain silent. It got a little awkward and I got up to take the dishes to the kitchen. I needed time to think as I'd put my foot into my mouth with this. I started washing dishes thinking of a comeback and lost track of time.

Claire came in after a few minutes while I was still thinking and hugged me from behind. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and looked back at her over my shoulder apprehensively.

She began, "I know you're only doing this to help Krish. I'm sorry I snapped at you but I've been betrayed by those who were supposed to love me. The cafe and mum are all I have left. It is very hard for me to trust someone with money, especially after what Brandon did. Again, you're not him but I still don't like it. That said, I can't be afraid to trust again. Promise I'll think about your deal."

"That is all I ask Claire." I said with a reassuring smile. She was still holding me when I washed my hands. I turned to her and she buried herself into my chest. I could tell that statement took a lot out of her and I just held her for a while.

When she was feeling a little better, She looked to the clock. It was forty past four. She looked at me and said. "I have to cook and you're very distracting. Go watch some telly or doodle some science until I finish."

I gave her my best puppy dog eyes and begged. "Please let me help Claire, I promise to keep my hands to myself. I wont distract you." I kissed her gently. Boy, was I lying!

The kiss quickly turned to a full blown makeout session near the sink. She suddenly grabbed my hands from her back and put them on her delicious arse. They squeezed involuntarily and she moaned into my mouth. Our tongues were dueling constantly when suddenly something hit. I pulled away and looked at her with horror. She had an amused expression, waiting for me to explain the sudden stoppage.

"Your mum! Will she be okay with this? I don't want you to get in trouble with her!" I said animatedly. She cackled at me! I was being entirely serious.

"We're stood here, making out in the kitchen and you're worried about mum?" She asked.

"Umm... yeah?" I replied sheepishly. She laughed again and gave me a peck. My hands came off her arse to her shoulders.

"Mum is away with uncle Greg, Krish. There was a church social and all her friends were going to be there. Greg was also going to take her to another friend's house after so she'll be out until seven. She'll be on time for dinner."

"Phew! I was worried she might shoot me or something if she saw my tongue stuck in your throat in her kitchen!" I said. She laughed again.

"You're scared of my paralysed mum? Such a baby!" She kissed me again. "Now stop distracting me and let me cook." She admonished.

"5 more minutes, please?" I begged. We started making out again and it turned fierce. I was pawing her butt and she was pulling my hair back. It was mental! She suddenly stopped this time and looked at my eyes with unbridled lust.

"Krish, I know you're slow on the uptake, so here it goes. We need to move to the bedroom ASAP!"

My insecurities were back and I looked at her frozen in shock. "A-are y-you.. uhm.. Are you sure?" I stuttered. "What about uhh... dinner?"

"Fuck dinner. There's always Chinese takeaway." She said and began attacking my mouth again. I was powerless to resist her. I pulled her in tighter. My insecurities were still swirling but I would deal with them. The mythical woman in my arms demanded my attention and everything else could wait.

Chapter 13

We slowly moved toward her bedroom which was upstairs. Our lips were locked and she was hanging around my waist. I carried her, knocking things over in our path. We didn't care. Our need for each other was too strong.

I climbed two stairs at a time holding her shapely rear tight and bounded to her room. She pulled. my jumper off as we reached the landing and hastily removed my shirt. I had gooseflesh despite the toasty interior. I took her blouse off while she unbuttoned my slacks. Her wonderful breasts were clad by a white lacy bra and we just broke the kiss enough to admire each other half clothed.

She had a sly smile when she traced her hand along my pecs and abs. "I've dreamt of seeing that delicious body since the dinner at your house." She sighed. "Me too, love." I whispered.

She yanked my slacks off leaving me in my boxers. We started moving toward the bedroom door again, while she was undoing her skirt. She walked out of it as she entered her room and I found matching panties that sported a huge wet spot. We were in her room and I was ogling her.

"Pick your jaw up off the floor, doc!" She smirked. "You're stunning!" I hissed. She was stunning. I felt like I'd been frozen on the spot. She put her arms around me and resumed our passionate kiss. My hands were roaming on her back and her's were crushing me into her body.