All Comments on 'Coincidences Pt. 02'

by hapmarried

Sort by:
  • 150 Comments (Page 2)
Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 2 years ago

Average. Crushed excitement after husband mastermind buildup fell flat. Also, not a fan of reconciliation without guilty party redeeming itself. Trust was lost and not re-built.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

After Pt. 1, I was really expecting more, but this was a bit of a letdown. Too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your a lot nicer than me . I like your writing but you leave me wondering about your endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm not one for reconciliations, but seeing as how both of them cheated, let the slate be wiped clean and start over.

I liked it.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Just a comment on the story. You build the plot and story line very well. Never picked up Gladholder's role as the clue master. Only critiicam is the end could have been drawn out and fought a bit more. Great subtle·y on the coincidences (great title by the way). BTRH...

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

10 to 1 is MUCH WORSE!!! Time for DIVORCE...

widowedidiotwidowedidiotabout 2 years ago
Bart?

Its all about Bart I guess. I liked this story. it was very interesting and eye catching. The only thing that got me was when she said Bart would register them so she wouldn't have to show herself at the front desk. But then how did Bic's friend recognize her, if she had never been to the front desk. Why did Bic's friend say that he recognized her when she went to the front desk? How did Bic';s friend know it was her if they had never met? Remember her saying that she recognized him from an old photo? That part got kind of weird for me. otherwise it was a full bodied story.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

Page 1 chapter 1 gave early indications this is a read the comments first story. Scanned the end, glad I did. ⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Worst story ever

xtc5xtc5about 2 years ago

I really hope you start writing more.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Police officers have a very high divorce rate . I have worked with some great cops and a few I wish I had never met . Kind of the same as the serviceman and women who put their lives on the line for us each day

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Sorry but what started as a great story you turned into a cliched pile of shit.

You literally took the most over used cheap and laziest way out to make it a RAAC. I dont always have issues with RAAC stories but you went all out dipshit with this ""We had sex, Paula. Ellie and me. One time. At one of those cheap motels down on the strip."

Yup, everyones done one of those. Its lazy and weak when they do it and its even worse when its done in a really good story like this one.

Now I feel like shit for applauding the first part.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

This new ability to grasp the motivation for her infidelity provided a small but perceptible lift in her spirits.

- Sure am glad she's feeling better about her cheating...

Just as he must have tried to stop her when she was stumbling with Bart.

- "stumbling"? She didn't trip, she dove headfirst.

How could she explain betraying the most perfect husband she ever imagined?

- "I apparently don't love you as much as I should"?

Hardest of all, how could she convince him that if given a chance, she would be loyal forevermore?

- "Um, I promise to behave." Got to carry more weight than a measly little wedding vow, doesn't it?

She jumped for an instant when his voice broke the silence: "You've never been in this one," he said, intuitively. "Courtney checked."

- Much nicer than saying "You've never fucked in this one."

Directing his eyes toward Paula, he said, "It worked on Bic. I thought it might work on you too." Glumly, he added, "I wish it had."

- "Too bad you listened to your pussy more than he listened to his dick."

"No, no, no" she replied, thinking to herself that while she knew she had to say that, it also was true.

- Meaning she'd have lied to him if it *weren't* true? A willingness to lie more, I'd say, is sure a good sign.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lmao. They didn't try hard enough to intervene for the cheating wife. 😂

nitinjozefnitinjozefalmost 2 years ago

Had such high hopes after the first chapter, but turned out to be a dud...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Unlike some of the commentators below, I both loved this well written story & it’s happy ending. Both cheated, & even though hers was worse, this’s only bec he was stopped. He’s right in recognizing that fact in trying to work things out with his wife.

Those who fault only her I feel miss that point. 5 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Written with obvious kindness.

Yes, there's a burning, but it's proportionately mild.

Good tale, well told

Ocker53Ocker53over 1 year ago

Just dribble⭐️⭐️

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[13.09.252]

Beautiful!

Two flawed people who truly love each other reconnect.

11/10!!!!!

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 1 year ago

Sanctimonious drivel

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

I could never get past what she did. She was older and never had any qualms about fucking around on him. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good and realistic story, except it seems for the perfect “drivel critics,” who aren’t happy unless there’s maximum carnage and everyone is miserable for the rest of their lives. Ignore the baying hounds. They’re alone in their momma’s basements or stuck with brain dead, yawn evoking wives who are barely a threat to breathe, let alone cheat.

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

He was wrong, she was far worse....

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

While I did not like nor appreciate the introspections in the first part of this story the second part put it more into perspective of what was truly happening. He was ridden with guilt as much as she was. The term I had never read before in any of these LW stories kind of explained, an ego fuck.

Well written and with a twist where both parties were cheating or had cheated and felt guilty about. I'm still not sure why people cheat. I've been with two women in my life and married the first one then when she left me for whatever reason I married the second one and that lasted 40 years. There is never a reason to cheat just rationalizations or you need and ego fuck. Good people don't choose when to be virtuous. Well written, the first part a bit long. 5 stars

nogravynogravyover 1 year ago

NIce twist at the end, changing what would have been a BTB story to one of renewal. thanks for your hard work.

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

MatkT63: i disagree that she was far worse. From what we know in the story he would have and indeed tried to continue the affair. At least 2 times there was direct intervention, not weird subtle h o.k nts. A call to come to the station. Cut off and confronted by police. Her intervention cam in the form of a similar car she'd have to notice... weird changes in gas level that could be a mistake. Had they been pulled over maybe it woke be different. Had he hsd the office call to have then return immediately... maybe the same. Not sure the marriage can really work hut cannot say one war better or worse than the other either.

Maybe it's a match made in heaven... two cheaters that hopefully both learned their lesson the hard way...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

4 Stars on a good story . Cheating is a good way to kill a marriage . I do wonder if they can trust each other again ?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I also agree that hers was far worse and not necessarily because of 10 to 1 ratio; it's more because she recognized the signs right away, from the very beginning and she kept ignoring them while repeating her husbands mantra: "There are no such things as coincidences". Then she kept going home to her wonderful husband doing all the right little things like making her favorite dinner, hugs and kisses and what not, all scared and remorseful, looking for a recognition of her affair in his eyes, but as soon as she sees there are no clues that he actually knows, she's back to her old ways. And let's not even mention the absolute disrespect at having the audacity to have her little tryst even on a day before her anniversary! Then she proceeds to have the 'mind-blowing' anniversary with her husband at a close by motel and still continues the affair afterwards? Honestly, I feel like the only reason she actually stopped is because she was finally forced to make a choice.

And all the "missing out in high school" bullshit is just plain ridiculous; I would be more inclined to believe such bullshit if it was said she never had ANY prior experience before her marriage. But no, she had her college days and other sexual partners, so that one doesn't really hold water with me.

Also, her husband never got any "clue" that his wife might know about his affair (well, except his own doubts and paranoia). All HE got were simple interruptions that could in no way be linked back to his wife and he still GOT A CLUE. I mean, he did get that speech from chief - "Do you love your wife? Because you either give her all your love or you don't. And if you don't, your marriage is doomed. Real love may come only once. Don't waste it." - and the only reason the RAAC is even remotely acceptable here is that noone gave HER that speech. Well, that and maybe the fact that they both did cheat in the end; plus, she at least lost him for a few months and was forced to live in regret during that time. But speech is definitely the main reason.

StubbyoneStubbyone12 months ago

WOW ! You really can write !! What a great little story. Disappointed that you’ve only penned 5-stories. Would love to see more of your writing skills. 5-😊😊😊😊😊’s

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sorry but turned out with a total bullshit ending. The whole premise of equality is a lie of feminism, which wants all the privileges of being a man but none of the responsibilities that come as consequences of them, nor do they want to surrender any special privileges bestowed to only women. As far back in recorded history as you can go, relationships have always been about compromise, like ying and yang, not equal but balanced, 10 pounds of steel - 10 pounds of feathers, not equal, not the same, but balanced. That said the #1 imperative of life is reproduction to have YOUR DNA passed down to have lineage. Men have an inherent revulsion of adulterous women, because there being absolutely no 100% guarantees the best odds a man could achieve was through fidelity! Women do NOT have these inherent feelings and emotions, and don't even comprehend them they think we only feel the same hit to the ego that they would feel when cheated on. They don't understand because the question of parentage to them doesn't exist! Like asking who a child's mother is doesn't even make sense it is a 100% that the child she bears is hers.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So who moved her car?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I'm sorry but normally I would say Throw the cheating bitch out, but how can I say that, when I has was the cheating bitch too. But see two wrongs can add up to one right sometimes. I really love happy endings..

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

An optical illusion that all will end well... the so-called short period of therapy will not heal all.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Nice way to end it.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut9 months ago

Wonderful ending, so sad it has lower marks than the first part.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ruined a perfectly set up BTB story... oh well, I guess the foolish romantics win out every now and then.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The goober below who wants the BTB ending. That all changed when hubby boned Nurse Goodbody. Bic would have been nothing more than a hypocritical scumbag.

AllNigherAllNigher8 months ago

To anonymous 4 months ago who said " The whole premise of equality is a lie of feminism, which wants all the privileges of being a man but none of the responsibilities that come as consequences of them, nor do they want to surrender any special privileges bestowed to only women."

You are an idiot. Historically women have had to put up with cheating husbands not because they were okay with it but because society forced them into dependancy on men. Still the case some places. This doesn't make men cheating okay or somehow less wrong than women cheating and if you think that you are just an asshole. No need to get into macho masculine blah blah blah like you did siteing feminism. Asshole works just fine. Dickhead works, too.

In many ways cheating men are worse historically... the fear from men that they don't get to procreate is reasonable. But women have the fear that they will never see their child again, or they won't be able to survive on their own historically. And the result of cheating had historically been worse for women... Up to and including death.

Today, both sides of the fear are reduced (in the western world at least currently) but that doesn't change the fact it's wrong for both sides. Equally so despite your bullshit reasoning otherwise.

Enjoyed the story. Two flawed individuals who could hopefully learn and grow and do better together in the future..

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written and entertaining but the ending came off as trite. Summed up by the following:

[Directing his eyes toward Paula, he said, "It worked on Bic. I thought it might work on you too." Glumly, he added, "I wish it had." Then he briefly summarized his moves to disrupt both illicit romances.]

===> except it didn't work in Paula. She continued full steam ahead. She had no clue of Bic's infidelity and did it for some 10 weeks or so. She was caught up in an obsessive thrill of objectively shittier sex. She fell into the seductive embrace of a predator and was thrilled by it. Sure she has remorse later. And Bic certainly broke his marriage vows first. But he stopped. And she didn't. And it wasn't clear that even after the anniversary that she woukd have stopped any time soon until she saw Bic had departed. Smart move to take a transfer into a program with zero transparency to create separation. I can see his own temptations as a way to better understand and even go to counseling. But she just couldn't quit. And her motivations as per the counselor were vapid at best. Makes this come off as more of a RAAC than a reconciliation, ignoring the six monthsbshe suffered without Bic. Still why woukd he trust her? His own infidelity gives him a window into her mind, but he stopped and she did not. That suggests that their marriage is not symmetric and their love was not as strong going both directions. I am not advocating a BTB ending. The husband cheating first removes that off the table. But is not hypocritical to see that she failed worse and thus the road to reconciliation would be much harder in real life than hoe it appeared in this story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The hotel guy would have been a better friend to have confronted the wife the same way he did the husband years before. She would have stopped and Bic could have been spared the suffering.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Both terrible people and lying cheaters. They deserve each other. :)

deependerdeepender4 months ago

Boy, it's a good thing he cheated, too.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil473 months ago

Thank you hapmarried for a really well written story. Just a small amount of editing needed but sadly you are not writing here anymore. Your stories were all good 4*+, hope to find you on another site one day. Mel B known as Hornydevil47

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Reconciliation is always an option, but depends on the particular couple. Friends just have to accept and respect their wishes. This happened to a close friend of mine where his wife had a months-long affair and it came out after another friend saw the lovers together and told him. Both were close couples friends of my wife and I. They separated for some 7 months before coming back together to reconcile. I privately thought he was mistaken to do so at first, until his reconciled wife admitted to me she recognized my emotions, and spoke to me as a friend. So I got on-board and welcomed her back to the 'fold' , albeit my wife also chastised me because they were very close. It's what you do as friends. So this story struck a note for me.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How did he get hurt outside the country if he is working for the FBI? 4 stars. Bit of let down from from first chapter. Thr rationalization that they were equally wrong was barely supported. Not saying they couldn't or shouldn't reconcile, but there is an elephant in the room and it would take a lot more work to get past. The six month, no contact separation helped.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A great story Kept me guessing I must be an old romantic because I really loved the ending (jaybee186)

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiverabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed the story.

I didn't see that ending as an option.

Well done!

Booboo12629Booboo1262920 days ago

Well done. I need a happy ending now and then.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Great story and loved the ending. Thanks for sharing it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userhapmarried@hapmarried
Ecstatically married straight guy.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Coincidences Series Info

SIMILAR Stories