All Comments on 'Cold Cases and Hot Nights'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
woodwardwoodwardabout 1 year ago

What a great story and twist. Thanks for the effort.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uabout 1 year ago

Damn, I love your stories, so well told with great characters. I come here to read erotica and I find that done well too. But around it there is always a tale to be told so when they make love (and that's the correct term in my opinion of your lovers) you know them as people. Personally that is way more erotic than the embellished "fuck" stories.

Thanks, Andy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thanks for such a terrific story and a great read. 5*+++.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 year ago

This was indeed a very well written story and the plot and the detective work seems to have been well researched and made sense. My only objection to this story was the author's apparent compulsion to include a highly unnecessary sex scene at the end. I thought it was somewhat off when the two split up after the case was solved, but the fact that she was writing the book made sense. I know this is Literotica and sexual fantasy is the name of the game, but this scene in the hotel room was so wrong for this story that I dropped what could have been a 5* to a 4*. The whole story has to fit together as a whole and just because you're writing for Literotica doesn't mean that you have to include gratuitous sex.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Really well-written, of course, but but but Chekov's gun? That would be Veronica "Sandy" Sandra Wilson, a hilarious 2000-word interlude (of a 16K-word story) that goes nowhere, never mind how much the reader keeps wondering where she fits. Still 5 stars because it's otherwise well plotted with a couple of engaging MCs and a happy ending, Please keep 'em coming, Ronde.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

I'm glad that you're posting after a long break. They all seem to be top-notch. I hope you continue!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another damn fine read. Love the research you do to tell the story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story was so engaging, I had forgotten about the lack of sex.

Take that as a compliment.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Superlative. Looks like I am going to have to go back and read more of this author. This is just a crackerjack of a story. Without doubt one of the best I have ever seen on this site. It was even just the right length. Brilliant.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

A well written, entertaining, mystery love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

you are a very good writer and the story has the feel of reality (within the fantasy), good characters and well paced plot. i am going to look at some of you previous stories. thank you for your work!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

this has the makings of a great series. recounting the tales of future or past cases, maybe even sharing the work together. they make an interesting pair. keep up the great work whatever you write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice story. Rochelle was clearly about 30 and there wasn't any indication I saw that he'd have been too much older than that, so I haven't figured out the choice of category.

98nstlthkbouit98nstlthkbouitabout 1 year ago

It kept you interested all the way through. Really enjoyed it.

J6480J6480about 1 year ago

Great tale, like it that you write a range of stories not just re-hash the same plot every time. Keep up the good work and don't stop this time around

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601about 1 year ago

A fairly well written murder mystery I suppose, though I knew Rochelle was the missing baby the moment she showed up. (Talk about Chekov’s gun!)

I stopped reading murder mysteries in middle school. They’re ridiculously simple to write, which explains how a hack like Christie could pen bajillions of them. Simply write the story backwards, and type it forwards. Child’s play.

No, my objection is the category. MATURE is about “May December lust and love” but both characters seem the same age, nor were they particularly “mature” being in their prime.

Oh, and never was a sex scene so blatantly obligatory. Isn’t there somewhere else you can post your MM stories? You didn’t have to add the sex to simply qualify here!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story, with a good mystery, some good twists, and a number of somewhat familiar scenarios and places (and I passed by the Walhalla exit on the interstate recently too). The cold case and the DNA immediately reminded me, in a way, of the Marcia Trimble case and how DNA finally helped solved that after so many years. Most of all, it was that even with cold cases, the police rarely give up trying. Looking forward to the next story (which was how I found this one).

WilCox49WilCox4912 months ago

This is a very good story. I want that to be understood, because I want to mention three issues, which are a lot less important than the overall writing.

The biggest one is that the coincidence of Rochelle being the missing baby is a little hard to swallow. The odds against it are phenomenal. ON THE OTHER HAND, really unlikely coincidences happen all the time; most of them just are never noticed. That's just what one would expect, in fact. I'm aware of a couple in my own life that aren't this unlikely, but are good reminders. Still, in this story, it feels a little like an outrageous _deus ex machina_.

The second one some other people have already brought up. The sex scene feels a LOT like it's pasted on only because this is, after all, Literotica and people will expect explicit sex.

The third one has also been mentioned by others. Why on EARTH is this in Mature? The ages are vague, but I don't see anything that points to a big age difference, and a couple of things that point to its being reasonably small. Again, this is Literotica, I suppose; a lot of stories in Mature seem to be by people who think an age difference of around ten years automatically belongs there. I would argue that this really belongs in Romance, though.

I hesitated a little to read this, because of the title. Having now read a few of your hard-boiled detective imitations, I was afraid this was just another of those. I'm very glad to have been wrong. Thank you for writing it.

FandeborisFandeboris5 months ago

The Richard and Rochelle Show have have kicked off to astounding reviews.

I've read another one and positively enjoyed it. Now I know how it all started.

00 this is going to be so much fun.

Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS