Collateral Ch. 23 - And Epilogue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Epilogue

A few years later

Jake checked his phone again and sighed.

"What is it?"

He turned to face his husband and smiled.

"Nothing, really," he pushed the phone away from him, on the desk.

Klaus leaned against the desk and watched him with an expression on his face that was telling him it was not a good idea to hide anything from the man.

"I know that there have been certain financial transactions from here to somewhere across the pond," Klaus spoke slowly.

"Well, I'm using my own money," Jake mumbled. "I would not steal from you."

Klaus shut him up with a short kiss.

"You know very well that you have the right to spend all my money, if you want, love."

"No. He's my brother, my responsibility."

"I respect that. But if you ever need my help ..."

"No way. He hates your guts. He barely talks to me."

"And? Did you manage to tell him that we have been married for years now?"

"I did. After that, he did not speak to me for a whole month. But now, ever since he got shot, and cannot do much, he seems more willing to talk and accept my help."

Klaus caressed his hair slowly.

"It feels wrong that I cannot do anything to help your brother. He is, after all, family."

Jake grabbed Klaus's hand and placed a small kiss inside his palm.

"I would not trust the two of you in the same room. You would be at each other's throats in no time."

"You underestimate my restraint."

Jake snorted.

"Maybe you could be civilized. But I doubt Diaz could. I do what I can for him. The rest is up to him alone. Are you ready to go to bed?"

"Yes."

"Then let's not talk of my brother anymore. All I want is right here, next to me."

THE END

*****

Author's note:

Thank you for reading! You've been very nice, leaving comments and encouraging me, and that truly means a lot. I hope the ending was to your liking, and that you stuck with Jake and Klaus until the end.

I will start publishing another story here soon and I hope you will enjoy it just as much. It is different from Collateral, so the only thing I think I'm asking is to start reading it with no expectations. Lol, that sounded a bit wrong, but you're all very smart people here, and I believe you know what I mean, even if I have troubles expressing my thoughts.

Now it's time for me to take a bow.

Thank you for being so lovely.

I wish you all the best,

Laura.

12