All Comments on 'Color Me Your Color'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One emotional rollercoaster

This story wrung me dry, emotionally. The description was incredible, and I don't ever remember being so moved by a story. This deserves 10 stars.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
9 Pages?

That didn't feel like 9 pages. The story grabs you and propels you along. The atmosphere, as in most GitM stories, refuses to let you go and keeps you reading.

The scene with the pimp was chilling because of how that particular scene was written, but also due to how invested the readers are in the characters now in peril.

Excellent job. I wish I had half your skill.

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago

One of your best, which means one of the best on this site.

AndyhmAndyhmover 5 years ago
Enjoyable and gut wrenching at the same time

This is as a powerful piece of yours I’ve read. The premise works although I’ve never lived in New York nor have I ever been in the situation Johanna was. My only criticism was I felt the character you were describing wouldn’t have tried the pimp option so quickly.

FirstwithUFirstwithUover 5 years ago
Another great read

GITM is at the top of her game 5* nice reimagining of the movie.

But wait what do I see, she"s walking back to me, ooh ooh pretty woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Needs a second chapter. Thoroughly enjoyed the story though. But the ending was abrupt.

jsmangisjsmangisover 5 years ago
An Enjoyable Erotic Love Story

I really enjoyed this story. I liked the way you wove the many different themes into it. Unlike on of the other commenters, I feel this story is complete and needs no more chapters.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
"Call a jack a jack. Call a spade a spade. But always call a whore a lady."- Patrick Rothfuss

In NO way is this comment meant to be absolute or definitive . I'm not a Romance genre fan and this tale was clearly tailored for that phylum. - , but immensely enjoy. GITM's body of work as whole - so here goes…

The story needed a bad guy far more then this space was alloted for cameo appearance of pimp. That character should have flashed the charm , then lowered the boom 💥 in terms of his bottom line / cut of the action. Someone from his soiled dove stable needed to get hurt , not the sweet little gay neighbor.

As a coherent story , this tried my patience. Yet it can't be denied there were double digit bravura scenes where dialogue ( reminded me of rat-a-tat patter from Dashiell Hammet's platinum " Thin Man " series , carnal description , sumptuous supporting characters smorgasbord made me marvel.

It also can't be denied that I often found the narrator superficial, but her core self respect made me hang in to the end and I really enjoyed the paternal face-off scene as story wound down to conclusion… daddy SHOULD have had to ante up to impoverished ex-wife ( Johanna's mother ) .

The bulk of story was originally published in Obama presidency, yet might be perversely more relevant now. The gulf between the haves and have-nots has rarely been wider and the prime parts of this story found a lot of traction in that longing .

Bottom line : there were clear cut flaws in this work . To be pro-worthy this potential and talent author needs ( and fully merits ) a pro editor . Yet only in troll living underneath a bridge 🌉 or in parents' basement would deny the full monty rating on amauter scale

Ergo the obvious score *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This moon girl visited Sherwood Forest last year.

Robin was very impressed, but Maid Marian not so much. This moon lady has a way with words, not to mention better cleavage then the best serving wench in Nottingham. She greatly improved morale in the gang with her brief visit. 5 *s and 😃👍 for this effort and for being such a great sport for the merry men!

AMerryman (Very Merry!)

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 5 years ago
Romantic To A Fault

Excellently and elegantly told story with the expected fairy tale ending. It is perfect for the genre'. Although I seldom fish in the Romance pond, I was willing to follow this author into it. Glad that I did.

chastenchastenover 5 years ago

I enjoyed the story although the ending felt rushed to me. Unlike other commenters, I don't think a second chapter would solve that; it would just be another tale because the reader would already be past the point that could have withstood a little more fleshing out. However, another chapter is a perfectly fine idea if you're in the mood for that.

I do have to agree with another commenter that the story needed the tension of a little more villain time. Thomas was in and out of the story too quickly. We didn't even have the final confrontation analogous to what we got with Phillip/Edward/Vivian in the movie. Not a big deal but worth thinking about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Super story by a super talent.

In spite of the carping by the amateur critics, this was a mature, well-rounded story with every word carefully considered and chosen for maximum impact. Five stars for this tour de fouce.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Heartwrentchingly and amazingly beautiful.

A wonder of words, finely tuned into an exquisite portrait. From misery to hope, Johanna's story had me tasting every word as a delicious morsel. The images and emotions evoked made me sad, angry, joyful, and finally, hopeful. What a wonderful story. Nothing less than full marks will do. Thank you, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You never fail to move me. Never.

You are a splendid and soulful storyteller. You write like a pro. I will always read your posts because you are so good. You craft meaningful tales about real people who we care for, because you do first.

Your stories are about the human condition and you have obviously observed much and probably felt much.

Please don't wait to give us the next helping!

R.

oshawoshawover 5 years ago

Great Great Story

Theakston58Theakston58over 5 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you for the time you obviously put into this. It was a delight to read.

Theakston

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
What a beautifully written romance!

You simply will not find a better writer than GirlintheMoon. The combination of technical skills, imagination, vocabulary, and choice of descriptive words and phrases she possesses is very rare, as in just one person. Wonderful writing and a great romance.

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Darn it

Darn it! I didn't want it to end yet. Five well deserved Stars for an wonderful read. Thank you so much for it. Hope there's a sequel down the road.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It was worth the wait

I loved the original. I cried when you took it down. And I am so happy that you finally finished the story.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 5 years ago
Wow

You yes you in my opinion, have written the script for Pretty Woman Remake, on a far better and even more intimate basis. A wonderful story. Maybe just maybe Tate will purpose,and maybe take over her fathers company,and looking back 40 odd years to found bitter sweet memories, she is a happy grandma. Sorry just me day dreaming.

A job well done.

NorthPacific

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved It!

I very rarely comment on stories but I had to here... I think this might be one of my new favorite works on this site. I loved every single character (even the side ones were so wonderfully fleshed out), the writing style pulled me in and didn't let go, and the sex was totally hot without detracting from the rest of the story. Thank you for sharing, and I'll definitely be checking out your other work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
THE BEST STORY I’VE READ ON THIS SITE

I loved the story, I find it to have a REAL PLOT, REAL CHARACTERS, REAL DEVELOPMENT AMAZIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG

adgeonadgeonover 5 years ago
Verrry nice!

Loved it. Thank you so much for finishing this story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

"You want revenge" - How is becoming a whore revenge on Tate?

Because one woman broke his heart he won't ever become serious with another woman?

Loved the ending, with the "fresh start"!

HDVictory1HDVictory1over 5 years ago
Sucker for a happy ending

Always look forward to GITM submissions. This one did not disappoint. No one else on this site makes you feel like this author. There are several I look forward to hearing from, but none better at getting to character vulnerabilities like GITM. Really kind of surprised she has not found another paying gig and left us behind.

The_Inked_LadyThe_Inked_Ladyover 5 years ago
Great story!

I love the story, but I feel like you rushed the ending. What was the problem she had with her dad?

KarensClit1990KarensClit1990over 5 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed your story

Very 🔥hot detailed sex scenes as well—thank you!

Kosova_guyKosova_guyover 4 years ago
Wow

Thank you. You have skillfully told an intricate, complicated, dangerous, and beautiful tale. Utterly superb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

A difficult, lovely story, well told.

I have one minor bone to pick, though. You have Tate living in an apartment on the thirteenth floor. By tradition, New York apartment buildings number the floors “11, 12, 14, 15”, skipping the number 13 because residents are loath to live on the “unlucky” 13th floor.

[There’s something similar in Japan and China, where some buildings don’t have fourth floors, as the number four sounds like the word for death. Where in the West plates and dishes are often sold in groups of four, in Asia they’re sold in groups of five.]

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
gave it a five...

but must admit to being seriously bugged by some grammar:

(From a previous story: 'Vincent angrily tore at the egg's yoke and nodded'. Perhaps it can still be fixed here.) in this story, 'first thing's first'.

hope those two are typos, rather than atrocious apostrophe misuse.

then, excessive use of unnecessary, superfluous 'ofs':

"get off OF me."

“corrupted all OF my childhood dreams”

'of' here doesn't add to the meaning. it's poor, ungrammatical english, unless author wants to express speakers manner of speech. this won't apply to the second example!

between or among - they don't mean the same:

'Roger and Tate talked amongst themselves'

it's 'between' if only two are involved.

the perennial pronoun problem with this author:

'something was forming between Tate and I' - this is a contraction of two sentences:

'something was forming between Tate' ,and

'something was forming between I' - it's obvious that the pronoun should be 'me', therefore 'something was forming between Tate and me'.

thanks!

PickFictionPickFictionalmost 4 years ago
I Waited

It's a retelling of Pretty Woman. I saw that . . . and I waited. I though it might be one of those stories that gets right there . . . then turns left and leaves us wishing. But no, very cleverly, it got to where it needed to go. Well written and beautifully crafted. Nora recommended you and she was right. Will certainly venture to more of your things over time.

NaiaTinkAbellaNaiaTinkAbellaover 3 years ago
PickFiction

I was recommended by Nora too ☺️

I loved this. It was perfect for my heart to feast on

SweboSweboover 3 years ago

I'm totally with you on "Pretty Woman" being utterly execrable and I really love what you've done here to show how and why that is. In short, there's nothing sexy about situations in which people are property. This is also just a great story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written and very likeable. Agree that the motivations, feelings, etc. of Johanna we well developed. Not sure about others thought.

Unfortunately, the story ended poorly with too many open conflicts left unresolved. Felt like it just fell off a cliff. What happened with Morgan? Why was the father so hated? Did Johanna succeed as an artist. Why did Dad despise Tate so much?

Would have given 5 * except for the sudden ending.

Falstaff60Falstaff6012 months ago

"Everyone fucks for money, one way or another."

Great opening line and true to a certain extent. I prefer to think of it as:

"Love is always transactional. It may not always be with money, but you always pay for it in one way or another. It may not sound romantic, but sacrifices...fees...always have to be paid. They're the price of admission to possible greatness."

Enjoyed the story and several of your other submissions.

joeoggijoeoggi6 months ago

Really good. Although you know how it’s going to end. Still very enjoyable!

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducahabout 8 hours ago

I thought this was a fine examination of the dynamics of relationships and their unpredictable shifting balances. The story arc progressed in a direction totally unexpected by me. I liked that.

I was expecting a much more cynical track. I was discouraged when Johanna considered working for the pimp Thomas and glad when you took her no closer to that tarpit; though it left me unsure as to the purpose of that plot point other than to further bring the character Tate to heel.

I enjoyed this story. It left me hopeful that almost anyone can rejoin humanity. It just takes the right connection; a pretty woman in deed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***

SIMILAR Stories