All Comments on 'Come in, Come in, My Roving Friend'

by LesbianChickLit

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

wow,now I felt certainly inlove. tnx. LesbianChickLit

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Stunning, felt every word & got so invested ❤ Not what I was expecting but I loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

thank you for another awesome and eagerly awaited story . please keep posting - youv'e got a huge fan with me .

LesbianChickLitLesbianChickLitover 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks and Sorry

To Anon in love, thank you. I'm glad you liked it. The story is loosely based on an old Tossers song that I couldn't get out of my head.

To Anon I offended, I'm sorry. Please let me know how this story is racist and I'll take it down and fix it. It certainly wasn't my intention to produce a hateful or bigoted story.

InPennyInPoundInPennyInPoundover 5 years ago
❤❤❤

Love love love love this story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A romantic story with a happy ending and room for more

This will of course be impossible to confirm, but I am a Vietnamese American and I think this might be one of if not the most "accurate" depictions of my life experiences as one, simply for how ordinary it is. My name is also Vietnamese and I like to have it printed and pronounced correctly. It's an important part of my identity that I want to have acknowledged and respected. But it's not my centerpiece either; I also have tastes and interests and wants and ambitions that also define who I am, and like any other person I'll highlight those things way more often because they're on my mind more often. (I'm not, however, a chef... That's my sister.) It's not hard to create a character with all the regular characteristics of a romantic protagonist and who isn't white, but for whatever reason it is rare. Phượng is a perfect diamond in this rough. It's also pretty uncommon in my reading of lesbian romances for neither of the protagonists to be a statuesque blond, but being part of that group doesn't necessarily make a bad story and it certainly doesn't make it racist or trash. This story is proof of that.

rml65rml65over 5 years ago
Loved it!

Comment below was uncalled for! Wonderful story loved it! Keep up the amazing job of writing the stories you share with us! Thank you!!.... Robin

BramblethornBramblethornover 5 years ago
Dawww.

This one made me smile. Good to see you back.

MaonaighMaonaighover 5 years ago
Racist? This story?

I've just finished this lovely little tale and I'm damned if I can see anything racist about it. But then, some people seem to go through life looking for something to take offence at. If this was racist, most of we writers wouldn't dare to use characters of a different ethnicity. This was gentle and heart-warming, a very pleasant read, a five-star read.

I have got one minor criticism. Try not to use obscure words, this isn't an academic paper. For instance: "...vellicating clitoris..." Why not just write: "...twitching (or throbbing) clitoris..." I doubt whether many readers will know the word 'vellicate'. But that apart, can't fault anything.

stroudlestroudleover 5 years ago
Top notch

What a beautiful story. This has got to be one of your best, I just loved it.

I am so pleased there was a happy ending, Im a sucker for them.

The pace was perfect, the sex was hot and I can not think of one single word that I didn't like.

Brilliantly written as ever with great characters that we could feel for and connected to.

Thank you

JC

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you

Always pleased to see a new story from you and this is one of your best. I'm glad you show respect for your readers for not dumbing down the vocabulary. I will admit to having to research at times, but it doesn't hinder the story and I get a chance to learn!

pjebpjebover 5 years ago
Nice read

Regardless of our personal wants or desires; when a story is well written (as this one is) the reader gets swept along with the characters in the story, we actually begin to feel a ghost of the emotions they project--like a mental "fist pump" when the story goes the way the reader wants it to go. The authors job is to to entice the reader to feel that the story is going in the direction they want, to parallel the authors choice of wording. I say WELL DONE.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 5 years ago

Wonderful story. I was so hoping they would be a real couple and not just friends with benefits. Is this a one off? I hope there's more of these two girls but if not then that's okay too. Five stars.

sihayasihayaover 5 years ago

this is so wonderful - it manages to be both sexy and romantic, a combination I usually find cheesy and unreadable. This, however, is a delight to read. Love your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Lesbianchiclit you dont know its racist to have her mom and dad do nails and laundry? 2 big Asian American stereotpyes. Is love you long time okay too? 1 star.

PS santoku knife is Japanese not Vietnamese.

mildmagpiemildmagpieover 5 years ago
Fabulous!

This story was just disgustingly sweet and romantic and I love it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

@Anon: Nobody ever said the santoku knife was Vietnamese, though? She wouldn't exactly be the first non-Japanese person to get a tattoo with Japanese elements.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great!

Definitely Liked this story. Very believable characters, and such a heartwarming ending. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ivy

Would be interesting to read the same story from Ivy.

candykinscandykinsover 5 years ago
Race

I really enjoyed this story. The author took me on an emotional journey. Love love love the characters. Oh wow, the part where she goes through the folder of photos labeled “Her” made me tear up, which is a little embarrassing because I am in a public restaurant.

I don’t understand any of the comments about race. I liked that the character was an immigrant. It adds another dimension to her character. There are subtle issues (some not so subtle) that affect a persons’ personality when they are different. Personally, since my father is from a different country, this is something I can relate to. I feel like I am just like everyone else and often forget that I look different, until I meet someone new and they react to me being different. What country are you from? Can you speak our language? Or they speak to me with a contrived accent. Eye roll.

As for the comment of Anonymous about race, I think he/she misread the whole part about the parent’s professions. The character was being sarcastic when she stated her parents’ occupations. She thought Ivy was being stereotypical when she asked if she worked in a family owned restaurant, so she replied sarcastically with 2 more made up stereotypical professions (that I presume are attributed to Vietnamese immigrants in the US, but I am only guessing since I don’t live in the US, so I am not too sure what those are). I am familiar with the “I love you long time” stereotype, which LesbianChickLit definitely did NOT portray. So what if one character is Asian, why 2 anonymous comments about being racist? Some people are just too quick to jump to negative conclusions.

FranceskaRFranceskaRover 5 years ago
Love it so much.!

You never fail to please and I admire that you are always changing your story subject and approach. Marvelous !

AlterLeogoAlterLeogoover 5 years ago
Brilliant

I was captivated from the first sentence. Not sure how the narrator calling out stereotypes facetiously in response to a question is racist, but I guess readers can take what they want out of any story. Anyhow, I second the commenter who is down for Ivy's POV. Now, I need to set aside the time to catch up on all of this author's work. If this piece is any indication, it's a travesty that I haven't read the others yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Beautifully done

Very romantic story with interesting characters. You always manage to combine sensual romance with fully realized characters and all,of it done in a short story format. Lovely work.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 5 years ago

I am chuckling. I love a happy ending - this is good, real good. Right now, I wanna be a kid at a dinner table, napkin around my neck, fork and knife fisted in each hand pounding on the table - More More More (of the story)

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 4 years ago
TIME FOR ANOTHER SHAMEFUL ADMISSION ..............

............. this is the first time I`ve read this story.

Sweet, simple and erotic.

So much wasted time just because they didn`t talk enough through fear of losing each other.

Great tale.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 4 years ago
PS

The inference that you were somehow racist is sadly more of a "sign of the times" than anything else IMO.

The faux outrage towards almost anything these days is really annoying.

My partner of 30 years looks possibly Spanish or Italian but has a half Pakistani heritage with a white Scottish mother.

As you can imagine, people making assumptions is nothing new to us, but when she speaks with a broad Glaswegian accent, the look on some peoples faces is priceless.

Theres always one moron in a crowd, but as Billy Connelly (Scots comedian) once said, "they are more to be pitied than scolded".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I fckin love this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Third time reading this story. Loved it just as much as the first two times, if not more. It's not a conventional romance by any means, but it's a beautifully romantic story. Thanks for writing and sharing it <3

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Im a sucker for love, good story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Such a good story. Tension set up just PERFECTLY. A multi-repeat read, for sure. Thanks!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLesbianChickLit@LesbianChickLit
Looking for beta readers for drafts of new Arete chapters (different narrator, not Taiglox) in revision. If you've time to read and lend a critical eye, please let me know?