All Comments on 'Comeuppance Pt. 03'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Jack's one tough cookie!

5

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed11 months ago

I am happy that the chapter’s got sorted out. The “mistaken” chapter 3 took a major leap forward that was to connect to chapter 2. This is still an enjoyable read frought with all kinds of human emotions and trials.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Definitely added context to the draft. 5*

TajfaTajfa11 months ago

I assume part 4 to come? Enjoying this one and writing is good. 4 stars

BigDee44BigDee4411 months ago

And until he can forgive April, and tell her so, she will languish. Needs to forgive Janice, too.

Forto02Forto0211 months ago

To "Tajfa" (and several other fellow commenters)

If you found a worthy story from a worthy author, you should never ever give him less than five stars. You should help those of us who have no time to read all stories.

You don't have to score every story you read, if you find such story to have some flaws but it's still good, just don't give any score.

Note, that is only if you liked the story or the plot.

Feel free to give 1 or 2 stars to those you find are "not good"

des911des91111 months ago

That fits better (I read the accidentally uploaded draft of Part 4 before this).

@BigDee44 hit the nail on the head - no forgiveness, no progress. For any of them.

Great story; well done and thank you

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat11 months ago

Forgiveness is overrated. You can move forward without forgiving, by accepting that life changes and you can’t do a damn thing about it and will never go back to “how it used to be”.

Sad … but reality often sucks.

Great read … Keep’em coming. All 5*!!!

Omart57Omart5711 months ago

Great story, Tex! I didn't even read the mis-uploaded one, looked at it and decided to wait and see. Keep em coming!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good followup, but too much short. Hope at least to see many short parts or a just a few but much longer. If this good well built action tale will finish in just 2-3 two pages new parts, it will be a waste and really disappointing. Also hope not to wait another 2-3 weeks for the next part.

Anyway, keep going, another 5* earned !

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thank you for keeping your story going! I’m hooked. How about chapter four tonight?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A repeat of chapter 2

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Please continue the story....like your style!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"I have no reason to live".....unless I can have my cake and my cuck, too.

The alleged "Texas" dialect is also beyond stupid.

XluckyleeXluckylee11 months ago

Looking forward to more,5 stars so far

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"It was the first time either had eaten at Fogo de Chão, and they were overwhelmed by the bounty brought to their table. It wasn't cheap, but it was good, and they were plenty full when they left."

Dang straight Skippy! Thanks a lot, now I have a hankering!

Martyr2002Martyr200211 months ago

Don’t RACC this story please. He deserves better

MartyMartiniMartyMartini11 months ago

Keeping the faith, that he won't take the old whore back.

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

"For a mere mortal, those actions were unforgiveable!" - hard to argue with that. So the question reader are left with, is he a God? Looking forward to see how you handle that challenge! 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

As long as Jack focuses on his goal of destroying those who tried to destroy him, he doesn't have to worry about resolving relationships. He sure shouldn't let outside circumstances change his mind about the conclusions he's come to about his slut wife and skank sister.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c111 months ago

Sb in sci fantasy category. Hard to follow and plot is silly

26thNC26thNC11 months ago

Great story! Old Jack really faces a dilemma in regards to his wife and sister. I’m looking forward to seeing how you handle this. Love it so far.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

@Forto02 - Please stop giving bad advice. If you read a story, give it an honest rating. Not rating a story or giving it an inflated rating that doesn't actually correspond to your enjoyment of the story is nothing less than fraud and harmful to readers looking for guidance on which stories to read.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ithas been a good read so far I hope there is more to come.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Loved it BUT I did not read the intro I thought my brains were scrambled (a bit more LOL) as I read the draught of 4 and could not make any sense of it Keep up the good work A great story (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I'll wait until the story is completed before I read anymore. Waiting for bits of a story like this is like slowly get a tooth pulled.

captpatrickcaptpatrick11 months ago

Your writing is very good. You create a situation which provokes strong emotions.

I always dislike protagonists who refuse to talk by either shutting off their phone and hiding or by talking over others and never listening. It just looks stupid. In this case I hate the protagonist Jack and Carl. Anyone who cannot offer compassion to someone who is a victim of human trafficking is a worthless POS, especially a relative like a sister or wife.

Maybe he could admit that there was really a good reason to fear that Janice’s captors really were that dangerous to home considering he, Alfred and Carl could have been killed by an organization which can muster 20 gangsters to attack him with RPG’s. Maybe the women had legitimate reason to fear.

Finally, for the pious, there is no forgiveness in heaven for those who cannot “forgive those who trespass against us.” Read the book Hosea about the relation of Hosea and Gomer.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

To much talk fo a Texan. They‘acting not philosophize and a cheating and cunning cunts are scum and traitors nothing else. No retreat, no surrender.

Captcha

Wavedave45Wavedave4511 months ago

Grandfather was diabetic. He loved eating crap and smoking. Bad food and smoking were bad for him and continuing consuming them would end up killing him. He already had lost a finger and foot so he knew diabetes meant business.

How those facts could be reconciled?

Well if you're my grandpa you'll just say fuck it and not stop eating crap and smoking. And proved the doctors wrong. He was in the hospital for something or other and needed oxygen while he was unconscious/out cold/under, no idea really the circumstances. Well the tube fell out and starved his brain of oxygen and ended up dying. I think it's a conspiracy to be quite honest because there wasn't much up there to kill off in the first place. So I haven't yet discounted the Clinton's yet.

HA! Well he would have laughed.

Anyways I've said it a million times. Love doesn't mean jack shit. We love something that's not good for us then it shouldn't be in our lives. Also, we hate things that are good for us. If I hate doing laundry doesn't mean I shouldn't do laundry. If I love cocaine that doesn't mean I should do cocaine.

Every way love can exist from love being an act and not a feeling to the mistaken love which is actually lust, it doesn't matter which one. It don't mean jack shit. You love your kid and would sacrifice yourself for them? Nope, love don't mean shit. You're not sacrificing yourself for your kid out of love but for the utilitarian reason of making sure your genes get to see tomorrow. You're old and they're young. If the kid were in and out of jail and a junkie not expected to last another year the parent would do a masterful job of tip toeing around the proposal of sacrificing themselves.

It all comes down to feelings vs actions. He has the feeling of loving the two women. And their actions were as follows. They threatened to kill our hero if the girls didn't comply. Our hero was thought to be killed. The girls didn't call or go to the funeral. The girls didn't try to get help now that the only thing that forced them to be whores was gone. They just kept having fun. Our hero loves them, except all that. How does he reconcile this?

Sure they used a massive carrot and massive stick until they became compliant. Lots of fun, drugs, and sex vs the beatings. But they didn't even call after they thought he had died. Remind me exactly what they were forced to do? Were they forced to forget that they cared about our hero? Or were they forced to be whores? Forcing them to forget they cared about him is stupid if they're trying to use his safety against them. No they were only forced to be compliant whores and couldn't even call. This was all on them. This wasn't the beatings or the drugs. It was the 2 women believing they had moved up in the world. They saw that their bodies and femininity had bought them a ticket out of the dregs of Texas and needing to work for a living. Now they rubbed elbows with the rich and powerful. They wore the finest clothes. Ate the finest foods. The most powerful men in the world were lusting for them. It really didn't matter that they were whores. Their basic female programing of wanting to be comfortable, sexually desired, and be with mates with the most power and resources, was satisfied. The basic female programing doesn't care if this is done through busting their asses to become a movie star or if it was done by them getting kidnapped. The end result was the same and they were happy.

And remember, the only reason they want forgiveness is because our hero destroyed their kidnappers thus putting an end to their fun. They never would have pull their own heads out of their asses. Go resurrect the bad guys and give them a choice. They'll return to being whores. They blew off the death of a brother and spouse for it. He's alive now and not in danger so why the hell wouldn't they?

Oh but we all know how this is going to end don't we? Our hero is going to end up forgiving his wife and sister that ditched him for the .000001% and blew off his funeral. And the wife our hero is going to get is going to be fucking maimed or disabled in some way. This is like keeping a dog that attacked you and developed a dietary requirement for fresh kangaroo meat that needs to be send from Australia every week. Because you love it. And thinking you're mature for opening your mind to it's point of view rather than taking it out back and blowing it's brains out so the animal can regain some dignity.

patilliepatillie9 months ago

this didnt move the narrative as much as I would have hoped.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Saw raac coming a mile away

Still undecided about it

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

@Forto02, yes, I give more fives than I used to. First, if a story rates a 4, it take three 5's to offset a 1 for the story to get to 4. Second, if a story rates a 4.5, a 4 drags it down.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

I could MAYBE, depending on how the story goes, see reconciling with his wife, but his sister is to blame for his wife falling into the trap, that's harder to forgive.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

It would seem that April's lack of a will to live is because of Jack, you'd think that his wanting to see her would help her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES