All Comments on 'Comforting my Ex'

by OnlyInMyMind

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcooksey3 months ago

David needs to go back to school - and enroll in a course on common sense. I’d point out that people aren’t really that self destructive, but, sadly, I’ve known more than a few. Like watching a fatal car crash after knowing it was going to happen. I want to feel sorry for David, but somehow I don’t think he deserves much sympathy. A bit depressing and sad, but well written. Thanks.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

He really did a great job of shooting himself in the foot!

5

LechemanLecheman3 months ago

Yup, not the sharpest tool in the box.

Baldy74Baldy743 months ago

Really didn't like this. You made him too stupid , pathetic even.

shopratshoprat3 months ago

Not your best. If your were going for humour because of his cluelessness, it could have been funny if it weren't quite so relentless. Sophie's done with him, so it isn't funny. I was expecting something a bit light hearted.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMind3 months agoAuthor

I'm not going to even try defend my literary credentials for this story because David is, in fact, an idiot. The story was actually prompted by a guy on social media asking for advice on how to convince his girlfriend that he hadn't screwed his ex on a trip with other couples. He was ridiculed mercilessly.

Honestly, if true, this one was even dumber than David but I concede that Davey boy needs a thinking-brain support animal to help him through life. My one plea for leniency is that I filed this under humor rather than Loving Wives exactly because of MC's lack of any sort of awareness.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi41043 months ago

This was very well done. Five stars.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker603 months ago

I feel sorry for the dumbass MC, he went along with his sisters little evil plans and his wife surely did not tell him her true feelings, just acted all passive/aggressive towards him. It would seem his marriage is done or in the shitter just circling the drain. Perhaps the next time he gets married he will be more faithful to his wife. This one seems to have already gotten her revenge sex and made other plans that do not include him. Too bad, so sad. He's got nobody else to blame but himself. Of course most wives would have communicated their feelings better, but that's not her style. So..

Divorce court, here we come!

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

"David, We do need to talk. About the divorce!" Interesting tale. thanks

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19553 months ago

An ending that wasn’t an ending. I hate when I’ve been Just Plain Bob’d. 1 star. Just a little more effort and it would have been a 4 star story.

LutiousLutious3 months ago

Wow, Sophie is toxic I hope the title is indicative of a part two where David divorces her. After all, she didn't follow her own rules and put them first, instead going out and heating on him.

skruff101skruff1013 months ago

A guy that stupid works around farm equipment and he still has all his limbs? That’s just taking fantasy too far.

If the author had mentioned that the school David attended was a special needs establishment then the story would have made a whole lot more sense.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor633 months ago

Great story. David has a mental defect and will be left alone.

KRD19254KRD192543 months ago

Where is Dave's mom & dad to coach him on married priorities? Where is mum to shut Ellie down? Nev dumping Ellie should trigger parental intervention.

\

Did Dave take the box of condoms? Or did he smartly leave the box on Sophie's dresser? As stupid as Dave is I bet he took the box with him to make water balloons or give out to friends.... Notice that Dave did not tell Sophie that Katie is moving out of country in a month. Is Dave now feeling out the game?

\

I see what Sophie was up too but she was also a defeatist for not telling Dave the obvious. Sophie wants no games but will play the game... I think Sophie's pride and small mindedness will push her into divorce for no real reason other then her perception and pride.

\

3.9**** hooyah, part 2 is needed, too many hanging unknowns

Karn9Karn93 months ago

What a duffis ! Great story 4*.

Part 2?

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell3 months ago

I would have rated this higher but I almost feel like the stool was yanked from beneath me wit such an abrupt and unsatisfied ending to this story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Kind of weird. They all behave like children/teenagers.

Rayjag1980Rayjag19803 months ago

This story was like meeting the woman of your dreams, getting her home, undressing her and finding she has the anatomy of a Barbie doll...exciting, then frustrating. Nice story, but really no ending leaving a dissatisfied taste in your mouth.

Is Sophia a hypocrite and committed adultery without evidence? Is the marriage salvageable? Again, the story left you unfulfilled.

DomindiDomindi3 months ago

What a dumbass husband Lool. Just get to the part where Sophie fucked another dude to get even.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker3 months ago

NO, Goddamit, that's not fair. You can't tell an excellent story like that and then not finish it. The idiot needs to fix this and pay the price. Finish the dam story!! The Bear and the rest of the civilized world demands it.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The author seems to have a weird idea of what "humor" means.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill693 months ago

Dumb ass husband!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

He was an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The story was good till you ignored the need for some closure. You created a male M/C who struggles to raise his intelligence number above room temp attire and then crapped on the last chapter. No way any person even a dolt could not see his sister ‘s disgusting plan…. Also Katie looked down on him for a reason…. Reference dolt. Sophie move on at the speed of light.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The husband was slow on the uptake, but he got screwed over by his sister, and looks like his wife is going to screw him over too. Good story, but as others have said, it needs to be finished.

parenthesisparenthesisabout 2 months ago

No. I like where you stopped.

Thanks I enjoyed this a lot.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 month ago

Really sorry yarn , loosing your marriage over cluelessness and a self-centered sister

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 month ago

Really a sad yarn, he looses his marriage over his own cluelessness and the self-centeredness of his sister

shadrachtshadracht16 days ago

Wow. Another unfinished story full of sorrow with no upside. Why is this in humor and satire? It has neither. 1*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOnlyInMyMind@OnlyInMyMind
Although I'm retired with a little time to spend writing for fun, I still have a busy life. A few readers have commented that some of my stories stop too abruptly. I'm genuinely sorry if that spoils your enjoyment, but I just don't always have the time to explore all the mot...

story TAGS