All Comments on 'Coming Home?'

by 6,227

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hard to get into anyone in this story. Everyone is superficial and vapid. You need to spend more time developing the characters so the reader cares about what happens to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very cute. Almost too cute. I really dont feel they addressed the big issue of the deceit and her uncertainty of children and not playing the field. He also takes her word that she had been faithful through their marriage including that evening.

He needs to move out and on.

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

You posted this tale under “Romance” — a perfect fit. True, his departure was necessary but also melodramatic. Not likely to happen in the real world, but, hey, not the real world. Nice writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Meg lied about wanting children, lied about going off her birth control, took drugs at the bar and did "something" with a guy who lusted after her since High School. Yet everything is Conner's fault? Why should he talk to her since she had a brief history of not being truthful. Also, what was up with the house? I was expecting to learn that he left Meg pregnant with twins and she now lived there after rehabbing the place. The progress toward forgiveness was not believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written, spelling issues non-existent, story development segues smoothly from one stage to another; although the climax and ending are logically appropriate to the actions leading up to those points, one is left with a feeling that there truly wasn't any tension as to what the final outcome would be. The precipitating event (Meg & Rob), while very believable as to setup, didn't seem traumatic enough to send the MC hibernating overseas incommunicado for three years. That he did so speaks more to HIS lack of maturity in dealing with marital problems responsibly and was probably fortunate in that it delayed his becoming a parent considerably, such that the demands of parenthood might be approached with more patience and maturity--a good thing for the kids as well as him.

A good story, both entertaining and with a positive message; not very erotic--but it wasn't meant to be.

Well done. Thanks and please keep writing.

MLJ

ThorlolThorlolover 1 year ago

Ah I dont know. Couldnt really enjoy the story. You really should give your main character more agency. All I have read is that he stupid and an asshole. Literally everyone was pressuring him and told him that he is wrong. And he just goes with it. It would be one thing if it were true but he had very very good reasons to take off. Lying about birth control is already pretty bad, either way. But her taking drugs with her friends while partying? Thats not a situation you just find yourself in, thats a decision. How everyone was okay with her lying about birtcontrol, taking drugs and almost fucking some random dude baffles me. Whats worse, everyone tells him that he should suck it up, it wasnt anything bad. That he was the bad guy for taking off. Like I said, a little bit more agency would have been nice.

TheCommenterTheCommenterover 1 year ago

What a but-hurt crybaby...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He should take another assignment overseas. Nothing has been resolved between them. Sounds like he still wants the house, the kids and the white picket fence. She sounds like she's had enough of kids just from teaching. Who will she fuck when he brings his desires up to her again? Just leave it at being fiends and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, well written. Somehow feels like it needs more. Like it's unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What part of Meg's story will Connor believe? The part about wanting him back? Most likely. The story of the infamous night's events? Well, she's had 3 years to figure out just how she wants to to tell that tale. Since he already knows she's very capable of deceiving him it probably won't fly. Not necessarily because she's telling him a lie, but because he knows she lied to him before and when trust is gone all talk becomes hollow. Action plan Connor: Show Meg a fun time and then take up Matt's Brazil offer. Connor studied how to tango in Argentina; its now time to school up on Brazilian waxing. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, the ending was pretty certain at the beginning, but I enjoyed the ride. It’s a wonder that marriages between really young couples ever survive.

Turning502019Turning502019over 1 year ago

Ending felt incomplete 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very bittersweet awakening for the MC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, Stopping taking Birth Control pills 5 months earlier, only NOT stopping taking them, robbing him of the chance or being a father and not being honost with him about it? Why, Selfish, sure but more likely she was seeing someone else as well. A turd dipped in Honey is still a turd. Also, why was everyone sticking their nose in his life? I understand a little concern but what they were doing was bombarding him with their prying. He SHOULD have gone Nuclear, even so far as to smack his Dad when his dad said that his prodding and prying was all him and not his mother. I guess this story is just another example of hanging the horns and how guys should just let their self respect get taken from them. The grammer and context was good and the words made perfect sence so in that aspect it was well written but the story, no, 1 out of 5 because of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why mention the old house and kids' toys unless you tricked into thinking Meg had his baby?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The stereotypical blue-pilled man.

Nothing is her fault. Everything is his fault.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

“You're not going to get over her until you deal with things and forgive her even if you don't get back together.”

Living a happy and full life, not being consumed by bitterness or revenge and living with enough joy and positive relationships to feel “good” - these things should not hinge on the attainment of one valiant act of forgiveness. You can be happy and you can carry on with life without forgiving those who have hurt you. In fact, that heartbreak and anger can be used as a catalyst to drive you to do more good in life for yourself and others. The ability to have the life we want, at the level of positivity we desire, despite our past hurts, is a goal worthy of itself.

Forcing the concept of forgiveness upon a person who’s been hurt and abused is just another form of gaslighting. There are many paths to healing and moving on. The forgiveness culture implies that betrayers and abusers can expect to be forgiven — they can hurt and harm and rage — and should their targets decline to forgive, they can rest smug in the assurance that the refusal reflects a flaw in their victims, not in themselves. In a culture that stigmatizes those who refuse to forgive, the added stress can lead to poorer health and slower recovery. Those of us who choose not to forgive would be much happier and healthier if we were not told we were simply not ready, or were hurting ourselves by making such a choice.

Pseudo-spirituality has made forgiveness a marker of personal virtue. If you perceive an assault on yourself and your body as too wrong to forgive, then the forgiveness culture perceives you are being small-minded and lacking in virtue. This attitude ignores that the choice not to forgive can come from a place of strength. It can represent a legitimate response to an offender’s bad, hurtful actions and place in society.

FeltfixerFeltfixerover 1 year ago

Well written and interesting story but why would he take

her tale of the events at face value.

She already lied about the pills. Untrustworthy at best

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

NO, he doesn't have to talk to her. She easily lied and deceived him for how long?? He couldn't trust her no further than he could throw her. Cut your losses and move on is exactly what he needed to do.

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 1 year ago

Not finished!!! Will be mire thsn happy to add the final chapter.

DOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Boring as s__t. Nothing happened. And if they get back to together, it must be another fantasy world.

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

The details of what they talked about in their night time stroll would have sold the reconciliation a bit better

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Handy work ok plot a little old (why is it always a runner?) But what is wrong with you to always hit at married women? Is where gentlemen in America? What do you think you are? Better? Bigger? Richer?

OK , the end stick a little rushed maybe a secound chapter is nesessary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

1/2 to 2/3 thirds of a story. Maybe you can finish it? Not leave us hanging? Whaddya say?

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

After "the incident" and his subsequent run to Argentina the plot was all laid out and it just required the words to appear on paper (so to speak). No mystery and what they talked about all night before the wedding wasn't of interest or material so who needs yet another dull page. If there is anything to get out of this tale is what our hero told Shelly at the wedding: you have to talk things through before you make life-changing decisions. For Connor to just pack up and walk without a thorough discussion after over a decade of friendship is just plain stupid and why Meg even wanted him back is beyond me. She managed to get rid of a loser and she should count herself lucky and move on. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with the comment that there is 2/3 of a story. I would like to see a finishing chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Meg’s story of what happened with Rob didn’t mention that her skirt and shoes were off. That’s a little more than him getting his hands inside her blouse.

On the other hand, Connor is pretty clueless throughout.

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019over 1 year ago

He is a real loser and I gave up halfway through page 2.

juanviejojuanviejoover 1 year ago

It was a good story...CINCO ESTRELLAS.

DevonadrianDevonadrianover 1 year ago

Failure, the runaway groom strikes again. 2 * for generally literacy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WELL, I ONLY GAVE IT 4 STARS AND AFTER I DID I REALIZED IT WAS A 5. (CAUSE TEARS CAME AT THE END)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The main character acts like he is 9 years old, rather than 29 and he puts up with both of his parents treating him the same way. Not badly written but interminable and overly long. I like long stories when there is a reason for their length, but this one was just a repetition of the same old thing over and over.

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

I call BS. I was drugged but he only touched my boobs and I lied about taking my birth control. What is wrong with some authors to contrive such a poorly thought out plot. To have him the MC apologize for not listening before and running away is fine but to come home after 3 years and so quickly take her back is so wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Went back and forth on it. Both parents would have been explaining why yhey took a cheater over me. Probably cheating before wiith the birth control thing ( wrong color hair when the babies born) What I'm saying is I liked the writing but the story has holes . Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dam. Some people have as skanky of comments as the skanky wife was. My sister would have been yelling " get away from my brother you skanky whore". Liked in general but some parts hard for me to put into my reality

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good christ almighty. Does everyone posting here believe men exist solely to pander to and obey the diktats of evil women??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
The ending was obvious right from the start.

On the one hand, dude just went off half cocked. I mean, she could have been drugged and raped or something. How do you divorce a woman, after being together all your life, if you don't even have all the facts? Fucking moron, really.

On the other hand, do you want a wife that goes out doing drugs and bringing home strange?

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Nice and well done.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just because it’s a romance does not mean it has to be stupid… infact all actions by the MC bordered on stupid!

And page 2 and 3 and half of four were infact not even required…

So meh!! Pathy as well as unimaginative shit!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why believe her? It may not have been as she said nor was it the first time. Good thing he left and divorced. Now as for being FWB? Maybe, but wear a condom. Then go abroad for work again and settle down later in life.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 1 year ago

Long story, but a short story line

Pages of nothing happening no drama

Chilleywilley

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Almost every action by almost every character was objectively a fuckup

jocko_smithjocko_smithabout 1 year ago

Placed way too much burden on the MC. Wife LIED about the birth control. That's a far bigger deal than simply saying "no kids yet." The former action is trust-destroying. Especially since it could also have meant she was getting some strange and didn't want to wind up with the other man's child.

So when SHE TOOK X and then GOT FREAKY WITH ANOTHER MAN, the MC's beliefs were not only credible, they were the most probable answer. He didn't beat her up, he just walked away.

Were I him, I would not have beat myself up over it. IN RESTROSPECT, it might not have been the best answer, but it was a fine one. And hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. Judging your actions then by what you known NOW is the stupid part.

nestorb30nestorb30about 1 year ago

Look, not saying Meg is lying but then again, why does he automatically believe Meg's explanation of events? Finally why does he put up with all the shit from family and friends. Seems they are all more concerned about Meg than they are about him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

i agree with: Meg lied about wanting children, lied about going off her birth control, took drugs at the bar and did "something" with a guy who lusted after her since High School. Yet everything is Conner's fault? Why should he talk to her since she had a brief history of not being truthful. Also, what was up with the house? I was expecting to learn that he left Meg pregnant with twins and she now lived there after rehabbing the place. The progress toward forgiveness was not believable.

Absurd, once again blaming the straight male victim >>> man hating modern USA is shit >> no one on his side, and i would kull those parents >>> as a man he left >> as a bitch you write him back in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Agree with nestorb30.

The fake arranged "date" with the gay colleague was unforgivable. When the hatefully cunt starting laughing he should have taken the next flight to Brazil, never to talk to her or any of the family members again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

jocko_smith and some commenters after him believe that "judging your actions then by what you known NOW is the stupid part." I say that their "belief" is way beyond stupid - it is mistaken! The reason why one must always react in a balanced way is because nobody ever has sufficient information to assess ongoing events. Rash actions are ALWAYS mistaken and may bring rash reactions with often tragic results... Ideas like jocko-smith's is why history repeats itself and brutes "who live by the sword" (or gun) die by the sword (or gun) ... Sorry to say but the male MC is the epitome of immaturity and the worst that could happen to the female MC is to take him back without ensuring that he learned his lesson... Anyhow, if the author wants them to reconcile, who are we to say nay...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice story, but I think the other guy did fuck her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Still don't see how he simply takes her word after all this time. She tells him that all they did was kiss and he just believes her, even with her previous lies. She never explained why she was half naked, you don't need to take your skirt off to french kiss and have your nipples tweaked. Never mind her casually taking MDMA hours before he was going to be home. He regularly gets home at 9pm and she takes Ecstasy when she knows he won't be around to take advantage of her heightened arousal. Too many holes in her story and yet he just <shrugs> and believes her.

vanyevanyeabout 1 year ago

@Mrfriendly818 - it's obvious Rob was trying to take her clothes off to fuck. She didn't take them off, he did.

MC was quite immature, just leaving the country without even talking to her. That was quite stupid. Not listening to any of the messages was also stupid, but it's a common trope in these stories, as is the "everyone knows what went on but won't tell him anything" schtick. Family was a bunch of busybodies, too, and the sister manipulating him just pisses me right off. However, Meg was quite a bit at fault, not telling him how she felt about the pregnancy, taking drugs while out with friends, things like that.

Also, Mr. Author - you skipped a whole bunch of development with "we talked about things we should have talked about long ago.". Might have been worth reading.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer11 months ago

All in all, MC was a stupid shit who got damn lucky if he finally got Meg to the alter.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Whats to say she is lying about what really happened with Rob? She lied about the birth pills.

B3ndoverB3ndover11 months ago

That was a VERY good story. I hope you keep writing

SatyrDickSatyrDick9 months ago

[01.09.23]

Did I miss the explanation about why there were birth control pills after she 'discontinued' taking them????

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

Wow! Beautifully-written, engaging story grabbed me emotionally. I have as many unanswered questions as the MC does. It's definitely romantic that they get back together, but I wouldn't want to be seeing my wife's lovers all over town. as happens in small towns. She was on birth control, she lied about it, She took X, she accepted the ride, she kissed him back and who knows what else, she had her skirt off, she was busted! What's to prevent that ever happening again? And what has she been up to in the meantime, esp. with her lover? Jesus, man, have you ever seen Brazilian women?!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Disappointing

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nothing new, just another one of those wimpy husband who can't move on even after three years, can't even make a decision for himself, letting his family walk all over him, making decisions on his behalf, talking him into trying to reconcile with the ex, which is always worst, why do some author's like this? Give the mc some spine and character, well as I said nothing new, just a slut wife blaming it on the drugs and the mc for wanting to have kids and the mc just accepted that, his reason was that she didn't have sex wow just wow, what about all the lying? Sure he was partly to blame because he just left without listening, I hate this type of stories where the wimpy husband family took side's of the wife and the mc just goes along with it like wtf? The way you portray as the wife didn't have sex it seems all was good? She literally lied ,cheated, flirted, allowed other man to feel her up is that okay for you? This literally shows how much you value a marriage. Can they be friends yes but that's all. Trust was literally broken, author if you have a wife I'm seriously worried for you

WargamerWargamerabout 2 months ago

Blaming her actions on the drug. The drug might make you horny BUT it doesn’t make you cheat. That’s a choice all of your own. She cheated, pur and simple, she knows it but dissembles about it.

Take her back, NOO!!!!!

What the hell was taking drugs for anyway???

That was never explained.

doctrptdoctrptabout 2 months ago

Why does it never occur to these writers that you walk away, not run away. And, sometimes you do it because if you don't get away from the cheating woman, you'll do something worse? Sometimes, walking away saves you from an assault charge. No, no...you're a coward to these asshole apologists. And parents and siblings who choose a cheat spouse over their own child need to be eliminated from your life.

PBD2022PBD2022about 1 month ago

Even if she took the drugs she denied him more. At first the communication she did not share her fear of having children. (Where is that fear now?) Then comes the deceptive pill taking. She denied him one of the biological need of human and that is to spring offsprings without his permission. Lastly, the incident is it because of the drug or she came up with the stories? She seems to know the consequences of the action while under the influence. What was the evidence that drug was taken why police wasn't called? Is it because it was time for his return that is why she stopped him? You see there is a belief that you cheat shed some crocodile tears show family members some heartache and the family members will force the victim to reconcile. Why wouldn't the actions of the husband until the period of reconciliation be called tiff?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user6227@6227
Because I've been asked.... 6227 is my work extension!

SIMILAR Stories