All Comments on 'Coming Home to Master 11'

by MLaviolette

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lack of consistency in name calling

Obviously living BDSM 24/7 is completely different than just doing scenes even so Gabriel comes across as unlikeable because of how he treats Bella, he appears to be continually cycling through the list of derogatory names he uses for her barely repeating the same ’pet name’ twice. I have a theory that sub-missives are susceptible to a more pronounced level of low self esteem. Learned behaviours and beliefs are reinforced with repetition, call someone a slut, whore, pig, cunt often enough and they’ll believe it. This is why the verbal humiliation is effective in a scene it goes directly against societal norms and it gives the naughty feeling of being taboo. Using those names 24/7 will lessen the playful impact, worse still by setting her up to be used on the plane he’s reinforced the opinion that yes she is a whore.

If your Dom calls you “his perfect slut” during a scene it creates a sexual thrill and a bond, so perhaps you were trying to get that across in your writing? As it stands at present it’s making Gabriel come across a heartless bastard, it stands out as being abnormal because his physical actions suggests that he cares for her physical wellbeing.

If you go back over the comments at some point hopefully this helps.

Regards Tess (UK)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous