Common-law Wife

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The buffet was now opened. I had a chance to talk with Kim. But she was on the other side of the room talking with Jim Davis. I looked for Ann. And rescued her from the woman and walked her over to her husband. Kim and I walked away.

Ann was giving Jim some earaches for leaving her alone for most of the night. I had guessed. Then it was back to the second half of dancing. It was the same. Kim was with Jim Davis every time I looked at him. The night had finished, and our taxi drive home was quiet. I should have known that night something was wrong. I like most men had been blind-sided.

Two nights later we were at Kim's party. There was about forty people there. Once again Male and female employees with their wives or husbands. Also, who had been invited. Were the five people from the satellite company. Kim knew their names and her boss also knew all them.

But it was down to Kim to do the introductions that night. I was at Kim's side. As she escorted me to four of them. From the satellite company. Introducing them to the rest of the people. About halfway through all the introductions. Kim was emphasising one of the men. More than the other one. I had assumed he was the boss of the satellite company.

At last, the announcement came. Please be seated, dinner is ready to be served. I sat three seats away from Kim. I was talking to the women on either side of me. I looked at Kim, and she was talking to the men on either side of her.

I was having a boring time with the two women. I was sitting next too. So, I started to look around looking at the other tables. I was looking at the woman who had arrived at the last minute. She was with her husband. My eyes practically popped out of my head.

The dinner was over I walked over to my Kim. Then she introduced me to the woman who had arrived late. Her name was Helen Watkins. Her husband's name was Jack. She was the spit of my poor dead wife Amanda. I coughed and spluttered. I did not know what to say. Kim started of the conversation. I stared at Jack's wife Helen.

Kim brought me back to the present. That was when Kim told Helen. That she had a look like my dead wife and her best friend. Then we moved on, Kim and I had to leave the room. So, I could get over the shock. We spoke and Kim realised. That I was still in love with my poor dead wife Amanda.

For the rest of the night, Kim danced and I danced. Somehow Helen with her husband's Jack our paths kept on crossing with each other. So, we talked. There was that something between Helen and I.

+ + + +

Between Christmas and New Year. I enjoyed a bit of a rest. Kim was going out every other night with her friends she told me? I had plenty to do. Preparing for my new appointment I was busy.

When Kim came home from seeing her friends. She was sometimes in another world of her own. I was going to find out in the new year as too why? From time to time my thoughts went elsewhere. I was thinking about Helen. She was married so I put the thoughts out of my mind.

New year was here. Then it was back at work, I was now the Director of Engineering. I still had my own PA. She knew the ropes and ninety-nine per cent of the people that would be taking too. I had been back at work for only two weeks.

My PA said to me," Mr. Edwards there is Lady on the telephone, her name is Helen Watkins and she would like to speak to you."

I smiled to myself.

"Please put her through," I said to my PA.

"Mrs. Watkins how can I help you? I assume you have a problem that needs my attention?" I said loud enough for my PA to think it was an engineering problem.

She knew me too well. And the telephone conversation went like this.

"Mr. Edwards can we meet for lunch today. I have a problem, and you also might have a problem?" Helen Watkins said to me.

I sat there holding the phone. Wondering what she was talking about. So, I agreed to have lunch with her that day at twelve-thirty. I told my PA. I may be a little late. If any calls come in for me, please tell them. I will return their calls as soon as I return to the office.

My PA said to me," Mr. Edwards, its Tuesday, and you have a director's meeting at five."

+ + + +

I was in the restaurant before Mrs. Helen Watkins! When she came in and removed her coat. Most of the men's eyes focused on her. She was all that woman. That I could remember from last year.

She stood in front of me. I held out my hand, we shook hands and smiled at each other then. I helped her to sit down. I was marvelling at her body. But she was married to Jack. Even if she was single, she was off limits to me. I too also was married.

"Mr. Edwards thank you for having lunch with me today, at such short notice," she said to me.

"Mrs. Watkins please call me Daniel. Because it sounds, we are in a company meeting."

"Thank you, Daniel, please call me Helen."

The waiter arrived at that point with the menu. Handing one of them to each of us. I knew what I was having, so I put down the menu that I was holding. Helen looked at me.

"Daniel you are not looking at the menu."

"I am having the Salmon with the side salad. I eat light at lunch time. Please order what you fancy the treat on me," I said to Helen.

"Then I will have the same then please. May I order a small bottle of wine for the pair of us," Helen said smiling at me.

"Helen please do, but I only drink water or pop."

While we were eating our way through lunch. Helen told me a good deal about herself. And she also knew quiet a lot about me and Kim.

"Helen now lunch is over. Can you please tell me about the problem you have? You also told me. That I may have a problem?" I said to her.

Now Helen was taking long deep breaths before she dared to speak to me.

"Mr. Edwards, sorry Daniel, I will deal with what. I believe is a marriage problem for you first!"

"Helen what do you mean? By a marriage problem for me? Because I am a happily married man."

Helen picked up her glass of wine and drank some of it. Then she was taking a long deep breath.

"Daniel the other two girls where I work. Have seen your wife, Kim. Going in and out of the hotel that faces our offices. She stays there for two hours and comes out with a man. They kiss and cuddle in the car park. We are one hundred per cent certain. That she has been having an affair between Christmas and New Year and to date."

I looked at Helen.

"You know we work in the satellite company that your wife works for. She is there three times a week Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons. The girls are not mistaken. I can assure you of that. Because they see her after she has been in the hotel and talks to them."

I was speechless at what Helen had told me. I poured out a drop of wine and drank it. I did not like the taste of the wine. Because I only drink either pop or water. Now I knew why Kim was having a lot of headaches and early nights.

She was having an affair? But who with? No, it was not an affair. She was cheating on me for over four and a half weeks.

But two days before we got married. We both had made a solum oath to each other not to cheat on each other. I was so angry, squeezing the wine glass so hard and breaking it.

"Daniel, Daniel are you all right," Helen was calling out to me.

I put the broken glass down. Looked at this gorgeous woman sitting right in front of me. I began to focus and shook my head.

"Yes Helen, I am all right. I had a big shock. Would you like another drink?" I said to her.

"Gin and tonic please."

"Waiter could you please get a Gin and tonic for the lady. And a lemonade for me."

While I was waiting, I gather my thoughts. But my head was spinning, but I was still able to think about what I had to do.

"Helen, I have a lot to think about. Can you please tell me what is your problem is?"

I was surprised at that moment; Helen's hands went across the table. She wanted to take hold both my hands. She grabbed hold of both my hands and was looking deep into my eyes. There was that something. That had been growing between the pair of us all through lunch.

"Daniel its Tuesday, can we meet on Thursday. You need some time to think about what I have told you. This Thursday I will tell you, all about my problems. Please will you meet for lunch on Thursday?"

I had no problem in meeting with Helen. I was going to see this woman once again. She had a problem and now. I had a bigger problem. How to save MY MARRIAGE or NOT. It was getting late. Helen stood up and kissed me on the cheek.

It was not one of those pecks; It was more like a kiss on the lips. I returned the kiss on her cheek but somehow, I was holding her waist at the same time. And one almighty twitch was in my pants. Thank god we were in an enclosed booth.

"Until Thursday," we both said to each other.

As Helen left, I watched her walk out the door, she was one hell of a woman. Jack was one lucky man to have her all to himself. I paid the bill and booked a table for Thursday before leaving. Then I went back to work. All the way there I was thinking. Kim is cheating on me? Whom is she screwing? I was going to find out tomorrow. If it is true, I want solid proof before the axe was going to fall down on Kim.

That night my digital camera went on the charge with a new clean stick in it. I never said a word to Kim, but she had a headache. That came as no surprise to me.

On Wednesday I told my PA the usual things. I was going for a long lunch. I did that from time to time to get my head around some problems at work. She also knew we had a few problems at that time. I drove to the hotel in one of the other company cars.

Armed with my camera. I was waiting for Kim to turn up. Click, click went the camera as she was getting out of her car. Then I got a shot of her looking in my direction. Then she walked into the hotel as though she was in a hurry. Minute later a car pulled up next to Kim's car. A man got out Click, click went the camera. All I got was a photo of his back then he went into the hotel.

While I was waiting. For the cheats to come out. I telephone the private detective that the company had used before. Asking him if could he come to the hotel right away. Which he did.

While we waited. I told the PD. I needed to know if Kim was cheating on me. I wanted proof if she was cheating on me. I wanted photographs and recordings. As we sat there, we talked about the company. Then he congratulated me on becoming Director of Engineering.

At last, Kim came out two hours later. Click, click went the camera. I had the pair of them in full clear view, it was as clear as day for anyone to see. I told the private detective the woman was my wife, Kim.

The private detective then said to me," do you know who the man is?"

"Yes, I do, his name is Jim Davis, and he works for me in the company."

Then at the side of their cars, they were in a lover's embrace and kissed long and hard. Click, click went the camera. I was biting my lips and gripping my teeth and was angry as hell, to say the least.

"What, do you want me to do now?" The private detective said.

"Get all the proof I will need for a divorce. Over the next few weeks. They will be here on Friday. At the same time. They also come here on Mondays," I said to him.

The private detective got out of the car heading for the hotel door. He was on my case.

That night I decided to try and have sex with Kim. Surprisingly she was dog-tired and had to go to bed early. I knew the reason. All I could do now. WAS WAIT.

+ + + +

Thursday lunchtime. It could not come fast enough for me. I wanted to know what Helen wished to tell me. As she walked in, I watch her with every step she made. I loved this woman. With every passing second. I helped her to sit down in our booth then my eyes never left hers.

The waiter came over. I ordered a bottle of wine for Helen and pop for myself. Helen ordered fish with a side salad. I had the same. All through lunch my eyes were looking deep into her eyes. God this was one hell of a woman sitting right in front of me.

After lunch was over.

"Helen, I want to thank you for telling me about Kim. I have hired a private detective to get all the proof I need. If she is cheating on me. Then I will be divorcing her as soon as possible. Now tell me what is your problem?"

Helen sipped at her wine. Looking into both my eyes.

"Daniel its two things. The first one is. I am not married to Jack. It is what you call a marriage of conveyance or you could say. I am his common-law wife. Yes, we do have sex, but it is not the type of sex that loving married couples have. Ours is to relive our sexual needs that is all it is to us. I have never loved Jack nor does he love me. I hope you understand that, Daniel."

Helen had a sip of her wine.

"Daniel when Kim has been in our office. She says she is not in love with you any more. She is still in love with a man called Edward. She tells us about their love. She also knows you are still in love with your or dead wife Amanda. Who looks a lot like me. I am sorry, Daniel. But I have found the man I want to marry. The problem is he is already married. I am sorry, but you need to know that."

Helen carried on.

"Daniel ever since last year. All I can do is think about him. What should I do?" Helen said with tears coming in her eyes.

"Helen, you should do two things. Tell the man you want to marry him. And leave Jack since you are not married."

"Daniel, I have already found a place to live. I am leaving Jack. But the man I love is YOU. BUT YOU ARE MARRIED TO KIM."

I looked a Helen. She wanted me. God only knows I wanted her.

"Daniel we may be different but true love comes in all sorts of different ways. Daniel, I love you. God, I want you to make long passionate love to me right here and now."

With that, Helen stood up and ran out the door. I sat there with my mouth wide open. I was dumbstruck.

That night it was the same old story. Kim with a headache. But the truth was soon coming thick and fast.

Friday came and went. Kim went out on her normal girls shopping trip on Saturday. I did the garden and was washing the car. I was casting my mind back to before Christmas and the time leading up to New year. She always had come home with small shopping bags.

I left the cleaning of the car. Heading straight to our bedroom. I looked in all her wardrobes. Could not find anything out of the ordinary. Pulled out a small overnight case looking inside nothing was inside. The last place to look in were her underwear drawers. That was when I got a surprise. The bottom one was full of sexy bras and knickers that I had never seen before. So, I put them all back.

I started to think. About the time before Christmas and time leading up to New Year. Kim had been out shopping for those sexy bras and knickers. Coming home with those small shopping bags heading straight to our bedroom to hind them. As they weren't for me to see on her Venus shaped body. They were for her lover. Then who the hell is he?

Then I remembered. Kim had been going out every other night. With her friends she told me?

When she came home from her friends. She was in another world. Now I knew she was cheating on me. But I had to wait for the proof I needed. Sunday, she wanted me. So, I had a headache. Two can play at that game. It was the same old story for the rest of the week.

Thursday morning at work dead at nine am. My private detective was in the outer office. Asking my PA for a quick meeting with me. I saw him so I asked him to come in. He walked in the office carrying his briefcase. Shutting the door behind him. I knew she was cheating on me before he spoke.

"Mr Edwards, I have all the proof you need. From last Friday, Monday and yesterday. Do you want me to get any more proof tomorrow?" He said to me.

Then he was reaching into his briefcase. And he was pulling out large envelopes. Followed by smaller ones. There was four of each.

"Still photographs are in the large envelope. In the smaller ones are DVD recordings. Do you wish for me to get you any more proof. On what is going to happen tomorrow?" He said.

I looked down at my desk there was all the proof I needed.

"No thank you very much please send me your bill," I said to him.

Then he left. The meeting lasted all five minutes.

I picked up the phone to dial my lawyer's number. I asked to speak with my lawyer. I needed an urgent meeting with him. I finished what I was doing. And heading out of the office. I t was just past nine thirty in the morning. I left saying to my PA. I will be back later. Taking the eight envelopes with me. I was heading to my lawyer's office. Once I was there. I handed over the two envelopes with the proof she was cheating on me.

I asked for divorce papers to be completed. Then I asked for them to be served on Kim at her workplace dead on eleven o'clock on Monday morning. I also had cited. Jim Davis in the fore coming divorce case. He was going to get his letter at eleven o'clock on the same day at work.

My lawyer told me to cancel the joint accounts. Move half the money from our savings account. Into my private account. I was saving up for our foredooming children's education. Thank god we had none. I also cancelled my last will and statement there and then. Which everything was going to be left to Kim.

I called in at my bank before ten thirty. Opened a new account in my name only. The house and utilities were in Kim's name. So, I was the one having to find new place to live.

I left and went into an office that rented flats. I viewed two of them. And agreed on the second one. Then I went back to work. Going into HR, I gave them my new bank account number for my salary be paid into.

While I was there, I asked for Jim Davis's home address. Telling HR. That I had to return a few things to him over the weekend.

With Jim Davis's home address. One large envelope with one small envelope. I addressed them to Mrs Ann Davis. Marking it with. Only to be opened by the name on the front of the envelope. I mailed it later that day.

I picked up the phone and I rang Kim at work. I told her. I had to go away on business tonight. And I would not be back until Sunday night. Then I told my PA I would not be in on Friday because some urgent family business had popped up.

I left the heading for where Helen worked. I asked Helen if could she have late lunch right now. The other two girls in the office had recognised me. With that, we left for lunch. Over lunch, I told Helen what I was doing. She looked at me.

"Daniel, are you doing this for yourself or do you have some other reason?" Helen said to me.

"Yes Helen, I have another reason. Can I meet you for dinner tonight."

When lunch was over, I dropped Helen off back at work. Then returned to the office in the company car. Picking up my normal car to drive home in. I packed enough clothes as though I would be away for a few days. Packing all my important papers. That I kept them at home in the wall safe.

Then I drove to my rented accommodation. And got the keys. I booked the Belmont Hotel as far as I could away, from being anywhere near Kim.

I picked Helen up from outside the restaurant and we went to the Belmont Hotel. Yes, I had other ideas for that night after dinner with Helen.

"Helen I am staying here. In the Belmont Hotel tonight and over the weekend. I want to get to know you better than only having lunch with you."

Helen knew too well what I was hinting at. She looked into my eyes. I could also see that twinkle in her eyes. I knew for certain she had recognised my twinkle.

Helen and I went up to my room. That night our love was the purest love anyone could give to one another. By one am I was worn out. Helen also was. In the morning. Helen went for some clothes from her house. We returned to the hotel for lunch. The rest of the day we made long passionate love all afternoon.