Common-law Wife

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The last time I had so much in love. Was when Amanda was alive. We dined and had breakfast and for the Sunday our love never stopped for a single minute.

+ + + +

Monday morning, I told my PA. Not to put any calls through after the first one from my wife Kim. Then I told reception. Followed by me instructing security not to allow my wife on company premises.

Now I was waiting for the sparks to arrive. I watch the office clock. Time goes slow when the axe is about to fall. My PA came into my office. With my eleven o'clock cup of tea and a biscuit.

"Mr. Edwards is there something I should know," my PA said to me with a worried look on her face.

"No nothing to worry about, but I will fill you in. In about one hour," I said to my PA.

She left my office with the door open. Fifteen minutes past eleven in came the first of many phone calls from Kim. My cheating wife. I answered the first call.

"Good morning, Kim. Sorry I tried to get home on Sunday night. I hope you did not miss me," I said to her.

"Don't give that shit. What this all this about you are divorcing me. Why?" Helen said to me in a high pitch-sounding voice.

"Yes, Helen we are getting divorced. And you know why, have you spoke to your lover Jim yet?"

The phone went dead quiet.

"Daniel, please let me explain everything. Can I see you right away," she said.

"Helen, you know extremely well my opinion about cheats don't you," I said.

"Daniel, Daniel please let me explain. It was only sex and a fling with him. I love you and only you. Please darling let me come round and explain everything to you."

"Helen, I must go. I will talk to you tonight. If you have any energy left. After your sex romp in room 243 this afternoon. In that hotel in front of that satellite company that your boss owns."

Helen now knew I had found out all about her cheating affair with Jim Davis. She had to come up with some cock and bull the story to get me to call the divorce off. There was no chance in hell of that. It was not going to happen. Even if hell was to freeze over in the next few minutes. My PA walked back in. She had been listening to my end of the conversation with Kim.

"Mr. Edwards, I cannot believe it Kim is having an affair," she said.

"Don't worry about it. Can you tell Jim Davis. I what to see him at twelve fifth teen," I said to my PA.

She was no fool. The name Jim, she was putting two and two together. Minutes later she was talking with another girl in the parts department. The cat was out of the bag. Jim Davis was the man Kim was having the affair with. My PA must have been thinking I was going to knock ten bags of shit out of him.

In walked Jim Davis dead on time.

"Mr Edwards, you want to see me. Before I go on my lunch break," he said with tongue in cheek."

I was working, so I asked him to sit down. I looked up with the nasties grin I could muster.

"Jim, I want to know whom you have picked as your new deputy manager?" I said with hate coming from my voice."

"Why?...Its Fred Jones if you agree," he said.

"Good choice," I said.

"Thank you; can I tell him?" Jim said.

"No, not yet. I will tell him," I said to Jim.

"Is, there anything else you what to talk to me about?" Jim said.

"I don't think so. You had best get along for your lunch date in room 243. Kim always gets there before you. Eager for whatever new you have in mind for her," I said as coldly as I could.

"Mr. Edwards, how long have you known about Kim and I," Jim said.

"It does not matter one single dot to me. She is a cheat and you are cheating on your lovely wife. I hope you too will be happy together. The only loser in all this, is your wife Ann. I bet you a 100 to 1. You will be divorced within the next six months like I WILL."

"Mr. Edwards, Kim has been talking to me in the last hour we are through. Sorry it was just one of those things, you know what I mean. This will not jeopardise my job will it," Jim said.

"Go Jim."

Jim did not go for his two-hour lunch break. He sat in his office thinking. Kim was on the phone trying to talk to me. She had no chance not until tonight at home.

I left work early walking straight into our bedroom and packed all my clothes in two suitcases. Kim had left work early she was going to make me my favourite meal. Trying to change my mind. Then she was going to use those four famous words.

WE NEED TO TALK.

I sat down, and Kim had tears in her eyes.

"Darling, please let me explain. I don't want a divorce. I love you and only you."

It was like she knew the cheater's handbook of by art and back to front.

"Kim, We are getting divorced we are through."

I picked up my briefcase pulling out the large envelope and a small one. Pushing both in front of Kim.

"Kim in the large envelope are photographs of you. In all sorts of positions, getting fucked by your lover Jim Davis. In the smaller envelope is a DVD. Of you fucking the living daylight out of each other. What makes it ten times as bad. Is how often you insult me. Ridiculing me, humiliate me with your cheating lover. Sorry Kim we are through. Get a lawyer and sign the papers. If you what a fight. Then let it be on your own head. Your actions have something called consequences. Be certain of one thing you will come worst of in the end."

"Daniel, Daniel, I love you and only you. Please, I will make it up to you, please don't divorce me," Kim said with tears pouring from both her eyes.

"Kim, can you remember what you have been telling the girls in that satellite company. Across the street from the hotel. The one you use for your dirty deeds, CHEATING ON ME. Well, this is what you have been telling them. You don't love me anymore. Because you are still in love with Edward."

I waited for her to answer me. She sat there looking at me.

"Kim, you can keep your copies of the photographs with the recordings. As a far well gift from me. You can look at them. Relieving your cheating on me for the rest of your pitiful life."

I stood up. Picked up my suitcases and briefcase. Heading for the front door turning round.

"Kim we are through. GET A LAWYER."

Kim knew we were through. She signed the papers.

The following day Jim Davis came marching into my office.

"Edwards, why did you have to send those photographs and recording to my wife? She has done nothing wrong. I am the one to blame not a her," Jim Davis said in a very angry voice.

"Sorry for your troubles. But you were fucking my wife. I don't like cheats male or female. So, get back to work. This is not a marriage guidance agency. Sort your own problems out at home. Now go back to work," I said as hard as I could to him.

It was a Tuesday. I had arranged to meet with Helen. It was not for lunch. There was something much better on the menu. After that afternoon. We meet every night in my rented flat.

+ + + +

On Thursday. A man came into work and asking to see Jim Davis.

"Are you Mr Jim Davis?" The man said to him.

"Yes, why do you ask?" Jim Davis said to him.

"May, I have some sort of proof of who you are?" The man said to Davis."

Davis showed him his driving licence.

"Mr Davis, you have been served," the man said. Handing to him the divorce papers.

At the same time where Kim worked. She was being cited in the divorce case between Jim and Ann Davis. What a pity. Jim Davis's world had come tumbling down. When he would get home later that night, all his things were leaning against the front door.

We were due for a company audit. Jim Davis had applied for a new job with more money. He was going to need it. But he didn't know, I knew all about it. Through his possible new boss, that I was very friendly with. I was hoping for the audit would show up some errors in the parts department.

Ann Davis was pushing hard for the divorce to come through. She had met someone else. Good for her. She hated cheats as much as I did. I was hoping it would turn out all right for her in the end.

When I was with my Helen. I proposed to her. While I was still married to Kim. I had over Eighty five percent of the money I needed to buy a house. So, the mortgage would be no trouble for me. Helen had some money, she agreed to pool our money together.

I stayed most evenings with Helen. Yes, we made long passionate nights of love, and I do mean pure love. And I am not going to tell you any more than that.

+ + + +

Time passed. Then Kim, and I meet her for the last time in court. Down went the hammer on the divorce. It was all through. As soon as the paperwork arrived, which was one week later. We were in my lawyer's office signing a prenuptial agreement. That Helen and I agreed on. But we would not need it, all the same it was there in case. A week later we were married.

As for Kim, she had a new man every few months. She could not find anyone to meet her dead husband's love for her. Nor the love I gave to her. In time she found a new job and dropped off the radar screen.

Ann Davis took Jim to the cleaners. Her family knew a good lawyer.

After the audit was completed, nothing was found to be wrong. Jim Davis did not get the job he had applied for.

I was rubbing salt in his wounds every couple of days. By walking through the parts department. Giving a nasty insulting look. Making sure that nobody saw me.

He got the message. He left under a cloud. I promoted Fred Jones to manager of the parts department. He was better at it than Jim.

As for Helen and myself. Helen came off the pill two weeks before we were married. As the years passed. We loved our time together. We had two boys and a girl. Well Helen did. I only helped with it in the first place. She had to do the rest.

We now have six grandchildren. The youngest ones tend to wear the pair of us out.

It was our seventy first birthday party last week. What I had in my inside coat pocket. Were two sheets of yellowing paper. I pulled them out in the middle of my speech to my three kids with their wives and husband. With the love of my life at my side Helen. With her greying hair and me becoming as bald as a badger.

I said," this, is what I think of these prenuptial agreements ripping them up. There is no need for them if you love each other as much as we do."

I held my wife, Helen. Kissing her for a long, long time. When we broke away.

We both said to each other," I love you."

Before you ask. Yes, I loved Amanda for over eighteen months we were together. I still have memories of seeing her in that cab with blood pouring from her head.

And before you think of it. I don't keep things a secret from Helen. The answer to that is NO.

I tell her everything. Yes, she also tells me everything.

I had three marriages. The first was so dam good. The second, she turned out to be a slut. I even bet. She would have cheated on Edward my best friend. As for my third marriage. Well, it's still going strong. You all know that now. Our nights in bed are no were near as frantic as they once were. We are getting on.