All Comments on 'Complicated Ch. 09-10'

by subdued_passion

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Rape is very 19th century too

I understand the rape scene from the story situation and the characters, as a way to get through to her, like when you have someone do something he really fears to show him its okay. Nonetheless it doesnt sit well with me. I think you could have had him punch at the door, undress himself angrily staring and she would have complied, but again her mind might have prevented her. So I am still not voting Max an asshole but definitely a dangerous lunatic.

Other than that last two paragraphs of chapter 9 are mad right on -imo -. I regret Nayana seems a bit stupid throughout the story. Happily you mentioned her getting promoted so she might have some brains after all, but regarding her love story she is totally spaced out and it is almost pathetic how complicated it was to make her stop being afraid. He did it though, so all is good now. Any idea how it could go from there ? Why dont you write a follow up, say best scenario and worst scenario?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
edit

Apparently I had forgotten to read chapter one, just did and well It was all written already. Nice loop.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
her

seemed she was a bit of a racist and had to work through that, and perhaps a bit of age different.

well written story.

subdued_passionsubdued_passionalmost 10 years agoAuthor

Thank you for reading my story. I've realised that the readers have mixed emotions about Max. The story is written from Nayana's point of view, so the reader only sees her version of the events (did y'all notice how she never takes responsibility for anything that happens?). However, I think a re-read of the story should make it easier to spot the clues which explain Max's behaviour (like his past relationships).

After reading some of the comments it struck me that I ought to write another story from Max's perspective so that even the skeptics can understand why he deserves to be the protagonist of this romance. So maybe if there's enough interest I'll consider writing it.

And yes, in my opinion this is a romance. My apologies to the loyalists of this genre- who felt this story doesn't belong here- but I'm not changing the category; everyone does not arrive at love the same way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I can't give this a ***** because in my opinion

this last part was much too speedily concluded and didn't quite ring true for me. Looking back over the story you can see, reading between the lines, what was going on pretty much all along throughout this story and I liked that it wasn't directly alluded to. After all the story is called Complicated and so, yes, I think that was the author's intention. Well done SP!! Although as I said, I do think this chapter was too hastily concluded and should have spent a bit more time unpicking that confusion for them both - HEA far too fast! But that's my only, I hope constructive, criticism.

subdued_passionsubdued_passionalmost 10 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the encouraging words Anon.

You're right, I did rush towards the end. I had meant this to be a short story but when I got to writing it started to look like a novella; I felt overwhelmed. So I chose to conclude the story with an epilogue rather than leaving it unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not Complicated for Me

I waited everyday like Max at the door for each chapter, and none of them disappointed. I LOVED what you said in one of your comments too about how not everyone approaches love the same way, which perfectly explains this story. It's so different from the romance I've read on here, and I found romance in the parts that seemed like there wasn't any because I knew it was different. I congratulate and appreciate you very much for writing something so non-traditional, and I look forward to more :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A change from the usual romance

I liked reading about flawed characters who make mistakes and then rise above them. Cool story, G.

ohxbabyxbabyohxbabyxbabyalmost 10 years ago
I vote...

That we get Max's side!

subdued_passionsubdued_passionalmost 10 years agoAuthor
To those bothered by the rape scene

If you have read the story you will understand that since the story is from Nayana's POV you experience things through her point of view. Which means you don't realise things till she does.

Throughout the story you see Nayana complying with Max and never taking responsibility for her actions. Max does not rape Nayana- it's just her mind fighting against her feelings for him one last time.

--------------

To the anon who left the following comment in Ch 1: "The rape at the start turned me off and if you've ever been raped, the idea of being raped is NOT exciting like she thought it would be."

Not sure if the she you refer to is the character Nayana or me the author but I wasn't trying to portray rape as exciting. In fact it wasn't even rape, the character was trying to convince herself that she was raped.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
love this story!!!

Love this story very different, good job!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

beautiful.....romantic too

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenover 9 years ago
Eat my words!

Subdued,

I'm glad I didn't have to "eat my words" after defending you and Max after reading Ch 7. I'm glad I didn't jump ahead to see what happened and read your story in sequence. Thanks for the "Happily ever After" ending and the explanation of the "rape" scene. It's a difficult subject to include in a story, even if it is fictional story or a characters thought process or view. Overall, a nice job with the story line and characters. I will continue to follow your writing.

virginchic101virginchic101over 9 years ago
truely good stuff !

loved it!! so lovely and hot and romantic all at the same time ! thumbs up👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
hot

Hot hot hot...

I see the lovely Sunny Leone paying the role of Nayana in the romcom version of this... Or maybe even the porno version...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous