All Comments on 'Condescension'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 110 Comments (Page 2)
NitpicNitpic5 months ago
Think

I think that some how he should have let her know how much he was worth,possibly by buying one of her father's businesses that was profitable.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll4 months ago

Yeah, I agree with some other commenters. While living well is the best revenge, a little lagniappe would be nice. But it's your story and I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This feels a bit rough round the edges and needed to be reviewed and rewritten before sending in. It's not a bad story just not as good as your normal excellent work and really feels unfinished with too many loose threads dangling that needed weaving into the plot. Maybe it's worth a revisit and rewrite? BardnotBard

LechemanLecheman4 months ago

I thought it would have been better for her to discover her Ex was rich, maybe even throwing coin to pick up one of her fathers' businesses.

The story was okay but it was lacking in definitive actions.

A little bit Ho Hum.....

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Well that was disappointing. We never got to find out wifey's reaction if/when she found out he was wealthy.

"Two years later: I walked into a high end restaurant with my pregnant wife for a first anniversary dinner. Turned out my ex was a waitress and given our table. She hid most of the tears. I tipped her $200 on the AMEX Black card my accountant insisted I carry. I was right, it's not the money, it's the lifestyle. Now I give back helping at risk young people find a different path. Soon I'll have my own bunch to focus on."

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19552 months ago

What? I guess this writer got tired of his own story. What a was of my time.

desecrationdesecrationabout 2 months ago

"I'd married poorly and it was time to face that reality." A great enema of realism that LW/BTB needs. If she cheated, something went wrong with her, probably biological or genetic, since mental health problems seem to start there.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Great story. He’s much better off without her.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Good story, but would've liked to know what happened to Diana & the asshole. Most likely divorce, as he didn't have a great paying job anymore.

How I see it coming is that they saw each other some months later, had some lunch, & she told her ex about the downfall & how his parents are hurting for money now; she had to touch her trust to help them out, but without the shirt, she had to live with her parents & contribute to the house's mortgage & upkeep- the parents're near bankruptcy.

> Then she asks her ex if there's any chance of them reconciling. He recounts her parent's attitude toward him, how she lived, and mostly how she left him. Getting up from the table, it's "Fuck you & fuck your parents. You're all self important & righteous that you look down at anyone that's not so. I don't need them, & I definitely don't need you!" He then left after saying the end louder than necessary, but caught the attention of some other diners.

4 stars. Bob

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories