Condo Conflict Ch. 06: No Escape?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I tried my utmost to go slowly, but my own arousal was soon apparent. She teased me with her fine body, then we pressed together tightly, our hearts beating faster and breath coming on stronger. Soon we became one, moving with practiced ease against each other. Our fervor grew as we began to lose ourselves in this most wonderful act, climbing toward the bounds of this world.

Our passion crested when we reached it- a woman and a man making love as though this was all that really mattered. And at that moment it was. Then we held each other close as we came back down, both of us lost in private reverie. Loving this woman was amazing! I wanted to be with her always, and I knew that she was every bit as committed to me.

****

The next day, a rainy Sunday, I was hunched over my computer examining a mass of number data on the screen. Monica brought me a cup of coffee, then looked over my shoulder, curious about what I was examining so closely.

"Oh, I thought you were surfing porn," she quipped.

"Not since I met you, baby. The real thing is so much better than just imagining it."

"Don't think you're going to sweet-talk me into bed, Mister. Not at this hour... but maybe later, OK?"

"Definitely!"

"Hey, what are you looking at so intently, anyway?"

"My investments: stocks, bonds, savings certificates, a mix of things."

"Those are big numbers! Where did all that come from? An inheritance?"

"No, when I divorced Cherise, we split our assets and I didn't have a lot. After that, I lived on the cheap and filled my time with building up a nest egg. I got into some of the tech giants and some solid dividend stocks too. The market has boomed since then, though I haven't checked recently because I'm a buy-and-hold guy. My investments have really grown."

I made a point of saying 'my investments' because Monica and I had a simple financial arrangement. We each had our own salaries and bank accounts, then split all our expenses in proportion to income- since I had a higher salary. I could tell that she was shocked by the six-figure totals she saw for some of the accounts.

"Do you really have this much saved up?" she stammered. "When will you sell? Or do you just keep letting it grow?"

"That's a good question. I don't know."

Later that afternoon, the rain cleared up and we decided to go for a walk in the old city. There was plenty of easy conversation about our evening with Frank and Carole.

I think after seeing my spreadsheet, Monica must have had some inkling that I was considering a condo, because we ended up looking at the rising structure from across the street. I pointed out the unit which Emilio had offered to me and asked her if she thought I should buy it. She was totally surprised, unaware that things had progressed beyond general discussion about the place. I started to explain the financial details.

Just then, along came Cherise, strolling with the same guy I'd seen her with last week. She had her arm in his and hardly noticed us at first. When she did, they stopped right in front of us and my ex-wife began talking immediately.

"Barry, this is my boyfriend, Merrick Watson. I met him at my church."

I nodded to him but didn't say anything.

"Hi Merrick," Monica finally said, wondering how I knew this couple. I was pretty much forced to speak now.

"Monica, this is Cherise."

It was rather awkward as the two of them quietly appraised each other. Then Merrick tried to break the ice by commenting how we keep meeting in the park. Cherise was always a great conversationalist and was able to pick up the thread to get Monica talking with the two of them. I stood by quietly, still unwilling to become friendly with my ex. Finally, it wound down and we left in opposite directions.

"You didn't have much to say. That was embarrassing! You could at least pretend to be pleasant." She was annoyed.

"I don't want to have anything to do with her, that's all. That page is torn from my life now," I gritted out.

"If we're going to grow, Barry, you have to get over it," was her parting remark.

A week later, construction was shut down again by another rotating strike. I was there and to my satisfaction I saw no sign of the developer. His big car was parked down the street in front of the sales trailer that was being prepared. It was a clever bit of promotion, the exterior surrounded by big panels which echoed the appearance of the condo itself. There was no mistaking that the two were the same project.

There'd be no progress on construction today, so I walked over to the sales trailer. Santamundi was inside, along with a painter and carpenter putting finishing touches on their work.

"Glad to see you're not over there in that mess," I commented.

"Hey, I knew you'd be checking on me, my friend, so I didn't dare," he joked.

I could see right away that he was different with me now, like Frank had said, still gruff, but more pleasant since I had saved his skin.

"So are you here to buy that unit?" but I didn't say anything.

The workers were mounting big panels illustrating each type of apartment, with floor plans and prices. I was looking at them when Santamundi commented,

"I took your advice. No telling how much these strikes will cost me, so I put them all up twenty. But I don't go back on a deal, so it's still 749 for you. Interested?"

He must have needed some cash because he was leaning on me for a sale and that hundred thousand upfront. But I still wasn't sure- it was a lot of money to part with.

"We start selling this weekend, so don't leave it too long," he pressed.

I was still thinking about it when I left, but I knew I would have to reach a big decision very soon.

****

Yes, I bought that condominium at 201 Parkside Terrace. The fact that Carole and Frank were going to live in the same building sealed the deal with Monica. I sold off my tech shares right at their peak, and coupled with some other term deposits, there was enough to meet the hundred thousand upfront. I registered as the owner, but we would both share the mortgage and the other costs of living there.

It was all signed and official by the time the sales trailer opened. When it did, the street was lined with high-end vehicles as people checked the place out. After about a month, long before the building was anywhere near completed, a new banner across the big sign claimed,

ONLY A FEW UNITS LEFT

A month or so later another banner appeared:

SORRY. SOLD OUT

We moved in late summer after Carole and Frank's wedding. There hadn't been much in our little one-bedroom apartment, but on the other hand, the Smythe's filled a large moving van to overflowing with all their possessions. Trucks full of household effects and furnishings came to the freight elevator regularly as people settled into the new building.

Then in the evenings we would stand on our terrace, looking across to the park, watching foot-traffic along the street. I had imagined this scene months before. Our wine glasses in hand, I felt content knowing I'd done the right thing. With my Monica beside me, I was on top of the world, an elation almost indescribable.

Until one day she burst my bubble with some news.

"You won't believe who I just met in the parking garage." She waited for me to reply.

"OK, I'll guess. Was it Cherise and her boyfriend?" I joked, saying the dumbest thing that came to mind.

"How did you know? It was her and Merrick! A lawyer- seems like a nice guy. They bought a condo on the second floor along the side street. Moved in last week."

Lord! Knock me down! I was stunned.

"No! This can't be!" was all I could say.

Was there no escape from my ex-wife?

"Just remember what I told you, Barry!"

Very good advice that I must learn to heed.

It was time to finally get over it and grow.

The End

Thanks for reading this series.

12