All Comments on 'Confirming Carter Bk. 04 Expansion Ch. 01'

by RibaldWriter

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
ncpetencpeteover 8 years ago
Thanks for sharing

I really enjoyed your story. It was well written and could have easily been used to continue the Stargate episodes, minus some of the erotic parts of course. I will miss reading additional episodes. Your story telling and character development brought each of them to life. Well done. Looking forward to reading your next story.

MinokeMinokeover 8 years ago
Thank You For Your Wonderful Storytelling

I don't normally leave comments like this, but in this case I thought it best that I did.

Recently, the Butte Fire in northern California first took out my power, and then I was forced to evacuate when the fire got too close. It was a week of hell. I had no idea if I'd have a home to go back to... fear and uncertainty were the words of the week.

One of the few things that kept me going through it was waiting for the next chapter in your story, Confirming Carter. Your frequent uploads were a source of comfort.

I hope you continue your story soon, and know that it helped this user, at least, through a very difficult situation.

PS: Just got home last night, and everything's fine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It is always sad to see a good story end.

You did a great job of this one. Most mornings, I would check for an update before heading to the bathroom lol. My day always started off with a smile when I seen an update. Please keep on writing because you are good!

RibaldWriterRibaldWriterover 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you...so very, very much

This story was therapy for a while during a long period of unemployment. I would get up in the morning, apply for job after job online, and bang away at the story line in between. After a while, I'd get up in the morning and just start banging away at the story line.

The main reason I chose the subject I did is I'm a big Stargate fan. I have digital copies of both series, and I play them all night while I sleep. I was, and continue to be frustrated by the way the character Samantha Carter's sexuality was alternately highlighted, then stunted time after time. At some point, I decided that the girl just needed a little relief.

This series started as a 10 page short story. I was editing it one evening, and the next thing I knew, the sun was coming up, my roommate was asking me if I had been up all night, and the first 3 chapters of Book One were on the screen in front of me. The rest just kind of happened, and to be honest, this story lent itself to the telling. At times, it almost seemed that it was writing itself through me.

I've been frustrated by the lack of comments, but comforted by the fact that they were positive and receptive to where I was taking the characters, and how the story line was progressing.

I'm not sure I'm finished with this series. Book Three still has to be brought to a proper close. There is still so much to explore with Boris, Fran and the other androids, and the boys, Geraan and Phinnar need to be brought to into perspective.

Book Four was a beginning, I just don't have the energy right now to continue it. I want to...I really want to, but the time and the energy just aren't there...

Thank you so much for reading my work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Oh this is too kewl! Thank you.

trrgrhppytrrgrhppyover 8 years ago
DAMN YOU!

Damn it! This is an amazing story, written very well, punctually updated. I looked forward to coming home, and reading the next update! It kinda was the highlight of my day...

Guess I will devote that time to searching for a new job now...

soreireisoreireiover 8 years ago
Bawh whimper whimper

I am going to miss this story very much. In an earlier comment I stated that I was not one for fanfics but I found myself heavily invested in this one. You are an excellent writer and should be very proud of this beautiful work. I would most assuredily love to see it go on there is so much more that could be done with your wonderful characters and thier universe. Thank you for sharing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank You

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series. I haven't posted comments to every chapter even though I have read them. I really enjoyed this look at Col. Carter's sexuality and I have always thought that Sam (and Dr Keller as well) were very beautiful interesting characters. Thank you again and I will be watching to see if you continue the series.

ChequamegonChequamegonover 8 years ago
Hate to see this end

I was so excited to see Book 4 posted and equally bummed when Ch.01 was the end. I rarely have read stories this long but this one was so well done I couldn't stop reading it. I can't imagine what it takes to keep writing a story this long. You are very talented. Hope you come up with some more. This may be a stretch but IMHO you have the makings of a screenplay. Consider contacting the creators of Stargate Atlantis and pitching them the story line. Not sure how they would handle the sex but I think it could be worked out. Keep writing, I'll be sure to watch for any future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
loved it

Very enjoyable story =D

Sad that its ending but you did a great job of it, hope to see some more chapters detailing prior to the time skips = P

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meabout 8 years ago

I can honestly say, but without a doubt this is been the most interesting story I've read. I was a big Stargate fan to begin with. But your stories of just taking it one step higher and to a new level altogether. Great writing, great story, great characters, and you stay true to the theme. Great job I hope to read more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad

Wish you would write more on this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please keep the story going

I just came across the Carter series a few days ago and have been reading it at every opportunity. Thank you for at least giving us an ending but there is so much still to be told. I can't say why you did not get many comments but I see lots of people complain about long stories in general. Maybe they were scared off or were just looking for the sex. You have written what would be a great tv series.

This is the first time I've ever even left a comment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow.

This is one of the coolest Sam Carter stories I've ever read, and I found it on Literotica! Amazing detail and story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
INDEED!

I, too, have just come across your Carter chronicles, and (as a Stargate fan) was blown away. They all read like part of the series. You have captured the essence of all the characters perfectly, their interaction is flawless and I can see them as though I'm watching them on TV. As a long time role player (D&D, Traveller, Runequest etc), I reckon you would make a great referee/dungeon master. You set out a rich tapestry upon which a campaign would flourish. If SG1 was ever to make a return to our screens, they would do themselves a great favour by putting you on their writing/creative team. You HAVE to write more. Jack O'Neill was brought out of retirement, you have just been re-instated!

RibaldWriterRibaldWriterover 6 years agoAuthor
Might be more coming

I just got laid-off again, and I'm thinking about doing some writing, but to be honest, I've been blocked for a while.

I want to pick the Carter series back up, there's more in Book Three that needs to be worked out, and Book Four needs to be expanded as well.

Now to decide if I want to sex it up more, or just go with the storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too kewl!

As much as I adored Stargate sg1 and atlantis, and too a lesser extent universe (so much unmet potential for universe.) I found your conclusion and how you told it far more satisfying. So thank you for that!

PS while I do like lesbian erotica its never been my favorite, however because of how you wrote it I enjoyed those parts a lot more than I normally do, so thank you for that as well :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous