Connie Ch. 01

Story Info
Helping my new neighbor is rewarding.
4.5k words
4.39
20.7k
21
6

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 04/24/2024
Created 04/10/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ragal2
ragal2
1,217 Followers

It was our summer vacation. I was back home from college, cherishing the ability to sleep late, having Mom feeding me and doing my laundry. I loved my mother - She was doing everything to make my life easier and never bothered or asked for something in return. Dad was hardly at home. He worked long hours at the factory and returned late, eating dinner, and heading to sleep afterwards. Only on weekends we had time to talk and occasionally stroll in the nearby park.

One morning I was awaken by an unusual noise outside. The wall clock showed 9 am. I was alone in the house. I peeked through the window and noticed a big van in front of the house across the street. Until now, this house was vacant for several months. I saw a woman wearing a dirty overall try to carry what looked like large boxes. She stopped frequently and dried her sweaty forehead. I could see that the van was full of these boxes.

Not having anything better to do, I put on shorts and a tee shirt and went outside. I approached the woman, and said, "Hi, my name is Robin. I live across the street. You must be our new neighbor. Carrying all these boxes may be tough for one person. Would you like me to help you?"

She signed, "You are right. It's already hot outside and the boxes are heavy. I appreciate your help. By the way, my name is Connie and I just bought this house."

"Please to meet you, Connie. Let's make a deal: You stay in your home. I'll bring you the boxes one after the other, and you tell me where to place them."

She had a cute smile, "Thank you, Robin. I checked the fridge and it works. I'll make a pitcher of lemonade and add ice cubes. By the time we are done, we'll have a refreshing cold drink."

"That will be wonderful."

I began carrying the boxes and noticed Connie standing by the window watching me unloading and carrying her stuff. Was she doing it to make sure I didn't steal her stuff?

I wasn't sure about it, but if that was the reason, I wouldn't blame her; She knew nothing about me.

It took me about half an hour to complete the job. I was sweating profusely and felt the most appropriate thing to do was to go home and shower. However, Connie came toward me with a grin, "Robin, thank you for helping. You actually saved me - My back is killing me lately, and if I had to carry these heavy loads by myself, I'd probably end up in the hospital."

"Connie, we are neighbors now. I am on a 2.5 months vacation from college. Except for times I'd be with my friends, I'll be available, so call me anytime you wish me to help you with anything."

She blushed, "I hate to bother others with my own issues."

I laughed, "Much of the time I rest and get bored around here. As I said, I'd be happy to do something constructive. If asking for a favor bothers you, you can pay me with a cold drink and cookies."

She gazed at me for a long moment, and said, "I'll do it. Thanks again."

...

I rushed home, showered and watched TV. Just before the sitcom ended, I heard Connie's van stopping by her house again. I saw her coming out with 2 heavy bags in her arms. She stopped to rest after walking 20 steps.

I went outside, and Blurted, "Connie, do you want to damage your back permanently? Why didn't you call me?"

She blushed again, "Robin, you were very nice. But I cannot make you do everything for me. I think that if I rest every couple of minutes, I'll be able to carry the bags without injuring my back."

"Lady, I hate to say it, but it sounds dumb. Why risk it if I am free? Let me guess, you are too cheap to pay me with another cold drink and a cookie. Is that it?"

Her laugh was very pleasant, "Yes, that's it. Your services are too expensive for me."

I pointed a finger at her, "Ma'am, open your front door, and I'll bring your bags inside."

She had 4 large bags in her car. They contained pots with flowers she obviously planned to use for a small flower garden. I brought everything in, and left the bags in the garage area.

She glanced at me silently. I asked, "Do you want me to water the flowers?"

Her eyes teared, "Robin, you are too good to me. I hate myself for destroying your day."

I chuckled, "Woman, stop crying. It won't help you. I still insist on getting my pay. It can be lemonade, cold tea, Coca Cola or even cold water."

I sat down and watched her strolling toward the kitchen. She seemed to limp somewhat. I waited for her to bring the drink, stared into her eyes, and said, "I see your back started hurting. Do you have pain medications?"

"I have ibuprofen. It usually helps for a couple of hours. In Boston I used to go for a weekly back massage. It was very helpful. It's my first day here so I didn't look for one yet. I'll try to find a good masseur tomorrow."

"Connie, I study to become a physical therapist. If you want me to give you a back rub, let me know. And, please, stop being embarrassed when you need help. It's a small community, and everybody helps others. However, for a back massage a cold drink won't be enough. If you need one, my price goes up and you'll have to make me a cup of coffee."

Her eyes explored mine, "You hardly know me... How come you waste your precious time spoiling me?"

"Call it 'he tries to be useful for a change.' Is my explanation acceptable?"

She ignored my stupid comment, and asked, "Will you have time this week to help me plant the flowers?"

"Will my fee be ready when I am done with the work?"

She grinned, "A cold drink with a selection of cookies and 2 cakes will be ready for you, sir."

"How about tomorrow around 9:30 am?"

"Robin, thank you and I'll see you tomorrow."

...

The following morning I shaved, showered, ate breakfast, and knocked on Connie's door on time. She opened the door, and I hardly recognized her: She had on a summery blue skirt and a beige short sleeve blouse. Her blonde wavy hair was loose. She looked much younger than the day before and... much more attractive.

I whistled, "Connie, you look fantastic."

Her face turned crimson-red, "Robin, I could be your mother..."

I smiled, "I was told never to ask a woman's age, but I doubt you are that old. More importantly, I do not care about your biologic age; I am just saying you look much more beautiful than yesterday."

"Thank you. During the night I wetted the area I wish to plant the flowers. Let's go and plant them. When you finish, I'll give you a cold drink of your choice, 3 cookies and a large piece of cake as a reward for the compliment you gave me."

I giggled, "Do I get treats each time I give you a compliment?"

Connie chortled, "Somebody is becoming greedy..."

I asked her how she wanted her flower garden to look like and insisted she sits down and let me do the work. I was done an hour later. We sat in her kitchen and I asked her, "Are you a home maker or have a job?"

"I am a writer. I freelance for several journals."

"May I read some of your writings?"

"Sure. I don't know if you find the subject interesting, but I'll print an article for you. It's going to be ready for you in an hour."

"I have to leave now. I promised my friend to help him with an assignment. Can I stop by sometime in the afternoon and read it?"

"You are welcome any time after 4 pm."

...

I rang the bell at 5 o'clock. She wore a light robe and looked different. I noticed she put on light red lipstick and a touch of makeup. I smiled and inquired, "Connie, you look even better than before. How do you want me to display my feelings about it?"

"Robin, stop it! You make me blush. Can't you see me as a regular person?"

"I DO see you as a regular person, but I think you are a very attractive regular person..."

"The way you talk makes me hesitate showing you my writing."

"Why?"

"Read the first one and you'll understand."

I grabbed the first article. It was a story about a 20 year old girl who fell in love with a guy. Initially, he was a perfect gentleman, but later he began mistreating her, and then abusing her emotionally and physically. She tried multiple times to leave him but her love was too strong and she kept returning to him, until one day he left the house and was never seen again. She was pretty, and many other guys wanted to date her but she refused to date again and lived all her life alone.

When I was done, I glanced at her, "It's a sad story. Where did you get the idea to write it?"

She had a sad smile, "For several years, my life was like hers. When I wrote it, I thought I'd end up like her."

"Connie, you are gorgeous, smart and a good writer. Why would you give up on life because of one bad apple?"

"I was disappointed, frustrated and desperate. I vowed to myself I'd never trust another man. EVER!"

"Everybody suffers broken heart at one time or another. That's not a reason to give up on normal life."

"That's easy for you to say - You are young, handsome, and ready to conquer the world. I am not built this way. I am more introvert, and a major heavy-heartedness like the one I went through was devastating to me."

"Lady, I have an idea. This evening you come with me to watch a movie."

She smirked, "What is wrong with you? Are you trying to become a psychologist?"

"No. I find you an interesting and attractive woman. I do not have a girlfriend, so taking you out will make me happy."

"Honey, did you notice the age difference? Do you suffer from Oedipus Complex?"

I stood up before her and blurted, "Connie, why don't you stop the cynicism and accept my offer? I hate to see you being so pessimistic. You choose a movie, and I promise to behave. I want you to realize life can still be good."

Connie gazed at me with tears in her eyes, "Are you sure your mother won't be upset you take an older woman to a movie?"

"My mother stopped telling me what to do many years ago. Unless I ask for her advice, she won't comment on my life choices. But knowing her, I have no doubts she'll like you."

She chuckled, "The ultimate optimist."

I looked at my watch, "Connie, you have one hour to decide what movie you want to see. Once we are on our way, we can stop and eat something. Unfortunately, as a student, my money is tight, so I cannot afford a luxury restaurant, but Panera is fine."

She giggled, "Yes, sir. I'll text you 3 optional movies and you decide which one you want to watch."

...

Her text reached me when I was in the bathroom. It said, 'I saw 3 movies that my eyes focused on: 'Love Story,' 'The Broken Heart Gallery,' and 'No Hard Fillings.' Are you still interested?'

'Yes, I do. Which one of them?'

'Love Story'. I missed it when I was young, and I always wanted to see it.'

'It starts at 7:30 in Landmark Theater. I'll pick you up at 7:10.'

I saw Love Story about 5 years ago while on a flight. I recalled thinking about the innocence of youth in the 70s. The movie had sad ending, but perhaps a good cry was what Connie needed to get over her bad memories - A closure to her old life and a new beginning.

I dressed nicely. I wore a nice white shirt, brown long pants, shiny shoes, and even put on a jacket. I waited by her door at 7:10. Connie opened the door and her eyes inspected me with a smile, "Robin, the plan was to watch a movie together. You are dressed as if going on a date."

I stared at her. She wore a simple dress and comfort shoes. Connie had no make up or lipstick on, and looked 'natural.' However, her eyes looked radiant.

I bowed and blurted, "Ma'am, I am here at your service. I don't know about you, but I consider it a date. May I hold your hand, please?"

Her throaty laugh was cheerful, "You are so funny. I like you. Let's go."

The theater had only few people scattered around. I bought popcorn and soda and we sat at an empty area.

We munched on the popcorn and didn't talk much. The lights went off, and the commercials started shortly after we sat down. The movie itself began 15 minutes later, right when we finished the popcorn.

In the beginning, the young couple started dating and was having fun. Connie concentrated on the screen and seemed to enjoy the happiness of the young couple. It all changed when Ali Macgraw began suffering from severe symptoms of cancer. Connie shoulders cave and I saw her cry.

I hugged her shoulder, "Connie, take it easy; It's only a movie."

"I know. But it's so sad that people find happiness and everything can change in a minute. If there is god, why will he let it happen?"

"I am not sure there is god, but some people may say we could not appreciate the good in life if we didn't have bad parts too."

She tried to smile through her tears, "Robin, you are too smart for your young age."

I noticed she did not try to move away from my arm around her shoulder and kept it there. The movie continued and the girl's condition deteriorated. Connie's cry turned louder. I caressed her shoulder and upper arm, as she leaned her head on my upper chest. I could smell her hair - It had a nice floral scent. I was tempted to kiss her hair...

With the film progressing toward the inevitable bad ending, Connie's demeanor was a wreck, with tears flowing uninterruptedly.

I hugged her with both arms, and whispered, "Connie, are you OK? I hate to see you like that."

She put her arms around me, and mumbled, "I heard the movie did not have a happy ending, but I didn't know it was that sad..."

"Sorry, I should have warned you before agreeing to bring you here."

The movie ended a few moments later. I took Connie's hand in mine and led her outside. It was around 9:30 pm.

I said, "I hate to leave you in such a bad mood. Is there anything I can do to improve it?"

She looked at me strangely, "I think I better go to sleep now. If by tomorrow you still feel the urge to cheer me up, we can go to a restaurant. However, I insist on one condition - I pay. You are a student. I earn enough money and can easily afford a good restaurant. Take it or leave it."

"Connie, I may be only a poor student, but it embarrasses and offends me to go out with a lady and let her pay for me."

"Please, don't take it that way. I like your company, and spending our time together makes me feel good. There is no reason for you to also waste your money on me. Look, I'll pay the restaurant bill and in return, you choose anything you want. OK?"

I grinned, "I accept, but no regrets later!"

Connie lifted her right hand, and whispered, "Scout's honor."

...

Connie selected an Italian restaurant. I liked her choice: Italian meats and pasta were among my favorites. This time, she dressed differently. She wore a midi style light blue dress that looked very good with her blue eyes and blonde hair. She even added red lipstick!

I ogled her unabashedly, and mumbled, "Connie, you look fantastic!"

Her face turned beet-red, "The other night I felt awful that you dressed nicely, while I wore comfort clothes."

I glanced at her face, "Connie, I see through your clothes that your figure is terrific. Why are you trying to hide it with baggy clothes?"

"Robin, why do you care what I wear?"

"Because I like you and enjoy your company. I hate to see you depressed, and in my opinion, each time you wear nicer clothes, it will improve your mood."

She whispered, "You sound as if you really care about me..."

"Connie, I REALLY do!"

Her eyes concentrated on mine for a long time, as if trying to see through me my real feelings toward her. I returned her look and didn't budge. Eventually, she lowered her eyes and sighed, "Robin, you are a very nice... boy, but you are making my life tough..."

"Why?"

"Because you start becoming emotional..."

"What is wrong about it?"

She stayed quiet and did not respond.

Connie led me to a small Italian restaurant she heard about from a friend. She took the lasagna and I ordered Arrosticini. My food was delicious. For dessert she ordered Spumoni and I had a tiramisu.

She smiled when she noticed how much I enjoyed the food, and commented, "I visited the Tuscany region in Italy once and loved it. I vowed to one day go there again."

"I'd love to travel there too. There are so many attractive places to visit: Rome, Florence, Siena, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Milan. Yes, I will definitely go there, eventually."

She giggled, "I see we found a common denominator - Italy." She paid for the meal and we left.

As I dropped her by her door, I reminded her, "Connie, I let you pay for both of us. You promised I could ask for anything I wanted."

She grinned, "Are you in the mood for another movie? a show?"

"No."

"What then?"

"I want to kiss you."

Her eyes widened, "Robin, be realistic. My intention was to go out with you to a place of your choice. A kiss is too personal."

"Connie, I like you a lot. I felt sorry for you when we watched Love Story, and happy for you in the Italian restaurant. In both cases I felt very close to you. I like how your lips curl when you laugh and have an urge to taste them. Why not?"

"I told you why - You are handsome and nice, but age wise I could be your mother."

"Mom, I want to kiss you, P L E A S E..."

She pleaded with me, "Don't do it to me. My heart got broken one time and it took me years to recover. I don't think I'll be able to go through similar experience again..."

"Connie dear, I ask for only one kiss. If you don't like it, I promise to never bother you again."

She leaned back on the wall at her house, said nothing but looked at me intently.

I took it as a permission to approach her. I closed the distance slowly, afraid she'd change her mind, but she never did.

I raised her chin gently and kissed softly her luscious lips. She closed her eyes. Her lips tasted sweet. I stared at her and saw her face was still directed at me with her eyes shut.

I kissed her again, this time more insistently, and her lips parted slightly. My tongue licked her upper lip and she moaned. Her lips spread further and my tongue slipped into her hot mouth. She moaned again and put her arms around me. I hugged her and whispered, "Connie darling, we barely know each other, and I am attracted to you like no other woman ever. I don't want to ruin anything by trying to advance now. I'll go home. Please, think about us. If you are sure that we are not meant to be together, or too scared, don't contact me and I'll understand. If you agree to give us a chance, I'll be the happiest man alive." I kissed her one last time and left without looking at her face.

...

That night I dreamt about being married to Connie and spending our honeymoon in Italy.

I didn't see Connie or heard from her in 2 days. It became clear she was not into me. I felt miserable.

On the 3rd day Connie called me, "Robin, I just returned from Walmart. I have heavy stuff in my car. Can you help me please?"

"Be at your house in 5." I wore a tee shirt and an old jeans.

She opened the door and let me inside. She had on a short robe. She smiled at me, but her eyes were reddish, suggesting she cried short time earlier. She guided me to the garage and asked me to bring in the large bags in the luggage. I opened the luggage door and found a single small bag. I brought it to the kitchen and gazed at Connie.

She was sitting on a chair facing me. Her eyes pleaded with me. I moved closer. She lifted her face to me, closed her eyes and puckered her lips. I kissed her softly, and said, "In the first 24 hours after I left you, I prayed you'd call me. When you didn't, I was depressed and couldn't eat. I knew I screwed up by trying too much too fast. I hated myself and didn't know how I could ever face you again..."

Her loving eyes opened and she grinned, "Robin honey, I was ready for you when you first kissed me. But after you left, I began thinking that there was no way a relationship with you can work. You are WAY too young, spend a lot of time in school, and I was too dreamy to face reality. The same night your kiss woke me up. I found myself aroused like I haven't felt in many years. I tried to rationalize it was only a fantasy. However, in the following night, in my new dream, you kissed me and then touched my body. I remember melting in your arms. You said you wanted me. All of me. And I was more than ready to give up... If you still want me despite my many flaws, take me."

ragal2
ragal2
1,217 Followers
12