Consent of the Governed Ch. 02

Story Info
Political debates; submitting the Police budget.
14.8k words
4.79
6.1k
3

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 10/28/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Dedicated to the memory of Herman Cain, a great American.

Part 8 - The Enemy Gambit (continued)

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" said the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Wednesday, October 14th, from the anchor desk in KXTC's studios. "Dr. Lionel Carmela accuses Commander Donald Troy and the TCPD of Police brutality against Dr. Carmela's students..."

After the hard-charging music intro, Bettina began: "Dr. Lionel Carmela, Head of the University's Political Science Department, previously filed complaints with the University Ethics Board and the State Medical Board, accusing Dr. Laura Fredricson, Head of the University's Psychology Department, of running a male prostitution ring out of her office."

Bettina: "The State Medical Board has unreasonably refused to consider these credible charges, but Channel Two News has learned that the University Ethics Board will be considering them. Now Dr. Carmela is accusing Dr. Fredricson's husband, Police Commander Donald Troy, of using tactics of intimidation and harassment against Dr. Carmela's students in an effort to stop the investigation of Dr. Fredricson. Let's go to trusted reporter Amber Harris for more on this fast-breaking story. Amber!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the short, athletic blonde Amber Harris as she came onto the screen, reporting from the roof of the building at Riverside and College, with Police Headquarters in the background. "We have an exclusive interview with Dr. Carmela and one of his students, whose face and identity we are concealing for her protection, and just calling her 'Tamara'."

Amber: "Tamara is coming forward with credible allegations that Commander Donald Troy intimidated and harassed her with an illegal interrogation. She says that Commander Troy and other Officers she did not know held her against her will and interrogated her without legal representation despite her repeated requests for an attorney. She also claimed that she was not read her Constitutional rights. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing Amber in the light that was behind Tamara, creating a blackout of Tamara's face. Additionally, the video blurred out Tamara's face. Dr. Carmela was sitting next to her, in relative darkness but identifiable.

Amber led Tamara through her story with very softball questions. Tamara was saying things like "They surrounded me", "they were talking over my shoulder to intimidate me", "they threatened me with arrest", "the FBI Agent in the room threatened to 'disappear' me, to rendition me", "no, they never read me my rights", "I repeatedly asked for a lawyer and was denied legal representation", and so on and so forth.

Amber never once asked what the Police were interrogating Tamara about, why they would possibly be interested in her, if she had any proof or witnesses of her claims, nor even where the interrogation took place. But she did ask: "Dr. Carmela, why is Commander Troy harassing your student?"

"Because he knows the allegations against Dr. Fredricson are true," said Carmela, "and he's desperate and will do anything, even illegal things like using Police power to browbeat innocent people, to try and stop the truth about his wife and her crimes from being exposed. But rest assured, Amber, it is my foremost mission to expose Dr. Fredricson's crimes, and have her removed from the University Faculty as well as fired by University Hospital, and I will not rest until that is accomplished."

Back to Bettina live: "Thank you for that explosive story, Amber! Commander Donald Troy has not responded to repeated requests by KXTC for comment on these credible allegations! And now let's go to reporter Carl Lemay for more on the Town Assembly and the Budget process. Carl!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the handsome black reporter Carl Lemay from the roof of the building at Riverside and College, with City Hall in the background. The same camera used by Amber was now being used by Lemay. "The Public Safety Budget presentation to the Town Assembly is tomorrow morning at 9:00am at City Hall... again, that's tomorrow morning at 9:00am at City Hall... and promises to be very controversial. Assemblywomen Coretta K. Scott and Cori Bowman have vowed to do whatever it takes to defund the Police."

Lemay: "Other Democrats are also promising to deny the Police any funds unless and until they fire Commander Donald Troy, citing the sheer brutality of his actions in suppressing peaceful protests by Blacks over the summer, for Troy working with D.A. Miriam Walters to destroy Breonna Bryant's life by charging her with Felony Murder just for peacefully demonstrating, and for recent raids targeting the Hispanic Community. Assemblywomen Scott and Bowman are asking the Black Community to rise up and make their voices heard on these issues..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

There had been no coffee klatch, so Teresa Croyle and I were sitting in my office and drinking coffee as we watched.

I said "Carl Lemay kept repeating the time and location of the presentation to the Town Assembly. The reason why is obvious: the Press is trying to gin up protests, maybe even violence. Do you have our people ready?"

"I sure do." Teresa replied. "And I need to tell you that the Chief directly asked me and Lieutenant Mary Milton for a threat assessment and our plans. He didn't say anything, but I think he's worried... either about the continued use of force against black protesters, or the optics the Press is making out of all of it, especially during Election season."

I nodded. "Well, it can't be helped. I'm hoping our show of force will be more of a deterrent, and there won't be any escalation to violence."

Teresa nodded, then said "Sir, what do you think about that interview with Carmela and that little snot Tamara?"

"It was quite instructive, wouldn't you say?" I asked, glancing at the Iron Wolf out of the corner of my eye.

Teresa said "I don't understand why they did it. Tamara can't prove a damn thing, and she really does face the possibility of arrest. So why poke at us with a stick like that, and rile us up?"

"It's a gambit on Carmela's part, for sure." I said, leaning back a bit in my comfortable Command Chair, grateful for the lumbar support. "I think Carmela is hoping we don't push it, but I'm about to redirect his suppositions on that. He may be challenging us to respond, because if we don't respond correctly, it will give validity to their otherwise untenable story. And last but not least, he knows that the truth doesn't matter; with the Press giving him air time, and likely ginning up the story on his behalf, it's worth it for him to do it."

Teresa said "And Amber would be a very, very willing helper in that. We need to recruit her for our Women's Intramural Softball team, as a pitcher."

I chuckled then said "It was the questions she didn't ask that bothered me. Didn't ask where the so-called interrogation took place. Didn't ask why we would be interested in talking to her. Didn't ask what Tamara's major was, and who her Grad School sponsor was... which is Laura. Yeah, that was hatchet job carefully orchestrated by Carmela and the deeply corrupt Mainstream Media."

I then dialed Cindy's office on my landline phone without picking up the transceiver, which caused the conversation to be on speaker. To our surprise, Tanya Muscone answered.

"Yes sir, I'm in here with Commander Ross." said Tanya. "She's showing me the ropes."

"Good!" I said with mock joviality. "And to get you started on those duties: have Captain Thompson call a Press Conference for 9:00am in the Press Room here at Headquarters. And would you call your husband and ask him to come see us? or would you rather me do it------ oh, never mind, he just walked in."

Indeed, FBI Special Agent In Charge Jack Muscone had knocked on my door and then opened it and come on in. I had him sit down and said "Here's what I want to do..."

Part 9 - Verbal Combat

9:00am, Wednesday, October 14th. The Press Room was packed full of propagandists that called themselves 'journalists'. It was standing room only, and reporters were jostling for positions.

"It's being carried live," I heard in my earbud as we approached the Press Room. "KXTC, KSB, KFXU, and Fox Midtown are all showing it."

"Roger that." I said, then said "I'm going off-radio." I took the earbud out of my ear, as it was attached to a wire with a microphone, and was visible. I turned to Captain Damien Thompson, the Public Relations Officer, and said "We are 'go'."

Thompson led a procession into the room from the door in back, and along the space next to the left wall roped off by those velvet ropes like those in movie theaters. The others in the line were Police Chief Sean Moynahan, Your Iron Crowbar, and FBI Special Agent in Charge Jack Muscone.

Captain Thompson went to the podium and said "Ladies and gentlemen, the Town & County Police Chief and Police Commander." Chief Moynahan went to the podium, and the reporters began shouting questions, showing no restraint nor respect.

Chief Moynahan just watched them for well over half a minute, then finally said "I can stand here all day. I'm getting paid no matter what." The rabid reporters finally quietened down, and the Chief said "I know that this will be really hard for you to dooooo, but if you control yourselves and act with manners and decorum, Commander Troy will come up and speak with you." It grew instantly silent, and the Chief said "Commander, it's your party."

"Thank you, Chief." I said coming up to the podium. "I'll make a statement, and if you act like civil human being instead of reporters, we may take questions." The Press's hatred began growing at that salvo, but they remained quiet.

I began: "I called this Press conference to address the KXTC interview with Dr. Lionel Carmela and his student. KXTC was trying to hide her identity, but I have no problem telling you exactly who she is." I gave them Tamara's full name, then said "What the KXTC hit piece this morning did not tell you is that while Tamara took some of Dr. Carmela's classes, she is actually a Psychology major, and her Faculty Advisor and sponsor to Graduate School is Dr. Laura Fredricson, who Dr. Carmela has repeatedly falsely accused of unethical and even unlawful behavior."

Your Iron Crowbar: "I'll point out several fallacies of Amber Harris's interview." I did so, then said "Last but not least, KXTC constantly puts in their reports that (air quotes) 'Commander Troy has not responded to repeated requests for comment'. That is disingenuous at best and purely dishonest at worst. They call the Public Relations Officer at four o'clock in the morning and just ask for me without saying why, then say I'm not responding to them. I would think that the rest of you reporters in the room would be ashamed of KXTC's dishonesty, as it reflects badly on ALL of you. And, obviously, I'm responding right now with this Press Conference right now."

Pat Stellum and Amber Harris were in the room, and their faces showed malignant hatred of me as I continued: "Next: both I and the Town & County Police categorically deny any wrongdoing regarding Tamara, and I call upon her and Dr. Lionel Carmela to either bring proof of their baseless accusations, or admit that they are false and apologize for them."

Your Iron Crowbar: "I also wish to point out that the Town & County Police are not investigating the allegations by Dr. Carmela against Dr. Fredricson. The Chief can confirm that if he likes. It's not our pervue, and if the TCPD was investigating, I'd be recused, since I'm very happy and honored to say that I am Dr. Fredricson's husband. Having said that, the FBI may be investigating Tamara, her associates, and Dr. Carmela for illegally tapping into Dr. Fredricson's paper and digital records------"

"Why is the FBI investigating them?" Amber Harris yelled out. "This is a local and State crime, at best."

"The answer is very simple." I said. "Dr. Fredricson is a Federal Agent."

"No she's not!" Amber yelled hotly. "She's retired!"

"And that's why idiots like you shouldn't be reporters." I replied cooly, enjoying my words. "Dr. Fredricson retired from being an active and high-level CIA Officer, but she has been retained as a consultant for them, and also for special projects."

"Aren't you revealing classified information?" yelled a voice. Ah, there's Bettina! I thought to myself. How did I miss seeing her before?

"No, and let me explain how that works." I said. "It's no secret that Dr. Fredricson was once a Deputy Director in the CIA. Her confirmation by the U.S. Senate is in the Congressional Record, and you can find her basic information with the Company on Wikipedia------"

"What are her special projects?" loudly asked the young Indian woman that was hostile to me and the Police as often as she could be.

"As I was about to explain before being rudely interrupted by you," I said, "the current work of my wife for the CIA is classified, as many of her past projects still are. And here's an example of how that works. Let me ask: how many aircraft carriers are currently in the United States Navy?"

There was a silent pause, then Chief Moynahan called out "Eleven!"

"Yes sir, that is correct." I said. "And that's pretty easy to find out. Now, where are those carriers right now? Ah, that's a little harder to find out. And it's the same with my wife's work. And now I'll ask FBI Special Agent in Charge Muscone if he would like to say a few words."

"I sure would." said Jack Muscone. He took my place at the podium and said "Because Dr. Fredricson is a Federal Agent, if Tamara or anyone else hacked her files or recorded her written papers, such as her appointment calendar, then that person or those persons have committed Federal crimes. We will be able to obtain cellphone information under the PATRIOT Act of communications between Tamara, Dana Stirewalt, Rob Lawton, and Dr. Lionel Carmela. And I don't know anything about any alleged interrogation by the TCPD, which sounded made up to my expert ears, but I assure you that the FBI will be talking to these people..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"That was soooo righteous!" Captain Tanya Muscone said as we ate lunch in the private 'Command Room' at the Cop Bar. Also present were her husband Jack Muscone, FBI ASAC Karina White, Sheriff Griswold, Your Iron Crowbar, Commander Cindy Ross, and Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle. "Best Press conference ever!"

"KXTC even covered the whole thing." said Teresa. "I was sure that they'd cut away when you put Amber in her place and called her the idiot she is, but they didn't."

Cindy said "I have word from a reliable source that there is some bitter infighting at KXTC right now. Pat Stellum is still bitter that his story on the Police beating up Tasha's attacker was buried by Bettina Wurtzburg and Katherine Woodburn." (Author's note: 'Big In Japan', Ch. 05.) "Amber and Stellum are practically at war trying to undermine each other for stories, and they're both pissed that Carl Lemay gets all the juicy racial stories."

Cindy: "So it's likely that people on Stellum or Lemay's side kept the cameras on so that Amber would be humiliated. That, or Bettina just told the camera operator to let it roll, though I'm not sure why she would do that."

I said: "That's an 'easy button answer: Because Katherine Woodburn told her to. And before you ask, I think Katherine did that to make sure people watching heard that the FBI is investigating Carmela and his people. And before you ask, she wants to use that to say that there should be a strong SBI that can come in and push local LEOs out of the way, and do investigations like that."

Teresa said "Don, what do you think Carmela's next move will be? I doubt he'll take what you did to him today lying down."

"I agree." I replied. "I think he'll continue with his plan: KXTC will have polling tomorrow morning showing a (air quotes) 'huge majority' believe the Police did something to Tamara, they'll whine about me exposing Tamara and putting her full name out there, and all that."

My voice then lowered and turned somber as I said "And then you're going to see a lot of students marching and protesting Laura's presence on Campus. They may even attack the Psychology Building like they did before." (Author's note: 'Falsely Accused', Ch. 04-05.) "Their intention is to use intimidation tactics to 'cancel' Laura, and if she does not capitulate to their will and their demands, things will get ugly."

"I've already talked to the Governor." said Sheriff Griswold. "He's going to have the State Patrol riot squad come in and be ready to defend University property... and people."

"And Laura's not going to back down to those punks." Teresa said.

I said "No, she won't. And everyone knows what I will do to those punks if they go after my wife and family. So after they try with Laura, it'll be University President Wellman they go after next. He's the real target."

"Out of curiosity," Cindy said, "if President Wellman resigns or retires, who's next in line for University President?"

Sheriff Griswold growled: "The Governor and the Regents will decide that. And that's yet one more reason why this upcoming Election is so important. If Hoyt Stenson is elected Governor, he won't have the mental competence to do the job, and others will be doing his job and using him as their front man, as a prop."

"And they very well might try to install Lionel Carmela as University President." I said, finishing the line of thought. The mood of the room turned somber as everyone considered the ramifications of one of the most rabid Socialists in the Nation having full control of our University...

Part 10 - "And if I'm elected.."

5:30pm, Wednesday, October 14th. Teresa and I were wrapping up for the day.

"Is it a coincidence that all the debates were put on the same night?" Teresa asked.

"No." I said. "Sheriff Griswold told me that the Establishment Republicans and Democrats worked together with the State League of Women Voters, who run the debates, to have all of them on the same night. That'll reduce people's chances of seeing all of more than one debate. But it partially backfired in that Hoyt Stenson won't debate Sharon Marshall because people will see that he is Alzheimer's-affected. So most people will be watching Corey Coons debate Ruby Russell for Lieutenant Governor."

Teresa nodded. "Eldrick X. Weaver has refused to debate Daniel Allgood, and that pedophile Bruce Finneran cancelled out of the debate against Curly Goodwin at the last minute, literally this morning. Bill Redmond vs. Kelly Carnes doesn't interest me, so I guess I'll watch Edgar Silas against Katina Jones in the race for Reginald B.F. Lewis's Council seat."

I said "I'm DVRing most of the debates. I want to see the Ted Mason vs. Savannah Fineman debate for Solicitor, though I doubt many will watch it. And the State A.G. race between Gil Krasney and Glenn Alberts might be fun."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I went home to the Mountain Nest. Before dinner there was some business to take care of: Carole's punishment.