Consent of the Governed Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Laura had partially relented on the degree of punishment, and she and I had agreed on something more appropriate. So I had Carole come along as I took the dogs out, and we sat on the metal mesh loveseat while the canines inspected the territories and did their business.

"You get to visit Marie and she gets to visit you." I said. "It's not fair to punish her. However, I'm sure you understand that there has to be punishment for backtalking your mother."

"Yes sirrr." Carole said, not too happy about it.

"Soooo, what we're going to do... is chores." I said. "When your mom or I ask you to take out the trash, you will take out the trash. When your mom or I ask you to clean up a room especially your own, you will clean up the room. When your mom or I ask you to take the laundry to the laundry room, or fold the laundered clothes, you'll do that. And so on. And you'll do it without complaint. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sirrrr." Carole said. "Do I have to clean up Jim's room, too?"

"If you're told to." I said. "But I think I can work it out with your mom to have Jim clean up his own room..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We went to The Cabin, where we would stay overnight. Molly and the Boys were already there, Cindy and Callie brought Betsy, Paulina brought Tasha, Edward and Stephanie Steele brought Marie, and Sheriff Griswold brought bourbon whiskey.

Laura, Paulina, Stephanie, and Callie went to the downstairs TV room to talk, while the rest of us watched the debate in the front room and the kids played in the greatroom, supervised by the redoubtable Bowser and Buddy.

"Which one are we watching?" Cindy said as we settled in on the "L" shaped sofa, with me in the hardback rocking chair at the front (left) end.

"I'm easy." I said. "Whichever one you want. KXTC was going host the Finneran/Goodwin I.G. debate, but Finneran chickened out at the last moment. So they're picking up the Carnes/Redmond debate. KFXU is going with the Corey Coons/Ruby Russell Lieutenant Governor debate. PBS, which is on the University Campus, is going to show Edgar Silas vs. Katina Jones, and the Public Access channel is showing Savannah Fineman vs. Ted Mason."

"Let's watch Katina and Silas." Edward Steele exclaimed quickly, a little too quickly.

"What, you don't want to watch our fellow Charter Commission member Savannah, Edward?" I said, my grin showing I was needling him.

"They'll have that one on downstairs." Cindy said. "Paulina wants to watch it."

"I'm DVRing all of them." I said. "Sheriff, you got a preference? Besides the Buffalo Trace bourbon?"

"Har!" barked Our Sheriff, his cheeks already getting a little rosy. "I agree with Edward. I'd like to see how young Katina does against that madman Silas."

We turned it on and watched. The debate was being held in the auditorium of Booker T. Washington High School. The moderators were KXTC reporter Carl Lemay and Charter Commission member Edna Carter. I won't give all if it here, but some of the key moments.

Carl Lemay: "Mr. Silas, if you are elected, what will you do to stop Police brutality against blacks?"

Silas: "If I'm elected, I will work tirelessly to defund the Police, especially after their abuse of our people during peaceful protests this past summer. After the examples of the 'Juneteenth 20' to the 'Jacquez 200', I do not believe that anything short of the dissolution of the Town & County Police Force and their replacement with an organization devoted to peaceful Community Policing will work to protect our people from systematic Police abuse and racism."

Lemay: "Ms. Jones, do you agree that we need to defund the Police?, like Mr. Silas suggests?"

Katina had a very nice smile, and she used it even during this time as she answered: "No I do not, and in fact, I say RE-fund the Police!." Some boos cropped up, but Katina went on heedlessly: "The TCPD has not stopped any peaceful protests, only violent protests by anarchists that do not have the interests of the Black Community in mind. The TCPD protects black citizens as well as people of all other ethnicities. And incidents and abuses of the past have been cleaned up by Sheriff Griswold and Commander Troy, who don't receive nearly enough credit for the good work they've done on behalf of all of us."

Edna Carter: "Ms. Jones, if you are elected, what will be your priorities in serving this District?"

Katina: "I intend to continue the good work you and the Charter Commission did in getting good and equal education for our children. Education is the key to giving our children a chance to climb out of the chronic, grinding poverty that keeps many children of all ethnicities down. Great strides have been made, but we can do more, and I will."

Edna Carter: "Mr. Silas?"

Silas: "As I said earlier, my priority will be to defund the Police, and then I will work with Mayor Eldrick X. Weaver, who will not be cheated of his rightful win as Mayor this time..." The audience erupted into a huge round of applause, then Silas finished: "... to bring racial and economic justice to our People."

Carl Lemay: "Mr. Silas, it is widely believed that the man who truly rules this Town & County is Police Commander Donald Troy. If you are elected, will you work with him to create better relations between the Black Community and the Police, as well as the Black Community and the Town & County Government?"

"Thank you for that question, Carl." Silas said. He paused, then continued: "When I began my work on the Boards of Inquiry, I tried to keep an open mind about things. But it soon became apparent that Donald Troy is a White Nationalist, like Governor Jared who pardoned Troy in a quid pro quo arrangement. I don't intend to work with Donald Troy; I intend to get his racist ass fired!" Applause broke out among some of the audience.

Katina Jones didn't even wait to be called upon: "That is an outright lie, that Donald Troy is a racist. An outright lie. He is not. As one example, he worked hard with Mrs. Carter on the Charter Commission to bring good and equal education to our children. Mrs. Carter, did Donald Troy ever do or say anything, anything at all, that would lead you to believe he's a racist in any way? Did he?" Mrs. Carter shook her head, though obviously nonplussed to have been called upon like that.

Katina continued: "Donald Troy and Sheriff Griswold are two of the best friends the Black Community has ever had! Donald Troy stopped violent criminals, only to have the Press, especially your network, Mr. Lemay, call him a racist for doing his job and doing it well. And then a reporter from your network, Mr. Lemay, called Commander Troy's daughter hateful, racist names, apparently just for being born! But in spite of all that, Commander Troy has been very fair to the Black Community, and even helped fight racism, such as the Nathaniel Jones case, and keeping a real racist, Sergeant McCombs, from murdering a black man and his child in cold blood!"

Shockingly, there was some applause for that. Silas didn't like that, and moved quickly to counter it: "Commander Troy does not give a damn about blacks!" he shouted. "He turns a blind eye to our concerns about the racism of his Police Force! He won't even meet with Eldrick Weaver-------"

"Maybe Weaver should ask for a meeting for legitimate reasons." Katina fired back. "Again, ask the other Charter Commission members about Commander Troy's work on our behalf, putting two blacks on the Commission... yes, it was him that named them... and listening to their concerns. And Commander Troy met with me when I asked for a meeting, and he listened to my concerns."

"And where did that get you?" snarled Edgar Silas angrily. "He still went after Breonna Bryant, put her in prison! It was him and that white D.A. Walters that charged her with Felony Murder just for peacefully protesting on behalf of civil rights activist Jacquez Wilson------"

"That's another outright lie!" yelled Katina Jones. "In spite of what the racist haters of KXTC said, Jacquez Wilson was NOT a (air quotes) 'civil rights activist'! He was a drug pusher, a rapist, and a murderer. And Breonna Bryant participated in violent demonstrations to protect that rapist and murderer. It was ADA Paulina Patterson, who is black like me, that prosecuted her, and rightly so. Breonna Bryant got what was coming to her!"

I could hear some clapping for her, but that was swiftly overridden by very loud booing and even some angry catcalls and what sounded like threats. And then I saw water bottles being thrown at Katina. Edgar Silas did not look displeased at all at the imminent violence.

A moment later I got a text from Teresa Croyle: "Sergeant Carter leading a contingent of armored Officers and Deputies into the BTWHS auditorium. It was about to get bad."

I replied: "Good work. Keep it up. And escort Katina out after the debate is over." Then I said out loud: "Police and Deputies were deployed at the school."

"Good." said Edward Steele. "Maybe when people see that violence, they'll vote for Katina." He then saw me shaking my head vigorously in disagreement.

"Crowbar is right." muttered Sheriff Griswold sadly. "The Press will gin it up to say that it shows Katina is unpopular. And then the Press will say to not vote for Katina because she is (air quotes) 'out of touch' with the Black Community." I pointed at the Sheriff and nodded vigorously in agreement.

The debate was supposed to be 90 minutes, but 55 minutes into it Carl Lemay announced that the candidates would make closing statements. Katina was told to go first.

She said: "One of my heroes is Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He marched so that Blacks would have Equality of Opportunity. He marched so that black children would have the same quality education as white children. He marched so that blacks could vote freely. He marched so that blacks would be treated fairly by Police and the American Justice System. He marched for inclusion, so that blacks were treated equally with whites."

Katina: "I don't think Dr. King would like what is happening today. While there are still individual Police Officers out there who practice racism, who put their knees on the necks of black men and strangle them, who try to shoot unarmed blacks in cold blood in front of their kids, that is not the vast majority of the Police. And when good Police Officers, like Commander Donald Troy, fight against the racism, not only are they not appreciated, they are vilified by a deeply corrupt, dishonest Press that works with both political Parties to keep blacks on the 'Democrat Plantation'."

Katina: "Ask yourselves this: what has the Democrat Party done for blacks? Are you better off than you were when Dr. King marched for your rights and your freedoms? Are blacks in the cities, where Democrats rule with empty slogans and leftwing policies, any better off now?"

Katina: "And what is the Press doing to help you? All they show are people committing violence, burning down buildings. The Press shows nothing positive that black children can see and be inspired by, nothing about blacks building successful businesses or working for better education."

Katina: "I am amazed at how today's Press and Democrat Party are working so hard not for inclusion, but a new segregation of ethnicities. In Martin Luther King's time, there were separate water fountains for whites and blacks, separate hotels, separate medical facilities, separate schools. Today, the Press gleefully reports on demands to have black-only dorms on Campus, and black clubs that intentionally exclude whites. The Press does not advocate for dialogue. The Press offers no real solutions. They only want division, hate, and violence. I'm not falling for that losing way, and I hope you won't either, by voting for me for peaceful change and dialogue, not violence and hatred."

Silas: "If you think the Republicans give a damn about our People, then go ahead and vote for them. Go ahead and vote for the White Nationalists like Val Jared. Go ahead and vote for illegitimate Mayors like the racist Daniel Allgood. Go ahead and vote for a cop that carries a crowbar and beats down People of Color with it. You want the 'Plantation', with crowbars on your backs as well as whips? Then vote for this hanky-headed house negro, Katina Jones."

Silas: "But if you truly want better schools for blacks, better treatment of blacks, more Government help for blacks, then vote for the only one on this stage who will help you. Me. And vote for Eldrick X. Weaver, so that Daniel Allgood doesn't win this time either! And vote for Bruce Finneran, who served honorably with me on the Boards of Inquiry, until the racist Donald Troy used the Charter re-writing to suppress both of us from calling out Troy's racist Police brutality against People of Color..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Silas is right about one thing." growled Griswold. "Crowbar, you are the Center of the World in this County."

"I need to show Katina some support for her defending and supporting me in that debate." I replied. "That was very, very courageous of her."

Molly said "It's a sad day when speaking the Truth requires that level of courage. But that's where America is right now."

"Molly, you grew up in Canada." said Edward Steele. "What do you think of the racial issues in America today?"

Molly said "I agree with Katina, and with Don, about the Press's role in all this. No matter where one is in the world, the Press is ginning up division and hatred. In America, it's convenient for them to use race, and while there really are problems of institutional racism remaining, if the Press would work to foment dialogue and working together instead of pitting one side against another and emphasizing hatred and violence, there's no telling how much better off people of all ethnicities would be."

Molly: "But it's not just here. In Great Britain, the Press uses Immigration as a source of agitation even more than they do here in America, and their support of Radical Islam in Britain is shocking. They also promote Scottish nationalism, to try to split the United Kingdom apart. In Canada, they find other ways to attack Conservatives and promote thinly disguised Socialism, mostly by attacking the largely conservative western parts of Canada, like where Cindy and I grew up."

As she was talking, I noticed Carole going into the kitchen, then coming back and putting food on the dining room table. After getting all the food out, she was putting out the soft drinks and cups when Laura came up the stairs and called out "Carole, would you begin putting out the snacks for everyone------ oh, you already are."

"Good job, Carole." I said. To everyone I said: "Let's take a break and eat. The Sheriff needs some food to go with all that bourbon he's drinking."

"Har." the Sheriff said, his mustaches quivering in front of his rosy cheeks. "I can still drink your butt under the table, Crowbar."

"Yes you can, sir." I said jovially. "And I'm not even going to try to challenge you. But you're not driving home tonight; you'll stay here with us."

"Save some of that bourbon for me, Sheriff." Paulina said. "That debate between Ted and Savannah is going to drive me to drink, it's so mind-numbingly boring." She wasn't kidding; she began sipping the Glen Cairn glass of Buffalo Trace bourbon that the Sheriff poured for her.

"That bad, eh?" I said.

"You should watch it, though, Don." Paulina said. "The moderators's questions are almost all about one subject: you."

"That's because Daddy is the Center of the World, Aunt Paulina!" Carole said, having overheard our earlier conversation. Most of us laughed. Laura was 'not amused'.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After everyone else had gone home or gone to bed, I was still up, watching the DVRs of the other debates. Buddy was supervising with his eyes closed, and I gave him skritchins as I watched the tapes.

In the State A.G. race, the moderators made sure to ask: "What are you going to do about Donald Troy and his Police abuse of People of Color, and his control of the SBI?"

Glenn Alberts said "I'm going to work with Governor Hoyt Stenson to eliminate the SBI Reserve Inspector position, and remove Donald Troy's influence over the SBI. I also will be working with State Senator Katherine Woodburn and others to strengthen the SBI, so that it can be used to control local law enforcement agencies and stop oppressive arrests and prosecutions of blacks."

Gil Krasney said "You keep asking about Donald Troy as if he's the Center of the World. I've dealt with Commander Troy before, and while he's one hell of a good Detective, I stood up to him on several occasions when he was overzealous in his actions. As long as he sticks to doing his job in his County, I'll have no problem with him. But if he gets overzealous, or if he supports White Nationalists like Val Jared and Sharon Marshall, I'll be right there in his face."

Moderator: "Mr. Alberts, current Town & County D.A. Miriam Walters prosecuted a young black woman for Felony Murder, just for peacefully protesting Police abuses of People of Color. Would you have prosecuted Breonna Bryant for Felony Murder?"

Alberts: "No, I would not have prosecuted Ms. Bryant at all, and as your next State A.G. I will work to free her from prison. I also need to point out that it was Paulina Patterson, Donald Troy's lover and the mother of one of his four illegitimate children, that prosecuted Breonna Bryant for Felony Murder. I blame Donald Troy for that unreasonable prosecution."

The Lieutenant Governor debate was almost a repeat of the Katina Jones/Edgar Silas debate. Corey Coons repeatedly pounded the defund the Police mantra, promised to get Breonna Bryant pardoned, and promised a 'green energy' Budget that would spend over twice as much as any State Budget ever had before.

But Ruby Russell's performance was shocking. "I will undo the damage done by Val Jared and his racist policies. I will support hardworking Undocumented Workers, I will welcome Undocumented Workers into our State, and I will do everything in my power to end Donald Troy's reign of terror in the Town & County! I will reach across the aisle and work with State Senator Woodburn to strengthen the SBI, and enforce its dominance over ALL local law enforcement, especially that of Commander Donald Troy's TCPD..."

Part 11 - Setting The Example

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette from the KXTC anchor desk at 7:00am, Thursday, October 15th. "Sparks fly in several of last night's debates!"

After the hard-charging music intro, Bettina began: "Civil rights leaders are demanding that Republican Katina Jones drop out of the race for the Council seat being vacated by Reginald B.F. Lewis after several inflammatory remarks she made during last night's debate with her heavily favored opponent Edgar Silas!"

Bettina: "Ms. Jones had to be escorted out of the BTW High School auditorium by Police and Sheriff Deputies after she made insensitive and incendiary comments, including saying that peaceful protester Breonna Bryant, quote, 'got what was coming to her', close quote." As she spoke, video of Katina Jones being escorted out was shown.

Bettina: "Ms. Jones also called civil rights leader Jacquez Wilson a rapist and murderer. Mr. Wilson was killed in an explosion that also took the life of our colleague Lester Holder, and had been a voice of Black Resistance to White Police oppression and brutality." (Author's note: 'Consequences', Ch. 04.) "Other civil rights leaders are calling for Ms. Jones to end her candidacy. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, first showing Edgar Silas saying "It was embarrassing being on the same stage with that... that... Republican tool of The Man."