All Comments on 'Continental Divide'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 234 Comments
oshawoshawabout 10 years ago

What an awesome story. I've enjoyed all your work and this is a great story.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
ONE CAN ALWAYS ERECT A BRIDGE

over a chasm if two can help its better, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
First Class

A Sterling little tale. It shows Lit has some great writers. Count yourself among that group.

Even though you have only been writing for a year, I look forward to your work.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 10 years ago
Finally

A real Loving Wives story! It's been awhile. Seriously, probably more a Romance tale category-wise, but I liked it just the same.

FullCircle56FullCircle56about 10 years ago
Great Story

Enough said. 5 stars

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Excellent

Communication. This fine tale shows how a lack of communication can destroy a marriage. Just a simple dialogue reunited the loving, confused couple forever. Great tale. One thing. I'm not one hundred percent sure but I believe the Mark V was not around in 1960. Just FYI. Continue the tremendous work.

Five Stars

Sid0604Sid0604about 10 years ago
Another good one...

Another good story from you and I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
She was a cheat

It took her 3 dates to figure out she loved her husband? She had to sample other mens company first She was tempted to cheat? Fuck, she was still married and disrespected him by going out on those dates.

She didn't cheat, bullshit

1

dmhackdmhackabout 10 years ago
She was a cheat?

I'd hate to be you, anon, if you think she cheated by going on three dates.

Bitter much?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Fantastic story! As for being a cheat? How does going for dinner make her a cheat?

Cheating involves physical intimacy not thinking about it.

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago
Breath of fresh air

A story like this is a breath of fresh air. The stories that have come out lately haven't really been up to par and I was beginning to think that this site wasn't going to produce any more good ones. I'm glad to see that I was wrong.

hebert100hebert100about 10 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for a wonderful story to drink my morning coffee with. really nice to start with such an uplifting story

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 10 years ago
Importance in life

First cars, a favorite pair of really comfortable shoes, a special ugly tie, the girl you really love; all of these are vital to the memories of life. Thanks for the story Laptop; it's a good one.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Just Wonderful!

I never saw the twist coming!

Great touch, having his Dad's car bring them back together.

SingleDad1234SingleDad1234about 10 years ago
Different but very enjoyable

Excellent writing and a breath of fresh air. Keep up the good writing!

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 10 years ago
Very nice

Well told story of reconciliation. I loved the ending when it turned out to be his Dad's car.

EngineCo1EngineCo1about 10 years ago
Thank You

Thanks for giving us a story that makes us feel good. The BTB stories are good for a while, but they get old, and the cuck stories, well, I really don't know what to say about them? Anyway, this could be applied to just about anyone's marriage just in different degrees. We all have ups and downs, but if you really, really love your spouse, it takes work, commitment, and a whole lot of understanding and patience.

Thanks for the great story, for taking the time to entertain us, and for maybe that one couple, making them think just a bit before jumping off the cliff.

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Great tale!

This is one of the best. Lack of communication can destroy a marriage. I've seen it happen with some friends of ours. Luckily, it turned out for them similar to how it turned out for the couple in this tale. They FINALLY got their act together and actually talked out their differences.

This was both a cautionary and feel-good tale rolled into one. Outstanding job, LTW!

5 HUGE Stars!

TellataleTellataleabout 10 years ago
Great story

Congrats -a 5 we'll earned

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 10 years ago
Nice story.

A thoughtful, well written slice of life that demonstrated what can happen when two intelligent people actually listen to each other and discuss their true feelings. Thanks for the hard work.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Good to see ...

A small tale about the pitfalls that was well done.

The little piece on the end was a good touch.

Thx!

gt_readergt_readerabout 10 years ago
6 stars

I would love to give you 6 stars if it were possible. A great story with a delightful twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thanks for this!

This was a truly uplifting and well written story. I usually come to this section of Literotica for the sex, but this story made me feel great in a different way. I'm currently split up from my girlfriend, and a good part of the reason is that I never made it clear to her how I really felt for her. She finally got tired of my holding back my true feelings. Hopefully, after giving her time to cool off, I can win her heart back. Thanks again for a terrific story!

snakes454snakes454about 10 years ago
great story

Of course all he had to do was remind her that she wasn't a mechanic and wouldn't be able to afford to pay one every time the Ford product broke down.

Seriously that was a great story. Its refreshing to see a true loving wife. 5 stars.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 10 years ago
5*+

That story made my day! Cheered my heat! Thank you!

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Fine piece of work!

The underlying message being that just obeying the rules is not enough. You have to want something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
4*s

LTW keep pushing the envelope. This is one of only three stories I can remember

without infidelity, basis for a divorce. And a feel good ending , too.

Excellent !

AMerryMan

DWornockDWornockabout 10 years ago
Nice story!

I felt it was good and original enough to give it 5 stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

Very touching. Five stars.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Excellent

A nice change from the usual heartbreak ride to hell story! Thanks!

FlavianFlavianabout 10 years ago
Great

What a loving story. Thanks for another really great writing effort.

McMahonSMcMahonSabout 10 years ago
First Class

As they say in the Royal Navy when performance could not be bettered, "up to standard". Well done laptopwriter.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 10 years ago
Good story

Nicely put together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wll done

Personally I didn't care for the sappy ending. Being his Dads car was an unnecessary addition, and he thinks his father's ghost wanted hm to buy the car, or was it the spirit of the Continental. Either way, a weak story element.

Otherwise good

katranmankatranmanabout 10 years ago
Refreshing

A wonderful change of pace for you and the LW category. Very well done, easily 5 stars.

svg1svg1about 10 years ago
5 Stars

Excellent and thought provoking. A good marriage needs to be maintained.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 10 years ago
A refreshing change

I can't find fault with this story. Well written and well thought out. Thanks for sharing!!

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Very Neat And Sweet*****

Some mushy good writing. Very enjoyable story. Thanks for sharing.

NorbertrichardNorbertrichardabout 10 years ago
Great Story

Very Enjoyable read Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
nice tale

this was a nice tale. no line in the sand that could not be crossed . just two

people who lost their way in life. there is no book or rules to marriage.

it is different for every couple. it`s sad the way people act after marriage

vows are said and time passes . a little act of kindness to your mate goes a

long way. this tale reminds readers of that. do something for your mate that

you do not to do. flowers, out to eat, candy works great

greowulfgreowulfabout 10 years ago
Hope they don't have kids

BVery good story. I do hope they don't have kids, though. If their relationship barely survived the boredom of a few years, the passion killer known as children would destroy it.

carvohicarvohiabout 10 years ago
Superb!

I loved this story; a five all the way through, and it wasn't a Mustang!

That's again. Really great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
No complaints

A lovely story with a truly happy ending. Sweet but not cloying. Very well done.

Cog

reasonablemanreasonablemanabout 10 years ago
Great story! 5* Thanks for your work!

I love a happy ending and this felt real. It is clear that you put a lot of thought and work into this one with no wasted words. As in most cases, there is fault on both sides. I loved the way the wife used the car to help both of them remember what was important in their relationship. Nice message to all of your readers about not taking your partner for granted. I knew you were a great writer and this one really works. This one belongs in the Hall of Fame. Thanks.

BTTapBTTapabout 10 years ago
5 stars

I really liked this one. Sweet without being too sappy. Very good concept and execution.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 10 years ago
A very, very good story...

... Not very realistic, with the love conquering all theme, but a well written story, nonetheless.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 10 years ago
A nice change!

To see a couple reconcile instead of splitting up. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
top story

thanks for the change. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
:-)

A little sappy, but nice that they hadn't cheated and were able to rediscover the love.

LadyVerLadyVeralmost 10 years ago
Great LW story

I feel like I've hit the jackpot today with LW stories. Neither story I read was a burn the bitch or bastard story. Yay! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

A first rate enjoyable fun story to read. No wild outrageous sex needed.

George in Omaha

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
DIVIDE AND CONQUER

stay together and conquer the little world we live in, TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
A beautiful story

I got to the VIN number about one line before yu did LOL -

Awesome ending -- touching tale.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 10 years ago
Another one

Another great story. I am beginning to suspect that you are simply a good writer...

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
It wasn't too late

and they hadn't yet done anything stupid.

nice finish to a good story.

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatover 9 years ago
Rarely give a 5

But you earned it, bravo. Hopefully, I can make something as good one day ^.^

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I rarely give 1* , but you earned it.

Boring and talentless.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE ONLY DIVIDE IS IN THEIR MEMORIES

and inability to recall them, TK U MJ LV NV

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Well deserved five stars.

Obviously, you are extremely talented and you are gracious to share those talents on this site and it is certainly appreciated by most on this site. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
simply beautiful

refreshing story .

worthy of 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
OK, I am crying.....

I don't have the words for this.

So , I want to say thank you.

RB

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 9 years ago
Not the 'good guy'....

...TWO 'good guys' win! Fresh writing, very imaginative! Thanks!

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
well done

When you're one of the lucky ones and have found somone who TRULY shares your love, don't let it slip away.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
AND STILL WE WONDER

why the super-natural is so strange. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nice story but....

I think they got divorced. I think her going out with three different guys would have been all he needed to know about the fact that she had MOVED on. Not that she was moving on. I don't see them having the meeting over the car. It (the car) was simply an asset in their marriage and would have been divided by either their attorneys in a settlement hearing or by the Court. If he or she couldn't give up something in trade for the value of the car (like some of the equity in the house) then the Court would have ordered the car sold and the profits divided equally. So I don't see them sitting down for this little meeting in the first place. By the time they were that far into the divorce process people aren't getting together like they did. They're letting their attorneys handle it because feelings and nerves are frayed and raw and they don't want to have anything to do with one another. So while your story was fairly well written, it was impossibly unbelievable, even for fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
****

Very good writing and story. It fits the category of romance better, but author's choice. Thank you, ltw. Cheers! c29

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
I liked the story

and the fact that the car was the "hook" of the story. Sometimes people talk about things they should think about before they speak. Evidently the wife felt entitled to tell her husband that he was boring and that she wanted a divorce. After the process was started she dated three different men, saying she didn't sleep with any of them. We have to trust the author that this was the truth. I am sure that this would have been a contention for the husband and rightly so. It did appear that she was moving on with her life, but realistically all a woman has to do is go along with it when a man asks her out, not much effort on her part. But a man has to ask a woman out and if you are in a depressed state over an out of the blue divorce because you are boring, well, it's hard to get up for asking someone out. I can see him not dating, but her doing it. Her good friends probably actually set her up on the dates.

The story was written well, seemed kind of contrived to get the husband back, but not unrealistically so. If they are happy and she didn't ever actually show disrespect for him or humiliate him, then more power to them. Relationships get sideways sometimes and it takes work to put them back on track, sometimes the one who broke the relationship is the one who most wants it back together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A 20+

Another winner.

movermoveralmost 9 years ago
Who gets the dog?

Old George Jones and Tammy Wynette song.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Re-Reading

I had forgotten the ending - just wow (wipes tear from eye)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Reflects the culture of our time.

Bored? Divorce. A shallow valueless culture that throws things away rather than fixing them. This was a fun and uplifting story of two who didn't stop communicating, didn't stop answering the phone or shutting each other down. As they age and maybe have children there will be lots of stress to quit, or at least stray. Nice reconnection, but the future is full of obstacles and temptations. This actually could be a series.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Minor Nit-Pick

"I mean in lieu of the way you feel about me now" - "in lieu of" means "in the place of". I think you meant "in VIEW of".

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Another Minor Nit-Pick

Even if they hadn't been in the house that long, the down payment ALONE would probably have been more than 10-15 thousand dollars, so unless there was a big housing market crash, their equity would been more than that!

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
"Big Yellow Taxi"

"'you don't know what you have until you lose it.'" - Minor point, and maybe I'm just too hung up on Joni Mitchell's "Big Yellow Taxi", but I always thought that the expression was "you don't know what you've got ‘til it's gone"!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
So due to some sex they reconcile?

Did he not listen to her? She's been dating other men. You really think she's not sleeping with one or two of them? This poor smuck is dumber than a stump. Ownership of the car never would have been in question. The division of assets would have been over long ago, handled by the attorneys. No way he would have had to drag his sorry ass over to the house to discuss something like that. This was just poorly thought out and badly done. They got divorced and went their separate ways. Over and done with.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
@ Anonymous 04/02/16

Thank you for rewriting a perfectly nice and well written story,you have "talent" i have to say --- NOT

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Tremendous Tale.

Makes you think. Of all he problems couples have in thinking about divorce these fine people here realized it was just a minor bump in the road. When fixed it leads to a happy and loving marriage . Excellent. We should all be this lucky.

heydog52heydog52almost 8 years ago
A GREAT TALE

Thanks for this story. I just finished a series of stories written by another offer. The writing was great, but the stories were very depressing. I needed a light, positive, feel good story. I look forward to your future works.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Dang.

I gave it a rare 5.

Wonderful story!

christmas_apechristmas_apealmost 8 years ago

an instant classic. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great job.

What a way to start my day --- with a big smile. Great to see BOTH sides won. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yup, great story 5*

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Happy

I had tears of happiness running down my face. Thank you for writing this story and all the others!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
NOTHING HIGHER ON THE SCALE?

Damn, I'd have liked to rate this one somewhere around a 12 or 13. I can imagine how a couple could get into a rut after a while and lose appreciation for one another. But to see the love endure and be jealously guarded is something special. I love the story and the characters. Alright, I found this story under btb but I'm glad I read it. The wife in this instance got just what she deserved, a committed, loving marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I would of sold the car before giving it to her, and then got the divorce.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
Very nice.

Sweet loving wife story without all the drama.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very good story

Reconciliation made a lot of sense. Very believable. No Raac where the husband has to accept a lying cheating manipulative wife back into his life (see The Fourth Man). Those types of stories drive me nuts, but this one was awesome.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
A Delightful Little Romance....

....and a cute little wrinkle at the end. Thanks for another fun read!

MaFreplerMaFrepleralmost 7 years ago
Solid

Well written, good characters, and a nice twist at the end.

notredame43notredame43almost 7 years ago
not bad at all

that's how you write a great lw story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Reading Yet Again

“I started going over to Audrey's all the time so I wouldn't have to deal with our marriage being in trouble” – So, SHE was the one who didn’t want to deal with the problems, so why is she so insistent that he declare first?

@Old Anonymous Re: “She was a cheat” - Yes, she went on three dates. They were divorcing; it’s not stated explicitly, but they were probably legally separated. He could have (maybe he did, was never stated) dated if he wanted to!

@Old Anonymous Re: “Due to some sex” – You’ve got it backwards, they reconciled so they had sex. Since the story says she didn’t, she didn’t. And the word is “schmuck!”

@Old Anonymous Re: "Nice story but" - The three dates had nothing to do with him getting a divorce. They were ALREADY getting divorced! As far as the car being an asset, HE already addressed that! He assumed he would be getting it so didn't have it declared as a marital asset.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I like these kind of stories

I like these kind of stories and you get a great job stories with happy endings while some of the stories I read the ones with the wife of the husband cheats And they get back together work it out some of the stories I think I'm glad they got back and I'm glad that there was reconciliation but in some of the stories where there was ReconciliationI was like fuck you wife or husband depending on Who cheated because it fuck you I don't want to be with you anymore because you cheated

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
While a good RAAC can be entertaining

In this case it wasn't. In the first place, given the level of animosity involved in even a "reasonable" divorce, I don't think they get together to discuss a car. At the end of the day it's a car. The lawyers would have worked through who got it. Or whether or not it would be sold and the profits split. After all, it's just a car and can be replaced. I think the divorce went through. Didn't like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very nice

Another great one. I love not being pissed off at the end of the story. I feel fortunate to have found you. Thank you

mower9527mower9527almost 7 years ago
nothing wrong with a happy ending

i agree with anon's comment "I love not being pissed off at the end of a story". thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
On all cylinders

Nice story--she saw that the car represented the great times in their marriage. The emotional investment in the car was also emotional investment in their marriage, for both of them.

NewEndingsNewEndingsover 6 years ago
Sweet story.

I really liked this story. It is kind of a refreshing change from the usual fare. It reminds me of the old Olivia Newton John with lyrics that said: "You never miss a real good thing, till they say goodbye." I also like the clever title, which is perfect for the story. Good job laptopwriter. Don't know why it took me so long to find it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
great again

I enjoyed the story even more the second time. Thank you

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

Excellent story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous