All Comments on 'Continuing On with My Life'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
PArebelPArebelalmost 18 years ago
Very nice

A sweet and enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Darn nice story DG

I don't know how you write such good stories, time and time again. Again a great read.

with the highest regards

An avid fan

cageyteecageyteealmost 18 years ago
Anyone who remembers Mr. Ed

is O.K. in my book!

When it's you and you provide an entertaining story for us to read, it's even better.

Thanks once again for sharing.

cageytee

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
WILBUR !!!!! another good one

DG

I know I comne across as an obnoxiousness loud mouth jerk sometimes but your stories are REALLY great.... the underlying theme -- the way you take adversity and use it in a positive way to build a better life is just so great... and endearing and heartfelt

Yes LIFE is often good and when it isnst it can be again if we stick with it. All storms have endings and all sunny days sometimes have storms.

This was just BULLY!!!

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Good story as always from DG

Great story and the background set everything in motion with such great character developement and flow.

Thanks for the entertainment.

gizzmo301gizzmo301almost 18 years ago
good

another great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I afraid I have to go along with cageytee!

But I guess I'll get over it. Mr. Ed! Bah! Humbug!

DG, I have to give you the highest accolade I can give: you have matured into a real story-teller! You always write about real life in the engaging ways.

I really liked the emotions here, particularly with the girl asking him if she could call him 'daddy'.

Even the early part with the wife seemed so believable, like a true story. It was a little sad, but life is like that sometimes.

A ture love story! Great job, DG.

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A wonderful

and sweet story. I very much enjoyed it.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
Great story

A story like this gives all of us old codgers hope!!!

Boy, just having a cook as good as Kim would sure take care of many of my problems. You didn't mention how well she was with wifely "duties". Rachel sounds like a wonderful little girl. Like her mom.

A really heart warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Another good one

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
PATHETIC

Same storyline that you've written in the past just different character names. 1.Beloved wife dies 2.Husband mourns but wait husband cheated on wife during marriage.3.Wife finds out and is upset and the sex they do have isn't filled with love(well gee I wonder why) but of coarse everyone thinks it was a beautiful story even though if the roles were reversed she would need to die and end up in the gutter, oh my god did I just say there was a double standard here, uh yeah I did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Dr Pathetic-Braying in an Buffalo Herd Isn't Heard

as the diminuative single whinner (so far) you are better roller skating in it (oh never mind). You are entitled to your off base opinion as worthlessly constructive as it wasn't. Hmmmm Anyway - -

Author sorry for the outburst but we know how shy you are about such things - so sometimes one of us will take up the glove - slap it about or something.

A warm tender story about three bears and - no thats not it. A life like portrayal of people dealing with the possibles delt. Yes - approaching Story Teller Status.

Good Work Author - Don't Change a Thing again!

With Very High Regard

DG HearDG Hearalmost 18 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

Thank you for the comments on my stories. Many readers ask me why I don't delete some of the derogatory comments. The main reason is so other readers can see what writers put up with. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. I respect that. What I don't understand is why a person would read an authors story who they don't like. Then complain about it, time and time again.

With all due respect to the readers of my stories. I'm not going to change my thinking. I will continue to write what I feel. So if my stories are not to your liking, than move on to the stories that strike your fancy. If you want to torture yourself and read my submissions, and then take the time to comment. I will leave it posted unless you knock my editors. That's a no-no. You will be deleted.

Again thank you all for your comments, we writers write for that reason, (Damn, I called myself a writer, sorry about that)

With Respect of the readers

DG Hear.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
good story

DG Hear I like all of your stories so far , keep up the writing and I will continue to read them

Mike

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 18 years ago
Thanks

DG,

Thanks for another fine story. I must admit I like the romantic ones better than the cheating wives but I do read anything you write. You have become a true "story teller". Be proud and I'll just wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
encouraging story

To an old crock like myself, I thought this was a wonderful story. Many stories start out well and die at the end. This one started out poorly with husband cheating and he and his wife having a cold, unemotional marriage after his cheating , but the last part of the story was very heartwarming and filled with familial love. Nice comeback after a drab beginning. 60 year old George

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
Good Story!

I like cheating wife revenge stories as a general rule, but a warm romantic story gets to me quite often. This was such a story and had me all warm and fuzzy. (Now there is an image you would have to see to believe) Ed made his mistakes and paid the price for them. He had lost his wife even before she died. Oh, he had part of her, but not the entire package he had before she caught him cheating. He deserved to pay that price as all cheaters should.

BUT, it looks like he found happiness with Kim and that created a very warm and tender story. Bravo.

There is one sour spot in the whole story though that I feel I need to mention. The treatment of Kim in the concocted story of Ed going to ask his girlfriend to marry him is the sour spot.

It was in fact cruel. It had her in tears and wondering how she was going to live without this man whom she had already confessed she loved to her "friend" Molly. Why would Ed and Molly ever come up with this plan? It was hurtful and the whole episode was out of tune with the warm romantic tone of this story.

I wish you had left that part out of this story. Surprises are fun, but when they cause pain they aren't so much fun anymore. This one caused pain, if only for a few minutes, but real pain none the less.

Thank you for the overall warm story. This one point doesn't in any way override the romantic feelings but it could have been even better.

Your efforts are always appreciated DG

Charleybear

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
Heart-warming !!!

To an old fart like me, this was a truly wonderful story. After 33 years of a, not altogether, happy marriage our “hero” gets a second chance to love and cherish a wonderful woman. A heart-warming tale filled with loving characters. DG, you never fail to hit the mark, well done! I agree however with Charleybear, telling Kim that Ed was going to ask his girlfriend to marry him was a hurtful, cruel joke and “out of tune with the warm romantic tone of this story”. Never mind DG, you can’t always fully please even your most biased fans! Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
One Of The Best

We need more stories like this one that have a good heart.Too many of the stories posted in this site are just plain mean.Keep them comming,maybe more authors will follow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I have to agree

DG You are a good writter. Probably the most loved on lit. But I have read this story from you many times over. It reads like a template, you are better than this. The others may love to read the same plot line over and over, but you seem to be making a carreer of this one. Please consider this friendly critizism, you have proven to be a better author.

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
still the best

DG i read this 2 times i still cry and laugh when i read it i hope you write more of these stories its better than those Loving wifes stories

Atlanta,Ga

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 17 years ago
Outstanding !

Damn, I have to quit reading your stuff at work. I'm crying like a baby. You are one of the best.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
Still the best Story

I have read this story three times and it is still the greatest story the Mr.Ed part was great i used to watch that show alot i wished you had continued with the story based on Kim and the family and Kim having the babies it would have been so great to read about.Plus it makes me laugh and cry when i read this story.

Pat

BigFtHunterBigFtHunteralmost 16 years ago
Sometimes it great to have memory problems.

You can read stuff like this twice and not realize you have already read it before until the end. LOL

northlandernorthlanderover 15 years ago
DG You did it again

DG. Another great story, dealing with real people with real feelings and fears, rather than the far fetched plots that we see in many of the stories on Literotica.During my life I have seen many triumph over adversity. Life isn't guaranteed to be fair, people do stupid things, the only perfect man was crucified for it. It isn't what life does with you, it is what you do with life. Keep up the stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yes, life is

great

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Great story DG

I loved your story. I only have one concern. And it has nothing to do with the story. It is personal. The hubby wanted to go first. I dont, I want my wife of 46 years to go first. The insurance industry tells me that that probably won't happen. But what I worry about is her being here by herself. And I can not help her. As I get older that feeling gets stronger. Sorry about my digress. If life were perfect I would move to "Aspen Grove". Thanks for the great read. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nicely done.

A very nice story, sweet and tender.

Please keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good,very good

awesome,must have lived at least part of the story......

TXanyTXanyabout 11 years ago
Last paragraph earned the "fives"

This thing is so old that the older comments aren't even stored. However, I wondered why the average was so high...after reading the story it was good...until the last paragraph and I realized you had hooked us readers so hard we couldn't not give you a five!

Jim44444Jim44444almost 11 years ago
A great story

I occasionally read one of your older stories because you are such a great writer. I am usually as pleased as I am with this tale. You provided a new twist to an often overworked plot line. I only have one serious complaint, since when is 53 'elderly'?

Any 53 year old man who considers himself old has his head up his ass. If he is not taking care of his body then he is a pathetic lazy fool just like a 30 year old with the same attitude. Why would you perpetuate this ageist bullshit?

Thanks for writing a five star story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Excellent

A heartwarming tale. It's great to read a happy ending for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cute

Cute

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
very good

I really enjoyed the story espically the part about the eldry gentleman and Ed told his son he should turn him over his knee.

Well was it a brother or sister for Rachel.

It was such a good story that it deserves a sequel just as good if not bette.

Ron Texas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Since I have enjoyed

reading almost everything you have written we could agree that I'm not a critic of your writing. That said, this very nice story read a little stiff and not as easy and smooth as some of your work. Sweet tale anyway. Scotty

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
a very good story of love

age is no barrier to love and they were good for each other...and the business will gro and grow.....bet they do their own catering for the wedding....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why stay married?

He had the affair when they had been married 26 years. The kids would have been in their late teens at least. Why continue in a loveless marriage? She just tormented him for 8 years. Any wife who won't give blowjobs deserves to be cheated on by her husband. If she had been giving him blowjobs he never would have cheated on her! The wife should have just divorce him and died alone 8 years later.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Second reading

A most enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Cute Little Story

Enjoyed it quite a lot.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 5 years ago
YES!!!

Thank you so much for a nice gentle love story. Just exactly what I needed to read at this moment in time. I lost my wife of 44 yrs to the Big "C" almost 3 yrs ago but still think of her constantly. I am alone and lonely and have thought about getting a housekeeper or maybe finding a homeless person (with kids okay) that needed a lift up in life. I am not thinking of a love life (I'm 72) but helping someone out of a bad situation seems do-able to me. I have discussed this with my children but they say I must be very cautious about opening my empty house up to strangers. Just saying and thinking. Anyhow very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I can understand why he cheated on his wife!

If the bitch won’t suck your cock routinely then you are allowed to look else for blow jobs!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
good story...

editing misspellings, malapropisms would have made it better.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 4 years ago
Good

I normally don't go for these type of stories. I throughly enjoyed this story. Since my spelling and grammar suck and the story was free it meet all of my needs. Some people just need something to bitcbb about. Anom direct me toward your writing. Maybe I can pick fly shit out of pepper.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
If

If Kim was that busy,she would be booked for weeks in advance,so to tell her not to take bookings for next week is rubbish,like wise getting married two weeks after the family restaurant meeting.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 3 years ago
Another happy ending

I am off to bed now, a smile on my face. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A really great story by a really good writer. Thank you for this gift!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
If

If she was that busy with parties,she would have been booked up the next week.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, hope Kim has twins!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, enjoyed it just as much the third time as the first. Thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A home-run with a proper ending! A masterpiece story! Please ask Literotica to extend their rating scale at least to eight.

Thanks a lot. This is a story to return to again and again, especially if and when you need a little picker upper. If you have had a good day, a new reading of this story will make you day (or night) even better. If you had a bad day, your reading will smooth things out and fill you with renewed hope, confidence and happiness.

BJ

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a great second chance love story. He had cheated on his first wife early on and paid the price for 30 plus years. He now had an opportunity at being happy and have a family again by marrying Rachael which gave him that opportunity. Well written. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When she says, darling we have to talk... Then she says, "daddy put two buns in mommy's oven at the same time"! Wonderful story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You have given me hope. Thanks.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60almost 2 years ago

Well this story hit pretty close to home as I'm older than dirt, and live alone. It certainly works for me! Well done.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 2 years ago

Snow on the roof but a fire in the stove, go daddy go daddy

jenellesljenelleslover 1 year ago

twenty years isn't bad. My mom was 17 years younger than Dad. My sister-in-law is 14 years younger than my brother. I robbed the cradle, my wife was 6 months younger than me. She died recently after 57 1/2 years. 20 years younger than me is 57, so same age as my kids.

This story gives me some things to consider.

I do love happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I really enjoyed this story and loved the happy family ending...!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

just when i think i've read every kind of story you've written so far ,you surprise me again . just more proof that love can happen at any time regardless of age .

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well, I believe this is my 4th read - still love it. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5697 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...