All Comments on 'Conversation – Anne'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 117 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story but a little more indignation on his part would have been more true to life, imo. He had just cause to be resentful about her attempts to keep him tied to a cheating wife. Of course, those feelings would have been tempered by the news that she was the informant who wrote to him about the affair. It's also more than a little bit creepy to be told someone has had you under surveillance, nothing matter what motivated it. She could have just called and asked him to have lunch with her. Over the meal, she could have learned whether he was dating anyone and assessed how well an invitation to dating would be received. That would have been honest and straightforward.

Ocker53Ocker53over 1 year ago

I enjoyed this immensely ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Chimo1961Chimo1961over 1 year ago

I love a bold woman who takes care of business

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love the way you paint a story with your words.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 1 year ago
Little To Add

... to the comments below. Thanks to jmmj5 for an interesting, unique, well written story.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Five stars, without a doubt! A very nice story, very well written and certainly well told. Thanks for sharing,

jmmj5.

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

5 stars - I still like this story even the second time.

I did meet a woman just that determined and straight forward, BUT 10 years too late.

More importantly, I was confronted with the same choice my father had and suffered through the consequences of his BAD choice to divorce my mother and abandon his 3 children. I refused to abandon my children and sacrificed my happiness so they could have a mostly normal childhood. Here I sit at 75 and still think I made the right choice - our 4 children have multiplied into 10 grandchildren - who all love me. I spend most of my time trying to make sure my grandchildren have happy memories of the time they spent with me. What more can a man ask for?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Second time reading. Enjoyed it even more. This is about as good as it gets for a “conversation” type story. Just perfect.

.

I like to think they give it a go and succeed. I can just envision Stacy’s reaction 😎

.

5 *****

BlueEyd2BlueEyd27 months ago

Great job, thanks for sharing!!!!

LoejtcLoejtc5 months ago

I’ve been a LW reader for years. This is the first time I’ve ever suggested a sequel. I would thoroughly enjoy a story about Stacy when she learns about Jim and Anne’s six month old romance, their trips to Spain and Morocco and that she is moving into his home.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was great. Ann came off so cute. Sounds like she's a keeper. Further, she already knows the agony of being cheated on so the likelihood of her being like Stacey is non-existent.

I also really like 'Christmas in the Woods'. The women he writes are always deliciously voluptuous lol.

Great story man. 5 stars for sure

Beardog325Beardog3254 months ago

I started this with low expectations but I was pleasantly surprised this was such an enjoyable read!! I think this will definitely be a reread now. Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good one, jmmj, I really liked this story. I certainly wasn’t expecting it to go the direction you took it, but it was definitely a great twist. As Anne approached Jim in the grocery store I thought she was his ex-wife and it seemed like trouble was about to happen. Thanks for taking it in a whole ‘nother direction. Definitely a Five star effort.

D

DazzyDDazzyD3 months ago

5 from me,! Good stuff…

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

i would have given it a set of fives 5&5

bacchant2bacchant2about 1 month ago

Fantastic, very uplifting. Hope your still writing.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Lovely story! Certainly didn't see it going the way it did but I'm glad it did. Five stars.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...