All Comments on 'Conversation – Anne'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 117 Comments
Baldy74Baldy74about 2 years ago

Really nice story, I hope they make it!

I'm betting the ex wife's reaction when she finds out about them wont be a happy one!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

It was a lovely romantic story.

My problem is that of Anne.

She's Stacy's best friend and -- I don't trust what she told Jim is all truth.

All her actions scream desperate MANIPULATION to me.

A 51-year old divorced woman trying to desperately grab hold on a good man who has good things in life.

Better GRAB this one than a cat or two as companion onwards on.

With what Jim has now, he could have a pick on a number of late 30s year old single woman for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good one. Slow build and nice open ending.

FredHuckFredHuckabout 2 years ago

Very uplifting and well written story...

Nice to read about these two getting together after the heartaches they had been through...

5 🌟s

FH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very well done, in all respects. Thank you. *****

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 years ago

“Speak softly and carry a big stick.” - T.R.

.

Understated with maximum impact. A pleasure to read a piece so tightly executed. Thank you.

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

A well told story with a completely new approach. Came across well. Good work!

Slick742Slick742about 2 years ago

loved it. very believable and entertaining. thanks...SK742

amygdalaamygdalaabout 2 years ago

In principle I always think that the Ex’s family and close friends are a no go, except maybe the extra curvy 2nd cousin 😈 but if there are 2 people who should give it the old college try its this couple.

Omegaman56Omegaman56about 2 years ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Really good story - makes me wonder how many times something like this happens where close friends of divorced spouses decide to fill that gap. Not really a complaint, especially since I don't regularly troll that genre, but this clearly belonged in the Romance section. 5*

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 2 years ago

Nicely done. Reading this was a great way to start the day.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 2 years ago

Story doesn't need comments - I felt warm at the end of the story! Thank you - I needed that!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 years ago

A bit more than a mere conversation - Jimbo’s oral ministrations certainly transcended verbal discourse! But as he mused: “maybe actions do speak louder than words”

.

And speaking of nonverbal cues, why is the smell of bacon in the morning such a subtly powerful aphrodisiac? I guess the stomach-heart link really does exist. Or maybe more appropriately it’s the stomach-loins!?

.

What a powerful and attractive heroine you’ve created in Anne. What a dramatic turn of fortune for Jim. How can you help not pulling for them to make it to Spain and beyond?

.

A very enjoyable ‘conversation’ indeed. Thanks very much.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 years ago

Very pleasant story. Well done. 5 stars

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 2 years ago

Wow that was a great read very realistic. Well written good characters excellent Plot development

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yes, a refreshing feel good story that was very well written. 5 stars. Thanks!

jamesapplejamesappleabout 2 years ago

I liked this a lot. Very sweet. Probably belongs in romance because that was romance at its finest. Well done.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Good romantic ending

SkubabillSkubabillabout 2 years ago

an excellent and ver pleasant read five stars.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 2 years ago
Great Story

I liked this story. I think it would fit better in Romance, but understand the LW connection as well.

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

Thought it was very well done, well put together. Enjoyed it.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956about 2 years ago

Good story. Really enjoyed it.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

Not too bad but seems unfinished..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

See how easy this was? No dom/sub garbage. No cuckold crap. No racist black megamonster shaming a wimpy white husband's two inch twig! Just the category of Loving Wives as it can be, as it should be. All these other things belong in other categories. Thanks jmmj5 for restoring some credibility to Loving Wives. 5🌟 - TANSTAAFL

BrentJWBrentJWabout 2 years ago

Good story. The tiniest of plot holes is their long conversation in the store after he pulled the ice cream. I’d be headin for the check out pronto, get out of my way! Lol. Jim correctly saw through her deviousness and called her a devious minx but I would have been very curious about who sent the tip off card in woman’s writing and having it sent from a different city shows she is VERY calculating, and willing to hire a PI to stalk him would be a big red flag for me. Proceed with extreme caution!!

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Sticking by a friend that has lost their way is an admirable thing. Watching a friend destroy a relationship with a person you know to be worthy would be very difficult. It appears she did what she could to help her friend see the error of her ways, but Stacy never believed she was doing anything wrong. In the end she dumped her friend and went after the spouse her friend no longer deserved. Their past familiarity will grant a short cut in their relationship development, hopefully they are on the path to “happy ever after.”

Well written with good pace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Here's an idea. Not every cheated on husband needs to write a story to cleanse his own palette, of how the 'victim' in an affair ALWAYS, ALWAYS must magically meet a glorious, beautiful, loving and 1000000% faithful new woman as soon as the ink is dry on the divorce from the slut. It's been done, about 4000 times before, and usually more interestingly than this time. Yawn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very nicely done. Five stars.

KRD19254KRD19254about 2 years ago

Outstanding, I wish I was Jimbo, as he conquers his 'loneliness'....

/

5*, Hooyah, Salutes....

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Interesting little tale. I liked it. 👍

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksabout 2 years ago

A first for me, finding a sweet story in LW. Great job, and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just simply one of the best offerings found on here in ages — both plot and technical writing.

.

Anne really grew on me as the story progressed. I suspect she will grow on Jim as well. I think a trip to New Zealand is a priority.

.

If there was one thing missing in this tale — and fully understanding that it was purposed constrained to an 18 hour “conversation” and interaction — it was the total lack of any insight whatsoever as to Jim’s relationship with his kids and how they reacted/coped with the divorce. But that’s, I suppose, a real credit to the quality of the writing…was so drawn in to the story thatThe need for more information just came naturally.

.

5 easy *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As the writer warns in the first part of the story, this is one, long conversation. Sorry, but it's one long, boring conversation. The dialogue is lacking in a number of places; people just don't talk like this writer has them speaking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why did she wait for 2 years?

MormonJackMormonJackabout 2 years ago

Wow!! This is the best LW (IMO) I've seen in a while. This was terrific - and a terrific redemption story. Thank you!

And I'll read the StangStar story again on your recommendation.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 2 years ago

I liked it, it was adult, intelligent and quite frankly realistic. Could something like this happen? Yes, I could see it. Maybe Ann blowing the whistle was a bit out there, but the rest flowed well. You could have a pretty good follow on story where they decide to get married and the ex finds out and loses it, that would be the real tub of ice cream after hot sex:)

TonyspencerTonyspencerabout 2 years ago

That was really nice, well done, 5* from me.

Ironman52Ironman52about 2 years ago

VERY NICELY DONE 5*

shopratshopratabout 2 years ago

This is a good one, the only quibble I have is that it is really romance, not LW. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Stacy, eat your heart out

rnebularrnebularabout 2 years ago

I loved this. I firmly believe that dialog is absolutely the best way to really get to know the characters. I feel like I spent all afternoon with these two. Easy 5* thank you for sharing!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

This was good. Anne was forward and a bit aggressive, however Jim probably needed someoine to be like this. He seemed to have the attitude that It was too much of an effort to find love again. Writer framed the story very well. Also the writer didn't draw out the story too far. BTRH...

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Nicely written but too cliched in that worn out Golden Rainbow route.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Good Read 3 Stars

Nice story. Good read not what I would expect in LW but a great place for it.

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

Love it! My wife of 46 years did something too me that I didn't see coming.........but I was 19 yrs old, she was 4 yrs older. We dated exclusively most a year nd then she suggested we date others. She had a blind date lined up with a local TV weather man. I walked out of her apartment and never went back or called. I knew she was too good for me. 30 days later, she called and wanted us to date again. I laid some rules down and she didn't flinch. I have spent my life making her happy. I win!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice little story but maybe she WAS a stalker.

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 2 years ago

Awesome story and very well written. The whole interaction was fun and instead of ending on a sad note like so many stories on Loving Wives this story was on an upward path from the beginning and ended with hope and great expectations. Full 5 stars and I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As described not certain why she doesn't have several guys on the side so i for one would not be dining at the y so soon and use a condom for sure. My trust in her would be weak.

But cute romance.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

It was a really nice story.

The only thing it was missing was the ex-wife losing her shit when she found out that:

1) Anne was now dating the ex-husband.

2) Anne warned him about her affair.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

Sort of a Hallmark version of an LW story. It worked. You made me smile and was happy for their beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry, couldn't get through this. Seemed pretty obvious they were going to get together, and getting together with the ex's (ex?)best friend just doesn't work for me.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Another great story Jimmj. You hit a homer with this one. A story about two adults acting their age is a rare thing here in LW.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 2 years ago

Mmm. Yes. A different tale. Different angles to an old, old story. Interesting. Well written also. I enjoyed it. Thank you. Cheers.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

That was fun. A very warm tale of loss and possible love again. Really enjoyed such a heartfelt tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
I Don't Think Its Original, But Its Very Good

This probably should have been in the Romance category, but then I would have missed it. This sort of post divorce hookup makes complete sense. The ex wife was made to look so despicable that it does beg the question of how a supposedly good intelligent man ever married her in the first place. I'll leave the reason for the whore's fall to the Martians.

So as a Romance it is a fun story, even sweet. Of course completely contrived: the simultaneous divorces, the new to be wife a better person and a better catch than the ex slut, the almost seamless melding of their impending romance with their old and current lives. Really very convenient.

And since I'm an asshole, I will point out one glaring opportunity missed: having the ex wife discover her ex best friend and her ex husband are now best friends, even spouses. Wow, So Many Ways for that bitch to get her brains fried as she sees her best friend and her ex husband as loving loyal passionate partners. I wouldn't even serve it cold. And YES, the bitch finds out it was her supposed best friend who ratted out her whoring. Why not? Maybe threaten the bitch to rat out her next fuck toy to her next husband. She's gonna have both again eventually.

Yeah, a fun read. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nothing original here.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsabout 2 years ago

Nice story very well written, I enjoyed that. Solid 5 stars

LeontheKingLeontheKingabout 2 years ago

Nice, more romantic than LW

SsacamSsacamabout 2 years ago

Good story! And on a side note you like reading Stangstar06 I love his stories and have read them all.

Ssa

FljimFljimabout 2 years ago
Better than the last one

I enjoyed it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked it, and then read the comments. It's pretty much a landslide 5, so who am I to disagree? As someone below noted, there was more than conversation going on. Nevertheless, the dialogue was what carried the story, and it seemed pretty pitch perfect to me. There's a lot to be said for trying something on with someone you already have known for a long time. Regguy69 made this same point very well in his comments. Check it out. They've got a real good shot to make it, and there was no need for jmmj5 to belabor or prove that point. Anyone thinking this was incomplete missed the art here. At least in my opinion.

QM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

thank you! Not enough about a decent couple finding love

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm not sure which is better, your story or the recommendation about "Christmas in the woods". (I just finished reading it). Both more than got my attention. It's easy to see why "Christmas" is one of your favorites. I think it just became one of mine also.

Being totally bereft of creative talent, I envy you and many of the others here. Thank you, and please don't stop contributing. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

AN INTERESTING STORY WITH A NICE, WARM ENDING. UNUSUAL FOR "LOVING WIVES". (AND I TEND TO LIKE BTB STORIES) BUT THIS WAS NICE.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 stars from me as well as most of the other commenters.

It is a good story, so please write more.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 2 years ago

Nice.

Though this story didn't fit the 'conversation' format,

it was a good addition to our LW stories.

I'm all for aftermath stories.

Finding a way forward from a betrayal

is at least as important as discovering it.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I’ve had both a guy friend and a girl friend of mine who both said the best fucks they ever had were a revenge sort of with a close friend of the ex. He fucked his ex’s older married sister who he bumped into on a girls weekend drunk . He went hard and deep in her pussy ass and mouth . He had a pic of his dick in her ass and sent pic to the ex . She didn’t believe it was her sis but it gave him satisfaction. The girl fucked her cheating ex best friend and said she was somewhat ashamed of how she let him do anything and every thing he wanted.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 2 years ago

wow... I love this story

Gram1Gram1about 2 years ago

Truly enjoyed this touching and poignant piece.

zeuspmzeuspmabout 2 years ago

"Tom, my son, out in Austin, and Jennifer, my daughter, here in Birmingham. I didn't have any reason to stay in Atlanta, so I moved here. "

is this a conversation between 2 people who've known each other for years? why would she say 'my son' when our guy was best man at her wedding?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It is a great story looking forward to reading more of them.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

Lovely Jmmj. I am glad to see you posting these wonderful stories. Welcome back :)

PierremanvisPierremanvisabout 2 years ago

Great read. Keep posting

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 2 years ago

Well written. Great plot/story of a person just floundering through life after a deceitful wife and then being quickly shocked into the "rest of his life".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

you write well. i did not stub my toe on anything.

thank you!...

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

Well written but no tension.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Liked it, was well written but should’ve had more give & take before they went to bed & afterwards. For someone not looking for a relationship & still hurting, he moved awfully fast. Still, I gave it 4 stars. — Bob

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

Pretty good and I know the story was about them but having the ex wife discover their relationship would've been icing on the cake..

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianalmost 2 years ago

A nIce quiet unassuming story - unless you’re assuming he is going to be caught in her net. It was a nice story for a quiet Friday night.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"he was being kept there while his wife's affair was flaming hot." - He was being kept in the doghouse while his wife was having an affair?

\

"I found out he was cheating, again, around the same time you found out about Stacy's affair." - So she was supporting Cheating Stacy at the same time that she was being cheated on?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story! 5+++. So often these cheating wife stories end at divorce with a little of the aftermath. I enjoyed this tale all about AFTER the aftermath. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ex wife's best friend OR ex-best friend....NO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
1*

wrong category. this belongs in romance. why would you put this in LW when there is NO WIFE here? are there any useful moderators on this site?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

excellent. hope that someday they are seen by Stacy holding hands, stealing kisses, etc.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I like this story.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

I really enjoyed Anne and her forward thinking attitude to go after what she wanted. Sort of what my wife did to me during High School. Thanks for your writing.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

I loved Anne's play and happy it worked for the two of them. Being stalked isn't always a bad thing when it is the right stalker. Enjoyed it very much especially the way you played Stacy so well without her being in the present. It seemed so real, this story, so a happy ending was most welcomed. A big fat 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story - enjoyed the plot and character development

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...

SIMILAR Stories