All Comments on 'Conversation by a Burning Bed Ch. 02'

by RobertaBob

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments (Page 2)
Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Pathetic story of cuckold too weak to act positively

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Yeah, agree with the last three comments. Story doesn't make sense. She literally killed him, mocked him, and eventually took all emotion from him. She fucked repeatedly another man, willingly gambled her beloved home and lost it, and blamed the emotionally deprived man for all of it. She and her lover should be buried in a desert somewhere, far from the ranch. I don't believe he could not find another to totally love. Part 1 was 4 stars. Part 2 was 0 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

so he ascted out a bit might as well have just let the kid have her and tended the home for them. When vanilla tries to pretend weak is strong.

Ocker53Ocker53over 1 year ago

Yeah I know it’s only a story but this just does not seem plausible ⭐️⭐️⭐️

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Well written, thanks.

jazzharpjazzharpover 1 year ago

Very good. I may have commented on this story before, but I just reread it.

Looking over the comments, I want to comment on them. There are many damaged men who live out their rage reading LW stories. How did they find their way here?

Many years passed from the time of his granddaughter's baptism until her engagement. Gobs of time for the ex to show whatever contrition some think she never showed, gobs of time to suffer for her actions.

You wrote a powerful emotionally mature story. One of the best.

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

I agree with powersworder. Well-written, but poorly conceived...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To trivialize the type of disrespect this wife showed for her husband and her marriage is simply wrong. The author showed a lack of understanding of the vital role respect plays in a healthy relationship. It is a pity a writer with so much skill was not blessed with greater insight.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Many many commenters across this website always say , but it is just a story. That is not true, as the writers and reader comments reflect the society morals, standards, and unwritten rules. Men are being taught to allow infidelity. Men are being raised to be wimps. Females are being told on thousands of websites to assert their sexuality, just code speak for taking lovers and doing whatever. Chaos will ensue as society and the next generation of children need structure, formats, and rules. As rates of female infidelity have now exceeded male in Maoist o the younger generations, we can only look forward to more, and such things legal polyandry, something already proposed more than once by fems. Good luck. This story made her actions trivial and not really important. The author is really clueless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seems far fetched. The whole limerence thing. Meh. They had been married for 25 years. And btw how many college kids bang 45 year old women for months? He may have been amazing to her, but why vice versa? Dude is in college. Wtf? I guess the author was trying to.make a point not that without the asshole kid, she returned to her normal personality. But she burned her bridges just as he burned the bed. She didn't even really ever apologize. I guess some of that can be assumed in their private conversations after 5 years. But it was more that he shows up after 5 years and just wants to start again albeit no marriage. Maybe some people can get past it, maybe she begged him ND apologized in counseling (unknown) but of course her other admissions just killed their marriage. So where was the wrok to the reconciliation? The answer here appear to be time. The distrust and fear is a statement by thr author, but doesn't answer at all why he just shows up willing to reconcile. Yes she was lonely, lost douchebag, (probably) realized what she lost, and was ready to leave town if he moved back. But really? Where was even the effort to reconcile by both parties?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Powerful story. The fear and mistrust factors I the story are not as far fetched or implausible as some think. They only consider a marriage as an emotional affair, bit its as much a contract with performance clauses. We know them as responsibilities and accountability. That is what the trust is about. And failures to uphold the contract have performance penalties. She broke them bigtime and paid the penalty as unfortunately did he. His mistrust of her future performance and her fear of future penalty. So they forged a new contract eventually on his terms. Great story well told. His invoked penalty made her suffer and do defacto penance even absent a formal apology. I would not forgive my wife under those circumstances either. A marriage is a contract entered based upon loving commitment and trust based on performance. It's what you do when you enter the arrangement.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
I

Liked this although he never took out on the prick that caused the divorce. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No clear idea why he just wants to try again. What? Through his spy network he knows she has suffered? The limerence stuff is bs. Was that Linda's excuse in February Sucks? What killed the marriage was the sex was sooooo fantastic with this young stud (and why is he banging a 45 year old for more than a few days?) that she still desires him over her husband during counseling and doesn't really apologize (does she ever, maybe off page?). Women of 25 years happily married, do not do this. Either her husband and her had issues or the marriage was weak to begin with. Or some other factor drove her to fall. Surprised thr husband who had all these connections did not arrange some payback. Even if only financial or on social media. Or hire an escort to give him and STD. Something. Also Surprised that after one week when she fucks him again and gets evicted, that (a) the penalty for the assets for her is not worse, and (b) after she loses the house, she doesn't throw the young shit out of anger. Also really doubt that thr sex would remain cosmic. Doesn't matter what thr guy was packing. He doesn't know the wife's body early on. Was cosmic the first couple of times because she has this mental thrill and attraction. With a guy 25 years younger, that cannot hold up and the objective physical sex alone cannot sustain her crazed infatuation. And again why would the little shit even keep coming back? To prove he wasn't afraid? Lol henis in college. He doesn't need that grief. And doesn't give a damn for her emotionally. What a mess. Still cannot believe husband did not arrange something.

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

Chapter one was good this just ruined it⭐️⭐️

PencarrowPencarrowabout 1 year ago
LIMERENCE IS NOT BS

In response to Anony (a couple of comments before mine) who said Limerence is BS.

~

Limerence is the more modern term for what used to be called Eros, which is a form of love that has been recognized for a long time (along with several other forms of love). The fact that several distinct forms of love can be described is not really an issue, but how to sort them into well-defined "boxes" is still open to some interpretation (which is illustrated by disagreements among experts as to how many forms there are). Whatever the consensus is, there is no doubt that Limerence does exist, and I have experienced it myself. It does not have to lead to betrayal and sex (which it didn't in my case), but it does produce extremely strong feelings of attraction to another person. I think it really is the smoking "slut ray" in many marriage breakups, and it can appear almost out of nowhere.

~

How the hell can I be serious, you ask. I think the answer lies in the hormones and other "feel good" chemicals that the body releases into the brain, and over which most of us have no control. After all, who hasn't experienced young love, that feeling of absolute longing for another person who you can't bear to be parted from? The all-encompassing feeling of that person being your soul-mate, your partner for life.

~

Those feelings are caused by the same chemicals, and several writers on Literotica have written stories where they have likened it to being drugged, and in a sense, that is what it is (except the drugs are produced internally). So yes, there is a physiological reason for experiencing Limerence, or any form of love, but we often never think about it (which is fine by me), and none of us really want to acknowledge that what we may feel is based on changes within our brain chemistry (and like most people, I'd rather believe that true love has nothing to do with some reductionist theory of brain chemistry, but rather believe in something deeper and more meaningful, whatever that may be).

~

I've commented on this before, but I always thought a good example would be Kristi in Jezzaz's "Words", and there are many more examples I think.

~

And by that way, 5 stars for this story and thanks for offering it to us for free.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow.... what a well written, powerful story. Well done! WIth regards to limerance as discussed here, recall the old Greek Stoics. There are your emotions or feelings.... originated by hormones or other biological attractants, but to be mediated by regarding them. There are your feelings, then your thoughts about those feelings. Young adults don't usually know how to deal with them, but mature adults should. And if they cannot, then that is why divorces happen. Really that simple, even with minor children in the picture. The reaction of the husband here is correct towards the biological slut-ray. If a spouse cannot see that attraction and choose not to act on it, then they are not your life-partner any more nor should they be a legal spouse. No therapy can fix that if the offending one cannot manage that attraction. That this wife could not says she had a mental defect, particularly if she expected him to be permanent second fiddle in her affections.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5 stars!

Thanks!

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

With the forward who would have thought you would just make it take a while to be the same bitch in the one that inspired it.

But you know, tougher.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very well written. Finally closure for the two of them after 5 years apart.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

One of my very favorite stories in these fora.

.

Even though I utterly dislike the wife. And that, had I been tne husband, would have NEVER taken her back.

.

5 *****

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

Oh I'm not going to read all the posts below as most will say it’s not right, but I think it’s a great story, nicely done

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent story. First was a great, well written mild BTB. This was a great reconciliation without the RAAC bs.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is the ending Ohio's story needed. This was written just as well without the bullshit RAAC ending where hubby was even comfortable enough to shake the young prick's hand at the fsmiky bbq.

Thank you for proper story resolution.

Donovan7777Donovan77774 months ago

Not sure how I feel about this one. Have a problem with the fact that she never gave the kid up. Well written though .

MarkT63MarkT633 months ago

CUCk/ RAAC....

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This 2 chapter story ranks among the best I’ve ever read on this forum.

.

But……I don’t think if I were the husband I could ever have taken the wife back, married or not. She was an arrogant slut who really didn’t seem remorseful for her actions. Not at the time…and not after 5 years. Hubby was just too much in love with her.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The granddaughter's boyfriend needs to run for the hills and not take a chance with her; she's got Cat's genes and has learned the wrong lesson on what makes a couple live a happy long life together.

The college boy who earlier made Cat forsake her vows never got his comeuppance.

Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Shit

MasterKoteMasterKote2 months ago

Had the ex wife been a lil more remorseful or along those lines I can see the reconciliation but not this

robinhodrobinhod2 months ago

I loved it.

Not sure I could believe it, but it's a story isn't it.

So, it's OK for me to love it.

Sentimental old guy that I am.

slowhand21slowhand21about 2 months ago

“She had admitted in one of the therapy sessions they thought might save them that her attraction to the kid was irrational, fiery, magical, addictive. Sexual on a primal, inexplicable level she had never felt before.

She had not been able to keep the longing from showing on her face when she said that, and it punished him so deeply he had thought his body might shut down right there.”

These paragraphs crushed my heart. To make the effort to work past the infidelity and make a recovery only to learn that she is completely obsessed—to the point that she loses everything because she’s such an irredeemable slut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The reconciliation is incredibly stupid. Move on - the selfish excuse for a wife isn't worth any of that. And she deserves both the hate and the indifference completely. No repentance, just regret she got caught, and would never give up her self-centered cheating or the scumbag. No apology.

The only thing of value - the "healthy mistrust and the dollop of fear." Some wisdom there, brilliant usage, but still no reason for any sort of reconciliation. Or change the category to 'fantasy'...

desecrationdesecration9 days ago

I find it hard to buy, although I like many of the observations in the story. When he takes her back, he becomes The Cuck.

deependerdeepender2 days ago

They both stayed true to themselves.

.

He didn't budge. She stayed true to what she felt: BOTH to her desire to keep the ranch in the family AND to the lover. She didn't understand her desire for the lover, but stayed true to it. She did not apologize because she did not feel it.

.

This is NOT a reconciliation. It is, at best, an uneasy truce between to humans that decided to live with someone they knew--someone that they once loved--rather than live lonely alone.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRobertaBob@RobertaBob
I write long fiction. When I run into a block, I pound out short erotica to get the mojo flowing.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories