All Comments on 'Conversations 04'

by SleeperyJim

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Strangely fun.

Very original. I predict a long and very happy revenge.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
This was extremely weird and absolutely fun!

Thank you for a very entertaining short!!!

MbgdallasMbgdallasabout 5 years ago
Asshole.

He was nothing but an asshole. Too bad he didn’t die from his cancer. The world would have been rid of one asshole and a better place for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
woh is me

Loved it...thanks

MollydaKatMollydaKatabout 5 years ago
If mbgdallas hates it , then its probably Hall of Fame great !

Five huge ones from me , now write some more to make that cocksucker mad ! lmfao

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago
Re mbgdallas

The husband forgave her.

He wasn't actually intending to leave Jade after staying with her for another 50 years...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A fun twist

On the old story line of helping a dying man. But really can any women be that dumb that in one meeting they do that?

halfday35halfday35about 5 years ago
Enjoyable

Good enjoyable story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Superb! Refreshing!

Great tale!! For all intents and purposes, he is still "married" to her. They're together everyday, do events together, make money together. If this is divorce because of her "stupidity", I'll have a double helping.

A nice happy ending...will he ever kick her out?? Ha Ha!

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingabout 5 years ago
lol...

Yes... I'm gong to make her orgasm her brains out every day... that will teach her! Love it. I need to find revenge in my life ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Interesting story.

Not really sure what the long game is but I’m glad for one thing...it’s over.

Personally I find murder to be worse than adultery and more than a little hypocritical to demand honesty when you’re holding the secret that you killed a man for getting a handjob.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
Mbgdallas

Has got to be one of the weirdest and most warped goat fuckers in existence.

His idea of good sex is probably having rodents lick goat dip off his microphallus.

Write something better you dumb mother fucker.😁

And have a happy Easter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Mollyda cat is right: mgbdallas is a twat. This is exceptionally creative...

well written, and hilarious. It's a wonderful story. Thank you SleeperyJim.

AND THIS STORY DESERVES A FAR HIGHER SCORE (what the hell is wrong with readers here?)

green117green117about 5 years ago
rather good

and amusing, which is a bonus....

If I were to be critical, the deus ex machina elements were at times a bit much.... but in farce, you sometimes have little choice, I suppose.

Thanks,

Green-something

sdc97230sdc97230about 5 years ago
This seems less about dealing with a deliberately cheating wife and more about how to protect someone who's too stupid to be allowed out unaccompanied

Upon realizing that she's been played, Jade wonders how she fell for Anthony's line when she had always been able to see through those of others, but it's pretty clear to me that the reality was that what had always kept her from falling for every guy who tried to feed her a load of BS was that John had always been there watching over her.

likeboblikebobabout 5 years ago

If this was an attempt at humor 3 stars, if not, 1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Kerb? Really?

That sums us this whole piece of shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Awkward and quaint.

She just jacks off some stranger, at a ski resort, in a stalled ski lift? And she thinks that's just a mistake?

Yeah, she must be a super model. Reads like she's got the brains to be a super wife and mother.

Not sure what was the point of this story. Sure it reads like a stupid cartoon.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Kerb? Really?"

"Kerb" is used f or "curb" outside North America.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 5 years ago
yeah

what they said. just one question, i cant find it when i googled it, wth is "dark and the boot" mean? oh and u might think about an editor or prof reader

edwusaedwusaabout 5 years ago
Kerb is Kerb -- There is no Curb at the road edge - it's a Kerb

Kerb is the word for that street edge in NA, too, it's just that most Norte Americanos don't know that. Ignorance rules! Look it up ... if you care!

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 5 years agoAuthor
AUTHOR'S COMMENT

To those who complain that I misspelt words, or made mistakes in my use of language I would ask that you consider: if the rest of the world spells a word one way when using English, while Americans spell it differently... ah, forget it.

For those who need spoon-feeding, 'sticking the boot in' is an expression which means beating someone up - something best done in the dark to avoid witnesses. I imagine you have slang used by rough characters in the USA, and my hero was a gang member in his youth. The idea was that underneath an urbane facade he was still as rough as ever. And, mess with the gangs and they will kill you.

Consider sub-text and nuance... nope, not going back to teaching writing.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
It is interesting what will spark debate.

When I read a story in other forms of English, I am usually able to interpret expressions and slang words. As far as kerb and curb go, my spellcheck tells me 'kerb' is misspelled. I see that a commenter states that kerb is the only term for the concrete or stone along a street in North America, or any other English speaking nation. I looked it up as I was dubious of that claim.

" In American and Canadian English, the noun meaning the edge of a sidewalk or roadway is spelled curb. In varieties of English from outside North America, the word is spelled kerb. But everyone uses curb for the verb meaning to check or restrain and for the verb’s corresponding noun (e.g., curbs on spending)."

My source is https://grammarist.com/spelling/curb-kerb/ but I am always open to being wrong, seldom as that may be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Looked it up. Curb is correct in North America, and actually predates the odd kerb spelling used elsewhere.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@edwusa Re: Kerb vs Curb

I DID look it up!

"A curb (American English, Canadian English), or kerb (Australian English, British English, New Zealand English; see spelling differences), is the edge where a raised sidewalk (pavement in British English; pavement or footpath in Australian English) or road median/central reservation meets a street or other roadway."

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 5 years ago
... Why so upset?

I have been accused numerous times, by plenty of commenters, of being a card-carrying member of the BTB crew. Those people seems to view me, having a problem with male protagonists accepting the actions of their wayward wives laying down, as something particularly heinous, because, according to them, having a spine is one of the worst crimes a man could ever commit. I mean, for example, as recently as yesterday, it looks like I managed to give a long-distanced orgasm to c24j over my issue with how an author chose to end his story: I pointed out the ending - which was, yes, a RACC - made no sense with any of the MC's previous thoughts and actions, but c24j took my problem with the lack of consistency displayed there as me being somehow 'scared' of it and suffering from 'BTB'er panic'... Seriously, the man (???) was truly, gleefully happy about it, to the point that I have no doubt he must have creamed his pants, writing his bizarre attack against me giving my humble opinion. Alright then... whatever gets you off, buddy.

Well then, if that's the case, if I am really always all in on the concept of Burn The Bitch/Bastard, the two following statements should not surprise any of you then:

• I'm really happy that John and Jade got back together.

• And I have a serious problem with how John dealt with Anthony.

... I'm still on brand, right?

First off, the reconciliation. They've actually broke up, even got a divorce, remained friendly throughout it all, and stay in touch long enough for Jade to finally show herself to a true Ride-or-Die, by first saving his life, and by being there for him throughout his recovery. So yes - believable. You can definitely see John give her another chance, even reluctantly so, if his sarcastic final comments are to be taken seriously. You can buy it especially given the undeniable fact this story brought out, about their relationship: Jade is an idiot. Like, hopelessly dumb. And now, she knows it herself, without question. The conversation they had was definitely the highlight of the story, since every single arguments she came up with, to justify her idiotic behavior on the ski-lift, were viciously and hilariously taken down by her husband, to the point that she herself couldn't understand how the hell she got conned so easily by Anthony, as if she was a little girl meeting her first sexual predator! She fucked up, she knew it, and I have no doubt she'll do, from now on, everything in her power to re-claim her status as Mrs Jade Hodges, both legally and emotionally, and to keep it permanently. Kinda makes you wonder how their relationship would have ended up, if not for John's cancer - 'doesn't seem like she was going to fess up to her dumbass action without her husband starting 'the conversation'... But hey, call me gullible all you want, but I did believe she was this stupid, that she was genuinely sorry for having been tricked into being unfaithful, and that she truly needs her man around, at the very least to help her tie her shoes on properly.

So that's all good and well,,, But, when it comes to how John got back at Borsel... yeah, sorry, I cannot sanction that at all (by the way, strange name - made me think of the late Anthony Bourdain, for the second... )

Retribution on an asshole getting himself in the middle of your marriage should be proportional to what said asshole actually did, in most cases, at least. So... throwing a-hole off a mountain for conning your wife into giving him a handjob seems, to me, to be the definition of EXCESSIVE AND IRRATIONAL BEHAVIORS. I mean, fuck... beat the guy up, stomp on his balls - you know, the classics - if you must, but killing him over it? Yes, that's make John a bonafide psycho. 'Makes you wonder if there's not a previous history we haven't been made aware of between between those two - Hodges knew Borsel was, so maybe it's not the first time Tony went after a girl Johnny was with. But, even then... still psychotic!

So what we ended up with is a pretty funny story, with a believable happy ending... but still, an ending that makes you wonder if Jade wasn't better off, walking away, free and clear, from her husband. I mean, geezus... Bring it down a notch, mate.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed another conversations story. I didn't have a lot of problems when translating English to American. Looking forward to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

This story was so compelling that half the conversation about it was actually about kerbs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
curb vs kerb = tire vs tyre

color vs colour trunk vs boot hood vs bonnet etc. etc. etc.

2 countries separated by a common language

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well Done, Old Bean!

Quite well done. Your parting comments re: your future plans for dear Jade struck me as a combination of David Niven and Bertie Wooster.

Capital, man, capital. Eventually, I shall read the other three.

Steve

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 5 years ago
HA!

Well, that's an amusing little conceit.

Congratulations on finding a new approach to an old plot.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Nice tale

Although I did not understand a lot of it, got the gist at least. Didn't skim either.

Like, who copied his congratulations with helium voice?

Not sure why she got bullied in school. Her name not so different to a lot of people, especially those rich and famous.

I guess you wrote it all tongue in cheek, which got really boring very quickly. I kept reading hoping you would change to normal speak.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 5 years ago
Very enjoyable.

It *does* sound like the sort of scrape Bertie Wooster would get into, and the "revenge" is exactly like something he would think of. The difference is, I don't think he really wants Jeeves to extricate him from the mulligatawny, as it were. Very enjoyable.

GA

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
Nice light hearted tale

lot's of fun!f

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
2 thumbs up = 4-stars

Funny.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Overkill

His reaction was way over the top.Thank goodness he got cancer.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
Having just discovered this series, and having gone though to this point...

I must say, you're a very clever writer.

Always original, and the humour is always dead-on.

My sense of justice, warped as it is, has also not been offended once.

I am not really surprised that the scores are not higher, this is a very limited audience, who always have a very high personal agenda, and often a very limited intelligence to match. Not that I can speak of such things.

I think you're a real writer's writer. I'd be very surprised if the better ones here didn't absolutely love your work.

Looking forward to the rest of this series.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 4 years ago
SOMETHING STINKS. MY NOSE SAYS THAT YOU'RE LYING ABOUT LEAVING.

LOVED YOUR FLIGHT OF FANCY BUT, IF YOU WANT TO GET BETTER, YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO YOUR PSYCHIATRIST'S INSTRUCTIONS.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ AND ⭐ TO GROW ON.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Loved it

I thought the reconciliation was appropriate given the circumstances but killing the guy was way over the top for the "crime" committed. I am loving this series that switches between BTB and reconciliation depending on the seriousness of the cheating. 5 stars for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Itch!

There's this place just between my shoulder blades that I can't reach when it itches.

It feels just the same when I read this story - I wasn't sure whether I was being sandbagged, or having my plonker pulled by someone using sandpaper covered gloves!

However, being the stoic that I am, 5 pointy things should be a just award for my ambivalent feelings!

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Off

Not off the wall, but off the mountain. I think that I might have wanted to do for him too. These are great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Absolutely Excellent !

You're getting better and better; not so much the plot(which is very good) but your style of writing! It's absolutely hilarious! I'm really enjoying your offerings, SleeperyJim and once again, it's five stars. Just keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What

What an arsehole he is.Why on earth does Jade still have anything to do with him?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
It came true

Anthony was correct in his statement that he was dying although the cause seems to have shifted. His attempt to fly was terminated by the sudden stop at the bottom. Hope he enjoyed the trip.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Not up to the quality of the earlier conversations

A little mean spirited and not as comical as it was presumably meant to be.

Writing is excellent, of course, but the story just didn't light a spark

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Laughs and smiles and giggles yep loved ending

She cheated caught and punishment deserved but redeemed

Enjoyed the story

I go with 5 decades maybe more

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
KEEP A GIFT HORSE AS LONG AS ITS USEFUL AND PROFITABLE

but keep the lines open for more promises down the road. TK U MLJ LV NV

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
2nd read through.

1st time gave it 4-stars. I don’t know what I was thinking. This is brilliant: original plot, funny, typical good mechanics...

5-stars (assuming I could change it) & Favorite

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was um... lol. Killing someone for a hand job? Okay....

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
They did more

They did more than a handjob i think he fucked her and came inside her myb more than once that's why the smell didn't go away it was inside her

OnethirdOnethirdover 3 years ago
Thank yer

That was a fun story! It even had a reconciliation of an odd sort, without 20 pages of tiresome recriminations, back sliding, etc. a nice romp all around, with some fun perfume facts to boot.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Only a hand job?? How did it get in her face and hair?? Sounds like a BJ to me!!!

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
Hit the 1 star

By mistake.

Funny story and well written.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
I read it again.

It's still a great story, but the comments are off the charts. The whole curb debate is only funny in the degree of venom being thrown. And then there are the readers who insist on reinterpreting the story and why the smell persisted. The bottom line is that it was a good story about a ridiculously foolish wife who made amends in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
I dated a model once

She was gorgeous, but she always had these stupid goofy looking headphones on. All the fucking time. Drove me crazy. One night I'd had enough, and as she slept, I pulled those cursed things off her. Fuck me if she didn't stop fucking breathing right on the spot! I put the headphones to my ear, and all I heard was 'Breathe in, Breathe out, Breathe in, Breathe out.....'

ErotFanErotFanalmost 3 years ago

Another delightful little offering! AND I'M ONLY ON NUMBER FOUR! I wonder how much longer SleepryJim can keep this up? I'll just have to keep reading and see.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

One day laughing at her? Might be true but everyone else will be laughing at him for staying so long

FreakpowerFreakpowerover 2 years ago

Very well written. Hey how bad can be a handjob? Is it cheating? Then I'm cheating every day on my wife by jerking my winnie 😏

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

They do say that fake cancer can be terminal. Pooooooor antooonnnnnyyyyyy!!!! He must have had a bout of pain and failed to see the drop off. Terrible, he was blinded by the pain and couldn’t recover in time.

Just like losers that fake handicaps, use stolen valor and other types of deception for personal gain. Accidents happen and hopefully are just as fatal. Removing your stain from the human race is a positive in my view.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

Loved the humor and the creativity in this story. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hilarious. I wish this author would write more often.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Jesus

The insignificant things people get upset and start arguments over. Kerb vs curb. Who cares. It's the edge of the sidewalk/footpath thingy. (Official term, patent pending)

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Nice! I like it. What a great sense of humor. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lit needs more authors that don't have the mindset that a cuckold getting back with their cuckolder isn't actually a happy romantic ending. It's just selling effluent as chocolate topping.

Janrene3Janrene3almost 2 years ago

I like it.

Good humour!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

INSANE! Yes she made a major fumble (at least it was full on sex) being taken advantage of but it seems as things turned out she was determined to never allow it again.

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Hilarious.

5 plus 2

The guy is surely manipulative. Not a nose but an arsehole, I say.

haveguillamehaveguillameover 1 year ago

What a lovely enchanted ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The fifth of your Conversations is on par with the rest--outstanding with inventive humor and story development akin to any cartoon series by Berke Breathed. Love them all. 5 out of 5

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Damn funny, thanks.

"...the long game..."

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

I can’t tell if that’s pathetic or hilarious….. maybe it’s hilarious because it’s so pathetic. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done, right on the nose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Surprisingly funny and sweet, considering it's a loving wives tale.

mariverzmariverz12 months ago

excelente BTB jajajajaajajaajajajaja

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Lol hilarious. Like the "decade or two, or maybe five" line. She was definitely not bright. Surprised she wasn't conned into letting guys into her pants other times.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Hehe. Funny. Nice twist with the tumor. His plan is hilarious. Oh the trials and tribulations of a divorced supermodel utterly devoted to himX having hot sex every night and making a mint at the bank. Remember he did divorce her. So he has no plans to remarry, just the early thinks they are married. Quite the devious plan. Lol.

Calico75Calico7510 months ago

Very funny. Well done!

TrambakTrambak8 months ago

The guy stinks.5

DessertmanDessertman7 months ago

Another funny one.

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

Yeah, she was dumb but she was innocent too, the innocence of the truly stupid.

He took her back, it was only fair

4/5

MisterPGMisterPG3 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Fun read!

Jalibar62Jalibar623 months ago

Damn right, that'll teach her. Maybe even remarry her; that'll sting like the dickens when he leaves her! Eventually... any year now...

Madeira1076Madeira10762 months ago

They keep saying there are no new LW, well, here is one. Nice job!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous