Conversations

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I looked up, when he cursed again and, while looking him in the eye, continued, "But Frank...I'm begging you, don't ask to see the photos. No father should ever have to see his daughter doing the things that are shown in the photos."

It was sad to watch, but Frank deflated in front of Eileen and me.

Eileen jumped in and asked, "Is there any hope of your marriage surviving?"

"I met with an attorney, earlier this morning. He'll have the paperwork completed, early next week and will file the documents with the court on Wednesday. The attorney has Amy's cell number and will call her. She'll have the option of picking up the paperwork at his office, or we can officially serve her."

"I can't believe you are throwing your marriage away with so little feeling!" was Eileen's angry outburst.

"I'm not throwing anything away, Eileen. This is on Amy. She threw me away."

"But it was only once," Eileen screamed.

I took three deep breaths to calm myself and, for an instant, regretted the bourbon I added to my coffee.

"It wasn't once. It wasn't twice. Only Amy and her asshole fuck buddy know exactly how many times they've met, but the affair has been going on for months."

We were all quiet for a few moments, before I continued, "This is a second marriage for each of you. You both ended your first marriages, due to infidelity."

Frank quickly responded, "But our marriages were new. Yours has been going on for twenty-five years. Surely that must mean something?"

"Love, trust and respect. Frank, you've said those words to me a hundred times over the years. A marriage must have equal parts of love, trust and respect. I don't trust Amy and she sure as hell doesn't respect me."

Eileen wanted to know, "Will you be fair to Amy in the divorce?"

"The way the divorce laws stand, I don't have a choice. But you know me. I'm not going to make this any harder on Amy and our family than I have to."

"What about the girls?" Frank wanted to know.

"I went up to the campus yesterday afternoon and we talked. The girls know I am filing for divorce and they know the reason. They're not happy with Amy, but I don't think anyone is happy with her. It might take a little time, but they'll come around. I promise."

"I don't have any right to ask..."

I interrupted Eileen and said, "You can ask me anything. I'm divorcing Amy. I'm not divorcing you and Frank and I hope we can continue to have a friendship and relationship."

Tears were pouring from Eileen's eyes as she asked, "Please talk with Amy."

"I will. I promise! But I'm not going to talk with her today and probably not for the next few days. BUT I WILL TALK TO HER."

==========

Marybeth Johnston has been a close friend of Amy's for many years. Their relationship might have been closer, but I had been wary of MB and her husband Phil ever since we met.

MB and Phil had an open marriage. While they didn't actively recruit singles and couples into their chosen lifestyle, they weren't discreet either. They often told PG rated stories about their X rated activities.

There had been several times over the years when Amy's interest in swingers' parties and friends with benefits type relationships raised the hair on the back of my neck, but at the end of the day, I had had total faith in my wife.

A conversation with Amy's long time friend.

"I can't believe the way you're treating Amy. Yes! She's made a huge mistake. But she's sorry. You need to put on your big boy pants and get over it. Go out and fuck some bimbo if you want to, but don't do anything stupid."

That was MB's opening salvo, as she plopped down in the seat opposite me in the Dunkin Donut restaurant.

"I'm not going to do anything stupid. I promise."

MB looked doubtfully at me and said, "Amy is under the impression that you are seeking a divorce."

"I am seeking a divorce. The papers will be filed on Wednesday. Filing for divorce isn't stupid. It's what normal people do when they want to get rid of a lying, cheating whore of a wife."

Before MB could continue, I asked, "You've known me for almost as long as Amy has known me. I've known about your open marriage for the entire time. When have I given any indication that I would put up with an open marriage or unfaithful wife?"

MB was stunned and said to no one, "This is such a nightmare!"

My immediate response was, "It is a nightmare. It's a nightmare for Amy, for me, our kids, family and friends. Marybeth, it's about to become a nightmare for you and Phil too."

Regaining her anger, MB barked, "Of course it's a nightmare for Phil and me. We've all been friends for years!"

I simply smirked at MB, as my threat had sailed over her head.

"What?" She asked.

Followed by an agitated, "WHAT?"

"I've had a private investigator digging into Amy's suspicious behavior."

Staying on the offensive, MB responded, "Yeah! So what? He caught her cheating."

"The PI's report lists the content of all text messages between you and Amy going back six months."

MB was trying to digest the information, when I said, "I know that Mike was part of your swingers group before he got married. I know that you told Amy that he has a big cock. When you found out that he was working with Amy, you encouraged her to take him for a ride. I know that Amy has kept you updated on their weekly fuck dates. I know every nasty fucking detail, you miserable cunt!"

MB jumped in and said, "Listen, Chris ..."

Before she could continue, I said, "Every action has consequences. The consequences of Amy cheating is divorce. The consequences for you and Phil won't be as painful, but I'm going to do my best to fuck-up your lives."

"How the fuck are you going to do that, asshole?"

Smiling for the first time, I said, "I'm glad you asked!"

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. I made a show of unfolding it, as I said, "I'm going to send this email out to a few people that you and Phil know."

MB reached across the table and snatched the paper from my hand. She read:

Subject: Marybeth and Phil Johnston sabotaged my marriage

Friends,

My name is Chris Harrington. For nearly twenty-five years I have been married to Amy Harrington. Other than the last few months, my marriage has been perfect, at least to me.

Due to the direct impact of Marybeth and Phil Johnston's open marriage, my wife has cheated on me and I am filing for divorce. A twenty-five-year marriage has been flushed down the toilet.

I am writing this email as a warning so that other marriages won't be destroyed by Marybeth and Phil's cavalier attitude toward fidelity.

My wife cheated with a swinger friend of Phil and Marybeth. Marybeth encouraged the relationship and told my wife Amy that she'd never forget it.

Marybeth is right. My wife will never forget her affair, as it's led to the death of our marriage and the destruction of our family.

Whether you have a personal, business or social relationship with the Johnstons, please be aware of their total disregard to the vows of marriage and their willingness to sabotage your marriage.

Perhaps, if I had chosen our friends more carefully, Amy and I would not be getting a divorce.

Regards.

Chris Harrington

MB hissed, "You mother fucker. We'll sue your ass if you send this to anyone."

I chuckled and responded, "My attorney reviewed the email and the text messages from the PI's report. He concluded that everything in the email is factual."

"Who the fuck are you sending it too?"

"I have an email list of all the teachers and administrators in your school district, along with the members of the Board of Education. I have thirty-eight names and email addresses of people at Phil's company. Granted, over three hundred people work there, but I suspect that the email will be passed around. Members of your Country Club and Church will get a copy. There are a few more organizations that you or Phil have involvement in. They'll get copies too."

MB sat with her mouth hanging open. I told her, "You can keep that copy, so Phil can see exactly what is being sent. Have a good life, you vile piece of shit!"

=============

As part of the PI report, I had been informed that Lucy Brooks, the wife of Michael Asshole Brooks, took her children on a playdate to Willow Brook Park, every Saturday morning.

At the park, she and her children met a regular group of Moms and kids.

A conversation with an asshole's wife

After recognizing me and my greeting, Lucy said, "Chris! I haven't seen you since the company Holiday Party. What a nice surprise."

"It's nice to see you, Lucy."

Seven Moms were staring at me, as I continued, "I'll admit that our meeting isn't an accident. I'm hoping we can talk in private for a few minutes."

Lucy happily nodded and said, "Sure! Of course!" But after a moment, she noticed that my demeanor didn't match her happy disposition. She asked, "Chris. Is everything ..."

She stopped and stared as the first nugget of comprehension appeared on her face. Lucy visibly turned pale. Her friend's friendly faces showed either concern for Lucy or anger that I had somehow upset their friend.

"Are you alright?" asked the chubby blonde sitting next to her.

Lucy didn't immediately respond to her friend and only broke out of a short trance when a second Mom harshly asked, "What's going on?"

"I'm fine. I'm OK." And, to me, "I'll guess that we need some privacy."

"That would be best."

"Fat chance that's going to happen!"

A slim and very attractive redhead was on her feet, and her angry glare was bouncing back and forth between Lucy and me.

"Chris. This is my overprotective older cousin Aggie. Aggie, meet Chris Harrington; Chris' wife and Mike work together. I suspect that Chris wants to speak with me, concerning the "women's intuition" matters that you think I've imagined."

"Ladies, Aggie, how about if Lucy and I go over to the picnic table under the tree." I pointed to a spot fifty feet away. "That should give us the privacy we'll need, and we won't be too far away."

Lucy spent a few moments blankly looking at the ground. When she started to get to her feet, silent tears were running over her cheeks. Aggie jumped to her cousin's side and pulled her into a tight embrace and the two women sobbed together.

As they parted, Aggie's angry stare turned to sadness as she saw my wet eyes.

I said to Aggie, "I'm not just the bearer of bad news. I'm stuck in the middle of this mess with your cousin."

With Lucy by my side, we began walking. After just a few steps, Lucy stopped, turned, and said, "Aggs. Will you take the kids home with you?"

She responded, "Of course, Lucy!

"If needed, can they stay the weekend?"

Aggie smiled sadly and nodded.

Lucy and I sat opposite each other on the picnic table, and I asked, "How long have you known?"

With a sigh, Lucy said, "Unfortunately, this isn't my first rodeo. We married a bit later than most and had children almost immediately. After our second, Mike had a vasectomy. His first affair started within six months. The second started a year after our first confrontation. This is strike three. I've suspected things were rotten for a month."

"I'm struggling with the idea of divorcing Amy. I know that will be the end result, but I am constantly second-guessing myself. Can you tell me why you stayed with Mike after his first two affairs?"

"Mostly because of the kids. Oh Hell! It's completely because of the kids. I grew up being raised by a divorced, angry Mom and a once a week Dad. I didn't want that for my children. I still don't, but that's their future. Luckily, I have a strong family presence in the area and I'll have a great deal of help."

I had guessed what Lucy's answer would be and nodded my understanding.

I asked, "Do you know why Mike cheats?"

It was Lucy's turn to nod.

"He gets a thrill out of turning good girls bad. I wasn't a virgin when we got married, but I was very naive when it came to sex. Mike was my lover and teacher. He set expectations and rewarded me...mostly with incredible orgasms...when I met his expectations. I love being his slut, but I want it to be within a loving and faithful marriage."

Lucy continued, "Do you have proof?"

I pulled out a thick envelope and handed it to her. "I'd like to suggest that you give the evidence to your attorney and not look at it. Mike and Amy aren't very kind to us during most of their phone calls. There is nothing other than heartbreak in there."

"What made you suspicious of Amy?"

I chuckled and said, "Apparently Mike set the same kind of expectations for Amy. Like a good dog, she enjoyed the tricks she learned and shared them with me."

"As we've sat here, I've decided to stay at Aggie's house for the weekend. I know this is a lot to ask, but would you drive me to my home so I can pack for a few days?"

Before I could agree, Lucy said, "I should warn you. Mike will be home."

"No offense, but I'm not worried about your pile of shit husband. I'm happy to take you home."

==========

After making final arrangements with Aggie, Lucy walked back to me and we left for my car. The drive to her home was made mostly in silence. As we pulled on to her street, she pointed to an SUV parked at the curb and said, "Stop next to that truck."

I did as instructed and watched Lucy wave to the driver. She looked at me, pointed ahead and said, "It's the white colonial, five houses down and on the left.

As I pulled into the driveway the SUV pulled in behind me. Mike was in the middle of the front lawn and was pushing a lawnmower.

Things happened fast.

Mike waved to Lucy as she got out of my car.

Two women had quickly gotten out of the SUV. They sandwiched Lucy between them and walked her to the front door.

A very large man walked behind the women. After they entered the house, the man stood protectively in front of the entrance.

An older man exited the SUV at the same time I climbed out of my car. He approached with an extended hand and said, "I'm Larry Greene. Lucy is my daughter."

A conversation with an asshole

I was standing in the open front door of my car, with my hands on the hood, looking across the car, as Mike walked my way.

"Chris? Chris Harrington? What's Lucy doing with you?"

Mike was visibly shaking and was pale.

"I met her at the park this morning. I had a packet...a very large packet...from my private investigator that I wanted to share with her.

Before Mike could respond, Larry said, "You're a piece of shit, Mike. You were born a piece of shit and you'll die a piece of shit. You've just lost the only wholesome and decent part of your worthless life."

"This is all bull shit," Mike yelled. He turned, jogged toward the front door and yelled out, "Stay out of my way, Georgie."

I guessed that Georgie was the giant who was now sitting on the top step of the front door landing. The man didn't move a muscle until Mike was ready to pass him, and then with the grace of a cat, the man was on his feet and had both hands on Mike's chest. A second later, Mike was flat on his back, with the wind knocked out of him.

Larry looked at me with a questioning stare.

I told him, "It looked like Mike slipped."

Larry nodded and said, "Yep. That's what it looked like to me."

Eventually, Mike staggered to his feet.

He turned and yelled, "It was all your wife's fault. She came after me! Everyone knows she's nothing but a slut."

"I can't argue with you, Mike. Amy's a slut. The slut's no longer my problem."

I was sadly laughing at Mike and was afraid that my emotions were about to fail me. I didn't want the asshole to see how hurt I was.

At that exact moment, Larry put his hand on my shoulder. He squeezed and a jolt of energy passed into me.

"You'll make a great couple, Mike. Amy knows you're a cheater and you know the same about her. How do you think that's going to work out?"

"I don't want that cunt!"

I laughed again and responded, "Lucky for her, I guess. She has enough problems, without being saddled with an asshole like you."

I stuck out my hand, shook with Larry and told him, "This jerk-off isn't worth my time or energy. I'm heading out. Take good care of Lucy. She seems like a great woman!"

=============

Two weeks passed. Amy had been served and her attorney was in contact with my guy. Life had settled into a new and miserable normal.

When I checked my voicemail at lunch, I found a voice message from my mother-in-law:

[Eileen} Hi Chris. It's Eileen. I'm calling to remind you about the promise you made to arrange a talk with Amy. I'd consider it a personal favor if you'd give her a call. Thanks. I love you.

I gritted my teeth and with a sigh, I dialed my home number, knowing Amy would be at work.

I left the following message:

[Me} Amy. It's Chris. I'm staying out at Stacey's family lake house. If you want to stop by on Saturday for lunch, I'll have sandwiches. We can talk. Meet me at the picnic table in the backyard at noon.

A conversation with Amy

"Thanks for meeting me, Chris. The lunch looks nice. Thanks."

Amy and I were sitting opposite each other at the lakeside picnic table. Although she didn't have the "glow" that I witnessed daily for the last two decades, Amy still looked good.

"It's good to see you, Amy. Thanks for making the drive."

Amy looked around and responded, "It's so peaceful here."

"I agree. As I considered new living arrangements, my first thought was to move into a downtown condo, near the office. I think I've changed my mind and have been looking at lakefront properties around the area."

I hadn't intended for my comment to hurt Amy but could tell she was immediately devastated.

"Amy, I'm..."

Amy cut me off, with a wave of her hand. Her eyes overflowed with tears as she said, "You don't need to apologize. I'm being overly sensitive."

She looked up from the table and continued, "I'm so frightened."

Her statement hung in the air and I watched her carefully, as she gathered her thoughts.

"I've been frightened before. Many times. New challenges at work often paralyzed me. The challenges of raising two intelligent, athletic and beautiful girls scared me to death. But I always had you standing beside me. I had my team and I knew, together, we can conquer anything."

Smiling, I observed, "We did a good job. Didn't we?"

We smiled contently for a few minutes and ate our lunch. I filled Amy's half empty wine glass and poured myself a second craft beer.

"I've been seeing a shrink." Amy sighed and continued, "That's not a fair description. Dr. Popler is wonderful and she's helping me come to grips with the end of our marriage and moving forward as a team of one."

"I'm happy for you, Amy. I hope you get the answers you need."

"I promised myself, over and over, that I wouldn't ask you ... ask you about reconciliation. Everyone has told me that it isn't possible. But I have to ... I have to ask, is there a chance that you can forgive me and we can get back together?"

I blew out a deep gust of air and took a couple of gulps of beer.

"That's two different questions, Amy. I've been thinking about the forgiveness half of the question since we agreed to get together today. I've committed to myself that I'm going to try and forgive you."

After thinking, I continued, "It's going to take a while, and I don't know if it's possible, but I'm going to try. I'll be honest and tell you that if I do forgive you, I'm doing it for the girls, our family's sake, and myself, rather than you."

After draining half the remaining beer, I finished, "We'll be seeing each other often enough that I don't want to be carrying any rage. But Amy, I'm not going to stop the divorce, and we'll never get back together."

Amy sobbed and nodded in understanding.

She asked, "If I need help ... If I need to talk ... can I call you?"