All Comments on 'Conversations 14'

by SleeperyJim

Sort by:
  • 100 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Stupid

Stupid , that’s all , just stupid.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
How does one reconcile that?

I could only give this story a 3 Star Rating. Too many questions. Too much circular conversation. Why wait until you are served divorce papers to reveal the ruse? Why not reveal it the next morning? Why the ruse in the first place? Why couldn’t she talk about her issues? Where is his trust and love in his beloved partner? What if she is just a dumb bitch to pull such a stunt? They both deserve what they get.

HikingThruHikingThruover 4 years ago
Excellent

One of the few series that rarely disappoints.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

"If you'd jumped out at me when I was taking the photos, it would be a different reality." - I was going to say something like this, back when he said she never said anything about her "trickery" until he served her the divorce papers.

If it was really a trick, she wouldn't have gotten nearly naked, and they all would have come running out with a big, "Surprise!"

In any case, as he said, if she felt there were any problems, instead of hoping that he'd "pick up" on her feelngs, gasp! TALK to him!

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 4 years ago
Finish the damn story.

Need I say more?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Man, that's painful!

If she's telling the truth, it's a very foolish truth. It's not complicated. You just talk with your spouse and work it out. You don't go to hotels to play pretend so you can get caught. The sad thing is you wrote it to seem like she was telling the truth, so she loses everything for stupidity instead of infidelity. It's a well-told story about a very foolish woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another episode of "Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes"

This week starring Tracy as the impressionable naive "loving wife", Sonja as the devious busybody office mom, and Jim as the hapless husband trying to make his best choice between a wife he wishes he could believe and his lying eyes.

Bravo!

*****

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Another very interesting story!

I would've walked too. Even if what she was saying was true, she deliberately broke his heart by making him think she was cheating. Why would you ever want to stay with such a cruel person?

The reality for him, is that he'll never be able to trust her again... not like he did before she started listening to this Sonja cunt. Tracy proved she doesn't respect him, she broke the trust in their relationship and all his love has turned to hate. What's left to salvage out of that fucked up relationship?

Oh and she seriously wanted him to give up his career and be the mom to their kids? He had a lucky escape!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
love these.

These, to me, are so real. Love them. full five stars.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Their Realities Meshes Because Of One Point... She Didn't Cheat

There is a major clue that she did not actually cheat. She knew that he never saw her fuck. But she also knew that he walked away from the window at the moment that he did, so that she didn't have to explain that night that this was a set up. The GPS.

They knew that he walked away from that window when he did and never came back. So, she knows for sure he saw only what he did, and that she could stop what she was doing, and not have to explain to him there and then that this was all a ruse.

Obviously, she should have talked to him first, but then she knows him a lot better than we do, and maybe she had hinted that his job was really hurting their relationship, but he wasn't listening, and she was desperate and did what she did. I would have likely given her a spanking for that, but I do believe that she did not cheat, and she did it for the reason she says.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
She also

She also asked him, "You followed me"? Why not disclose her plot then?

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
He's right

Hopefully it haunts her for years.

The marriage is over anyway. Even if it was just a setup, she was setting him up. She had people that she was confiding in at his cost. That's not a relationship. That's perversion, control, dominance and betrayal.

If she didn't fuck anyone this time, then this whole episode has revealed her true stake in the marriage. As the single point of authority. At some point the disrespect would have led to further betrayal.

She put him in an untenable position, and he has responded with the only correct, self-respecting outcome.

If the shoe had been on the other foot, given her delusional view of the structure of the marriage, there would have been a nuclear response.

In this reality, he kept the bomb trigger and used it as he should.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I wouldn't buy her story either. She knew they had agreed the relationship was over if either of them cheated. If she planned the whole thing, even planning to get caught, why didn't her plan involve any proof of her innocence? If this Sonya even does exist, they could be a swinging couple who talked her into a threesome and promised to cover for her if she got caught.

On top of that, even if she had been telling the truth, there's the blatant disrespect and manipulation that most would find unacceptable. I'm almost not convinced that the majority of husbands would be alright with their wives putting on a sexy striptease in private for another man behind their back, even if she didn't actually fuck the guy. Very interesting take. Had me thinking a lot.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

SkubabillSkubabillover 4 years ago

Sometimes I hate his premise but he is always thought provoking and entertaining.

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago

That was a compelling and entertaining read and the best story in LW for quite a while. Easy 5*.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Another gem of a conversation. Tracy and Sonja had it all figured out, until they didn't. I liked his argument against all her excuses. Maybe it's not over ye.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
She Didn't Cheat... Clarifying My Comment

I had left my earlier comment on my computer, so reread it, and it may have not come across clearly.

The reason she was nonchalant about his discovery and the whole divorce thing, and the fact that she also KNEW for sure that he never saw her fuck the other guy was because she knew exactly when he left the window. And the reason she knew all this was because they were actually tracking him, the GPS, and she knew he only saw what he saw, and nothing more.

Also, either the people that distracted him and he moved away from the window were purposely there to distract him, OR they expected him to rush in and they were going to show him that he was being tracked and this was all a setup, or if he didn't rush in then she would have had to stop at some point otherwise she would have had to actually fuck the guy.

Since, their plan was obviously for him to stew on this for a few days so it really hits home that he could lose her, then the people that distracted him must have been plants as well. The only problem is how do you make sure he never actually comes back to the window again after they move on. So, they must have hung around the area till he drove away or they must have had a contingency plan if he came back. Or the author didn't think that far ahead.

If this was real life they stay together, because eventually she can convince him that the only way she knows he didn't see her fuck the other man was because they knew exactly when he left the window. He loves her, and he would forgive her for doing things this way. As I said in my earlier comment, a spanking is in order though. And if his job was hurting her that much, and he says he loved her as much as he says, then he should look for alternative work. English majors can always get jobs as baristas at Starbucks.

This was obviously different than the three or four of these Conversation stories since it was a little bit of a puzzle to solve if she did or didn't. It was pretty obvious, but still interesting. Might have been a little better if the others were there to distract him while she was in her bra and panties, but then again I think she really wanted him to feel her loss so he actually takes the action to leave his job so it makes sense she may want to rub it in a little more.

The part of the story that doesn't make any sense is that this was obviously something that bothered her greatly and she was desperate, but she never brings that up? A woman doesn't talk about things bothering her, but goes to these extreme lengths? Doesn't sound like any woman I know, so not buying that. What is more likely she has brought it up, multiple times, but it went in one of his ears and out the other. That makes it much more likely the scenario, but I think the author wanted to not just make this a puzzle if she did or didn't, but a bit of a morality play as well. Which I don't think works for the reason I mentioned here. Just doesn't ring true.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago

Great story, as usual. Thanks for sharing, Mr. Jim.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 4 years ago
Nice.

This series is always interesting and well written. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is what thoughtful BTB should be

This could be the plot of a TheMarlboroman story. It would have been really good right up until the end when for some bizzare reason that had nothing to do with the rest of the plot, everything gets pinned on the wife being an out of touch liberal and somehow blamed on Trump's administration when. Clearly it was the fault of Obama's administration. Oh wait this story doesn't have any of that shit. Yeah this one is good

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It would take a polygraph and questioning under sodium pentothal

I would toss scopolamine in there as well lol

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 4 years ago
great

Just a great little story. the series is terrific.

Thank you!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Sweet story, Mr. Jim.

Too bad it got posted late. That always sucks. Write another, please, Randi.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

@Anonymous Re "That Didn't Work" - Why should he listen to Sonja and her husband? They're not exactly unbiased witnesses.

@johnadp, we DON'T know she didn't cheat! I can't remember, but I don't believe that she left the hotel as soon as they KNEW (if they're telling the truth about the GPS!) that he did. As I said earlier, if it was a trick there was no reason to: 1) Get nearly naked, and 2) For the THREE of them to not come running out with a big, "Gotcha!"

@Powersworder - Agreed. Even IF you believed her story, it was such a cruel trick, especially with the MUCH better option of talking to him available, to make cutting ties necessary.

A couple of thoughts just came to me: She's talking about him being a house husband, when it's HIS job that has all the growth potential is foolish, and I wonder if cuckoldry wasn't in her plans?

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 4 years ago
Another great conversation

There is no way back for this couple, as evidenced by the husband's thoughts and perceptions. A person's reality is 100% their perception of it, not what someone else wants them to believe. This wife lost her case immediately upon conception and implementation of her (well, Sonja's) plan - if there ever was a Sonja.

5/5

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago

Well told. The cheating is not simply the sex. Lies and lack of communication have ended many marriages.

breville1breville1over 4 years ago
Great but Unfinished...

Excellent story about lack of communication, foolishness or plain stupidity.

While she makes a plea of innocence, very well I might add, the glaring issue for me is that we don't know what happened after he left the hotel window.

The last picture he took shows her topless, kneeling by the bed and the guy sporting a boner looking at her. We'll never know how far she would have gone or what she would have done to let him know it was a set up while he was there, if he hadn't been disturbed by that family coming along. How is she going to convince him that nothing else happened after wards?

One reader points out that they were tracking him on GPS and she was able to tell him that she knew exactly when he left. While this might prove that she was tracking him so that she could put on the show at exactly the right time and therefore it was a set up, we don't know with any certainty what happened after he left. In his mind everything he had seen so far meant that she was about to fuck another guy. So she needs to prove that after he left (she knew from the GPS tracking) nothing else happened.

Another reader talks about lie detector tests and truth drugs as a way of establishing that nothing else happened afterwards, amongst other things.... he just doesn't know this friend of hers and her husband.

I see four important points here....One, he is rightly very angry and upset and is not going to listen to or accept anything she says....Two, she needs to provide hard evidence like the truth drugs or whatever...Three, they love each other very much....Four, she must be totally fucking stupid not to keep talking to him about her points of concern and to listen to her friend.

Her inability to talk about it isn't her issue alone. It takes two to tango. If she didn't understand something, he should have explained in different ways and tried to demonstrate it too. And there is no excuse for stupidity, first for her to do what she did and second him for not discuss it before the divorce papers.

In reality, after he has a chance to calm down a little and digest what she said (over night or several nights), it would be clear to him that there might be some element of truth in what she was saying, however wild the scheme. After seven years with her, her actions were clearly very hurtful but with all her very plausible explanations, however stupid, it warrants checking out. If there was no actual infidelity, would he really throw away such a long relationship for a one time foolishness?? In a loving relationship It takes two to tango.

Most couples will spend some time after the initial shock and anger to examine whether they really want to part. By talking, they gradually release the pain and allow their love to reveal why they want to stay together for another try. I feel there needs to be a follow up to this story.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 4 years ago
I have never been disappointed in one of these stories, and...

every one of them deserves 5* as far as I'm concerned. This one is no exception. Keep'em coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yep, stupid bitch got caught cheating.

Hope she has a shit life.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Now I'm curious.

I would love it if this scenario was broken down and illustrated further.

What a brain fart if true! Did she really think it was a good idea or did she just get caught cheating and come up with an elaborate excuse or is the truth somewhere in between?

Good story.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
My first

My first encounter with your conversations. Based on this one, I have thirteen more that I need to read very soon. I don't think she cheated, but her game playing and lack of communication cost her dearly.

ohioohioover 4 years ago
Really well written

I can't explain what it is about the story (if I could, I'd be a better writer myself), but somehow, your words create a scene that feels real and powerful. The argument and situation move the reader--it's tense, and painful.

In short, it makes so much of the writing in Loving Wives feel superficial, ridiculous, and unconvincing. Great work!

Thanks, ohio

SelqSelqover 4 years ago

Very enjoyable story.

What makes the whole thing even more interesting is how different commenters perceived her actions differently.

@johnadp, by your comments you are convinced that she didn't cheat. Whereas when I read the story I came away almost positive that she did and if she didn't, then the hoax was so cruel and demeaning that the marriage is still over.

The vagueness of the story makes it so that we can all have our opinions without ever knowing who, if any, of us are actually right.

Perception is usually based on past experiences, and reading the comments on this one seems to show a wide range of experiences creating many different perspectives.

Excellent story and an easy five stars from me. Thank you for writing.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
@Sbrooks103x

You say "we don't know if she didn't cheat." Well, the point is that what she was saying was credible as far as him being tracked. So, her story of this being a setup matches up.

She knew exactly when he left the window. That means someone was monitoring him at that exact moment. Which means if she was planning on cheating on him and was tracking the husband for that reason, and Sonja was in the bathroom tracking him at that exact moment, then Sonja would have told her that her husband was right outside the window so she better chill.

The only other alternative is if the phone GPS service gave her tracking history, and after she cheated she said let me see where my husband was when I cheated, just in case. I don't know if that's possible, but even if it is it doesn't make sense. Because she would have no clue the time the GPS says he was in proximity to the motel was the same exact time she was doing what she was doing. For all she would have known is that he left after he saw the other man penetrating her. Who knows minute by minute what they were doing sexually. But she knew that her husband didn't see that, and the only way she would have known is if the tracking was live, or she keeps minute by minute tracking of what she does sexually when she cheats or was videotaping the fucking and it had a time monitor on it.

Now, as far as, well she could have still fucked the other man after he left. But if her plan was to try to make him jealous and make him really feel losing her, then what? She sees a man with an erection and she says why not? With that cynical mindset we can be cynical that she could have been cheating every day, or he could have been cheating on all his trips. The point is that her story lines up. He was obviously set up.

Again, I don't see her doing this as her first cry that there is a problem. Just like I wouldn't believe that a child is doing something the parents don't like over several months, that the parents never correct the child or let the child know what he is doing is wrong, and then 6 months later they throw the child out of the house, and disown him. It doesn't make sense unless the parents are retarded or insane, just like she would have to be in the story, and there is no indication of that.

Now this couple sound like they have LOTS to talk about, but it sounds like they've had lots to talk about for a long time. The problem for them staying together in the long term is their lack of communication skill, not this incident. After he calms down he could get over this, unless she was always manipulative and this was the final straw (but he doesn't indicate that in the story). If they get counseling it should primarily be on how to communicate, and not this incident.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

@Breville1, one thing that has been hinted at, but never answered, is how soon after he left did she get home? Presumably they knew when he left (Or did Sonja stop tracking him once he arrived?), so she should have arrived home right after him, with no time to have fucked. In any case, she never revealed her "trick" until he confronted her. If the whole point was to show him what he was risking with so much travel, wouldn't it make sense to hit him between the eyes with it ASAP, instead of using it as a weak excuse after he hits her with divorce papers?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Companion Piece Please

This is a wonderfully screwed-up scenario. Your conversations always evoke a response in me that reaches beyond logic and reading comprehension.

I know it has not been your practice for this series but please consider a Conversations 14-suppl in which you give the wife's POV. it would be fascinating to read her reality.

Twenty years ago a therapist told the ex and me that each person navigates the world using a GPS that needs frequent recalibration and a map set that needs regular updates. Couples could learn to use the same reference sets and measurement scales and thus facilitate their journey together. Ours proved too out of sync for us to travel on in tandem. At the time I never wondered if even our landmarks were different. Where is the South Pole?

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
It really didn't matter if she cheated or not

Because she either cheated on him or she tricked him and played him for a fool, showing him the ultimate in disrespect.

In either scenario he had decided that divorce was the only valid option available to him.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago

One of the better stories to your recent coversations. They seemed to be floundering but back now.

ribnitinribnitinover 4 years ago

Once again, a great story (with a post-modern twist).

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

@Breville1 - I hate moderated comments! I already gave a partial answer to, "How is she going to convince him that nothing else happened after wards?" before your neewr comment posted. - A possible START, would be her coming to him BEFORE he hit her with divorce papers. "I know you were watching us through the motel window. That was a set-up to show you what could happen if you didn't cut back on your travel."

As I said in my earlier comment, why didn't she (apparently) come straight home and tell him about it that night? We're not told, but I have to assume that she was still there long enough to have fucked. Also, I can accept her getting topless, but stripping down to a "tiny" thong? Let's not forget that she started in her "come fuck me" LBD.

@silentsound - As I said to breville1, if it was just a stupid plan, why wait for him to serve papers to say it, when it comes out sounding like an excuse.

@johnadp, once again, if it was a ploy, she would have gone straight home to confront him, with no time available for her to have fucked. She CERTAINLY would have confronted him before he confronted her.

OPrimeOPrimeover 4 years ago
Great Story

I love all the comments analyzing her actions and motives. To me it is simple. The moment she failed to discuss and communicate her needs with her husband they were done. Instead she shared her marriage issues with her work colleagues.

Additionally she chose to punish, worry and create a painful situation for her spouse rather than communicate with him. Is this her idea of problem solving in her marriage?

Her solution to marital problem solving turns into entertainment for her friend and the friend's husband, while she gets to play the victim. To make it better she and others plan his job future and reproductive plans. How sweet is that?

The wife lacks apparent, empathy for her husband, any mature idea of what her relationship with her husband should be and even a clear understanding of the details (finances, jobs, future employment, children) of her marriage.

Husband is lucky he found out early on. Only thing I would have done differently, would have been to kick her ass out to the curb. Enough said

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
loved this one

i loved this because of her delayed response. if she really set him up, why let him dangle in the wind like that?!? It was beyond cruel. So I agree with the husband's response, regardless.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Left

You left this one open. Did she actually cheat? Like your protagonist says, does it really matter, if he believes she did?

mustelamustelaabout 4 years ago
Excellent story about lack of communication, foolishness or plain stupidity…

... as one of the commentators rightly put it.

In all of these “Conversations” stories, I notice three things.

1 / A conversation takes place in pairs. In most of the stories, the author essentially offers us a monologue (especially in conversations 6). The "accuser" does not listen to the responses or ignore them. I admit that communication in a couple can decrease or even disappear over the years, but for these moments of crisis, the author chooses a little too easy

2 / The comments are often of good quality, pointing out the shortcomings of the story, the improbabilities, the moments when the author went a little too fast, did not give enough thought to the consequences of a short sentence. Perfect. Nevertheless, I was struck by the aggressiveness, the harshness, the aggressiveness, the cruelty, ... of many commentators towards the woman who cheated on her husband, even who did nothing but contemplate it. Who are these readers to cry out their resentment in this way? What "shit" do they keep repeating over and over like the husband in this story ?

3 / Generally, the cheated husband (or believing himself cheated) does not listen to anything, never tries to think, to understand, and matures in his vainglory and his pride. It’s not about forgiving whatever happens, but about looking at everything from one side to the other. Obviously, there would be far fewer stories, much to the despair of BTB fanatics.

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 4 years ago

Enjoyed that a lot, but like many of your stories but this one in particular, I'd have preferred more details of the aftermath

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessabout 4 years ago
This series is getting a bit frustrating even though the idea was interesting

They're good, but it's like watching a youtube clip of a pivotal scene in a movie. Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise in court from "A Few Good Men" for example. It's good but it's not much without the movie around it.

It's the difference between a ham and cheese sandwich on rye bread, and a fist full of ham.

It's tired and you're hurting yourself as a writer, being forced by the premise to stuff each one with exposition. It bogs down even a short story, and if it was a proper story you wouldn't need it. You summarize the unseen beginnings to these stories into a couple of forced paragraphs and then have no endings. Time to put this idea to bed and write a damn story.

Anyway, you're really good, and I'm just speaking for myself. Maybe others would disagree, and prefer 20 youtube clips rather than 2 or 3 good movies. For me I'd prefer you wrote one full story a month than a few snippets a month. You definitely have the talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
BUSTED......

If it was a setup she'd have confronted him earlier. She and her coworker had some sick swapping shit going on. That explains getting naked. If she just wanted him to think it was possible, when he looked in the room she'd have looked him in the eye standing beside Sonja and her husband. Nope, she fucked him and Sonja may very well have been in the bathroom. According to the writers on this site, there are a lot of sick fucking people out there.

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 4 years ago
of course it's left open...

...since that's the point. He doesn't know. He only has his perceptions, both of what he saw and heard, and of what she is saying now. His senses are factual, but incomplete. Her words are devalued. Equally important, his brain has filled in the gaps, so without proof, he is led to believe the worst. Plus, her story really is disrespectful, so even if totally true, should he stay with that ugly reality? If nothing else, this type story is a great example of why every little detail need not be spelled out. If every author did that, it would be like reading a recipe book.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
IT LOOKS LIKE ONE OF THEM HAD TAKEN 1 TOO MANY TRIPS

sooner or later it will wear off and a sudden drop WILL happen, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This one was good because it proves a point. Truthfully, Tracy probably didn't cheat but I guarantee she wanted to. She wants the power in the relationship. She wants complete control. I am absolutely certain that she loves her husband but she wants to break him and make him do what she wants and needs. Classic borderline behavior.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 3 years ago

Got to give you props, each of your stories are different and not cookie cutter like a lot of these writers.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 3 years ago
Favorite Line

“Wouldn’t know from a steamrollered teddy bear”

phill1cphill1cover 3 years ago

His stories seem more real than most.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Very nice!!! BTB!!!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
@ANON 1/18/20 Nailed It!

The last time for her to disclose her setup and have ANY credibility was the second before incredulously asking “You had me followed?” Much better would have Sonya told Sweetie that Hubby was walking away from the motel. Or before (instead of?) taking off her bra!

4*

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

The kicker is that her argument started with Sonja telling Tracy to tell her husband about her concerns. The rest? Bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So many things wrong when really it all comes down solely to communication between a husband and wife. Probably a lot of marriages fail because of this. Ultimately in the story he should have been more sensitive to her needs and she should have told him she was unhappy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Even if he believes her

There's enough reason to divorce her. She thought so little of him, that instead of talking to him, she followed the moronic plan of a coworker, stripped naked for a stranger, and made sure her husband saw it. Their marriage was over the moment she decided to talk to a stranger about her marriage, instead of her husband. Everything else was just putting the nails in the coffin. Couple that with the smirks, the snide comments, the utter disdain and disrespect, the absolute lack of remorse she displayed during the conversation, clearly seeing his pain, and rubbing salt in his wounds, proudly declaring how good she looked naked in the motel... well, only an idiot would want her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Re 'She didn't cheat'

Yes she did. The moment she started listening to Sonja, her marriage was doomed. It didn't matter if she fucked Lindsay.. Lando... whatever his name, or not. She made a decision to book a hotel room, go there with him, and give him a striptease, all with the intention of hurting her husband as deeply as possible, and making sure he saw it. So what if Jolly Roger didn't get to run his flagpole up her, everything she did up to that point was cheating. Simply making the plan and getting to to point of bringing what his name in on it, and going through with it was cheating. The moment Sonja's opinion became more important that her husband's, they were finished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
The best revenge on Sonja

Would be to somehow convince her that Tracy and Linden got together for sex after this, and point out that it would never have happened if she didn't put them together, naked, in a room. Create the doubt, fabricate evidence, and convince her that she is responsible for creating a situation where her husband couldn't resist the temptation she herself put in front of him. Destroy her.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 3 years ago

So at best a half assed plan instead of talking?

Nicely written.

Thx

ErotFanErotFanalmost 3 years ago

The whole conversation was carefully set up to make her story believable. The husband began as believing she had committed adultery. However, in light of the explanation of the farce, no matter how juvenile a plot, his "perception" excuse to continue the divorce also seemed pretty lame.

I would suspect that a continuation of the story could easily be written showing the husband having second thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

His reality is the reality of a fucking jerk. He doesn’t deserve the priveledge of her love. Her plan was not the best, but they should have had a good laugh, and then figured out what to do. Grow up folks.

Bilgerat13Bilgerat13over 2 years ago

She showed no respect for him at all. The simplest way of dealing with his travelling would have been to talk to him but No, she is a prima donna who listened to "her friend" rather than talk to him. she deserved everything she got for making him out to be a fool.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

I loved the about his telepathy and ESP not working. good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Could really use more of an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Incomplete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Better than nothing?

No

Premise ok handling terrible.

Follow with no real plan?!

Etc and then,?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Someone else said it

The moment she started talking with Sonja about her marriage and taking her idiot advice, the marriage was done for. At that point Sonja's opinion was more important than her husband's. She placed Sonja on a higher level in her marriage than her husband. Whether she screwed the guy or not, the were finished.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Good story but incomplete. I found many of the "CONVERSATIONS" series stories that way. It's like SleeperyJim has an idea to start a story, but does not know how to end it.

I can't believe an intelligent wife will leave it like that without providing a solid proof to her side of the story.

And the way she lead her husband to feel broken over her infidelity. Waiting for him to talk with her. Was she trying to teach him a lesson? For what? They decided together he should take the job.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"You had me followed?" - If her story is even halfway true, she KNOWS that HE was following her, since that was part of her plan.

\

He's supposed to read her mind that there's a problem, but she, who KNOWS there's a problem, at least in her mind, can't use her words to tell hlm?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

How many men have been left hanging over the flame flames of women leaving them in the dark of whatever he did or didn't do, right, wrong or nothing but her delusional opinion?

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Another tale of a self-righteous, butt-hurt whiner.

Of course the MC has all his ducks in a row. He is on top of the conversation, and the wife is helpless when confronted by his superior planning and knowledge. He is SuperGuy!

Most of the really crappy shit on this site falls in line with this sad male fantasy. The losers who crave this BTB stuff apparently all need to imagine themselves in a superior position like this. In reality, these guys are really just ordinary saps, and when the heavy stuff comes down, their main facial expression is deer-in-the-headlights, and what comes out of their mouths is mostly, “But, but, we… ummm?”

I’m of the strong opinion that a lot of the tripe that ends up being piled up in LW is a poor substitute for the conversations these chuckleheads should be having with therapists.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Whoa! What a bunch of confused man-haters in this batch of commenters. Forget the speculation of whether coitus occurred in the hotel room.

Let's stick to the facts. Wife was seen entering a compromising situation (secretive phone call, hotel room, man with a woody, etc.) Wife performed a strip to naked in front of a not-husband male. Wife is confused whether hubby or his agent followed her ("You had me followed?!) but later declares she knew hubby was on her trail. Wife admits to choosing the second bit of advice from her friend (first advice was to talk to hubby, second was to play a trick.) Wife admits to playing a manipulation game on hubby.

Summation: wife gave away (at least the outer layers of) her complete devotion and chastity pledged forever to only her husband. Through conspiracy and manipulative exercise wife demonstrated lack of respect, thereby losing hubby's trust.

Judgement: end of marriage.

Great story, SleepyJim.

Keep 'em comin'.

Willowghby

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

What about an end? Another good story spoiled, rn2711 as it spot on you don't seem to know how to close one of these stories out. As for the story another stupid bloke who puts his ego before everything else, who appears to have a nice loving wife, who he casts aside without giving it due process. I am not saying he shouldn't get divorced if that's how he eventually feels, but for goodness sake, out your brain in gear, wait to the cold light of day, think it through, talk to her when you have both calmed down. Don't lecture about America and signing divorce papers, then getting them all sorted out here in Britain within a few days. You wouldn't get in through the door to for a full discussion within that time scale. (maybe to just open the case but no more) it would take weeks here if not months to get the thing delivered.

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 1 year ago

Awesome work, and she was lying. Otherwise, she would have said "I know you were following me," instead of asking "You have me followed?"

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

Interesting take on a cheating (maybe) wife.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Does not matter if she did have sex or not.

Fact #1 She was bored but did not talk to hubby about it.

Fact #2 She totally disrespected him by setting up and going forward with her stupid plan.

Fact #3 And the most important. She willing got naked in front of a man not her husband. She accidently flashed the postal man and was pissed off and embarrassed by it but was actually looking forward to getting naked with her friend's husband.

Laurentius0150Laurentius0150about 1 year ago

So far you should have stopped at #8. Numbers 9 to 13 have gradually become more and more contrived or not full stories in any way always leaving a cliff hanger that never gets followed up. I will continue reading the rest because overall you are a very good writer.

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

I got to say I liked it, interesting story⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, but what a dumb plan on the wife's part, if husband doesn't believe her then all the evidence suggests adultery, leading to divorce, no plan b, so have a nice life wifey, especially as you no longer have hubby's incoming to spend, could always ask Linden for cash, in exchange for " services rendered"....

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

Good story, BUT the failure in the plot is that until he filed for divorce she never brought it up, so her whole plan of teaching him a less was BS unless she confronted him, which of course she never did. She appears to have been a cheating slut and probably was.

And her comment that she never brought any of them back to the house????? WTF?

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
It

Could have been better

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Interesting but some flaws. Why wouldn't she have the hotel "stunt" being taped by a video camera in the room / Sonja, so she had a record to rely on if he refused to believe her. What woukd he have seen if he had not had to leave because of the other guests coming by with suitcases? And why did she wait to receive a divorce decree? That sets wheels in motion. Why not confess and confront him, get his blood up the pull the rug and come clean. Waiting until the divorce filing, makes no sense if her plan was to shock her husband. Not confronting him afterwards makes it look like she came up with an excuse especially without the video evidence to attest to her staging everything. Honeslty given her reactions on the dialog, she probably did stage it. Dumb idea but she probably was telling the truth based on her reactions at key parts of their discussion. But he had already gone through the meat grinder and arrived at divorce. And besides even if there was proof thatbshe staged it, would it still ever work out? She didn't talk to him. They didn't fight about his job. She think he woukd gleefully accept being a stay at home husband. She is clueless about he feels about his career. Maybe they got to counseling and work some stuff out. But even if she proved that she did not sleep with Sonja's husband, it still probably leads to divorce. Stunts like this awaken a lot of emotions in the aggrieved spouse. It is a form of abuse. She shoukd have argued with him and demanded counseling or she was going to seek divorce herself. She listened to bad advice from a stupid bitch (Sonja).

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ironically she was probably telling the truth based on her reactions in their conversation. But she was also incredibly stupid listening to Sonja. No videotape of her own showing the whole hoax session inside the room to prove her scheme? And like prior poster commented, why wait for the divorce nisi? Just come clean and shock him. Have the backup video tape. He might still get really pissed. He might even leave for a while. But he would likely return and they try to work it out in counseling. Also her idea of him not working and his career being unimportant was tone deaf on her part. She handled this about as badly as one could.

BehindbluisBehindbluis10 months ago

Even in reality you hear so much about how "I talked to my friend and got their advice instead of talking to you and getting yours." Of course, she pretended so much she must now be pretty good at it so she could go and pretend he understood and didn't leave her; he's just on another long trip.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

With this much betrayal, disrespect, and broken trust. There needs to be a crap ton more of crying, wailing, smoking craters, and blood running in the streets.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Mostly I agree with Anonymous from 3 months ago with this exception. He wanted out. His precious job was more important to him, (but they agreed you say. Things change I say) Yes she was STUPID but he “preferred” his reality. He deserves to be “alone” and left that way forever in his reality. Even if she took a lie detector test he would continue to “prefer” his reality or maybe changed his argument because he wanted out. Screw him! Again she was STUPID.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Holy crap. In what distorted reality did she think that this would turn out well and not blowup in her face.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This one needs to be stretched out. There needs to be more crying, wailing, smoking craters, and blood running in the streets. So, lets look at this from his "reality" (as it is the only one that counts). She plots with a co-worker and her husband to have a fling. She lies to him, betrays him, and manipulates him. We won't even talk about her wanting him to unwillingly become a house husband to raise their non-existent child. No, no, hell no.

EoRaptor013EoRaptor0135 months ago

An interesting take on objective vs subjective reality. We only perceive reality through our own senses, we also accept a consensus reality when the perception others have are more or less congruent with our own. In this case th see re was only his wife's perceived reality, and perhaps those of one or two others, whose impartially he has every reason to suspect.

Nicely done E.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married874 months ago

Another great story! This one however needs to be continued or expanded further to let us know how how Jeff and Karen end up as well as how Marco and Caroline end up with the birth of their baby.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She’s supposed to be so religious that she whispers when she swears, yet she either lied and manipulated him, which is bearing false witness, or she committed adultery. Bullshit!

I’m not saying that devout people don’t sin. They do. But good Christian women don’t go from honoring their husbands to whatever this was without steps in between. Even with her coworker whispering corruption in her ear, it’s too drastic of a change. First she would swear openly. Then she would start drinking alcohol (more). Then she’d dress slutty. Next is the disrespect and belittling.

The story doesn’t show any of this. I know the author is anti religion, and thinks that believers are morons, but that doesn’t excuse poor writing. Is this a lack of understanding, or just trying to portray hypocrisy, and failing?!?

ZK

usaretusaret3 months ago

Entertaining, but not my cuppa.

Norseman123Norseman123about 2 months ago

Shoot her friends 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The tale was pretty laborious, with too much repetition. Otherwise, not a bad effort. Between three stars and four..

Three stars.

JPB NOT BOB

DevotedWifeDevotedWife6 days ago

Excellent! As are all of SleeperyJim’s “Conversations.”

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Five stars all the way.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

How has this woman lived long enough to reach adulthood?

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Another entertaining story. Some commentator coined the terms "objective reality" and "subjective reality". The former is commonly referred to as "reality". "Subjective reality" would be the version of reality developing in a persons mind. The crux is that practically nobody is able to make this "subjective reality" available to another person in its entirety. On one hand it is a reality that every person has its own, personal model of reality, but this model is very primitive compared to reality and it is flawed. The model is real, but is has only a faint resemblance with "the rest" of reality. Therefore I prefere "perceived reality", often simply called "truth". But that term is tainted because of its inflationary use by propagandists of all sorts. They devalue the word by placing "the" in front of it and by claiming to own "the truth".

Depending on the philosophical doctrine "truth" stands for "percieved reality", in simple terms its the honest version of the ever changing model of reality that a person develops. It's filtered, molded and restrained by the limitations of our senses and our abilities to obtain and process knowledge. Its coloured by our beliefs and feelings. That leaves me with the belief in one reality and countless truths. Well, and a world of lies, deception and demagoguery.

As for the story, the MMC is left with no choices. Even if he was willing to give up his job, his choices are to either live and raise children with a disrespectful cheater or to do it with a disrespectful manipulator.

Some commentator states that why yes, the couple had developed a consent on both of them pursuing the careers they each had started out on, but things change so the husband should just go with the program. Yes, things might change, but for the commenter's remark to have any impact on the way the story goes, one of the changes had to be that the husband has no say anymore and becomes the wife's marionette.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous