Conversations 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A month before the fourth reunion I was stress testing our latest product at home, and trying my best not to throw the controller at the television screen in frustration, when the doorbell rang.

And there was Melanie.

As I did my famous goldfish impression, she started what turned out to be a well-rehearsed speech that may have got a little garbled in presentation.

"It took me a while to find where you went. I didn't want to say goodbye because I couldn't say that to you -- and I didn't want to, so it wasn't the end. I got my degree in Edinburgh, and picked Computer Sciences when I found out where you worked and what your brother's company did. I didn't want to come across as a stalker, but I followed the company on Facebook, and then followed your girlfriend and when she changed her status to single I knew I had to move quickly, and please don't send me away. Besides, you can't, because your brother employed me today to lead your games development team, so we'll be working together, and now I'm here, and you're here and I've always been in love with you. Oh god, I'm so stupid and I'm not saying this right, and..."

I shut her up very effectively, by drawing her in and kissing her gently but firmly until she relaxed and then melted into my embrace.

At twenty-two, she was no longer a girl: she was a beautiful woman, and yes -- her mind could still eclipse the universe, especially mine. Was it creepy that I was willing to take a damped-down, half-forgotten affection for an incredibly beautiful and exceptionally bright schoolgirl, and allow it to fire up into a solar flare? Possibly. Probably. But I was willing to take that chance.

When we drew apart after a very long moment, having dismissed all those claims at school that she was a lesbian, I managed to say my first word.

"Melanie?"

"Present, sir!"