Cookies 'n Cream

Story Info
Two sisters discover each other.
19.3k words
4.78
25.2k
65
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shakna
shakna
1,840 Followers

Kim was feeling tired and exhausted as she pulled her car around and into the street running down by the park. She could see the cluster of vehicles that represented her family immediately. They always had to go and make it into a huge event, though this one had a good reason.

The park was one with picnic tables, a wetlands with a trail running through it, and nothing else. Not even a single solitary swing. Though, if she jumped onto one of those like she always wanted to, then her family was likely to call her out on it. Part of the reason she lived so far away from them.

However, this had been one birthday event that she couldn't get away with missing.

Kim parked the car, and took a moment. She closed her eyes and steeled herself like she did before every match. Letting go of her anxieties, burning away the lingering worries until it was just her and the flame in her mind. A sense of oneness in the void.

She opened her eyes and grabbed the present from the seat beside her and stepped out of the car. Almost immediately she heard a squeal and someone yelling her name. She barely got the door closed before she was wrapped in a tight hug.

Kim tried, unsuccessfully, to extricate herself from the bear grip. The red curls in her mouth told her that it was one of the twins, and the excitement told her the rest. "Uh. Hi, Sophia."

The woman clung to her even tighter, "It's been so long! You cut your hair."

Last time Kim had been home, she still had the haircut least likely to annoy her mother. Brown, straight, and tumbling down her back to her waist. It had been cute, but impractical. Now, she had a short cut that swept over one of her eyes, dyed white.

"Eh. Yeah, I guess."

Sophia snuggled into her, "I like it. Suits you."

Kim counted off a few seconds to be polite, and then tried to pointedly walk towards the rest of her family. Her younger sister reluctantly moved from cuddling to hugging onto her arm. "Mum's been complaining about you, so remember to bite your tongue. She's a bitch, but you're not about to go changing her."

"Has anything changed around here?" Kim said sarcastically, spotting the table with the presents and adding her own before she looked around. Her brother waved from where he was cooking at the BBQ, her parents ignored her, and one or two of the cousins gave nervous waves. The other twin was nowhere in sight.

Sophia frowned, "Hmm... Dad got old? Seriously though, nothing ever changes."

"You were going to start uni this year, weren't you?" Kim started making her way towards their parents. Half-dragging Sophia along with her.

The girl cringed, "Mum insisted I do another year at the bookshop. Dad's getting too old to run things. His back is acting up again."

That told Kim everything she needed to know. Sophia still wanted to go to university, and finish her arts degree. However, just like the first time, their mother was putting her foot down and insisting on grooming Sophia to take over the failing family book store. Trying to ruin multiple generations with debt for nostalgia's sake.

Kim was the only one of them who could say no to the family matriarch. For which, she was heavily shunned.

"Happy birthday, Dad." She said, putting on a smile. He did look older than the last time she'd seen him. Not frail, or weak, but beginning to look his age. All seventy years of it.

He looked up and grunted, "You made it then, Kimberly."

"Wonderful to see you, too." She barely resisted from making it sound as sarcastic as she meant it. "How have you been?"

"What do you care?" Her mother snapped.

The old man suddenly looked exhausted, "Don't you start."

"No! I won't be quiet. She never calls. Never visits. How exactly does she show that she's a member of this family?" Her mother said haughtily, "You would think she'd at least do something decent with her life after all the effort we put in to giving her a proper upbringing. But then she has to go and become a boxer!"

The mischaracterisation grated, but Kim was well aware her mother was calling her a boxer to try and get under her skin. Trying to intimidate her into moving back home and onto the path of life that had been meticulously planned out for her.

"I saw you on the telly." Her father ignored his wife, "That was a big deal, wasn't it? Something to be proud of."

Kim felt almost like he'd kicked her in the stomach. He'd never come close to saying a compliment to her since she was a kid. He was being careful of how to word it in front of her mum, but he was impressed with her.

Her voice cracked, "Thanks, dad."

"Go grab some food." He ended the conversation before his wife could launch into another attack. Kim took the opportunity grateful with a murmured thanks and something about talking more later. Maybe he was mellowing in his old age.

"TV?" Sophia asked excitedly, "I didn't hear about that! Deets!"

Kim shrugged, "Charity match for cancer kids. I got my ass kicked six ways to Sunday. My ribs are still bruised. Hey, Huey."

Her brother waved at his dominion, "What'll it be, ladies? And did you just say someone beat you up, Kimberly?"

"Relax. It was a match. Burger, ta." She replied to him and glanced towards Sophia.

The redhead shook her head, "I'm good. Already ate, and mum's on me about my weight, again."

Kim couldn't help herself, lifting Sophia up easily who squealed in surprise. She looked up at the woman, "Are you kidding me? I could do this all day. You're a featherweight. Make it two burgers, Huey. Pretend they're both mine."

"Put me down! Put me down!" Sophia laughed, kicking.

She lowered her easily. If Kim had to guess, Sophia weighed about sixty kilos. At twenty one, she really did weigh absolutely nothing at all. Kim, on the other hand was a solid eighty and had been since she'd started fighting professionally.

She was sort of cheating on her trainer's diet, as Huey loaded up her roll with way more meat than greenery, but she could afford to indulge herself. And if she had to deal with her mother, she was going to treat herself.

Sophia looked embarrassed and out of breath as Kim took the food, "Catch you later, Huey."

The two headed into the wetlands, where no one could see Sophia grab the other burger and immediately begin wolfing it down. Finally released so the redhead could use both hands, Kim took her time with hers. "So, managed to catch any boys?"

"One. Didn't last." Sophia said through a mouthful, "He met dad at work, after about a week."

Kim gave a sympathetic laugh, "The intimidation speech, or the marriage one?"

"The if-my-daughter-is-pregnant one." Sophia munched noisily, "I mean, you'd think he'd be grateful to have grandkids. It isn't like he'll get 'em from anybody else. Oops. Sorry, Kim."

She shook her head, "Nah, I still don't want kids."

"Still... Single?" Sophia asked apologetically.

Kim looked around to make sure no one was in sight and then pulled out her phone. "We had a huge fight about me coming, so I don't know. It was bad, but they've moved in."

Sophia stared, her mouth open and showing off a bunch of grossness. "No. Way."

Kim swiped to another photo of the two of them making out in front of a sunset behind a city skyline. She smiled and tucked it away, "You know to keep that under your hat, right?"

Sophia nodded slowly, "Since... When?"

"About third grade." Kim replied, "I'm assuming you're talking about that... And not how long we've been dating. That's about eight months. We met after one of my matches. They're a nurse, helped patch me up."

"That is so friggin' adorable!" Sophia grinned ear-to-ear, "But... Lordy, third grade? You've been keeping it a secret that long? What made you decide to tell me?"

Kim shrugged, "I haven't had to hide it since I moved out. Wouldn't really be fair of me to tell everyone at dad's seventieth. But it's just me. Not a big deal to anybody else."

"You know this is basically mum's worst nightmare though, right?" Sophia hesitated, "She'll disown you. For real. I won't be able to talk to you anymore or anything."

She sighed heavily, "Mmm... You thought any more about uni?"

The redhead glumly lowered her burger, and dropped into sitting crosslegged on the path. Kim held her side as she sat down across from her, kicking her feet out sideways. She ate quietly, waiting for her sister to talk.

Sophia took a long time to decide what she wanted to say. "I want to. I want to move out and go to uni in the city, closer to you and just... Get the hell out of here. But I can't do it. I'm not you. Mum yells. Dad cries. I cave. I can't do it to them, Kim."

"If you're not careful, you're going to inherit the store. And I know you hate working there." Kim said firmly, "You need to get out, Soph. They're going to suck you dry and leave you to fix their shit, even after they're gone. Dad's not getting any younger."

"I know!" Sophia said hotly, "Audry's been on me about it, too. Okay?"

Kim smiled at her sympathetically, "I know it's rough, Soph. I'm just worried about you, is all."

"You think your girlfriend would mind a roommate?" Sophia said glumly.

The two of them immediately heard a choking noise from nearby, followed by a guy's voice, "You okay?"

Audry emerged sheepishly a moment later, still buttoning up her shirt. The other twin coughed nervously, "Eh... Hi, Kim... Did you just say... Girlfriend?"

"Her name is Eve." Kim replied tiredly, and waved to the bush, "What's his?"

"Sean, you might as well come out." Audry said glumly and sat down on the path, "You're not going to tell mum, are you?"

"That we caught you blowing a guy?" Kim laughed, "Nah. What you do is your business. I don't think any of us wanna be snitches."

The guy in question emerged, red-faced.

Kim patted the ground, inviting him over. The guy swallowed, "Eh... I'm going to go, Audry. We can... Pick things up later, if that's okay with you?"

"Sure." Audry sighed.

Kim waited until he was out of earshot, "That mean someone's getting their carpet cleaned, later? Or is this sort of a... One-sided deal?"

"Says the carpet eater! Since when!?" Audry demanded.

"Third grade. Total crush on Lydia. I've basically always swung that way." Kim shrugged, "Anyways... What was your question, Sophia?"

The other twin winced, "Um... Roommate?"

"Well, if Eve hasn't packed her bags by the time I get back, that's probably going to be a `no'." Kim shook her head, "I can help find you a place you can afford but -"

"Mum's not paying her." Audry interrupted with a shake of her head. "Sophia's bank account is empty. Mum has her on... Pocket money. Like twenty bucks a week."

"That little bitch!" Kim exclaimed.

Audry nodded grimly, "Banned me from work and boys, too. Says I need to learn how to be more responsible, first. I've been sneaking out to do a graveyard shift at one of the local pubs. They've been getting worse, Kim. Dad threatened to call the cops on Sophia's boyfriend and accuse him of rape."

Kim looked at Sophia, "You didn't say he went that far! Screw it. I'm staying overnight at a hotel. You say you're sleeping over to catch up. Pack a bag. Then you come home with me in the morning."

"Kim..." Sophia hesitated.

She crossed her arms, "Someone has to put a stop to this. It can't keep happening."

"But... What about Huey? Audry?" Sophia looked at her twin.

The girl shrugged, "I can handle mum and dad. I can lie straight to their faces. You're the one they're hellbent on squeezing. Worst case, I've got savings enough for a crap flat. I've got a job and a boyfriend."

Kim hesitated, "Huey seemed... Quiet. Either of you know what's up with him?"

"Just missing his girlfriend." Audry shrugged. "Cassie is out of town visiting her grandparents."

"They're still together?" Sophia said in surprise, "They had that huge fight."

"In front of mum and dad." Audry rolled her eyes.

Kim stood up, "Well, I think we have a plan. And I'm going to go get Huey's help. You help Sophia get ready, Aud?"

"Aha." The more confident twin glared at the other.

---

"What do you need me to do?" Huey grinned.

Kim shrugged, "Nothing comes to mind, really. Mostly just run interference if you think that they've noticed something is up. You know Sophia, she's going to be fretting about the whole thing."

"Yeah. Girl can't lie to save her life." He agreed and thought for a moment, "You know what? She should head over early. Pretend she's not feeling well. Mum'll blame my cooking. She can chill with some TV and get over the initial fear. You really going to be okay with her..."

Huey hesitated, aware of the many ears, "Around your place?"

"Me, yeah. Roommate, not so much." Kim grimaced, "Already hates the family. The others already know. Eve. Cute nurse. Helps out the league."

He laughed, "I freaking knew it. Ever since you came back from that high school trip to the spa and refused to say anything about it."

"Language!" Their mother said hotly, causing both of them to jump. Thankfully, it didn't seem like she knew what it was that they'd been talking about.

Huey gave a relieved sigh, "So... Any pictures? What are they like?"

"Hot." Kim said deliberately and showed him her lockscreen quickly, "She's also really good at patching me up. Favourite nurse."

He raised his eyebrows, "You weren't kidding. Have to admit, I'm jealous."

"I think I still have Cas' number..." Kim teased.

Huey rolled his eyes, "Oof. I knew Audry thought it was a fakeout. No such luck, I'm afraid. She told me to choose, but I can't afford to, yet. I asked for time... She said I'd given her my answer."

"Yikes. That's rough, buddy."

He shrugged, "Yeah. It happens... Anyways, we should get things moving. Where's Sophia?"

---

The plan went off smoothly.

Huey took Sophia home, she packed a bag, and headed off to Kim's hotel. She upgraded her booking online to take two, and then pretended to hang out with the cousins. Most of them she couldn't stand because they idolised her mother.

Eventually her father opened his presents. Thanking each person with less sincerity than a toaster. Kim's present wasn't extravagant because she didn't know what to get him. A decent leather belt and a brand name sweater.

Then, it was time to cleanup the park and head off.

Just as she was leaving, she heard her mother complaining that Sophia wasn't picking up the phone and couldn't help but smile. The girl had some guts, she just needed the push to get her moving.

All in all, by the time Kim was opening the door to her room she was absolutely zonked.

She didn't see Sophia, but the lights were off.

Kim dropped face-first into the bed, and landed right on top of her sister with a crack of skull on skull. "Augh! Crap."

She rolled to the side, holding her head, as Sophia flicked on the bedside lamp. The redhead sat up, rubbing at her head, "Kim...?"

"Sorry." She muttered, flopping onto the second pillow. "Go back to sleep."

Sophia sniffled.

Kim looked up and saw her sister wasn't just crying, but had been for a while. Mascara had run down her face, and her cheeks were dotted with little black clumps of the stuff. Her eyes were inflamed, and her bottom lip was shaking as she tried to hold it all in.

Kim shifted a little and patted her arm, "C'mere."

Sophia dove into her arms and burst into noisy tears. Kim grabbed the edge of the blanket from behind her and hauled it over the both of them. She settled into the hug, and put her chin on Sophia's head. "Ssh. It's going to be okay. I'm right here."

"B-but, you're not going to be." Sophia cried, "Eve won't want me."

Kim rubbed her back, "She'll deal. Real people aren't as black and white. Your big sister is going to be right beside you, the whole time. 'Kay?"

"M'kay." She whispered.

Kim kissed the top of her head, "You always were a hugger, weren't you?"

"Eve hugs you, doesn't she?" Sophia whispered.

Kim frowned, "Um... Not so much. If I get a hug in the morning it's probably because she's feeling horny. We play footsies a bunch, but mostly we have our own space bubbles."

"That just sounds lonely." Sophia whispered.

She smiled and squeezed her, "I've never been much of a physical girl. Well, physical for romance and stuff like that. Helps that I'm not a twin, I guess."

"Audry doesn't let me hold her hand anymore." Sophia replied, "Um... Sorry about today, I guess. You kinda got the overflow from all of that. And... Sorry you have to save me."

"You're my sister. I'm always going to save you." Kim said firmly, and then remembered, "Oh crap. Um... You still a morning person?"

"Ha." Sophia said sarcastically, leaning back to look at her, "What time do you have to check out?"

"I've got a match. I barely managed to move it from today." Kim said and winced, "So... How does a 4AM wakeup sound to you?"

"Like death."

Kim smiled innocently.

Sophia glared, "Really? You're not kidding?"

"I'm not going to even have time to shower between getting out of the car and into the ring." Kim said pointedly. "So you'll need to either hang around the arena or head to my place on the tram."

"I don't know how to get around a city." Sophia whined, and then winced, looking down, "I... I'm not ungrateful. I just..."

"Ssh." Kim smoothed her curly hair and kissed her forehead. "You can take a nap in the break room. I'm the one whose sorry. I should have warned you earlier."

"Um... Kim...?"

"Mmm?"

"Could you... Teach me?"

She shrugged, "Sure. The basics aren't hard to pick up. Actually, my trainer runs a class for beginners that I help out with. You could join us, see if you like it."

"Your trainer hot?" Sophia probed with a small smile.

Kim smiled, remembering their legs. "Hells, yeah. For me. It's an all-girl gym. Sorry, no scrumptious guy for you to go and tempt. Though Chloe is a wee bit butch."

Sophia thought for a second and then shot forward.

Kim was taken completely by surprise as her sister kissed her. The small and soft woman in her arms planting a serious and lingering kiss on her lips. Just as Kim stopped reeling from the shock and started noticing how damn good a kisser Sophia was, she pulled away.

Kim flushed, sure her face was as red as Sophia's hair, "Uh... What was that?"

"I've never kissed a girl." Sophia said breathlessly, "I just... Without mum looking over my shoulder... I... I'm sorry."

Her sister tried to roll away, but Kim caught her, "You've been thinking you can finally do the things you want. And you didn't think I'd mind."

"Kinda." Sophia looked down in shame.

Kim sighed, "It was... A bit weird. But a lot of sisters are each other's first kiss. So I guess that was okay."

"Can I do it, again?" Sophia looked up excitedly.

"I have a girlfriend. Probably." Kim shook her head, "So, no. Though... You really don't need any practice, Soph. I wanted to kiss you back. Guess your boyfriends have been extremely lucky."

"No. They're a bunch of assholes." Sophia glowered, "That... Earlier... Sean... He's the guy that dad threatened. He dumps me because dad's too much, and then... He and Audry? She's my twin!"

"Wooow."

Sophia's jaw went tight, "And we never did anything but kiss and hold hands. I tried, but he was too scared of dad catching us to let me actually do anything!"

Kim frowned, thinking, "Um... Personal question, but -"

"Yes." Sophia said glumly and rolled onto her back. "I'm still a virgin. Only place I could hang out was at work. Apparently having sex in a bookstore where my parents might walk in at any time was too much of an ask. Most guys aren't like pornstars."

"Be grateful they aren't. Big dick, big pain." Kim quipped.

Sophia giggled, "What would you know about that, lesbian?"

"A girl still has her toys." Kim stuck her nose in the air before bursting out laughing. Sophia joined in with her. The two sisters smiled at each other, finally feeling like the stress was fading.

shakna
shakna
1,840 Followers