Coppernicous Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lynn came from the bathroom a few minutes later, already dressed and brushing out her damp hair. "I hope you don't mind if I bring some shampoo and conditioner and bodywash down here, Toomas. Your shower looks like a bachelor's." Her face paled as she realized what she said and I felt a stab in the heart. I took a deep breath and let the pain slide away. I knew what she was saying, and I guess in a sense, I was a bachelor of sorts.

"You can bring anything you need, Lynn. Personally, I don't need any of that stuff, but you are welcome."

"We need to get your bed changed quickly before I have to go, and you need a shirt before your company arrives."

I would have thought the shirt was first on the priority list, but not to Lynn. She started stripping the bottom sheet loose and then started putting a clean one underneath it somehow before rolling me sufficiently to get them both to the other side of the bed. Meanwhile, I was holding the top sheet over myself desperately to maintain what little shred of dignity and decency I had left.

"Relax, Toomas. Yours wouldn't be the first one I've ever seen, although I'm not trying to see it." She did pause, holding back her thoughts for a moment before giving me a cheeky grin and saying, "Although, I must say most of the men I've cared for in the nursing homes didn't have one that stood up nearly so nicely as yours does!" She giggled delightedly as she saw my face flame red.

It was only moments and she tucked in and threw a fresh top sheet over me and then pulled the soiled one out from under the new sheet. I was puzzled when she took a light blanket and tucked it in the foot of the bed before spreading it up and over me.

"Why the blanket today?"

"Because you've got some bigwigs from the university coming to see you at ten o'clock, and I didn't think it would go over well with them if you are tenting the sheets at them like you have been at all of us girls."

"So why didn't you give me the blanket yesterday when all of the team was around?"

She cocked one eye at me. "Really? You don't think we enjoy it? Why do you think some of the girls tease you so much? We like to look, too, you know, and you are safe. We know you wouldn't hurt us." Lynn's eyes pooled for a moment, then she dropped her head and stepped toward the bed. She grabbed my hand in both of hers and brought it up to her cheek. "I'm sorry if I took it too far, Toomas. We all love you. I don't want to hurt you."

Lynn dropped my hand and dropped her head to my chest, reached around me with both arms, hugged me as best she could, and began crying. I did the only thing I knew to do with a crying girl. I took her into my arms and held her there, my mind racing with wonder.

"P-part of it is that I want to pay you back for what you did for me. I owe you . . . I owe you my life." She lifted teary eyes to look up at me. "I owe you everything, and you can have anything you want from me. Anything." She was hiccoughing from her tears as she said it.

"Lynn, sweetheart, listen to me," I said softly to her. Feeling her body pressing against mine after all of the other stimulation was doing me no good for what I needed to say, and I didn't want to give the wrong impression. "You owe me nothing. What I did I would have done for any of you, or for any other woman as far as that goes. I'm glad I was able to protect you, but I want nothing from you for what I did."

"But maybe I want it . . ."

There was a knock on the door, and Lynn quickly stood and wiped the tears from her eyes before calling, "Come in."

***************

Deidra opened the door, carrying a breakfast tray. I could smell bacon, and my stomach growled, bringing a giggle from Lynn.

"Thanks, Deidra. I should be back a little after eleven, but I'll have my phone on if you need me for something." She leaned over the bed and kissed my cheek. "I'll see you in a little bit, Toomas. I showed Deidra what she needs to do if you need the bedpan or urinal. I'll be here for lunch." With that she pinky-waved at me and hurried out the door to make class on time.

"How did you sleep last night, Toomas? Are you in pain?" Deidra set the breakfast tray on my bed table and rolled it over in front of me.

"I slept well, considering. I can't wait to get this blooming cast off my leg so I can roll over. Other than that I slept well, and I don't hurt much."

"Would you like something for pain, or would you rather wait until after you eat?"

"Nothing, thank you. It's not bad."

I picked up the coffee cup first of all. I was amazed that I had been civil with Lynn while being bathed and the bed changed. Normally I'm on the grouchy order until I get my first cup of coffee.

When I uncovered my breakfast plate I was surprised to see a steak and three strips of bacon to go with what looked like half a dozen scrambled eggs and hashed browns.

"I'm supposed to eat all of this? Are you trying to fatten me for slaughter or something?"

Deidra snickered. "Your meals are going to be heavy on protein for a bit, Toomas. We have to build your blood supply back up. Eat what you can. If it is too much, just leave it. You've lost weight, and you need to gain some of it back, too."

"Did you fix this?"

A little bit of a blush and a nod.

"Thank you." I cut into the steak, and found it just as I like it. Marja used to say if it had a little Mercurichrome and a Band-Aid it would have a good chance of surviving, but I liked it juicy. This one didn't even need any steak sauce.

"This is excellent! What did you do to it? I taste a little something, but I can't tell what."

Deidra smiled the way I only saw her smile when her food was mentioned. "I just did a little marinade of my own making, but I only let it sit in it for about half-an-hour instead of overnight like people normally do. It's just enough to give a hint of flavor without hiding the beef. I'm glad you like it."

"What's in it?"

"I can't say. I may be patenting it later if it is successful in the B and B."

I cocked an eyebrow at her, only to get a cheeky grin in return. "I'll fix it for you anytime you like, but I'm not telling."

I dove in and started eating as if I had not eaten for weeks, but then, I can't really call hospital food, "eating". Before I knew it, the plate was empty, as was my second cup of coffee. Then it hit me. She said she had marinaded the steak for half-an-hour. That meant she had to have gotten up early to do all of this.

"What time did you get up to do this, Deidra? Not that I'm complaining, but this wasn't necessary."

She gave me that smile again as she removed the tray from the bed table. "I didn't do it because it was necessary. I did it because I wanted to." She bent down and gave me a gentle kiss. "When one loves someone, one does what one can to make the other happy." She picked up the tray and made her way out the door, and I couldn't help noticing the sway in her hips, and the wink she gave me let me know she knew I was watching.

***************

I tried working on my laptop while waiting for Drs. Cook and Anderson to arrive, but I kept getting distracted by Deidra's legs where they were stretched out on the couch. I don't think she caught me looking at her, but knowing her, I'm certain that even though she was reading for a class she was intentionally giving me a show. She had on a short skirt, and was lying so that I couldn't see up it, but could just see her legs extending. She had music on her mind, though, because one leg kept bouncing with the beat. I did my best to keep my mind on what I was doing, but it was difficult. I was actually relieved when I heard the doorbell. Deidra swung around on the couch to stand up, and flashed me before giving me a wink and a grin. I knew then the whole charade had been for my benefit.

I was starting to get a royal case of blue-balls from all of the teasing, and had no way of relieving myself. With round the clock care like I had I couldn't rub one out, and the girls were dead set on teasing me without mercy. I know Lynn would like to take care of it for me, thinking she owed me, and for that reason, above all others, I couldn't allow her to do it. No way was I going to take advantage of her vulnerability and feelings of guilt. Sure, she was as cute as a button, but I'm not that kind of a guy.

I straightened the blanket and lifted a knee when I heard the front door open and Deidra speaking with Dr. Cook. It was only a minute or two later when Deidra led them in the door of my office slash bedroom. Of course, I knew Dr. Cook well, but I had not had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Anderson before. Both ladies wore business suits, with skirts near the knee. "Toomas, I'll just be in the kitchen; if you need anything, Dr. Cook can call me." With that Deidra ducked back out the door.

"Toomas, Dr. Anderson tells me you two have not met. Please allow me to introduce you."

"That's not necessary, Helen." Dr. Anderson stepped to the side of the bed and shook my hand. "I'm Alma Anderson, and I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Toomas. I cannot thank you enough for what you did for Lynn." Her hand was soft in mine, and I noted she seemed in no hurry to let mine go. "If it had not been for you, who knows what could have happened." Her shoulders shuddered, and she slowly slipped her hand free.

"Dr. Anderson, please. I'm no hero. I just did what had to be done, what I would have done for my own daughter. Lynn is a member of my household, and I could not do less for her."

"Res ipsa loquitor," murmured Dr. Anderson. "Please, Toomas, it's Alma." At the quizzical look on my face, Dr. Anderson said, "Latin. 'The facts speak for themselves'." The ladies seated themselves on the couch, just as Deidra stuck her head back in the door.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't think to ask if you would like coffee or a soft drink. What can I get you?"

The ladies said coffee would be fine, and I just lifted my cup. Deidra ducked back out the door, returning moments later with a tray laden with a coffee silver coffee set I had forgotten I had.

"I made a strudel. I hope you will enjoy it." Deidra poured coffee for each of us, and then served us a healthy serving of her warm strudel. I had no doubt as to whether or not I would enjoy it. The more I saw of Deidra the more impressed I was with her. If her grace and aplomb in serving the ladies was a harbinger of what was to come with her bed and breakfast I knew I was sitting on a gold mine.

"Umm. This is delicious! Don't tell me she cooks for you as well as going to school and playing volleyball!"

"Not as often as we would like, Alma. She will be staying on for a couple more years working on a second degree in business and culinary arts. To be honest, I think she will be able to teach the teachers."

"I could believe it!" Dr. Anderson paused and cleared her throat and sipped at her coffee before continuing. "We in the university owe you a huge apology, Toomas, for the actions of our attorney. Please believe me that we had no knowledge of his actions until after the fact." She had shifted forward to the edge of the couch, which forced her skirt to slide upward a good three inches on her thighs. It was nothing improper, but she does have nice legs. "If I had known of his plans I would have stopped him long before he did anything."

"Please set your mind at ease. He said as much when he came to the hospital and barged in my room. I appreciate your concern, but you have no need." The look of relief on Dr. Anderson's face left no doubt of her concerns. "My attorney, Johnny Walker, was in the room with me when he interrupted our conversation, so he was a witness as well. Johnny's the president of the local bar association, and he is in agreement with me a complaint should be filed against Squires, but Johnny doesn't know about what the twerp did to Lynn before he came to the hospital."

The blood drained from Dr. Anderson's face and Dr. Cook joined her on the edge of the couch.

"What did he do to Lynn?" almost whispered Dr. Cook. "I didn't know anything about that."

"He came out here to the house while a crew was trying to clean up the damage. That's why you had to walk around those tarps on the floor out there. They will have to replace the flooring and repair the wall where I fell against it, but that is a different matter. Your attorney, Squires, wasn't it?"

"Former attorney," Dr. Anderson said softly.

"As I was saying, he came out to the house and barged in unannounced and uninvited and told Lynn she was going to be expelled from the university, that our contract was being revoked, and that the girls would all be relocated by the end of the week. He also accosted my daughter, Katarina, and called her a blood-thirsty gun nut for coming in to back me up. He said he was going to press charges against her for having a gun in a gun-free zone. Generally, he made an ass of himself. I might have overlooked what he did at the hospital, but I cannot, and I will not overlook what he did here at the house. Johnny is pressing charges against him as we speak, and I will sue him for damages."

Dr. Anderson's face was blanched, and sweat had beaded on her forehead.

"Surely, you don't hold the university responsible, do you, Toomas? I assure you, there is no action being taken against Lynn for any reason, nor against Katarina. Your contract is in no way endangered, and I'm in hopes we will be able to have a good relationship between us for many years to come."

I held up a hand to quiet her. "Be at ease. I know the university had nothing to do with him. I got a call from Johnny last night, and this doesn't leave this room, please. The reason Squires did what he did was he has also been representing Shawn's family interests here in town. There is a very good likelihood we will be able to tie him to illegal activities with them as well as conflict of interest.

"As for our contract, I'm more than comfortable with it, and I have enjoyed the last three years, too. What that misbegotten spailp did has no bearing on our relationship."

Dr. Anderson gave a big sigh of relief and patted her forehead dry with a tissue before shrugging out of her suit jacket. All I can say is, whoever made the sweater she had under it had her in mind, for when she pulled her jacket off her back she had to push her chest out, which tested the sweater to the max, and it was now I who had sweat beading his forehead.

Dr. Cook broke into the conversation. "What can we do for you, Toomas? I know the girls love living at your place, and they can't say enough good things about you. Is there anything we can do for you while you are laid up? Do you need help with the grounds or anything of the sort?"

"If you would care to do something about the grounds and any light maintenance for the next few weeks it would be much appreciated. I had planned to make some calls tomorrow to find someone to care for the grounds until I can get back on my feet."

"Consider it done. The athletic department will be most happy to care for that for you. We should have been doing it all along, anyway."

"You said the flooring had to be replaced, Toomas?" Dr. Anderson took charge again.

"The way I understand it is blood cannot just be cleaned up from hardwood flooring, so it has to be taken up and replaced. My insurance is taking care of that for me, and the rest of the damage repair."

"I want you to send all bills, medical bills, too, that insurance doesn't cover to the university. It is the least we can do. Anything we can do to help, we want to. I will also be wanting to speak with Lynn and extend the university's apologies to her for our former attorney's actions. I assure you, we will not only cooperate with you in your actions against him, we would like to join them, if you will allow us."

I nodded my agreement, and then with our business done, we got acquainted and had a good time talking together for the next hour. I was really sorry to see them go when they left.

Alma gave me her card, after scribbling her cell number on the back, when she left. "Call me anytime I can be of service, Toomas."

"Perhaps I could give you a call and invite you to dinner once I'm on my feet again?"

"I'd be delighted."

**************

Lynn bustled in the door as soon as she got back from class to find Deidra back in the same position on the couch she had been teasing me from before Drs. Anderson and Cook visited. Deidra had also managed to lose her bra once they were gone.

Lynn kissed me hello, but this time, to my surprise, it was a peck on the lips instead of on the cheek. "Give me just a couple minutes to change into my scrubs and I'll be back in to care for you, Toomas. Is there anything you need me to bring back for you?"

"I think I'm doing OK, Lynn. Thank you. You don't have to hurry. I'll be fine for a while."

Deidra sat up on the couch and swung her legs around, making sure I noticed them, and then walked to the other side of the bed and leaned down to hug me and give me a big kiss before she left. "You don't know how hard it is to study in here with you, wishing I was in that bed, too." Her whisper was faint in my ear, and her breath tickled, causing Little Toomas to twitch.

"He's done all right while you were gone, Lynn. I offered him a sponge bath after the bigwigs left, but he said you had already given him one. Lucky you!" She gave me a wink and watched Lynn's face get red.

"Nothing went on when I bathed him. He did all of the private stuff himself!"

Deidra laughed merrily. "You lose. You just call me anytime you need it done right, Toomas, and I'll take care of you." My face was flaming by this time. Lynn's was turning dark, but not with embarrassment this time, and she started sputtering.

"Hey, I'm only kidding, Lynn. Take it easy. I know he's your patient." Lynn started to calm, but I don't think she took the teasing very well. She certainly didn't waste any time going to her room, changing into scrubs and getting back.

*****************

I had no worries about my care. The girls practically fought over who got to be there for me whenever Lynn had to be in class. The only problem I had was with Lynn. She seemed to be more and more agitated with each day that she had to leave me in another girl's care. She knew full well how much they were teasing me while she was gone, and I do believe she was jealous.

She never wore a bra, but then, neither did any of the others. It seemed she was constantly dropping things so I'd have an opportunity for a good view when she bent to pick them up, but there was no spark to it. She acted like she thought she had to do it in competition with the other girls, but she was getting no joy from her actions. Meanwhile, I had a severe case of blueballs.

Finally, I decided I had to do something. I couldn't let Lynn go on this way. I was going to try some amateur psychology. I had no idea what I was doing, but I really couldn't pull Deidra in on this one, and I didn't know who else Lynn could talk with. Most of the team was gone Thursday and Friday for a tourney, so I had a better chance to get Lynn alone.

I waited until after dinner on Thursday evening, when everyone else was studying, and, fortunately, I had no requests for tutoring. "Lynn, would you shut the door for me, please?"

She looked surprised, for unless she was bathing me or something of the sort I had an open door policy whenever I had one of the girls in the room. I waited until the door was closed and then patted the bed next to me. "Could you come here for a couple of minutes? I'd like to talk with you about something."

"Did I do something wrong?"

"Not that I know of. I just want to talk, and I don't want to be interrupted." I patted the bed again down by my waist, and I waited until she sat down gingerly on the edge. I reached for her hand and held it, stroking it gently. "Lynn, sweetheart, tell me what is wrong. What has you upset? Have I done something to offend you?"