All Comments on 'Cora, Goddess of Spring'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
CagivagurlCagivagurlover 1 year ago

Nice story. It held me right to the end. Great flow, nice characters.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Good one laptopwriter... Loved the setting in the music industry, college love, and all. A really nice romance, with well drawn characters and great flow and pacing... So far I have read 4 outstanding romances in this competition which appears to be one of the tightest and best ever on this site. Yours is right in there... Congratulations on a job very well done... On a personal note...thanks for this one which I have included in my favorites... Love a good happy ever after romance...

5 stars.

JusteenKJusteenKover 1 year ago

Working my way through the "When a man loves a woman" stories, this is my favourite so far.

Omart57Omart57over 1 year ago

Great story, LTW! Hung on every word!

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

This was truly lovely LTR. You always find a nice balance between romance, realism and just enough tension to keep the reader engaged and interested. Thank you for writing such a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's a laptopwriter story - what's not to love?

Mike9947Mike9947over 1 year ago

Very nice; lovely story and exceptionally well executed. Have enjoyed following you and leaving behind 5’s

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was a very good story, thank you.

p.s. I get the sentiment BUT please don't flush birth control pills down the toilet or sink. It is hard on the fish and birds.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Not only Spring, but any other season!

5

stewartbstewartbover 1 year ago

This is the second story entered in this event that I have read. Is it possible for everyone to be a "winner" ?????? At least all us readers will have won ! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it. The drama with her ex was well written, not like some of the endless drama parts like in other stories where the reader throws up his hands as if to say,”c’mon man” very well done, no but’s.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

That's a nice, heart-warming romance. With a happy puppy, too. 5* all round.

robinhodrobinhodover 1 year ago

I love these Invitationals! Who doesn't?

So far though, this one hasn't taken off for me.

Never mind, Good old reliable LTW has got it moving.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 1 year ago

5* entirely entertaining and as usually is the case with this author - superb character development and flow. Held me to the end with a great story.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Great story. Seven pages flew by. Five-star work.

Hooked

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

Very nice. For a while it looked like Gray would be alone for years but doing well with music. I didn’t expect Cora to reverse course. Thank you for being unpredictable, and for sharing your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had a feeling that things were going too well.

~~~

That was a real dick move by Jim. Why couldn't he come to her? Why should she give up everything for a memory? When they see each other, maybe one or both will realize that there's nothing there anymore.

~~~

The sound set up seems strange. In my experience the guitar plugs right into the sound system.

~~~

$200 to open for a major act? I don't know what they usually get, but that sounds INCREDIBLY low.

~~~

The parents didn't meet before the wedding?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your sure-handed foray into the Romance category shows you to be a Romantic at heart, as well as a top writer. 5*.

irinmikeirinmikeover 1 year ago

Loved it but felt the old boyfriend segment was a bit to contrived and just didn’t fit well. However I guess there had to be a bad guy inserted somewhere towards the end.

redbaron172redbaron172over 1 year ago

Very good story. Different in the way you brought it to conclusion, you didn't rush it, very realistic and not cut short. 5+++ stars.

Storm113Storm113over 1 year ago

Fantastic! Definitely one of your, and Literotica's best.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

A good one. Nicely told. Enough drama to hold my interest. Well written. 5*

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Love the story. Although it feels more like Romance than LW.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 1 year ago

Well done! This was engaging throughout and had everything you could hope for in a “feel good” story.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

What a fucking fan-fucking-tastic story! The best story I've read in some time here. Damn, I love stories like this. Worthy of 5 BIG FAT FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! So glad I followed you!

stev2244stev2244over 1 year ago

Wow. That is a fantastic romance story, among the best in this section. I really enoyed this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Always great when a new laptopwriter story is posted. Just a nice feel good romance with enough angst to keep one entertained. Superb job! 5* + all day long! Thank you for your talent & all you stories. I feel one of the all time top 10.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for the very enjoyable read. Loved the characters including the support ones that added to story.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Beautiful, that was a great love story!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

One of the better stories I have read here. Thank you, LTW. Randi.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Excelent awesome story thanks for ur hard work it was enjoyed n apprrciated.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

The way to find somebody a guy or a girl at a college campus that you must meet but you don't know where they are or where they're going is really quite simple.

In the beginning of this story the woman's friends say we're going to be late for class. So what class is starting at that time? Simply go to the college register's office and look at all the class schedules and find out which ones are in the buildings near you.

.

So instead of 60 buildings you have 3 or 4 to look at and you know that it's not going to be at 8 o'clock in the morning or 8 o'clock at night.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

Fabulous story. Great Characters great background great foundation and really on a very nice flow to the entire story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love the way you build angst in your stories. In this story you built a great foundation for your plot complication with the return of Cora's first great love interest. 5 stars from me again!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

I’m not all the way through all the stories in Randi’s event, but this is the best I’ve read and closest to fulfilling the name of the event. You’ve always been good, but your last few stories have just gotten better and better. 5*

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 1 year ago

5 stars, should be on the Hallmark Channel

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Simply great Thankyou

Spreadaxle53Spreadaxle53over 1 year ago

Sappy, but sometimes that is a good thing on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

We are misty ❤️

So very misty ❤️❤️

You have touched our hearts deeply!

So beautiful and romantic ❤️

S ❤️ J

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story.

After reading several of your stories, I am intrigued by the way you play with Chicago geography. You mention real places, or places that used to exist, but then make coy changes in names of streets or suburbs. It took me a while to figure out where and when the real Plato's Place was. And which Denny's is the one in this story, Oak Park or Norridge? It all adds to the fun of reading the stories.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

Just trying to work out how to 'manly' wipe away the tears. Not every story touches everyone the same I know, but I would be very surprised if this doesn't have an emotional impact on most readers. Outastanding work, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

DON'T MISS THIS ROMANCE, you will read it many times.

"All in all, life is not good, it's great."

All in all, this story is not good, it is great.

The writer has provided such great entertainment in the past the only surprise was that this was even better. The author knows how to write a classic Romance with all the part including the fantastic conclusion. Note the depth of the characters, the interweaving of the redemption of Scott and the Romance story with Heather. As an editor I appreciated the little things, like the clever use of the genesis of the name Cora, something I encourage when I edit.

The Hoary Cleric

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

You've always been one of my favorite LW authors and now you're one of my favorite Romance authors! I'd love to give more than 5 stars!

rodryder44rodryder44over 1 year ago

Congratulations on a wonderful romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Great Romance Story, Thank You! But . . .

it doesn't follow the song (thank God), and it should be in Romance, not Loving Wives. I have to admit, the story is so wholesome and virtuous there really isn't much else to say about it. Almost everything was plausible, logical, and true to life, unless I missed a major fault. OK, having Scott be his best man kind of pissed me off, but that's because your character is much more forgiving than I tend to be. In fact I suspect college roommates rarely become great friends; wonder if there is some research on that. Yeah, that's the best I can do, it really was a heart warming and uplifting story. Thanks for the effort.

jlg07jlg07over 1 year ago

Fantastic story! 5*

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
2nd best

Of this theme great job

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lots of things to like about this story. I thought the supporting characters were well draw. Their dialogue was meaningful, not just filler. And when they appeared it almost always signaled an important shift in the story. They stood well on their own and weren't just weak derivatives of the main characters. I think you must have spent some fair amount of time to weave them in. Thank you for sharing your talent

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Loved it, I must be getting old, sucker for a lovely romance.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

It's a very well written story, my favorite in this event and among my favorites recently.

The only concern I had was that (probably due to reading too many LW stories), my brain immediately went to "if she was so tempted by this character when she's in the rose colored glasses euphoric stage of love, she's almost guaranteed to cheat on Jim if that "first love" guy shows up in her life 5-10 years down the road, when the relationship is "stale" and the reality of life sets in.

Wonder if the author feels like he can leverage this idea into a sequel... if so, feel free to use it :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For her to even CONSIDER backing away from her exclusive boyfriend to go back to her past showed she was an selfish imbecile. Should have let her go right then. There is a difference between "love" and "infatuation" and his lack of self-respect demonstrated that difference clearly.

OnethirdOnethirdover 1 year ago

Positive story, with just a little hiccup. Kind of an odd hiccup, since 4 years and neither person reaching out for the other doesn’t seem like an enduring love. Could have tossed in more drama, but sometimes a simple love story is best. Good luck with the music industry- it’s a tough row to hoe.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Really lovely story with just enough doubt to engage the reader emotionally without going overboard. It was a great take on the challenge, showing how loving a woman doesn’t have to involve forgiveness for transgressions; sometimes, it’s loving her enough to not walk away when she has doubts of her own. Thanks for writing and participating in the challenge. 5 big stars!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Page 2

It’s not the current boyfriend he needs to worry about. It’s the first

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyover 1 year ago

Another great one from LTW. Quality and emotion that provide aspirational goals to us rote amateurs. Thank you.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Again

Page 5

Let me make it easy for you. If that seems like a reasonable decision to you, I’m out. Have a good life. Adios.

rnebularrnebularover 1 year ago

As always, an absolute pleasure to read another from laptopwriter. Thank you, sir, for entertaining us with your imagination. Until next time,

Rnebular

LeoRamLeoRamover 1 year ago

Great story, loved the characters. The ending / decisions came suddenly with not enough drama and soul searching. Having the lost boyfriend on the scene might have brought more reality to the last few weeks storyline.

Thank you for these stories.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 1 year ago

Quality writing - good story, characters and dialogue. I couldn’t be more entertained then if I was paying for it since I am not but feel like I should comment as a small token of thanks. I see no area for improvement or lack in the quality of writing.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

If you are ePub out somewhere please put a note out - I am Definitely interested!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So glad to see a writer who understands the difference between fiance and fiancee. 90 percent screw it up. Five stars for a fine story, well told. JPB

EPDSREPDSRabout 1 year ago

An excellent and captivating story! Thank you for sharing your talent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I found the story to be solid. The two main characters were very well developed y muy simpatico. I enjoyed it immensely. The only draw back for me was:

.

"...he [Kudro] completed his degree in journalism so his dad pulled some strings and got him a job in L. A. as an anchor on the six-o'clock news out there."

.

Really? Just like that? Kudro is the same age as Cora so his very first job is anchor on the 6 o'clock news? in L A? Not something that I would think that a professional writer would say.

OpenToOpenMindedOpenToOpenMindedabout 1 year ago

Really nice and with a super kicker with the ex-boyfriend coming in to give matters of the heart a wake up call. You seem to be excelling well on the quality with a great touch of classy love making, not sleaze but real passion and dignity. All that I can say is, Keep Up The Great Work!

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 1 year ago

Just read the comment below by "OpenToOpenMinded". I don't have any more words to add to his comments.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for your writing.

brian_scoobybrian_scooby12 months ago

I dido that of goodshoes2! OpenToOpenMinded wrote very eloquently and concise. Thank-you for your talent!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The story was great, but there were some things that didn't sit right with me. First was Jack. You described him as being possessive, so I expected a little resistance when Cora broke up with him. And the second was Jim. He could've at least appeared even for a brief moment trying to convince Cora to come with him instead of just sending a letter, or maybe he could've appeared after sending the letter. The story was focused more on a drama aspect, so it would've been okay for me if the two characters were explored more. But then again, this is just my opinion. I still liked the story nonetheless.

Starwolf1961Starwolf196112 months ago

You never fail to impress. I had a terrible since of dread the whole story, as I was so happy for the characters, I expected something bad to happen. I am glad that it didn't and was elated at the outcome. As usual, you write likeable characters, you are sad and happy for them when your supposed to be. I didn't need more character development for Jim or Jack. I like how you stayed with the main love theme. You gave us enough about the

Jim and Jack characters for us to recognize how shallow they were and not worthy of development, As always KUDOS! 5 from me.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief10 months ago

Wasn't sure what I was getting into when I started reading this romance story, but it hit all the buttons. Had me sniffling during the right places, laughing when I was supposed to and wanting to kick some ass at one point. Loved Cora's letter to Dick Head Jim, it was awesome. Sorry I can only give this five stars, but they will have to do.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Too good to be true.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler6 months ago

Five stars doesn’t do the story justice. Most of your work is at or above the maximum this may be one of or the best because of the emotions you bring out. Thank you and I’m going to the next story on your list.

OpenToOpenMindedOpenToOpenMinded6 months ago

A truly reaffirming work, keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

this one i really liked !!

NitpicNitpic5 months ago
Very

Very good story.Disappointed that she even considered going back to her first love,the choice to be more was blatantly obvious.

VicGoodhouseVicGoodhouse5 months ago

Excellent Storyline. Didn't get boring. Great job.

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

Nice feel-good story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Read it again. Still a solid five stars. Best regards.

JPB NOT BOB

Caldwel2Caldwel2about 2 months ago

I love well written happily ever after stories.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Love your writing and while this might be a little more romantic than real life, who cares, it’s beautiful! Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous