All Comments on 'Coronavirus Lockdown'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

A story apropos for the times. Thanks for sharing, Senor Black.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

Did she end up on a ventilator? Did her lover die?

It was an interesting setup for some severe consequences, but you ended it with everything still unresolved.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

Good story! you still isolated incidences of bucking the law.

5

stev2244stev2244about 4 years ago

Nice little corona story to light up our day. 5*

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 4 years ago
Nice.

I'm all for using any weapons possible

to fight the crime of adultery.

The story was a bit short

for a top rating.

But it gets an "Aye" in my vote.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Poor story

Good outcome

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago
I liked this.

That was a new type of revenge. I suspect it will become a more common theme as time goes on. Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Short

Feels very rushed and unfinished

steeltiger01steeltiger01about 4 years ago

Great potential, but cut sadly short.

I think this one needed a little more exposition to make it truly great. It's a good story, dont get me wrong, but it feels like it needs to be expanded a bit

penneydog55penneydog55about 4 years ago
There You Go!

I don't think I can say anything that will sound witty?..So I'll just say I liked it.

5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Obviously, the cheating aspect of this story is contrived and added for the purpose of the tale. I enjoyed parts of this, but it veered off into the, "too cutesy for it's own good", category.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

To the Anon regarding heart disease: Heart disease isn't contagious. If you clog your arteries, except for emotional harm to your loved ones, you affect nobody but yourself. If you get infected with Corona, you can give it to others, some of whom may be ill-equipped to deal with it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

The problem with Corona themed stories is that there's really nowhere to go. Literally.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 4 years ago

I remember the news item this was based on and the mayor's press conference statement in this story had much the same attitude as the real one. There are so much BS surrounding this pandemic we may be years from know the truth about everything.

I can see people getting jail time for not following quarantine rules in places like China, but a fine seems more likely in the USA. They are already releasing prisoners to avoid spreading COVID 19, so incarcerating those that violate lock down rules would be pointless overkill.

tizwickytizwickyabout 4 years ago

Nice start but the story is incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Dear trump supporter

Hopefully your death rate wont be higher than the normal flu rate, but if precautions hadn’t been taken then all the evidence suggests that it would have been much higher. Remember that the spanish flu back in 1918, when lockdowns weren’t possible, supposedly started in usa and killed somewhere between 50 and 100 million worldwide, including nearly 700,000 americans. You want to risk that again? In which case go ahead and see what happens. Americans haven’t stopped dying yet, and it seems to me that most dissenting voices are from the areas that haven’t been hard hit yet. YET! Don’t hear many New Yorkers complaining.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
"A mortality rate slightly higher than the yearly flu?"

Actually, my ignorant imbecile, the mortality rate is close to .4, which is twice as high as normal flu.

And, really, why is money so important when a) we have trillions of dollars, and b) it will all be made up once people start working again?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ouch!

Tag, you are IT!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 4 years ago
Short, sweet, & to the point.

Thanks for a good read, Matt.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 4 years ago

Too short and felt kind of rushed. Has the potential to be a good story.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 4 years ago
Good story

It was entertaining with a different approach to infidelity.

I guess we can all ignore the whining of politically motivated hacks trying to use this site as an opportunity to spew their personal views on the current COVID 19 mess.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 4 years ago
@Annie 'A like of shit with a side helping of shit'

How much of an idiot do you have to be to not realise that the coronavirus mortality numbers are IN ADDITION to the annual flu deaths. It isn't a case of 'well, they would have died of flu anyway so it all works out in the end.' It's a case of 'this many people normally die of flu each year - now add Covid-19 casualties, so just double that number and then keep counting.'

It's not even maths. It's basic primary school arithmetic. And yet some people still can't understand it... Let me put it in a way you might comprehend: 1+1=2, not 1+1=1 because the first 1 fits over the top of the second 1 and therefore doesn't get counted.

Having said that, this was a fun story, written almost tongue-in-cheek, and a very pleasant oasis in the desert that LW is becoming.

Thank you, sir!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good idea but way to rushed

Remember, it takes time to get the tests and results, Make the wife twist in the wind waiting for the tests, then the issues of testing positive and quarantine. You could really stretch out her pain and anguish.

Make it worse, she goes to the hospital, where he meets a younger and super hot nurse, so he trades up and she is divorced. That's a perfect ending for the BTB crowd.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 4 years ago

Ah, Annie, "A like..."

You so spicy! A "like," whatever that may be, of ignorance with a side of fuckwittery, in your comment. You must, of course, make the entire country look like a bunch of dumb-asses. It is obligatory. Matthew has also failed to mention the flatness of the earth, and that world leaders are all secretly lizard people. This sad information deprivation is enough to cause me to ignore the offering. Well, I had to read it, because Matthew used his vile British sorcery to compel me to edit, but other than that...

Write another, please, Matthew. Full marks. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
nice story

I thought this was good story. Sometimes I'm hard on Matt for his protagonist soft approach at times, but this was a great way to tie in current events. I'd also say that it ended to abruptly, but for a flash story, it still worked. thanks.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 4 years agoAuthor
Actually anonymous if you lose your crap you have dysentery

not flu or the Wuhan Cough.

dc6370dc6370about 4 years ago
I read the article about the Mayor's wife

He didn't cut her any slack either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Probably Based on True Story

The mayor of a small town in Illinois (Alton) fairly recently was notified that a Covid related raid took place in his town under his orders. His wife was one of those arrested. When asked what to do....he gave the same reply as the protagonist here.

There was no word of an affair though.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
Short yes

Sweet too. Really Good story Matt thanks. The bbq tale is true, Manchester I think. (The stupidity of the guy who thinks its just a little extra flu is unbelievable)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sad tale of stupid people

And I think we're going to see more people in the USA breaking the stay at home regulations and a lot more people are going to die. The best part of this story was translating "his excretions bore no olfactory load" into "his shit doesn't stink". THAT alone was worth the price of admission.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 4 years ago
Well done!

Enjoyable tale of one man's search for a silver lining. Was 'Blandings' perhaps a nod to old "Plum" Wodehouse? I've always enjoyed his Blandings tales. Thanks for writing and posting!

GA

njlaurennjlaurenabout 4 years ago
Ok

Little over the top, violating the covid rules leads to fines,not jail,and certainly not a long stretch. While I appreciate wrapping this around a unique event, it rang flat, wasn't much emotion to it and in the end not much tension. Harvey would get a fine, rib would still get divorced, his wife would get half of their savings and alimony *shrug*.

As far as the rants about the virus, in 2 months it has already killed more than 70k people and is nowhere near over,it could kill several hundred thousand. Yes,640,000 people a year die from heart disease but that is very different than a virus. Heart disease is treatable and more importantly is self inflicted,people have control over it,there are drugs to treat it,surgeries,and most people who die of heart disease die after many years,many of them might have died of something else.

Covid is likely to kill way more than 10000 people,maybe several hundred,by the time this is done,the death rate nationally is increasing as it decreases in NY and NJ and Ca. We locked down and have 70k dead right now,and it is killing relatively healthy people too,leaving others a mess. If we didn't flatten the curve the infection and death rate would be higher still,and if hospitals get swamped people will die for lack of care for covid, plus people with other life threatening diseases might not get treated like dialysis for lack of resources.And sadly the economy is trashed,but tell me,if we didn't lock down if we just kept going, didn't enforce social distancing,didn't make people wear masks, people commuted, hospitals get overrun, and a million or more die,you think people would go to stores and bars and restaurants and hair salons and the like? Would people fly or take a cruise? Once the death toll.climbed theses businesses would be in trouble, people would rightfully not risk their lives,even if young and healthy,so economy would suffer in that scenario.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 4 years ago

A remarkable achievement

You wrote an entertaining, almost lighthearted story about infidelity set in the most traumatic, life-changing event of our lives. Great job! Will be interesting to see if anyone else can do it.

sdc97230sdc97230about 4 years ago
You could go to jail for violating emergency orders

In most states, violations are punishable by fines and/or jail time, so it all depends on how hard a line local authorities decide to draw. And public health emergencies also allow for forced quarantine as well. The scenario of housing people who test positive in hotels is actually happening here in the Pacific Northwest. It's mostly being done for homeless people, but if you test positive and your family won't accept the risk of you coming home because they don't want to suffer the consequences of your stupidity, that's what you have become, at least temporarily.

KRD19254KRD19254about 4 years ago

6*, Hooyah, salute!

C_frommnC_frommnabout 4 years ago
Short

But Sweet like someone else said.

PornGoddess2PornGoddess2about 4 years ago
I haven't read all the comments...

...but it might interest you and/or your readers that the owner of the bar in the real world where this took place was found to have outstanding warrants for domestic battery and was arrested on that charge.

{I don't see any intimation he was having an affair with the mayor's wife IRL}

Everyone else arrested was charged with "reckless conduct".

Story at The Daily Mail: https://tinyurl.com/ycbf8nsv

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleabout 4 years ago
Not Nice At All

To use the coercive power of the state to settle your personal scores. This is much much worse than cheating on your spouse.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks, PornGoddess2

I followed your link and read the story. On the same page is the story of how a government Coronavirus adviser was having illicit and illegal meetings with his married lover.

I accidentally typed meatings at first. Maybe that was more appropriate?

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Great

Great story about opportunistic revenge taken in the name of public safety. Good story with roots in reality.

linnearlinnearabout 4 years ago
Nice Story

Great idea, I saw the real life article you based this on when it happened. I was simply dumbfounded by the mayor's wife's attitude. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A Very Good Coronavirus-related Story

I hope you will continue to write stories similar to this one. During the current lockdown, one husband caught his wife flashing a neighbor. And I am not sure about the details, but another man caught his wife flashing or in bed with the young man who did the maintenance on their yard. These two incidences could have gone undetected for months had it not been for the lockdown.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yes

Yes,she got what she deserved,divorce and the virus.

thomas_deanthomas_deanalmost 4 years ago
the contagion is contagious

the corona virus presents many interesting scenarios which can lead to divorce, marriage or reconciliation and sometimes pregnancy. With CDC advising couples not to kiss during intimacy, well i can see constructing some interesting scenes or satires. Good Job!

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Short

Short and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good Story

This story was good, but she should have been served in it. Would have been good to get her and Harvey's reactions.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

That was fun! 5*****

Unlike some readers, I don't need more. It was a moment in time, total and complete, and what happened in the divorce is not important. I'm going to imagine that she got half and then left town in disgrace. Your ending may vary.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

OK story, somewhat absurd behavior of wife as usual in LW. But why wouldn't the mayor ask for divorce even before the bust, what was preventing him to do that when he already knew what she was doing? This would deserve some elaboration, no?

scholarguyscholarguyover 2 years ago

A mildly captivating pleasant read

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Abuse of power! Be a man, and deal with your slut wife on your own!!!!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Mayor with balls

Xzy89c1Xzy89c18 months ago

Did not age well

robinhodrobinhodabout 1 month ago

Good writing. Quite humorous. But not much happened really.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later

SIMILAR Stories