All Comments on 'Cost of Survival'

by Firsttimewriting

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
jdhl65jdhl65over 2 years ago

This was surprisingly good : had a real story to it, and made it thoroughly enjoyable. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Firsttimewriting needs to update his by-line. He/She has written a number of really top quality stories now, so no longer first time writing. Perhaps, as a suggestion, Experiencederoticwriter would be more appropriate. Whatever, keep up the great work. I really enjoy reading your stuff!

AguniAguniover 2 years ago

Considering it has the interracial tropes without the cheating and cuckoldry, this is already a step above most of the other stories, lol. Good writing keeps it ahead.

Mind_Warped_HusbandMind_Warped_Husbandover 2 years ago

Really excellent stuff. Very hot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 stars!

At first I was a little disappointed in the time jump at the end bc to me that signaled this might be the end of this story. I really hope you’ll keep this series going tho!

FirsttimewritingFirsttimewritingabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the positive feedback. I intended the story to be a one off but because a few people have mentioned liking to read a sequel I might have to revisit Celine at the compound. Just have a backlog of other ideas I need to work through first. Again, thanks for taking the time to read my story and for liking it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Please, write a second part. This is your best story, just in my opinion.

octabrainoctabrainalmost 2 years ago

Marvelous work of literature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. Entertaining, riveting, and arousing.

syrensayssyrensaysover 1 year ago

Sensational, to say the least. I was engrossed and fully invested from beginning to end - thank you for this masterpiece!

FifthEstateFifthEstateabout 1 year ago

Another terrific story FTW! I’m still not sure how you haven’t captured this category by storm, but I think it’s only a matter of time! This was really good, but I think you only scratched the surface of what it could be. I hate to be another one to suggest you should carry it forward because I don’t always enjoy those suggestions myself, but I’d love to see you do more with this! Regardless…great work!

CagedBoyCagedBoyabout 1 year ago

This could be a novel. Prequels and more!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I don't know why, but this story gave me Mad Max's villain vibes. Nonetheless, an excellent narration

Sir GalahadSir Galahad7 months ago
Humanity reverting to barbarism?

Other writers have gone down this road; Stephen King, Max Brooks, and Robert A. Heinlein spring to mind. But none of them ever forgot something Firsttimewriting seems to have thrown out in the course of creating his universe: The rule of law.

Yes, it is imperative to repopulate the world and prevent the extinction of Homo Sapiens. But reducing women to the status of broodmares, whose primary duty is to birth babies, with any other skills just gravy? Setting up a commune, a rural street gang, as opposed to a community? For pity's sake, the cavemen of the movie Quest for Fire are more civilized than Caesar and his kin!

I'll give Firsttimewriting this: his non-consensual/reluctance sex scenes are well written and fit the context he has established well. But the situation he has created in which he places them is beyond despicable. He would in my opinion benefit from reading The Stand (the writer's cut), World War Z, Farnham's Freehold, Tunnel in the Sky, and Starman Jones, to learn why the rule of law is so important in a post-apocalyptic world.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFirsttimewriting@Firsttimewriting
Started writing for first time back in March 2021 as a form of therapy during lock down. Enjoyed it so much I've kept going at it since. As always, thanks to those readers who have been following, enjoying and feeding back on my efforts, I really appreciate the support. All ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES