Could I Be A Werewolf? [BOOK 2]

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I wasn't sure if I meant that literally or figuratively, because I felt like I could actually do it.

"Zeno doesn't like to adapt to change," Bane said slowly, his arms tightening around me slightly.

Oh, well, that was sort of obvious.

We were away from the mountain now, Luther speeding like the cops were chasing him as the countryside flashed past my window. I relaxed back into Bane, exhausted. Fighting his sister, finding out I wasn't a vampire and wasn't a werewolf, discovering my new powers, and learning to use them had all taken a lot of energy. I'd been looking forward to relaxing with colorful drinks next to a pool while Mickey Mouse waved at me.

"You never did tell me if our vacay was off or not."

Bane turned, sighed, and placed a kiss on top of my head. "It's off."

Well, that sucked. It wasn't the end of the world, but it wasn't what I wanted to hear, either. We rolled into a small town filled with mom-and-pop shops, and Luther rolled to a stop at a red light. I peered out the window, watching the families walk by. It was a cute town.

"Where are we headed to now?"

Bane rubbed my back as I watched a man look both ways before crossing the street. "We're going to—"

I gasped, watching in horror as a truck came out of nowhere and hit the man. A woman screamed and another guy called for help.

I unbuckled myself and scrambled out of the car. Ohmygod. Ohmygod. Ohmygod, I thought over and over again as I rushed to the scene. I didn't know what drew me in. Maybe it was the horror of it all, but I had to see the guy.

Something fluttered in my stomach. Shit, I was hungry again. I pushed the feeling aside; McDonalds could wait. But then a wonderful smell hit me. It smelled better than fresh made pie, better than chocolate, better than anything I'd ever smelled before. Mm, I'd trade my first born for whatever was smelling so good.

I reached the road and looked down at the man, body twisted, surrounded by a handful of people. His neck was at a weird angle, there was blood everywhere, one of his shoes had come off, and his shirt had lost a few buttons. I stared, and stared, and stared.

It was like—I don't know how to explain it any other way—a compulsion came over me, because the next thing I knew, I was kneeling by this guy, my hands were in his chest, and I was digging around. I heard people screaming and running away, but it all seemed like white noise. I searched like I was trying to find a wedding ring in a pile of trash, and then my hand closed around it. I closed my fist around this round thing and pulled it out of the guy's chest.

I could hear Bane in the back of my thoughts, and Casper and Luther telling people to calm down, that they didn't see anything, that everything was normal and fine. Ha! What a load of BS.

"What the fuck is she doing?" It was Zeno; she was close, maybe a couple feet away from me.

I didn't pay her any attention. I was too focused on the thing in my hand. It was glowing slightly with a blue-blackish light.

"What is that?" I think it was Samantha's voice.

"I've never seen anything like it," Zeno supplied, unhelpfully.

I opened my mouth, but not to answer them; no, I opened my mouth and bit into that blue-blackish ball. And oh, heavens, it tasted divine. So freaking good. I'd always prided myself on this chocolate cake I made called Better Than Sex cake. I got the recipe online and then tweaked it a little. No doubt it was great, but it was not better than sex. What I was eating now, this thing from a dead guy's stomach or gut, was better than sex. And I'd had sex with Bane, so yeah.

"Peaches." Bane stood over me as I chewed, swallowed, and took another bite. As soon as the first piece hit my stomach it was like I could think again, like all the hunger I'd felt blipped out of existence.

I looked up at the vampires and witch surrounding me. "Yeah?"

Bane's eyes were wide, his face ashen, reflecting fear back at me. "What are you eating?"

I looked down at my bloody hands, gasped, looked at the dead guy, and backpedaled. "Fuck! Is he dead?"

Luther bent down and looked at the opening in his chest then back at my hands. "He is now."

Had I just killed a guy? No. That wasn't me. I didn't kill people. Well, not intentionally. I took another bite of the ball. Zeno gave me a disgusted look. "Stop eating that, you monster!"

Hey, I resented that! Wait. I looked at Bane, and I knew he was reading my thought. "Am I a—"

"No." His body began to shake, red bleeding into the brown of his eyes. "Don't even fucking say it."

I popped the rest of the orb into my mouth. I couldn't help it; it was delicious. "Bane, I think I'm a—"

He was in front of me, wiping my bloody hands on his shirt. "You are not. Don't say it. Don't think it. You're Peaches. You're mine. That's all that matters."

I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore the dead body a few feet from us. No one seemed to care that there was a dead man nearby, just that I had reached into him, pulled something out, and started eating it. "Yeah, but I'm pretty sure—"

He crushed me to him and kissed me hard. I knew there was still blood on my lips, and most likely pieces of whatever had been in that guy on my tongue, but he kissed me. It was sweet and disgusting all at once.

It was Casper who said it. He pushed a shaking hand through his hair, looked at the dead body and then at me, and laughed. "Think she's a zombie?"

I giggled and looked around. Bane lifted my chin and I focused my gaze back on him. I wondered if my eyes had changed color. "You are not a zombie." His voice was low, filled with denial.

I kept giggling. I couldn't help it. Everything was just too funny. "Got a better answer? Know any other creatures that eat stuff from dead people?"

I felt a tingling sensation and I looked down at my arms. My fur/fuzz started falling off. I was shedding again. But it wasn't growing back. My giggles took on a hysterical note as I raised my fuzz-free arm to him. "Know any creatures that start losing stuff off their body after eating dead guy stuff?"

His voice was angry, his eyes almost full red now. "No." He bit the word out.

I looked around and waved my arms. "Anyone have a guess? Come on, I'm open to anything. Just lay it on me."

Everyone was silent. But then Luther spoke, looking at Bane instead of me. "We won't find answers here. And besides, you've taken too much time off as it is."

Bane shook his head and slowly climbed to his feet, pulling me up too. "I know." There was a tick in his jaw.

Zenobia's voice was angry. "Are you saying we're taking that thing with us?"

"She is not a thing," Samantha snapped, but her voice changed, and I swear her hair crackled. Maybe some of those witchy powers were leaking through.

"I'm coming with you, if you're going," Casper said, in the sort of voice he used when he'd told me about the battles he'd fought. The warrior part of him was showing its stripes.

I threw my hands up, angry that I couldn't follow the conversation. "What are you guys talking about? Where are we going?"

Bane's arm was around my waist, and I felt his fingers tighten against the small of my back. "Egypt."

I blinked back at him in surprise. I hadn't expected that. "We're going to Egypt?"

"Yes."

1...345678