All Comments on 'Counselling'

by PastMaster

Sort by:
  • 255 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really , that judge mandating counseling on a cheating slut with child from another man. Could be as so many judges have their own agenda and sometimes deviate from the law..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story, the author has real promise. Thanks!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

it could've been a group of Mexican booty banditos and would have still liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too good to be this short. I hope you keep writing brilliant stories with very interesting twists

maedhros21maedhros21over 1 year ago

5 stars for writing something original in this category since most of the stories nowadays are retreads of same old same old or they are half finished pieces of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Now I get it. In the authors mind the worst thing that could happen to someone is sex with black men. Gee no racism involved what so ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Nowhere In The Story Does It Indicate The Wife Went Through Some Exteme Life Changing Event, . . .

so he got what he married; he got what he deserved. Maybe next time he'll do a bit more due diligence before marrying a monster like this promiscuous whore. A woman this evil is about as hard to discern as an alligator in a gold fish bowl. Hell, the slut can't even keep her legs together to keep from impoverishing herself, or from getting knocked up. That's industrial strength Stupid. I'm just not sure who's the more weak minded, the whore or the dumb ass who married her. Whichever, thanks for the effort.

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

Short and to the point. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it, and gave it 5 stars. It could have been a little longer too. I also liked how the MC got the doc's attention by faking his own wife's infidelity, getting him to understand the MC's pain and humiliation, along with the disrespect from his wife. Since they had a "prenup", why wasn't it enforced? The counseling was cruel and unusual punishment, forcing the MC the re-live that day or days over and over again, not allowing the MC to "move on with his life".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pastmaster,

You hit thr goold with this one. I fully understood what you were endevouring to achieve with the outburst of OTT angry comments. Spot on.

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58over 1 year ago

Great story. I gave this a 5

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

An accurate portrayal of a man who has been figuratively gutted by the one person he held dear. I think it would be interesting for you to write one on why the evil bitch did what she did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Where is the loving wife? Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one. So she got what she deserved.

NicealloverNicealloverover 1 year ago

Excellent story about how to convince another man what it means to be a cuckold husband. I just wish PastMaster had included more dialogue with the wife’s perspective. What made her so bad?

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 1 year ago

I really didn’t want it to end there. It is a great story as it stands; but an even better beginning to a full story. Finish please?

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

Nice! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That is the first time I have seen that approach to court ordered counselling. What a master stroke of ingenuity. If you have ever had the pleasure of experiencing "marriage counselling" you know how excruciating it is to have to sit through it when all you want is to get as far away from your spouse as you possibly can. When Gerald stated "There's more" you could just feel his world fall apart.

Great job PastMaster.

Doc

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Love it. Now if he could just fuck over the judge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent..

DOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What the Judge wanted him to stay married and be the father of her bastard? *

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story is not believable, were you ok when you wrote it? Drunk? In pain? ????

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Not a bad idea.

Still, it's just a small part of the real story.

4 out of 5 from me.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Well written and an unusual approach. 5*

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 1 year ago

It's rare these days to find an original plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

X mark the spot !!!

robinhodrobinhodover 1 year ago

Brilliant. I couldn't be more pleased. After weeks of LW dross, in one day I have added 3 new writers to my 'Following' list. I just hope this one gives us quantity as well as quality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely brilliant - given a 5

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Loved it, so well done. I too hate those do Gooder Counsellors with a passion and it’s good to see a story that shows up these blights on our society, the bloodsuckers they are.

Scores 5/5 for a well put together imaginative story.

5/5

ken philipsken philipsover 1 year ago

I also deducted 2 points for the too obvious racism. Yr so called hero was really a complete whack doodle. Obviously had severe anger issues but i guess that was the point. Wifey had a a rather twisted over the top way of dishing him i must say. Ended up with a baby out of it. Could have just left, but then there was the pre-nup. Must admit I don’t understand pre-nups esp given i am from Australia where they are almost non existent as they carry little or no weight in our Family Courts. And i struggle to believe in real life a judge would actually order counselling in such a situation. That all said, at least yr story was different. That’s saying something here in LW. Next time tho, pls ditch the racism.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Neat, concise, to the point, impactful, original and entertaining. Great BTB!

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Nice touch. Liked it a lot.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant. Not one word too many, not one emotion too few.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Haha that was very clever - it’s like “yeah motherfucker walk a mile in my shoes uh huh how you like me now bitch ?” Your man put that highly educated ,textbook referring ,classic example of a court ordered waste of time and money , into deep dark recesses of his painful existence for a nanosecond ! It may have even changed the councilors career choice after that wake up call !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done... a nice twist that did EXACTLY what you set out to do.

... a solid 5 !

EastCoaster

CornyHusbandCornyHusbandover 1 year ago

Amazing story. Vert well thought out, and having lived through the cheating, I could literally feel this. Very well done.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

It's a great tale, with an interesting twist and a satisfying resolution...

Too bad the author has to turn his MC into a worthless bigot.

Disagree with me all you want, but it is my opinion, based on personal experiences, that any person willing to drop the N-word with its hard 'ER' out of nowhere is a racist, full-stop. I may be able to excuse, on some level, someone dropping it out of anger if it is directed at someone in particular who did him/her wrong, but to use it unprompted, for no other reason, but to hurt the feeling of some woman who fuck you over, when no black person seems to have been involved in your argument?

Well yeah - that's make you a full-on racist scumbag.

Which automatically drop any sympathy level I may have for such a character at 0, if not in the negative. I may respect the way Brian Steadman managed to get out of his marriage, but now, knowing what kid of man he is, I also have very little doubt that he deserved what had happened to him.

There's some LIT readers who sometimes lament that too many men characters in LW are way too righteous and faultless to be believe. I think, this time around, PastMaster made him, with a single line, too unsympathetic for any moral individual to root for them. Sure, there's going to be tons of commenters who will somehow defend his wording here, but I ain't going to be one of them, obviously.

So 0 ⭐... because negative score doesn't exist here.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefutureover 1 year ago

Could have done with just a bit more on her downfall at the end otherwise not bad, was well written and a lot of thought put into it. Haven't seen a good new writer in ages.

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

Brutal. I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story makes a good point. Only problem is he went way overboard with the counselor. Making the counselor feel that much pain, even if only for a little time is too much. No need to cause that much pain just to prove a point.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazierover 1 year ago

Good enough story. Rather simplistic, but good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, a story that really tells it like it is. Thank you. 5*.

maninconnmaninconnover 1 year ago
Nice angle!

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great, Wonderful, fantastic story, and clever as hell to boot. Author has written 2 stories for lit I hope they don't stop. We readers want more of this calibre story LP

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Short but good, keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A reviewer might say “I bet you can’t even SPELL counseling…”

…but they’d be right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MightyHorny.....Grow up you moron!!

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

What is with racist garbage you have in your story?

Moreover, you are a typical paranoid BTB wanna-be. What judge would have any interest into forcing anybody to accept somebody else's child? It seems you have spent too much time reading BTB LW stuff to have any idea about the reality of such a situation.

1 star for utter garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lol yall are racist for assuming a black guy couldn't have authored this or assumed the main character wasn't black.

PastMasterPastMasterover 1 year agoAuthor

I thought it was time to answer some more of the comments.

First an easy one - my anonymous who said I couldn't spell counselling - well since I am in the UK -it seems appropriate to use the UK spelling of the word - so Yes I can SPELL counselling.

I am more than happy to see any comments and constructive criticism is always welcome. Personal attacks will be immediately deleted. Especially from those keyboard warriors who are too cowardly to put their names to them. You may notice that there are a number of negative comments remaining, which I didn't delete. This is because they were posted by people who had the courage to stand behind their comments, and I respect them and their right to their opinion.

Finally to those who say that things like this don't happen, that such a character wouldn't act in such a way etc. To you guys I would ask if you have ever heard of artistic license. Did you write to JK Rowlings and say Wizards dont exists? or Gene Rodenberry to say FTL travel is not possible? It's called fiction for a reason. People do things in stories to progress the story. If you are not able to enter into the spirit of fiction writing then perhaps you are in the wrong place.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

I loved this take o the counseling thing in LW stories. This is the first time I have read a story here that anyone has really addressed it, and I have been reading here for years. You did an excellent job and I being a very poor english student while in school applaud you. Thanks for a good story with a different take.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it. Burn the judge the same . I saw one comment how no judge would force councling. Judges get on power trips snd the I know whats best

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. I see people refering to you as a racist. If you had said a bunch of white riffraf from liverpool and you where black it would be okay. Strange how it only works one way. Those people or race baiters and virtue signaling . When you write you say what might be said by the character

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WOW .... this is "really" good! Well done and thank you!

OOAAOOAAover 1 year ago

Brilliant!!!! GREAT story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh god

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Look, I'm on the guy's side but dude is insufferable and unlikable. Just another woe is me, the world against the guy being cheated on story.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

Was the judge was banding the wife too!

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

Elephant in the room 1st, the N word. I get what you were trying to do... show a man on the edge, walking just short of wringing her neck and that of everyone that put him in that situation.

Someone mentioned that we don't know the colour of the couple and the could well be black, but it was used in such a way to humiliate his wife, it was the worst thing he could wish upon her short of death. A person of colour would not use it in that way.

The only time I would use that word or similar, would be to show that the character is a racist.

Ultimately, it's your story and your call, but surely it is better to find a different route, just as powerful, that really focuses without a shadow of doubt that he is a man on the edge, it needs no further explanation and does not upset anyone.

It's a shame that one word has tarnished what would have been an otherwise excellent story.

Do courts, now that we have a no fault route in the UK too, still push for counselling when kids are involved? Probably. In such a situation where the child has been proven to be not the father's, probably not. In fact if it's amicable, the courts don't get involved in no-fault divorces beyond rubber stamping in absentium, in the UK. I guess that's why you put this in the US (Motel 8).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, thanks for contributing.

cookingwithgascookingwithgasover 1 year ago

5*! Very, very well done! Forget the plot, which many divorced men have had to endure for the past 40 years, but the concise, smooth dialogue, filled with agony on Brian's side, and the clueless, unfeeling judge and counselor, was perfect.

I thought I'd done something like this, so I went back in my files, and found a story so similar it was eerie. Kudos to PastMaster for publishing first. Kudos to me for hitting 'delete' on mine after rereading it. He told it far better.

Elephant in the room - as one commenter claimed - why do we have to suffer and endure 18%er (progressive liberals) comments even on a free story site? You're already completely over-represented, in the media and the public health and education systems. I mean, you're 18%ers for fucks sake.

I catch a ton of flack in my novels and my free stories when I slam counselors and therapists - basically the entire mental health profession. That's because they know very little, and far less than the piece of paper in the frame suggests. Plus, they went to college, the petri dish for liberal, far out, far left think tank bullshit. Racism, toxic masculinity, gender confusion, white nationalism, rainbow-colored unicorns, climate crisis, buffalo farts, female-led relationships. and the list goes on and on. Politicians pander to these oxygen deprived brains, not for votes but so they can keep the country confused and divided. That way, we're paying less attention to the dastardly deeds being done by them.

Spic, Indian, chink, towel head, cracker, and the 'n' word, were all used in a joking way when I was in high school. And we all laughed about it!! the only reason it's a problem now is because you were TOLD it's a problem, by somebody who considers themselves important. Well, now a bunch of 'someones.' They are not smart, they are just people with an agenda, and they're pretty good at influencing students, and a few others.

The ones who are impervious to their 'Jedi powers' are simply labeled 'racists' to cover their asses.

Counselors and therapists MOST often go about their work as the author describes here. I went to three of them, and used simple logic and common sense to keep them on track with my treatment. It's because Freud was flawed, so their entire premise and foundation is therefore flawed.

Just stop with the woke BS. You're embarrassing yourselves. Great story PM. Keep writing!

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazierover 1 year ago

⭐⭐ 👎 ”dozen buck niggers”. NOT NECESSARY!!!

jon991gjon991gover 1 year ago

Fantastic, more like this please. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah. Walk a mile, in my shoes. Bitch! 5 stars.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Excellent story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was the judge one of the men she fucked?

Maybe he's the father!! She did fuck half the men in town!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WHERE IS THE BTB IN THIS STORY!!!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Something new. Thanks

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

I have faith in some therapy. i have little faith in preconceived determination and a win is only when the couple reconciles People who are in a fragile state or are drugged or taken advantage of in some outside stimulus way; might benefit in some way from counseling. Your conniving cheater who seeks counseling is a scam or sham...No doubt about it. As for this story, it is very well organized for timing and the flow is great.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97over 1 year ago

I totally get why this one was as short as it was. I get why virtually every reference to the wife was left out. The story definitely hit the mark that I felt it was trying to hit. But it felt a bit tiny. It felt like there was a little something left out. If I could put my finger on what that was I would mention it but it is just a feeling I had after reading it. It was good but it also felt just a touch cruel. Maybe it was the judge ordering counseling in the case of paternity fraud. That shit is a toxic as it comes so it feels a bit unreal that a judge would order marriaage counseling for something as heinous as this.

Imagine something as god awful as the reverse and a man physically abused his wife to the point that she became barren and unable to conceive without ever having had a child. Then imagine a judge that ordered her to undergo couseling with that person because he had demonstrated he understood what he had done wrong. it just feels wrong, doesn't it. Maybe that is the intangible missing here. There was never any mention of what she had done to deserve an attempt at counseling. That child is not his so the judge using THAT as the reason for ordering mandatory counseling just feels wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great. So true. Had some bad experiences with counsellors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Decent story and well written. Quite creative but I feel that it lacks the ending that it deserves.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Now the counselor understands! Good story

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBayover 1 year ago

awesome, and refreshing. I have been on LW for over a decade. (closed original account). Great new job with a new story plot that I never came across in LW

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One helluva good story. very clever to boot. LP

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Bravo! Full marks for originality and for the realism of the hurt and devastation caused by a willful adulterous spouse. I’d like it to be mandatory reading for all marriage counsellors!

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

In my opinion, neither the author nor the protagonist is racist or bigoted. The author was showing a man so gripped by anger and frustration that he lashed out regardless of social niceties. It's unfortunate that so many commentators were triggered to ignore the author's obvious skill. It could be argued, of course, that the author should have anticipated that some readers would be triggered into not bothering to plumb the meaning of the outburst and should have chosen another epithet, but who determines the boundaries of artistic license? The story was an easy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. (And if the author wanted to hold the court in contempt, he'd have to get in line.)

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

I really, really enjoyed this!

Thanks for the effort.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

My second reading of this story and I once again applaud the author for his insights regarding divorce and cheating wives. They say authors write about things they know. I hope our author has not been down the road called divorce. What our MC did to the councilor was necessary for him to really understand how the patient was feeling and the emotional trauma our MC felt because of the wife's cheating. We can obviously see the results of our MC's actions the way the councilor reacted to the news that that our MC gave, even though it was untrue. No one and I mean no one can understand the pain and emotional trauma that a man goes thru when he finds his wife is cheating. One must experience it to completely understand, and I do even 40 years later. But I would never wish anyone that kind of emotional pain. Good story. In case any of you out contemplating divorce you don't really need to spend $10 or $20 thousand on a lawyer. There are books with instructions and all the necessary forms and all it will cost you is the filling fees the court charges plus the book the total cost may be $200. Of course it's easy if both of you agree on the divorce and the property split and child custody. If you and your partner choose to hurt each other then you will pay thru the nose for lawyers to referee your fight against each other. You must go at it rationally and after the divorce is final you call her all the names you want.

Of course this is all free advice as are these stories so there are nor refunds if things don't work out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Although I agree with Bierce to a degree, i picture the author writing away with a dictionary full of choices. An author wanting to express the MC’s anger and frustration has a wide range of words available, so why choose the n-word? One option is that the author wanted to expose racist tendencies in the MC. Fair enough. Another option is that the author could easily imagine himself using the n-word to express such anger, which is why some people think the author is himself racist. I wouldn’t presume to know based on one simple story. In my mind, calling a person racist isn’t quite as bad as using the n-word, but isn’t a descriptor I would use lightly. It is telling, I think, that when the author posted the story on SOL, the n-word had disappeared. I do recognize, with Bierce and others, that PM is a talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah!!!

Great story

Only better if his original wish came through

ThejmanltThejmanltover 1 year ago

I feel like the n-word was unnecessary. Why was it so ready in his vocabulary that he could spit it out in anger?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Could never really happen like that but GREAT STORY!!!!!

TracklTracklover 1 year ago

Uh, no, too unrealistic. I can see a judge ordering counseling no matter how much people she fucked, but trying to make a man to raise someone's bastard? No way, if it goes public, people will crucify him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If only real life work this well. You get to screw her for a little bit of time. She and the court screws you over for years. Too bad he count give the judge that little trick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done... while not part of my personal life experience, I can relate to the pain he felt.

For the idea and the execution, a 5.

EastCoaster

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Great Story!! Loved It!!

Ocker53Ocker53over 1 year ago

Well done, excellent ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I still like this a lot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Trite and completely unbelievable. ⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To anal wuiss- “ trite, and unbelievable” bite me, bitch. The cheating cunt, got taken to the cleaners. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And THAT is how a smart man takes out the trash

GoattimeGoattimeover 1 year ago

Who got burnt?

Interesting story just the same

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Now the judge (who was probably fucking her also) needs to feel some pain!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should "by chance" a magistrate be reading stories on this site (heaven forbid), read this comment and "honestly" understand how unfair the divorce laws of this land are to the male spouse then maybe he/she will think twice before deciding that a it is "just" and "fair" to award damages to an adulterous female spouse because it's "what's best for the children" or it's "best for the sanctity of the marriage". Rulings from the bench that continually favor and protect the perpetrator while punishing the innocent victim (i.e. the husband) explain why half the population of this country view the legal system (more specifically the officers of the court) as biased and out of touch with the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well played. Too many judges are allowed to pull this shit.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Nicely done.

Now burn all the people she had affairs with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You do not have to step in shit to realize it smells bad. Human pain can be felt and shared and understood even if the precise experience is not shared. This is a cute little fantasy but a real counselor would never fall for this shit and quite frankly would have been easily able to use Brian’s behavior to understand Brian’s profoundly deep sense of hurt, utter betrayal, and rage. A real counselor deals in reality, and a real counselor would easily recognize that this marriage is completely FUBAR’ed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story and a great way to get the counselor to truly understand.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPastMaster@PastMaster
Other locations you can find my work https://storiesonline.net/s/29762/caleb-by-pastmaster?ind=1 https://readonlymind.com/@Pastmaster/Caleb/ or on my patreon patreon.com/user?u=577867 KR PM