All Comments on 'Counselling'

by PastMaster

Sort by:
  • 252 Comments
DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksover 1 year ago

Wish like hell that it could happen that way, but it never will!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

***** Right on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice first effort involving a difficult situation. The Courts are stacked against a man and for a wife and child, whether or not it's the mans child. I look forward to future, insightful postings.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Damn! That was one excellent little story. People like the counselor sometimes need to be made to see both sides. Great work!

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

Nice.

A court ordering counseling under those circumstances is cruel, and punishing the heartbroken victim.

It's been a trope in loving wives stories for years. Does it still occur in real life?

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

A stiry that does bring out the deep emotions of an affair and illegitimate child. This was told in a fashion that did not use a great amount of background but still gave the reader the whole story with some very good dialogue. Should have not added the racial slur into the story, as it takes away from the other dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good. Thank you for a new perspective.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Racist sh**t. Juvenile.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

very very good first story with a really original idea.5⭐

I never understood why everyone seems surprised when a couple divorces after infidelity and betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good 1st story, welcome

ju8streadingju8streadingover 1 year ago

oh if it was that simple

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 1 year ago

That was very nicely done. Thanks.

KusunaKusunaover 1 year ago

Good story.

Off-topic

What is always killing me is this "innocent baby/child/kid" crap. Why everyone in court says this, but never say anything like that about cheated party. NEVER. It's absolute madness.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 1 year ago

I was startled to see this from an author right out of the gate. It was clear and concise. Surprisingly short but well thought out. The racist words were startling, but made a good demonstration of how angry someone was to EVEN say those words publicly. You showed a man on the edge who was willing to take reckless risks to make his point.

Taken just as it is at face value I give it a 5 star. Normally I give a 4 star for someone's first story but you seemed to have no major spelling mistakes I caught and it was an imaginative twist you put in so I am giving my score a bump. I hope to read more from you in the future.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

The judge seemed to have more of am agenda than the counselor.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 1 year ago

for your first story, I gave you a 5* review. It was a nice twist. Sure, everyone wants a longer story when they are good and capture your attention. But for a flash story, I can appreciate how well your idea came together.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Great first story!

r

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 stars without the racial slur, 2 stars with it !

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

As a counsellor I have to say it is the loss of trust that is the most damaging and the hardest to repair. There cannot be love if there is no trust.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 1 year ago

Racial slur damaged an otherwise excellent story.

MightyheartMightyheartover 1 year ago

Superb.

5/5

Innovative.

Counselors often have a holier than thou attitude.

Loved it. Great writing.

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

👏👏👏👏👏

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

could have made the husband a bit more subtle, his rage a bit more controlled. That being said, he did what needed to be done to get away from the cheater and try to find a new life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'll never understand why idiots get outraged when an author uses nigger as vulgarity. I find it entirely believable that a character that is normally non-racist and non-bigoted could reach for the word in an attempt to emotionally hurt another person. It's not about being racist and bigoted, but about trying to inflict emotional pain in response to the character's own pain. It's using a word that is normally taboo as protest and demonstration. Then again, i suppose that's a nuance to few care to really think about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He will still pay child support in most states, and give up half the assets before taxes, and he gets what is left. The court will only care for the welfare of the child. That means money, and hopefully no violence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lack of editing, -1

Racist -1

What would otherwise have earned a four merits a 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good and creative first story.

I look forward to more of your writing.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 1 year ago

Very good. The husband stood up for himself and got what he needed. The wife also got what she wanted she can go out wiyh anyone now and not worry about her husband.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 1 year ago

Really good, especially for a first story! But if you write again, avoid any racially charged content! I made that mistake with my first story and still regret it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why use the racist slur? It did nothing to enhance the story. It immediately dropped from a 4 to a 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Straight down the alley for the LW trolls

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

HA! One for the good guys. Well written.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

4 stars. The initial premise is too over the top: multiple men over a 1 year period that led to a pregnancy. That just assured that there was no coming back from that. Why the judge would think that keeping the marriage together would lead to a stable home for the child is beyond me and rather absurd.

BUT, it was very clever in how you dealt with the counselor. Nice job on that clever way of handling it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A new dimension for looking at the cheating wife and the divorce. Good job.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

The only issue I see with this is that this is such an over the top situation where there's obviously no hope of reconciliation. Granted it illustrates the point of judges and counsellors having agendas that have nothing to do with being fair and impartial.

Interesting and unique angle to tell an LW story from.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You know, you got to wonder why the judge feels like he's got a "nut" in the fight to force counseling when all parties don't want it. I've never seen a judge ever force mandatory counseling when its the women who initiates the divorce and she doesn't want counseling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

outstanding on all counts.

Keep up the good fight,

the truth., always will prevail, if the judges were all human beings.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 1 year ago

Is this a repost or was there already posted a very similar story?

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

Original idea and good story.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Hate

Is a powerful thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Couple of things.

I enjoyed the tale and it was well-thought out and -written. There are two thoughts that come to mind when commenters remark about ‘a new perspective.’ If they mean another writer has not brought this up before, that is incorrect. If it suggests that some have been enlightened by the views of marriage, it tells me that too many “woke” retards find that a male ego may be crushed for society’s good, then I call bullshit!

The second thought was provoked by the ‘racist’ comments. More woke horseshit piled on an already weak/woke framework. How do assholes know this was not a black couple? Are all races, other than blacks, exclusive to marital discord? And, if it is a black couple, isn’t it the woke who believe that blacks are allowed to use the “N word?” More exclusivity for them, I suppose. It does not excuse all of the liberal shit the left has imposed on people who WERE SCHOOLED TO THINK, NOT JUST OVER-REACT BECAUSE THEY HAVE AN IMAGINARY AXE TO GRIND.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

I liked it, 4 stars, a very good first effort.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Why bring race into it?

\

I know it's common in LW, but do courts really care about "saving" the marriage? The whole point of "No Fault" was to stop wasting time on who's to blame, or whatever.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Good story with some quality writing. I would like to see some extended character development.

michaellajonesmichaellajonesover 1 year ago

good tale, well done.

CharetteCharetteover 1 year ago

for all who cry about the Racist outburst ...

if you full of hate and anger , seething hot ... you are TRULY Political Correct ?

Or did you simple sprew out all the Pain and Suffering without a mind ?

Hind ... it´s the last one

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent concept and very entertaining but please, ditch the racism in your future works. The slur you used is really ugly and detracted somewhat from my enjoyment.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

A little bit too short, but I liked it. It came together with a proper ending. Use of the 'n' word? Best to leave it out- was it racist? don't know, it may have been literary license to show the extreme anger. BUT, in today's climate of snowflakes and woke idiots, best to change the language a tad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awesome story! Wish it was longer but transferred the anger and betrayal well.

PastMasterPastMasterover 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks to everyone for their comments on the story, I value opinion of any that care to share it, but more so from those who levy a real perspective.

One thing I would like to address is the racial slur used in the story. Many of you seemed to feel that it showed that I myself am racist, and this is by no means true. I abhor racism in all its forms. I guess though I missed my mark, although a couple of you seemed to realise my intent. I wanted to portray someone who had been so badly hurt that he was lashing out and trying to be as brutal, nasty and hurtful to her as he possibly could be, without resorting to physical violence. And to the commentator that said the MC was narcissistic and was obviously in some sort of abusive relationship and deserved to be cheated on. I guess you must have read a far different story than I wrote.

fanfanofanfanoover 1 year ago

Me encantó, gracias, esperando más historias suyas

JohnD46JohnD46over 1 year ago

Finally. A councilor who learns to understand

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Nicely done but an absurd premise. 4*

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 1 year ago

Hell of a 1st story … Leo on going. 5/5

Frankcheng123Frankcheng123over 1 year ago

Everyone saying it is too short. Of course! Everyone hates for a good story to end. I liked it, flowed well. Believeable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 for the story, having had to sit with a smarmy pseudointellect like this "counselor" myself. Minus all points for the vicious racism on display. One hopes we'll weed 'people' like this out ofthe gene pool sooner ratherthan later.

IcarusascendingIcarusascendingover 1 year ago

I really liked this. Short but full story, well executed

towgtowgover 1 year ago

Could have been a solid story. But for the use of the N word. It was unnecessary, at best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The husband is the innocent victim, and the wife is the embodiment of evil. Nothing new in the LW realm.

Why don't you just change the names to Christ instead of Mr. Steedman, and Pilate instead of Dr. Sullivan?

SkubabillSkubabillover 1 year ago

What a brilliant first story. I did not care for the racial slur and feel with a little more thought you could have gotten your point across just as well without it. This is not a time in our Nation's history for negative slurs like that for any reason, your explanation below not withstanding. Regardless I thoroughly enjoyed the story so five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hilarious.

The most misanthropic, misogynistic, and chauvinistic, bottom of humanity - oppose racism as a chorus.

LMAO

green117green117over 1 year ago
Pretty good -

at addressing one of the issues of the genre - "everyone should believe I am in the right" on the part of the protagonist.

There is a major issue with the plot, in my mind, which is that I really can't believe that counselors are not very, very used to people lying to them. The trick "reveal" would have had to be quite a bit more ironclad than presented.

And - kids, don't try this at home.

Green-something

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

Smashing, but exactly what realistically happens. Nobody can understand the pain if he has not experienced it himself!

You have superbly documented in your story how far our courts are often far removed from reality. And the silly talk that the child needs a stable relationship crowns everything! Good work! 5*!!!

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 1 year ago

Sbrooks they probably actually want the marriage to fail so the state can make their 10% off child support.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

classic whackaaoodle.... blames the husband for the wife's 12 months of fucking LOTS of other men.

.

It never occurs to w6 the forum asshole that maybe the husband intense over the top mental angst have occurred BECAUSE of the wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thought this story was really good. Lots of originality. About the only quibble I have is that the asshole Judge didn’t get burned 🤗

.

5 *****

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

Innovative, unique, and bound to get the RAAC cuckys to clutch their pearls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story immensely. Didn't mind the racist remark since it was part of the described pain of Brian and came under the heading of artistic license. I'm English and you can describe me as a limey if you wish.

Getting gang-raped by a dozen buck limeys just doesn't have the same impact.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I like this story.

I have lived with a marriage counsellor for 1/2 a century and in their world there is no black or white or right or wrong everything is 50 shades of gray. Just about anything short of violence - either physical or mental cruelty, has some possibility of resolution through counselling and/or arbitration. As for me - not so nice and I certainly see things as being right or wrong - the 50 shades of gray may come into play determining the severity of the punishment for the wrong.

FireFox59FireFox59over 1 year ago

Excellent first story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There always has to be one at least.

This time it's SunnyU2.

That's what you took from this interesting, original work?

Grow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Looks like our usual butt hurt liberals are whining and having a mini stroke over your slight use of a racial slur. I'm sure they are also trying very hard to get your story deleted like the little bitches they are.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

4. Pretty good for a first time author. Wish it was longer and I'm not sure a judge would order counseling for a relationship with child that is not the fathers (though not saying its impossible) but otherwise great story. I'm glad the story answered why the wife was so hard on staying together when she clearly did not love the MC, she didn't want to be dinged by the pre-nup. Also while I fully understand why some people were, rightfully, upset or concerned about the racial slur I think it adds to the story. The MC is furious, he's not going to be filtering his words, he's going to be lashing out at everyone who wrong him and would no doubt have equally harsh words if she cheated with some rednecks, hispanics, religious people, women, or asians. Its a shitty thing for him to do but its almost understandable to lash out like that, it humanizes him. Definitely not words I enjoy reading but they fit the story.

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajunover 1 year ago

Surprisingly good for a first story. Keep writing. Might make the story a little longer by including more details. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All good except for the N word, it made a good story mediocre. You could have said something like gangbanged by the local hockey/baseball/soccer and totally avoided the offensive word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story, conveyed a different slant on counselling.

Steppinontoes

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104over 1 year ago

Excellent and visceral. I look forward to more stories from you.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Wow! That's good. That's very original. I like it. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Painfully evocative of real life. Been there. Done that.

I would say thanks for the story, but upon reflection...I won't. But kudos on your talent and skill.

Please write something else.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Great story! However, typos and punctuation drag down a good story, and your writing is too good to let that occur. It's like buying a new car with scratches. Please have someone proofread your excellent writing. Lots of members on here will gladly help you.

.

5++++/5

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Well done, slightly different take and I liked it. Thanks for writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nicely done!

DooDeePlanBDooDeePlanBover 1 year ago

Rarely comment (I use the Lit app which doesn't have the option), but felt strongly enough to login on a browser to say: great short story which accurately conveys the devastation, heartbreak, & apoplectic anger of being cheated on, especially to that degree. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Or…

Maybe you didn’t write it as clearly as you thought you did?

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Any story thats starts with this type of idiotic stupid wife proclaiming "She feels that the marriage is strong enough to get over this mishap with a little help."

And then the writer promptly decides she wont just be stupid we'll go full over the top with the usal dumbassery so prevalent in LW by....not making it a mishap but a full on slut drop. Might have worked if it were just one man but you misogynistic hacks literally drive full speed over the cliff.

"Your honour, a 12-month affair with multiple men, resulting in the birth of a child is hardly a mishap, especially when the DNA proves that said child does not belong to my client

For some reason none of you can grasp the concept of less is more, you always think "More, yes, more the knuckle draggers will grunt like apes over a wicked slut". And yes they do. But realistically multiple men and another mans baby says "Hey she checked out of the marriage" so her cries of wanting to save the marriage ring totally false and hollow. Now if it had been one man and an unwanted child...yes its possible she did want to save her marriage. The wife you gave us clearly wasnt concerned with her marriage. But if aiming for the easily impressed was your goal...good on ya!

And just an aside, most judges dont force counseling when a child by another man is involved, very rarely.

Next time try to be less stupid.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 1 year ago

To start out on the critique of the story main character Brian Steadman Is a racist. One does not talk that way you have any conversation unless you are a racist. Story it’s relatively good other than it’s racist comment. The wife after Spending a year getting pregnant from the individual who is not husband I don’t blame him for taking her to the curb.

nativensdnativensdover 1 year ago

Loved it!!! Bravo - I just wish it wasn't so short. Excellent work and I hope you continue to write more stories. Keep up the awesome work!!!

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

well written and no nitpicking here

xtc5xtc5over 1 year ago

I really liked the story and I didn't feel the slur helped your story. I hope to read many more of your stories.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

great job

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was one of the best stories on how to deal with Counseling. It was a genius method to get your internal feelings across. It is a great start for a first story it earned all ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

sad that theres judges that dumb out there :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice one. Just keep track of your dialogue. MC says 'she has never once said that she was sorry for what she did.'

Actually, a few lines earlier - she did.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

still baffles me how they think forced counseling helps or even works and, in some cases, makes the person worse off. in this case he should have made it clear that he was being mentally tortured by it. any certified doctor would have no choice but to stop. not to mention as soon as suicide was mentioned. going to chalk that one up to how the MC fucked that counselor's world for a few min but he should have referred him to another counselor for his own sanity

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

oh sorry forgot i enjoyed it tyvm for the read

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

I would have given this a 6* but for all the pussy WOKE crap comments and then your acquiescing to Woke reader pressure over using the word NO cracker is allowed to say without being branded a racist - forbid forbid, a poopoo no-no.

\

13% of USA population has obtained so much control over ALL, and worst 90% of violent crimes are by the boogy 'N' letter males. And over 50% of the children born to be father-less --- oops cannot say that it's a WOKE statement. If it is a racist act to state the numerical facts then I'll wear my 'cracker' brand proudly - as a Vietnam, Vet too.

\

Truth is truth : fiction is fiction - so get over it. The Courts have way too much unfair, unequal power to torment an innocent husband especially when the child is DNA proven not to be his. The Courts may have been granted the 'Irreconcilable Differences' easy out but Adultery is Adultery there is no masking that pig.

\

His ploy to give a TIM teachable-instructional-moment was GREAT. It is similar to all the book-learned Shrinks that think they understand a person with PTSD/battle-fatigue/shell-shock; until that Shrink walks a mile in combat, you do NOT know shit or what true FEAR is !

\

5****, Hooyah, Salutes... PM stand your ground.

I've traveled to the East too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPastMaster@PastMaster
Other locations you can find my work https://storiesonline.net/s/29762/caleb-by-pastmaster?ind=1 https://readonlymind.com/@Pastmaster/Caleb/ or on my patreon patreon.com/user?u=577867 KR PM