All Comments on 'Country (Af)fair'

by ausfet

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Vows???

I guess she wasn't in it "For better or for worse"???

What happens when 2nd marriage is on the rocks and, faces troubles? Cut the losses like any modern age person and, look for someone else.

Addictions are real illnesses, nice to see how someone will turn on someone they had attested to love.

Can't say I liked any of the characters in this one, oh well.

tygztygzover 6 years ago

Superb story.

@Anon above: gambling addiction is one thing, non-stop lying and stealing from your wife - her money hopes and life - is another. He can burn in hell, he already burned the vows years ago. She moved on with her life, maybe more quickly than is socially acceptable; something tells me you've got something to move on from, yourself.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
She Moves in Mysterious Ways : Story Will Blatantly Grind Reader's Gears with the Plot Tease .

ausfet sure made me " wait for it ". Was the closing reveal worth it ?

Full marks *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
After six weeks

her stomach is bloated? Of did she eat too much?

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
This is a good plot, but...

This is a good plot, but taking out the fuck scene, it was almost like a journal article...the wife expressing her emotions as if written by an outsider viewer...For instace: one day,she fucked a guy, next day she founds her husband his cheating and lying, two days later she asked for divorce, put the house for sale and moved to her lover's house...1st - What happened to his roommate? 2nd - just one fuck and she got in love with him...3rd - so much in love they married and she was already with a "bloated stomach"...The title for this should have been: "The Fast and Faster"...4th - After the whole story why did the writer thought that we didn't know that her ex was still gambling? News would have been that he was cured...He got too easy and unharmed from all his cheating and lying...2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: Vows?

For better or worse doesn’t mean when one spouse deliberately makes things worse. If it had been the wife who had done all of that stuff,you’d have said the husband should have kicked her out years ago.

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Nice job!

Good story, 4* no emotional connection to the tale but close enough and entertaining.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 6 years ago
Loved it!

Wonderful story, the evocative description of the country show grounded the action. I felt like I was walking along behind the sisters, my boots stirring the dust on the path between the sideshow rides and hawkers.

And then the real action, the disintegration of a marriage. The first tease of the cheating wife away from home looking for a bit of local "action." Then the layers are peeled back and you realise this is the last desperate act to escape. To take things past a point they can ever be recovered. Finishing with a happy ending and rebirth or more accurately an impending birth.

This story had it all, a five star stunner.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
eh ?

shes not a paragon of sainthood either, imho hes a pos and she's just a less stench emittimg piece of fecal matter. no matter the size or smell you still can't polish a turd

4

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5! WELL ANNONY

You would know all about turds and shit your life is full of them. Your wife made you shit while she fucked the fleet and died.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The number one reason marriages fail is related to financial causes.

She had alternatives to cheating and divorce, like taking control of his paycheck and their finances, counseling, and Gamblers Anonymous. But its your plot. Rather preposterous that she would just bump into a better husband at the county fair, who's ambition and intellect is fulfilled by chopping wood. She demonstrated her level of discipline and self respect by fucking this country rube, bare back, within a few hours of meeting him. But it wasn't a revenge fuck, honest! Oh, they talked and got to know each other first. Yeah, like she got to know her husband, after 8 years of marriage.

Just left me thinking, now she's the one doing the outrageous gambling. All her first husband lost was money, and a whore. Some day he may become a rehabilitated responsible adult and husband. She'll be a whore for the rest of her life.

If her second marriage is a success it will be complete luck and happenstance. When hunky horny wood-chopper is in his thirties, she will be in her forties, with stretched belly, wide butt, sagging tiny tits, and a gaggle of kids to look after. Wood chopper may be laying some lumber in someone else's pussy by then. Bet that will be a close shave.

A very realistic plot for adultery and marriage failure. Too bad it was executed with such shallow characters and contrived circumstances.

ishtatishtatabout 6 years ago

Exceptionally well written. Totally realistic.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 6 years ago
Original and entertaining

I really liked it! 5*

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinalmost 6 years ago
I enjoyed it

Just discovered you as an author, looking forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WOW

Great little story and well told. Thanks.

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 5 years ago
Re: pontificating Anon and his "mansplaining" criticisms.

You'd think that someone with that level of knowledge and understanding would give us the money shot of his take on a similar set of circumstances - rather than indulge in snarky sniping behind keyboard anonymity. Still, such mindless, moronic comments do not, in any shape or form, detract from the enjoyment of ausfet's brilliant writing. I WANT TO SEE A PUBLISHED NOVEL ausfet!!! Please, pretty, pretty please :-) You really, really are a very accomplished author. Looking forward to your submission to the Aussie themed contest next month. Drooling already in anticipation I is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent.

I did the same thing when I found out that my wife was cheating while I was working my ass off, building and running a successful business. A month after I threw her ass out, two of her sisters had moved in and were taking her place. They knew what she'd done and wouldn't let her into the house if there was a raging blizzard and she was naked. They've each had three of our kids and our business has grown to be forty times larger than it was. My 'wives' laugh at the slut for what she had and cheated herself out of.

I went four stars for this story but it was probably worth five.

Raleighman53Raleighman53over 4 years ago
Good, real story.

I give it a 4

Catman1001Catman1001over 2 years ago

I enjoyed the first story I read from this author enough to read a second. I wasn’t disappointed!

I was drawn in immediately by the opening scene with the 2 sisters at the country fair. The idea of the “less traditionally pretty” sister being in the shadow of the “more traditionally pretty” sister is a bit common, so I’m glad the story didn’t stick with that track.

I appreciated the action in the central sex scene: authentic, arousing, detailed without being tiresome. I loved the tenderness in the bathtub.

As I first read, I thought the exposition of the protagonist’s discovery of her husband’s betrayal, etc was gratuitous, but as the narrative unspooled I realized it central to understanding the character.

Well done! Thanks for a very god story!

P.S. It’s hard to refrain from commenting on the other comments. Let me add, you know a story is good when the characters get judged for their actions as if they were real people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Engaging. Well-written. Loved it. Thanks.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love the completeness of the story. It explains what the current situation is. It tells what her thoughts were about the new man, even if he is younger. The background about how the husband gambled away any savings and property value. Then we find her new husband is more responsible and there is a child in their future.

The only sex described shoed the young man was unsure about his performance but did manage to manicure her. She gave just enough information to entice me to read through and then finihed with a happy ending.

Bruce

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userausfet@ausfet
Don't get too excited, I'm not dead. Thanks to everyone who has emailed, voted and commented. Thanks also to the lovely folk who have edited my stories and provided advice. About me: 38, married, two kids, two dogs, live in Brisbane. To answer some of the most commonly...