Courting Lamara Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And about the other thing," she eyed me, "last night," she leaned back in her chair.

"It was the best sex I've had in years, but a lot depends on you. I don't want you moving in, I want to have my own girlfriends but there's no pressure to turn this into a relationship. Let's just take it a day at a time, okay?"

"Okay," I finally replied, "I'm the same, I don't want you to move in here either."

"So, all we have to do now is find a playmate for Milo," her eyes twinkled mischievously.

"Perhaps we'll make that our next date?"

"Maybe," she glanced at her phone, "I've got to go to mum's for the night, my sisters are coming around... you're more than welcome to come with me and I can drop you back here later."

"Thanks but at the moment I think I need a bit of time on my own to digest all this."

"I understand," she reached out and tugged at my hair.

"The hardest adjustment you have to make is realising that despite everything that happened last night, people just carry on with their lives. Don't fall into the trap of making it all about you or her, it happened and it's tragic but life is for the living."

"I'll be fine, I think. Thanks for the invitation but you know how it is."

"I do," she leaned over and kissed me on the lips, "don't be a stranger."

She left a few minutes later and I sank into the couch and stared at the curtains. Janis was dead and so was Barrows, I'd be out of the force soon enough and Lamara had just laid her cards on the table and she was right, it was entirely up to me now.

So, how long would this last? I closed my eyes. Was I just fooling myself or was there something in this after all?

To be continued...