All Comments on 'Courting Lydia'

by DwellerDark

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
biphilmassbiphilmassover 8 years ago
Great start

Lydia may have been abused by her father in her home and she's really shy but I think that Kevin will open her eyes to a wonderful sexual world. Please keep this going I cannot wait to see what happens when Kevin and Lydia meet her family and her intended.

5 Stars

jetpacksamjetpacksamover 8 years ago
This really needs to continue

Lots of ground to play on here

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 8 years ago
Not finished

There really seems to be more to this story. The line about waiting to die? What's scandle and affairs? Why is this young thing throwing herself at a stranger?

I have liked the characters, the story and the dialog. But I don't yet see enough to understand the tale. This is more a vignette than a short story.

I hope to see more so I can understand better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Uh . . .

This is seriously weird.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
3*s

Just like "Jack and Megan " , " Courting Lydia " stopped before the conclusion .

Another chapter is required for an adequate , complete story.

In this story only the man is married , though separated. You are keeping the plot simple and that's okay for a beginning like this story . But the plot will need to get more complex as the story developes and characters experience deeper emotions .

Thanks for the stories DwellerDark . Good luck with developing your talent .

AMerryman

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Again

This author writes entertains stories, and I have read all of them that are presently posted. They all have one failing and that is they are all incomplete and leave the reader hanging and wondering what happened. This author seems to be deliberately doing this as part of his literary writing style. The bottom line is it really detracts from the readers total enjoyment of this author's stories.

DwellerDarkDwellerDarkover 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you to everyone who has read "Courting Lydia" so far, and especially those of you who took the time to comment on and critique the story. I really appreciate the feedback! It seems that a number of people feel that the story doesn't end in a satisfying way, or that it feels incomplete. It is a conscious style choice on my part, because as a reader I don't like short stories that end "and they lived happily ever after" or feel that they need to address every loose thread. Novels, yes, but with short stories I feel like they tend to capture an immediate event and leave a lot of details up to the imagination of the reader. However, I will consider this and see if I can remain true to my style but find a way to make things more satisfying and conclusive. Thank you again for the feedback! You are awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Actually

I like your style. A glimpse, we get titillated and then can imagine how it goes on according to our tastes.

Cheers

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Left Up to Each of Our Imaginations

- The story ends allowing each reader to imagine several possible outcomes based on his own imagination.Since the story is a bit of a fantasy anyway,we're each free to close the story in whatever way(s) our imagination dictates.

- Don't like that the author left things up in the air?Come up with your own conclusion and blame yourself if you don't like your ending!

- For me,this one deserves a Big 5!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Jeez, Louise, I hate these “slam it against the wall” endings. I mean, this had the makings of a really good story. It was rolling right along and I was enjoying it. And then, Wham, Bam, SLAM!!! It was Over. Done. No mas! Dammit. I mean, come on. I know you don’t have to wind a story down as slowly as you wind it up, but you also don’t have to drive it into a wall at 50 mph. It would have been interesting to see how her family reacted to her falling in love with a non-believer. And the wanna-be boy friend too. Oh well, Que sera.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Wonderful adult fairy tale. Five stars and a heart felt thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous