All Comments on 'Cousin Kaitlyn the Flight Attendant'

by RetroFan

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
to long

I don't want to read a novel. Gave up after page 5. jumped to the end to comment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
11 chapters

Way too long. I got bored.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Yes it is a bit of a long story, but still a nice departure...

My only critique is leaving the ending a bit too vague. Perhaps closing with them getting together with blessings from the family?

Wash2015Wash2015about 3 years ago
I liked it a lot

I like a longer read and some actual story but in some parts there were a lot of details that I think could have been glossed over a bit. Describing a scene is important, the long list of every single building etc that was visible whenever they were outside was unnecessary. Name a few things sure but just the train ride to the airport at the beginning listed what I assume was every single thing of note along the way.

While caution is important in their relationship, is holding hands in a big city really that dangerous? Especially her city, other then the aunt, who would know them? And even in his city, other than family who would know? They had been apart 15 years, his friends and coworkers wouldn't know her or that they are relatives. The caution to me was just a slight distraction and by the time he met her roommates, he could have been introduced as a boy friend not cousin.

I think it was left open to a chapter 2 and would be interested in reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Way too much long and BORING drivel

Long bad and boring

HDblackheartHDblackheartabout 3 years ago

I'm not like the other two I liked the character build up yes it was a bit long but this is a very well thought out story hope you make a part 2 I want these to to move in together and maybe have a kid or two

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Was too long but still a sweet story gave it 5 stars

You had a lots of "normal" moments in the story that really didn't add anything to the plotline. Remember in writing to say what you want to say in as few words as possible. Good luck with the next story but by all means keep at it. Cheers!

Frankie1952Frankie1952about 3 years ago

I enjoyed this story not only because it is set in my country and I know many of the scenes portrayed but loving a cousin is something I too have done for much of my life. Relationships between cousins is legal in Australia as is marriage. So while not incest per se it is still a little taboo. I would love to see what happens from here. Will they get together as a couple? Marry and make some babies? I hope so because I can only wish I had known what the law actually was all those years ago and my beautiful(still is) cousin and I could have had a life together. Thanks for entertaining me and reviving the memories of my cousin and I.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Very much too long. Alot of the relatives added nothing to the story. I skipped a lot

Too long!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An amalgam of romance and travel brochure with a bit of sex (not very erotic sex at that) that didn't get included until 70% of the story had gone. Some strange ideas about religion, unless Aussieland is totally different from the remainder of planet earth. For example I've always called a Catholic priest "Father", never "Pastor". Also don't Catholic priests live unmarried lives even now?

Lots of unexplained loose ends - never found out why Kaitlyn's parents disappeared to USA? Loads of irrelevant relations who simply cluttered up the story. LESS IS MORE - TOO LONG. Verbal diarrhoea or padding is fine when writing an essay that calls for 20,000 words but not in a story for entertainment.

Generous 3***, more like 2+

Strange tale - I feel as though I don't need to visit the Gold Coast or Melbourne, I know way too much!

No1holywoodNo1holywoodabout 3 years ago
liked the story

it was a little long in getting to the 'action' but I still liked it. Perhaps in next chapter youy bring in Melinda. She can be the official partner and have threesome with them all?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Page 2

You lost me on page 2, too much Christian bashing and character build up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great writing.

I loved the story. Would love to see part 2. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
To make a long story short...

.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Awesome

Fantastic story and i hope you decide to do a continuation.

Mouseman_Mouseman_about 3 years ago

There were some sweet moments, but way too many long anecdotes about their history, and just not very sexy at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Boring

Boring, way too long.

SomeDamnedDudeSomeDamnedDudeabout 3 years ago
Continue this tale

Now that the back story is completely established, please write more about these two. It would be nice for them to have a good full relationship continue.

RetroFanRetroFanabout 3 years agoAuthor
Thanks for reading & feedback

Thanks for reading my story and for those who left positive comments, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

To clarify one thing from one from a comment, Kaitlyn's parents are fundamentalist Christians not Catholics, and her father was a Pastor of a fundamentalist church, as opposed to a Catholic priest. I'm very aware that Catholic priests don't marry and have children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So boring! Not sexy. Nothing hapend just long boring storie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

First cousins can legally marry in Australia. I hope that Darren and Kaitlyn would in time find themselves deeply in love, get tired of living apart and sneaking around and move in together as an engaged and then married couple. I am sure everyone around them knew they were sweet on one another.

Even in the USA, first cousins can marry in one of the states that allows it and live legally in any of the fifty states under “full faith and credence”.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This tome is far too long, repetitious, wordy and in need of editing. Some of your previous stories are much better. Good luck with future efforts.

mharrisonmharrisonalmost 3 years ago

The story overall was good and had a decent "plot" but to me there was far too much description of the world around them to the point where it was becoming distracting almost to the point of thinking "is this guy just showing his knowledge of Australia ??".

Would have been much better to have spent the effort on telling their story beyond where this ends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Everything after page 2 did not display for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A long boring story. Sorry,,,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

GEEZ , SUPPOSED TO BE A SPICY EROTIC STORY , SO LONG AND BORING , I EVEN HUNG ON UNTIL PAGE 6 THEN CAME HERE TO TELL YOU TO FORGET WRITING ANY MORE , I JUST WASTED SO MUCH TIME

pickup_man_1971pickup_man_1971about 2 years ago

I absolutely loved this story. Definitely one I will read again.

Rapier875Rapier875about 2 years ago

Nice, but far to much reminiscencing in the early pages plus the prolonged travelog.

The connection between the two was too short given this was an 11 page story.

But.......I enjoyed it and gave you 4 Stars.

Rapier

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too much bs conversation between the characters. It was a boring read

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

wishing there will be more to it.

Falstaff60Falstaff608 months ago

Is it the stigma of being with a cousin romance that is driving this story? Seems like a weird question but I ask as it is legal in Australia to marry your cousin, even first cousins. But that does not mean it does not have a stigma attached to it and might cause an uproar in the family.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous