Coyote Eyes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ma!" Oaksley screamed.

Felina shifted, still feeling some stiffness. Her third swallow from the bottle was silver. The image of the badge came unbidden. Always the badge. She was neat and clean, representing the law as she should. Oaksley's crimes came to mind. She could recite them effortlessly. The personality washed over her and she became Arthur Condit, Texas Ranger.

The ranger shot two men and Oaksley was alone.

No... No, she was Felina. She wouldn't let some long ago memory steal this moment from her. Wrenching her mind from the false memories, she steeled herself. Forcing her hand to stop its shaking, she stared at the man who'd set her up.

"What... what are you?"

"I'm your death, Clifton Oaksley."

His hand reached for his gun. Hers was faster.

She soon left town with Calvin's wagon. Never again did Felina see the man who had healed all but her scars, but she had more than his memories to sustain her.

*****

"Here, Mama. I brought you some cobbler."

She smiled down at little Calvin's handsome face and couldn't understand why people were sometimes put off by his grey-blue eyes.

"Thank you, baby. Go back to play now."

A few minutes later Felina saw him with his friends as he told them one of his stories.

*****

But my love for Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen

Though I am weary, I can't stop to rest

I see the white puff of smoke from the rifle

I feel the bullet go deep in my chest

From out of nowhere, Felina has found me

Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side

Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for

One little kiss and Felina good-bye

El Paso

*****

With thanks to Brad, Jerry, Vik, Racing, MAS, Timothy, MrZ, Leon, Phillip, Laurence, Adam, Ken, Mark, Nora, Cheryl, Kerry, RP, Baron, Zachary, Alex, Mike, George, and Charles.

12