All Comments on 'Cracks in Their Shells'

by enigma2020

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
dlearyousdlearyous6 months ago

Beautiful story , thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Touching story. Well fleshed out characters and great writing (flow, grammar, dialogue). Thank you!

StrappySandalsStrappySandals6 months ago

Long, but extremely well done!! Interesting, so far the two best stories I've read in the Christmas contest featured a wood artist/ cabinet maker. What were the odds of that? Yours offered much more color and detail of the trade, than did mine however. Congratulations on a great story & Good luck!!!

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere6 months ago

loved this, but a bit of whiplash switching to 1st person on the last page!

olddave51olddave516 months ago

Great story, touch me, you need to write more! You seem ripe for more stories.

Some may shy away from the 10 web page length but it was rewarding to the end.

Just like I do with epilogues, the epilogue seemed to be there to just tie up the story and not add to it.

Maybe if done in parts we could have enjoyed the 6 years before the graduation.

It could have been broken down in parts so we could see the "side" romances of the family members a little better AND the trial would have been great to see the rapist get "taken care of" more then you did I like to see bad guys punished!

I assume the sons were twins. We did not get to see much of the sons' significant others. Or grand kids from them.

Your metaphor of the intertwined leaf stems in the lake was outstanding.

The joke that the mom and Becca played was a little over the top you almost lost points from me with it.

Overall 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

muskyboymuskyboy6 months ago

Lovely story and beautifully written, 5/5. I'll be looking forward to many more from enigma2020. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Magic_CapMagic_Cap6 months ago

Even considering the amount of 10 chapters, the story was/is too "straightforward", too "smooth" for me. It would have offered potential for some "detours" and more depth, such as how Becca managed to overcome her traumatic experiences and to open up - emotionally and physically! - to a partner again.

I admit that this is certainly difficult to portray, especially as probably very few of us have had to go through these experiences ourselves (and I wouldn't wish that on anyone!). But it would certainly have been worth it.

Therefore only 3/5 stars from me !

DrizdartDrizdart6 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

A fine romance ... easy to read through, though there were some "klinkers" along the way. Perhaps biggest was the effort to find a reason for the mother to worry about everything and everyone. Close to that, the details of the sequence of Christmas celebrations.

I enjoyed the read, and hope you will continue to offer your writing to the community.

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

An excellent story. I did expect more drama in a 10 Lit page document but, surprisingly, it went quite quickly.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thanks for this. Truly well done. Much resonation.

MeanderlwcMeanderlwc6 months ago

Without a doubt 5*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sorry, but once I dsiscovered that Logan’s girlfriend and mother had made up all of the bullshit they put him and his father through, I completely lost interest in the story. I have enough people acting like shitheads in real life to enjoy such behaviour in a romantic story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

An assault in the form of a slap delivered by a female of the species, is still domestic violence. The whole plot point surrounding this event just ruined this story for me.

H_RoarkH_Roark6 months ago

Good story and well written. I tend to forget that personal dramas can be as interesting as big events and I think this story balances those out nicely. It's nice to see a story with characters following the traditional route through courtship to a happy ending. I had a friend who lost two siblings in a drowning and his mother behaved very much like the mother in this story. So, to me that was believable. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

excellent story, much feels. however you don't have any experience as a woodworker. no one would use cedar as a wood for furniture especially for a rocking chair, much too soft for that application. Otherwise an excellent story, loved it.

alwayshomealwayshome5 months ago

Congratulations, well done, what a lovley story. Well written, keep up the good work, more please !!

montydogmontydog4 months ago

Great story! Well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userenigma2020@enigma2020
Mid-forties, recently divorced with two adult kids. I’m looking for a lady’s touch and company. Hit me up for a chat and let's explore each other's desires. Not in the mood for sexual talk? I do value a good non-erotic chat with ladies who don't talk in text-speak. I'm into o...