All Comments on 'Creepy Action at a Distance'

by mirafrida

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Futuristic, techno story that is very original. Enjoyed it, but non-techies could find the storyline a bit detached and intimidating.

KupotekKupotekover 1 year ago

Great and original ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story was beautifully written and incredibly creative. Took a typical kink to the next level while keeping it plausible and exciting. Very, very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unusual and creative piece and highly enjoyable! Since Magister is a non-human, the story can feel a bit impersonal at times though. To balance this, it would have enriched the story further if Darya’s character was fleshed out more, perhaps by exploring her background, interests, sexual persona and experience etc. Wishing good luck for the submission!

mirafridamirafridaover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you Kupotek and anonymous readers!!

Point well taken about the "techiness" of this one and the resulting impersonal sensibility. A year or so ago I wanted to find out what all the fuss was with AI, so i did some reading and got on the GPT3 beta. It was cool but did not blow my socks off. That experience certainly informed this story - and although I did water down the AI verbiage at least three times after my original draft, perhaps it was still not enough.

I was definitely going for a HAL9000 type suspense vibe at the beginning as well - which probably added further to the "cold" feel?

At any rate, glad you liked it!

PS: one tech detail I did omit - MGST-R stands for Machine Generated Semantic Text in Realtime ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well now I have a new kink. Thanks.

MamateyaMamateyaover 1 year ago

Imaginative story with a real and interesting storyline. Well-written & edited too. It's why I follow you. Thanks for writing!

mirafridamirafridaover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you Mamateya & Anonymous reader! For whatever reason, this one was a real beast to edit. Went through it a million times and always found something I wasn't happy with. So it's very nice to hear the effort is appreciated :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

4 stars for originality and interesting plot. A good story! Missed out on a 5 only because less sex from the girl, and her lack of enough emotion.

WilmagronWilmagronover 1 year ago

I liked this very much! Didn’t like the ending, mostly because I don’t particularly like happy endings.

mirafridamirafridaover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you Wilmagron, I'm glad you liked it!

I did have a more ambiguous ending in my early drafts of this story. But then I thought of the idea of the AI operating in different "genres" and Darya using that to her advantage, and I liked that a lot as a story element, and it led me toward a more positive outcome. I guess I didn't really want an AI to win out over a human anyway.

In general I tend to shoot for endings that are (a) not ridiculously upbeat ["now she was so happy to have become a sex slave..."] (b) not dismal either, and (c) leave some ambiguity or space for reader to imagine what comes next. But of course everyone has their preferences :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love this a lot!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermirafrida@mirafrida
My fantasy life has always leaned toward nonconsent scenarios that strike me as "plausible" in certain idiosyncratic regards. I ​was dreaming them up long before I came across such things anywhere else, so they seem to be a part of me. I suppose it is probably the extremes of ...