All Comments on 'Crime & Punishment: The Prequel Ch. 02'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a horrible writer

I hoped this would get better after chapter 1. It went downhill. I won't be reading any more. Yuck.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Sorry, Richard

I'm one of those who won't read this because of the way you ended the original. I see no need to read the prequel to a story that I didn't care for.

The one thing that DOES intrigue me is the statement, if I read it correctly, that this will go beyond the end of C&P. I can only hope that it corrects the mistake of the reconciliation.

coloradoexilecoloradoexileover 6 years ago
Ignore the anonymous trolls

Great job. Well written, compelling prose and real emotions. The world is never black and white and you do a masterful job filling in the shades of grey. We don't have to like your characters or what they do the be able to recognize good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Inside

This writer gives an inside look into the dirty side (as if there is any other) of the criminal justice system. It is close to fact. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hate women much?

In this writer's world, strong women are amoral bitches who think nothing of betraying the people they claim to care about to satisfy their out of control hormones. Just another creepy bastard trying to sell his agenda.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
Literary Deadwood or Through Character Exposition?

To be honest, the narrative of the story 'seemed' like it was caught in the riptide of trial blow by blow. Dickens excelled at riffing and vamping on minor characters who were superfluous to plot, didn't get Oliver Twist vibe here -

It's rare I challenge RG's major choices, but the Jedi mind trick cc the old lady alibi just seemed tawdry and wordy . I was hoping for quick glimpse of how main character interacts with killer client . Things were kept to mercenary levels. It's hard to get a rooting interest in any of players thus far in narrative. Even Orwell would hold out a semblance of hero , even if happy ending was mega -iffy.

I dunno. It seems every character who merited description with 3 digit IQ was sleaze . The murder victim was trollop, who apparently disdained both fidelity and birth control while dallying with BBC . No moral judgements but that's an iffy proposition husband is morally bankrupt , prone to blind rage and has funds for both firearms and crackerjack legal representation. Jesus walks among us ? Yeah well so does OJ .

I'm going to tentatively pan this installment but have done that before with this author and with passage of time and reread(s), usually see I was the slowcoach of reader / author equation . Looking forward to next chapter and additional clarity of focus in RichardGerald's big picture.

Oh yes ... I see sbrooks103 dropped in yet again to say he had to be going and wouldn't stay due to allegedly botched and amoral conclusions in previous stories. If righteous endings are your dealbreakers , you've made a righteous choice . As for myself ? It's all about the flow of setting , the flux of underlying big ideas and hopefully a bit of bump and grind for spice.

This story has been trundling down a long-ish runway , here's necessary speed is soon achieved for liftoff. Since this is fiction - the landing is of secondary consideration.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 6 years ago
Very Interesting

I don't have any problem with amoral lawyers. The poor would probably use them if they had enough money. This is fiction that mirrors the real world which is slowly sinking into a cesspool of despair.

However, I am still pissed off at the ending of Another Love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Can't wait for more

So far really liking this story (a lot more than the original). Always wanted to see a story of Foxy and Susan. More hyped now too that the author mentioned this story is going to go past after the ending to the original.

Lol @Boyd Percy, I think everyone is pissed off the way Another Love ended. Didn't help for me that Another Love was the first story I read by this author so I didn't know his tendency to do that kind of stuff in his stories

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
NICK NAMES REVEAL WHO A PERSON COULD BE

while the true person does his job, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

more cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Heh.

Cuckold husband asks, "Who killed Shelly Hamilton? The cuckold husband..."

Nice to throw that little joke in there...

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Works for me... so far.

Finally witness Foxy Fitzgerald in action. Was not disappointed.

Still, I'm really here to watch how the relationship between Steven and Susan will evolve... or dissolve. I've never see those two go on to the 'happily ever after' trope, and, given what RG said at the start of this first chapter, it sure is looking like I was right about that.

Chapters are coming out weekly - truly appreciated this. Hope to see more next week.

(By the way, why is this under 'Novels and Novellas' and not 'Loving Wives', especially if the Fitzgeralds are the main focus of this prequel? Just wondering...)

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 6 years ago
Excellent

Excellent, great character development. Its nice to read the prequel, we know how the story ends, now we will know how it started.

Great writing, I look forward to all of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More Fascinating Layers

Another masterful addition Richard, adding yet more layers upon those already in the original story, which the prequels encouraged me to read again. This Crime and Punishment submission is one of your best, and, IMHO you are one of the top 3 if not the number one writer on Literotica. Best wishes to you in your pursuit of a wider readership. Hope we get to see more ... soon, Jack

HadleyVBaxendaleHadleyVBaxendalealmost 6 years ago
A prosecutrix is the victim in a rape case, not the prosecutor

Which I suspect you know Rick. I knew a defense lawyer from New York that always started out calling any woman prosecutor the prosecutrix and always apologized profusely for hls confusion when they couldn't take it anymore and rose to object in righteous fury.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
CHEATERS NEVER WIN

while murderers often do,,,,,TK U MLJ LV NV

GymShortsGymShortsover 4 years ago
Wow

You've only had 9900 people look at this so far. the first c&p prequel had over 17,000 views. The numbers don't lie, just to many very flawed characters. NOBODY to root for. They are all pond scum, especially Susan

IMO 2**, just because of all the time and energy you put into it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Woao....

He played them good!!!!!

ErotFanErotFanalmost 4 years ago
The story was good but

...Perry Mason bored me to death. You _could_ have said how slick Foxy won in about three to five paragraphs. But some readers like this stuff, so in fairness I scored it hightr that I enjoyed it. ;^ )

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Great courtroom scene, very amusing and clever. The author has a very devious mind. Should one be appalled the the lawyer got a murderer off or should we blame the prosecution for not doing their job more thoroughly? After all there is no such thing as a SURE thing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous