Crimson Clockwork Pt. 01/03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Something clanged upon metal behind me. I risked a quick glance over my shoulder.

The young man who had pleasured me with his tongue had tackled the machine from behind. With a fierce grunt, he shoved a candlestick into one of its joints.

As man and machine struggled, clarity sliced through the fear. Though the exact design was unfamiliar, I still recognized the clockwork components and the protective casing on its underbelly.

I darted forward, ignoring the man's shout of warning. Barely dodging a swipe of one of its claws, I yanked at a lever, exposing the lubrication coils. A swift yank tore some of the coils free, causing its engine to seize up.

The machine sputtered to a halt, smoke leaking from its compromised components.

"Who are you?" I shouted at the man as he rose from the deactivated machine.

"Irrelevant," he said, speaking for the first time since we'd met. His voice was soft, barely audible over the roaring flames and the distant screams.

Panting, he raised the candlestick and looking back towards the burning manor.

Three more machines crawled over the wall.

"Go," he said. "Over the cliff."

"Come on!" I shrieked, grabbing his arm.

With a growl, he took me by the wrist and dragged me to the cliff's edge. The three machines closed in, their bladed limbs slicing at the air.

"If my friends find you," he said, ignoring my screams and protests. "Trust them."

With that, he shoved me over the cliff's edge and turned to face his doom.

I plummeted, screaming and cursing. Pain roared in my back as I hit the water.

Years of swimming off the coast at my family's country estate ensured I did not drown, however. I rose, my head emerging from the water. A deep breath brought in the stench of smoke.

Treading water, I stared up at the cliff, seeing no sign of the mysterious man who had saved me. Shivering with cold and fear, I turned to swim towards the city.

**

Author's Note: I hope you enjoyed! The next segment is undergoing editing and will be submitted shortly, probably within a week of the first part's publishing date.