Crone Ch. 04: Winter Drear

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They sat back, in silence a while, she thinking over his new state, sure now he was the same man but changed within.

For his part he nursed some resentment for a time but being a good lad, he shrugged it off. Working with such a woman meant sometimes having difficulties. No reason to resent that she was who she was, asked questions he found difficult to answer.

And she had nothing to do with Father's grief, being pushed from his home. That was his own fate, his own path to travel.

He broke the silence.

"That wasn't fair. Father doesn't want to forget; neither does he want to remember, not every waking moment. He is feeling pain and trying to push the pain away. It's hard on me, but I'm strong, I can do this for him."

The crone looked at him again, this time fondly. If a sunken bony face and twisted blue lips can do that.

"If I had a son, I would want him to be a man like you."

That hit him unexpectedly, hard, in a spot he didn't know was hurting. His hands in his lap felt wet; he looked down, found tears falling freely. Found somehow, he was sobbing, and didn't know why.

She seemed to understand why, took him again in her arms, put a hand behind his head, drew him to her shoulder and let him feel all that.