All Comments on 'Cracked Concrete'

by Bookwormmom

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighabout 4 years ago
Strange and effective

Criticism first. It should be 'wanton desire'. 'Wonton' is a kind of Chinese snack. That bit of nit-picking apart, this is a strange and effective look at obsessive and potentially destructive love. Very good for a spur-of-the-moment idea and worth five stars.

trickill53trickill53about 4 years ago
Life lessons

If you haven't had a relationship like this or know someone close who has you haven't lived long enough yet. Excellent writing as always.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting

Slightly dark. I love the POV. Nice addition to your work.

Slurpy29Slurpy29about 4 years ago
I’m in Awe!

Incredible writing. For a shorty, it was amazing how I felt the lust-love-heartbreak. I’ve enjoyed all your stories, but with this you’ve proven yourself to have a wide range of storytelling talent. For me, this is a piece you can be very proud of.

visioneervisioneerabout 4 years ago

A beautifully paced reminder that perhaps it's better to fall in love before we fall to lust. Excellent work.

metroalmametroalmaabout 4 years ago

Hard to give it a 5 (but did) not love here, just some heart breaking truth. Sad truth, we do need the truth from time to time.

Luvstofuck69Luvstofuck69about 4 years ago
Amazing!

I love the way you tell your stories. Always leaving me on the edge wanting more..... I read S'mores, then read 180 degrees, feel in love with them both, was waiting on part 2 of 180 degrees, and found part 2 of S'mores last night. Both so beautifully captivating with the build up, that this story is like a great side release. Look forward to reading more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
well

Maybe...just maybe you should get your own category here

Xena75Xena75about 4 years ago

I love your stories and I hope this doesn't sound harsh. I wish you would finish one before you start another. With that being said. I did like this story very much.

NataschaCraneNataschaCraneabout 4 years ago
the calendar!!!

I so love what you did with the calendar! Your PACING is so good and to put the arc of crush/love/heartbreak in such a short form! This was so good. *fanning self*

tapiolatapiolaalmost 4 years ago
A story that didn't leave me fustrated

I noticed that one comment said there no love - I could tell from the beginning that this story was finite.

I was reminded of a film called "Interlude" - the theme song says "Time is like a dream and so for a time you are mine". You can find the song on Youtube sung by Timi Yuro (pick the version that has the words on screen)

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Short but not so sweet

What a trip! This one took off like a rocket but fizzled out shortly and left one of them in the dust. Excellent comment by the one person about falling in love before falling in lust. So glad her friends loved her enough to come and get her after the crash, maybe they could see what she couldn't. Great story.

eros53eros53almost 4 years ago
Powerful

And very painful, and unfortunately very often so true. It happens but let’s hope fir the HEA’s...

Only_connectOnly_connectover 3 years ago

Great technique, mentioning the months. A little lacking in detail in the sex department, that wasn't the main point anyway. Nice!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Anon

Beautiful!

RRC2RRC2over 3 years ago

Wow! Quick, short and so intense. Painful even though there is no reason to connect with the characters.

THANKS

Jimbo3948Jimbo3948about 3 years ago

Oh well... I guess not all of your stories have to end with "living happily ever after"... That being said, this one was short, intense, and probably more consistent with real life than your other ones - but still excellent.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 3 years ago

Just re-read, and decided to comment. True, not your “usual stuff”, but like all your writing, beautifully done - the structure/pace/word choice is mesmerizing. From my vantage point, do not hesitate on occasion to wander outside your usual stuff. 5 stars again.

pseud277pseud277almost 3 years ago

4 stars because it isnt "hot". A too real story of consequences? Good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

We miss you :-( Please write again.

WahmuoWahmuoover 2 years ago

It’s not even a story, but a list of bullet points. I did not like it at all.

ScloseeScloseeover 2 years ago

Such a beautiful and heartbreaking story all wrapped up in one. I absolutely love your works

SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesarover 2 years ago

Brevity is the soul of wit, and this hits like a heat-seeking missile.

I'll never look at kitten calendars the same way again. :(

ArkingArkingabout 2 years ago

This is about the third time I have read the story. I found it powerful the first time and just as powerful now. Loved how you dragged us all in, so so real in many departments. It seems as we get older the lust of a one night stand [be it 4 or 5 months] sometimes doesn't catch us out, and we can see the lust from the love. Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it! Even before they hit the bed, the first part in bar did it for me, I'll reread that multiple. I'm 42 now, still in love with my husband, a great marriage but one night four years ago while out with a few friends, I met the second love of my life, a younger, 28, sexy, athletic woman. We started talking, she touched the back of my neck and I became redder than red and wet and thought, OMG, she's trying to seduce me and thank god did she ever.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBookwormmom@Bookwormmom
Horizons aka Jody and Ellie is now releasing on my Patreon ******All previous stories will be found on Patreon over the next few months. Same user name! Come find me!! https://www.patreon.com/Bookwormmom?fan_landing=true Because I write 18+ my Patreon is not avail via sea...