All Comments on 'Crossing Moon Ch. 02'

by Jayleen88

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
nightwatcherinenightwatcherineover 14 years ago
It's a bit vexing...

that the story is supposed to play in Europe. First, I hope you do realize that Europe is a continent, not a country and that the 25-30 countries that add up to Europe are very, very different from each other, so it's kind of unsatisfying when you don't specify. Second, to your minor slips: No matter where you are in Europe - you don't pay with dollars! And even though a lot of Europeans are able to speak English, it is kind of rude to assume that and just talk English to them (except you're in the UK of course). Third, there is probably no country where you could purchase an area big enough for wolves to roam unnoticed (or it would be really far away from civilisation, not to speak of good schools). As you might know, most European countries are a bit crowded compared to the US, the population density is just too high to leave space for wolves (Ohhh, I wish...)

I don't mean to be overcritical, but since your story is set with a real-life background, it should be authentic and credible. Why didn't you just leave the kids in the States? Surely you would have found a place there, far enough away from their parents to explore independence and whatever you're planning them to find in your story. Which I am really curious to find out - despite the fact that this one little word ("Europe") keeps nagging at me ;-)

Oh man, I never wrote that much in a comment...

WerefanWerefanalmost 13 years ago
Love your writing

I love the stories you have crafted. The unusual and unexpected phrasing was, at times, distracting. Now, knowing that english is not your first language, I find myself loving your writing more and more.

Thank you for sharing your talent. Please keep writing, I love wolves and vamps.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous